PDA

View Full Version : It just occured to me... [possible Spoiler]

Hacktor
2009-06-30, 02:38 PM
I was reading the comics and I just realized when the 3 gents from the lower planes will take control of V...

Exactly when they are near a gate\powerful item\ etc...

They just need access to V's body for a moment and it would mean havoc for all...

That's a frightening ideea... has this been disused before? can someone provide a link please?

Meg
2009-06-30, 02:45 PM
I think that was probably the plan from the get-go, I'm not sure if it's been discussed, though.

Bibliomancer
2009-06-30, 02:47 PM
I believe that it has been discussed, although I'm not sure if I can find the links. A specific idea they mentioned was that the fiends can now effectively control V's spellcasting ability. Think about it: V starts to cast a spell to kill Sabine/save an archon/defeat the Snarl, and the fiends take over mid-spell, causing V to stop and the spell to fail. They could do this hundreds of times if they paid attention.

Zevox
2009-06-30, 02:49 PM
It's been discussed quite a lot, pretty much immediately from when the strip in which the deal spelled out was posted. It is in fact now the most popular theory of the Fiends' plans on the boards. I'm surprised someone other than a completely new poster wouldn't be aware of this.

Zevox

fangthane
2009-06-30, 02:56 PM
It really depends on the specifics of the agreement and the flexibility of their control. BTW Biblio you might want to spoiler that since the thread doesn't have the tag. Just a thought. :)

At one end of the spectrum, they could potentially usurp V's self-control for 6 seconds at a time, up to about 500ish times (based on the high estimate of just over 50 minutes total owing)

At the other end, they can take control for 3 sessions, two lasting about 8-10 minutes apiece and the third lasting for about 2-5 minutes

Given that they're evil and on the presumption that they're as intelligent as a truly innovative and inventive fiend should be (and as it appears they are) I'd tend to go with the first mechanism. V can potentially pre-empt their efforts at control by being too far away to take effective action (since he can't cast teleport no matter who's controlling him) but of course that limits his potential to provide a positive influence on things too. It also presupposes that he sees the bigger picture and their game plan and wants to prevent its success, none of which are absolute certainties at this point.

Hacktor
2009-06-30, 03:00 PM
I wouldn't bother with that 500 X 6 seconds stuff. If I was the fiend in question I'd take control only once and only for 1 round... but chose the moment with scalpel precision... one does not need quantity if the quality is close to perfect.

Also... Sorry for not paying attention to the forums :smallsmile:, but my job will be the death of me :P