PDA

View Full Version : Energy Initiate [3.5 PRC] PEACH

Eloel
2009-06-30, 11:03 AM
This was supposed to be an entry for the PrC contest, but I got the concept wrong, but since I don't want to trash it, here it is for your criticizing pleasures.

ENERGY INITIATE

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/roe_gallery/88266.jpg

"Is it hot? Try this", a Fire Initiate, shooting a fire missile.

An Energy Initiate is a kineticist who chose to specialize in a particular energy type, boosting his power with an energy, at the expense of other energies. An Energy Initiate that is loyal to his chosen type becomes one with his chosen energy.

BECOMING A ENERGY INITIATE

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
:Knowledge(Planes) 8 ranks
:Knowledge(Psionics) 8 ranks
:Must be a Kineticist

Class Skills
The Class Name's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Profession (Wis), Psicraft (Int), Autohypnosis (Wis), Disable Device (Dex), and Intimidate (Cha).
Skills Points at Each Level: 4 + int

Hit Dice: d8

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Manifesting

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+0|I Choose You!, I Learned Already!, Keep Focused(+1)|

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+0|Resist This!, Ah, Not That!,Learning Makes Forgetting Easy|+1 Manifesting Level

3rd|
+1|
+1|
+1|
+1|I Sure Will|+1 Manifesting Level

4th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+1|It Goes Through, Keep Focused (+2)|+1 Manifesting Level

5th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+1|Bit, More, Energy!|+1 Manifesting Level

6th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+2|Moving Like It|+1 Manifesting Level

7th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+2|Easy Like 1,2,3 , Keep Focused (+3)|+1 Manifesting Level

8th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+2|And It Goes Through Easily|+1 Manifesting Level

9th|
+4|
+3|
+3|
+3|Full Power!|+1 Manifesting Level

10th|
+5|
+3|
+3|
+3|Ignorant, One With The Energy|[/table]

Weapon Proficiencies: An Energy Initiate gains no proficiencies.

I Choose You!
An initiate must choose an energy to specialize in when entering the class. He's prohibited from using the opposite energy in any power thereafter.
(Fire X Cold , Electricity X Sonic)

I Learned Already!
An initiate that has electricity or fire as their chosen energy gets +1 to Reflex saves every level. One that specializes in Sonic or Cold gets +1 to Fort saves every level.

Learning Makes Forgetting Easy
Depending on the bonus granted by I Learned Already!, you get -1 to the save that you're not getting a bonus for every 2 levels, starting with level 2 (to a max of -5 at level 10). (-1 to Fort if you're getting bonus to Reflex and vice versa)

Keep Focused
The initiate gains +1 to power DCs with his chosen energy at 1st level, and again at 4th, 7th and 10th levels.

Resist This!
The initiate ignores Energy Resistance equal to twice his level with his chosen energy.

Ah, Not That!
The initiate is vulnerable to damage from the exact opposite energy to his chosen one.

I Sure Will
The initiate has Energy Resistance equal to twice his level with his chosen energy.

It Goes Through
The initiate is treated as having the Power Penetration feat when using a power with his chosen energy as subtype.

Bit, More, Energy!
Energy attacks with the chosen energy deals +1 damage per dice. This stacks with similar effects.

Moving Like It
The initiate gains the movement associated with his chosen energy.
30ft(Perfect) fly speed for Electricity
40ft burrow speed for Sonic
40ft swim speed for Cold
60ft land speed for Fire

Easy Like 1,2,3
When applying a metamagic feat to a power with his chosen energy, the cost of the feat is reduced by 2 (to a minimum of 1)

And It Goes Through Easily
The initiate is treated as having the Greater Power Penetration feat when using a power with his chosen energy as subtype.

Full Power
The initiate is treated as 2 levels higher than he is for the purpose of setting the limit on augmenting powers of his chosen energy

Ignorant
The initiate ignores all resistance and immunity against his chosen energy, and is himself immune to his chosen energy.

One With The Energy
The initiate's type changes to [Elemental] and gains subtype depending on his chosen energy.
[Earth] for Sonic
[Air] for Electricity
[Water] for Cold
[Fire] for Fire

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-06-30, 09:29 PM
Very enthusiastic ability names, I'll give you that. :smallwink:

The only comment I have is that you need to type the bonuses--what type of save bonus do they gain, what type is the bonus to power DCs, and so on. It's okay to leave the DCs untyped, but an untyped save bonus up to +10 is a baaad idea.

Eloel
2009-07-01, 12:16 AM
Very enthusiastic ability names, I'll give you that. :smallwink:

The only comment I have is that you need to type the bonuses--what type of save bonus do they gain, what type is the bonus to power DCs, and so on. It's okay to leave the DCs untyped, but an untyped save bonus up to +10 is a baaad idea.

It's not THAT bad, when all your saves are bad-saves anyway. (Also, the miscalculation on my part was that I forgot to factor in the +3 for bad saves. I was going for +16 total save bonuses, which is just below 2 good-1 bad save classes. I'll look for a way to do it.)

Added another 'ability', care to check?

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-07-02, 03:09 PM
It's not THAT bad, when all your saves are bad-saves anyway. (Also, the miscalculation on my part was that I forgot to factor in the +3 for bad saves. I was going for +16 total save bonuses, which is just below 2 good-1 bad save classes. I'll look for a way to do it.)

I didn't notice that the opposite save is penalized. It should be fine now.