PDA

View Full Version : Munchkin - what set is "knee pads of alure" from

oxinabox
2009-07-01, 04:35 AM
what set is "knee pads of alure" from?

I thought it was core, but i can't find it in my set (printing 14).
ANd i know i have all the cars, i counted them. and i can't find any an expected doubles
I played with it on the weekend with someone elses set, which was what made me what to buy the game.
Playing it, not the knee pads of alure.

But i wopuld like the kneepads.
They arn't completely broken. not when everyone is an elf (so no one lets them help), and you have enough people that when level 9 comes alone a potted plant becomes undefeatable with the number of buffs played on it.

Castaras
2009-07-01, 04:54 AM
I got mine from the core normal Munchkin.

Narazil
2009-07-01, 05:45 AM
I love Munchkin, especially when I have the Kneecaps of Alure, they tend to make me a bastard.
"Have to help" is horribly easy to twist, especially towards newer players. "Give me your sword!" "Why?" "You HAVE to help me!"
... I'm evil when I play, I know.

But they're 100% core.

Avilan the Grey
2009-07-01, 06:00 AM
Munchkin is great. My personal favorite flavor is Munchkin Chuthulu. Last time we played it mixed with The Good The Bad and the Munchkin; those are two sets that really work well together.

As for "Vanilla" Munchkin, I have all expansions. Usually we skip Demented Dungeons tho; it's way too much "dig through the pile X" (which is a pain since you have like 800 cards with all expansions).

My favorite is the add-on cards, like "...of Doom" or "...from Hell". It leads to hillarious things when you boost the same item a couple of time.

"Kneecaps of Alure of Doom O-matic".

oxinabox
2009-07-01, 09:15 AM
hmm, maybe i missed them.l and someone disgarded them by mistake.
Does anyone else have 14th printing?: so I can know forsure that It hasn;'t been removed

"Have to help" is horribly easy to twist, especially towards newer players. "Give me your sword!" "Why?" "You HAVE to help me!"
... I'm evil when I play, I know.
totally legal munkin move.
As is passing mostercards under the table to the person with the wondering monster card.

Geno9999
2009-07-01, 10:01 AM
Then there's the fun of dropping Cathulu, his mate and his clone, who happens to be your father.

oxinabox
2009-07-01, 10:38 AM
or best of all;
The fun of watching as a player Buffs the monsters your fighting to hell.
Change a lvl 12 into about... 24, when your lvl ~4.
Then as they cackle with Glee.
Wack out the Tranferal Potion.

endoperez
2009-07-01, 11:22 AM
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=58284

Removed in the 14th printing. :smallfrown: If you have a blank, you could rewrite it as the kneepads... That sounds like something that'd fit Munchkin.

oxinabox
2009-07-01, 11:26 AM
damn.
that's rather iritating.

I honestly wouldn't call them unbalanced (hey it's munchkin!) as i explained in OP.

um... If anyone does think they're broken fell free to post them to me. ;-)

The Glyphstone
2009-07-01, 11:55 AM
I'd call the Magnificent Hat more broken myself, honestly, despite its legacy/origins of Win and Awesome. Kneepads are nasty though.

Avilan the Grey
2009-07-01, 01:33 PM
hmm, maybe i missed them.l and someone disgarded them by mistake.
Does anyone else have 14th printing?: so I can know forsure that It hasn;'t been removed

totally legal munkin move.
As is passing mostercards under the table to the person with the wondering monster card.

Of course you won't have to pass it under the table. You have the right to give away cards whenever you want...

FlyingScanian
2009-07-01, 02:17 PM
Of course you won't have to pass it under the table. You have the right to give away cards whenever you want...

Much fun has been had with this.

About the kneecaps: For us it hasn't been as much that they're overpowered, as that we felt that they removed some of the fun from the game. Our interpretation, of course (or, more specifically, the owner's...)

Blayze
2009-07-01, 07:29 PM
Bought the basic starter and the first two supplemental packs ages ago, and much fun has been had whenever it gets brought out. That card that lets you auto-win combats (Friendly something, was it?) is hilariously good, especially since the wording doesn't state that it has to be a combat you're even involved in -- the monster can literally give you their items even if you have no part in the fight.

Avilan the Grey
2009-07-02, 01:42 AM
Bought the basic starter and the first two supplemental packs ages ago, and much fun has been had whenever it gets brought out. That card that lets you auto-win combats (Friendly something, was it?) is hilariously good, especially since the wording doesn't state that it has to be a combat you're even involved in -- the monster can literally give you their items even if you have no part in the fight.

I really enjoy the card that just magically makes the monsters disappear, played at a great fight. At the end. After everyone else has used all their stuff...

(Cloned wandering buffed monsters vs 2-3 über-buffed players! They are about to win! There are 5-6 levels an 16 treassure cards in the pot! ...No it's not... The monsters just walked away... Sorry, you wasted all that for nothing... :smallamused: :smalltongue:)

oxinabox
2009-07-02, 05:24 AM
Not by my rules.
they rule set i'm currently playing (there are many vairations)
says there is no way except by some Badstuff, and some curses that you can give away a card that doesn't ahve a gold value (Ie a door card, or a GUAL card) have ever since GUAL cards arn't explicitly big, they can be stolen.
We munckin munchkin.

Narazil
2009-07-02, 06:49 AM
Meh, that's nothing. We've been addicted to Munchkin for so long, we cheat munchkin.. It's kinda sad, at times - but fun!

The rules of our games are:
1: Never EVER leave the table, opponent will surely pack the deck - and shuffling isn't allowed.
2: Never EVER look away, opponent will surely pack the deck - shuffling still isn't allowed.
3: Don't tell your opponent the time - he's trying to trick you to either:
3a: Look away (see 2)
3b: Flip your hand, so the cards are upside-down towards him.
4: Always keep track of your opponents level, lest he starts at level 4.
5: Always re-do your opponents math, 1+1+2 does not equal 6.

.. Cheat is the most ultimate card of the game. "You may use any card" of course means "Find Kneecaps of Alure / Unnatural Axe" or use a monster as an item.. And of course you'll have to find that Plutonium Dragon from the deck!

oxinabox
2009-07-02, 07:01 AM
I like.
Cheating is fun in munkin.

At one stage someone was about to win and i had nothing to troll them with. I was a wizard and i had no cards in my hand.
So i disguarded my wizard card to backstab them. :-D.
They won anyway, but only cos they were warrior

daa18
2009-07-09, 08:33 PM
I love cheating in munchkin. There's nothing better than getting a card that forces you to discard a card.

Me: Ok, time to get rid of those kneepads of allure.

Other guy: Why?

Me: Because it doesn't specify whose card I get to discard.

Other guy::smallfurious:

I love vague rules:smallbiggrin: