PDA

View Full Version : Wiki for "Ravine" setting starting up

Reltzik
2006-01-12, 08:16 PM
Right. A while back I posted a lot of notes on the Ravine setting here: http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=gaming;action=display;num=1128839571

I got mostly positive responses, and a lot of encouragement to stick it up somewhere online in a more formal publication. The subject of wikis came up, and a one or two people even offered to help. Never being the sort to say no to free labor, I jumped at the opportunity. Of course, Murphy caused my graphics card to fail at about that point, starting a chain of events that knocked me offline for a couple of weeks. But now, the wiki's up.

http://reltzik.wikispaces.com/Ravine

The content hasn't been filled in yet, much less organized, but I'm sure that I'll have that squared away in a bit (likely a month or two) even if people don't help. (So I'm not counting on it, folks. Do or don't, as you prefer.) But from the moment I started posting the setting on these boards, I was looking for suggestions, criticism, and above all collaborators.

So, anyone who wants to join in on this? This is your invitation.

(Mods, this might not be the right forum for this thread, but its the only one that I know all the readers of the original thread, eg the ones who would be interested in THIS thread, congregate. Let it stand? Please?)

tarlen
2006-01-13, 04:52 AM
Feels like the right forum to me.

I'm still willing to help, but will be away for a week. I have sent you a PM in reply to the one you sent me, but the content of your message has reduced my trust in the PM system (or it could have been a victim of the recent DoS attack incited difficulties on the site). Please let me know if you don't get it.

This world would actually be quite interesting for me to help develop in connection to my own campaign world (which has a wiki, and which I will share eventually), as my world has gates on it that connect to other worlds*, and I'd like to use Ravine as one of those worlds (in house obviously).

So I'm willing to help in any way I can, creative or technical.

* Those that have read Janny Wurts War of Light and Shadows, they're almost the same as her Worldsend Gates. For those that don't know her works, it's a bit like Stargate, but only goes to one world.

Note these gates are not the primary focus of my world, merely an obvious way of changing campaign worlds on the fly without "you walk into a fog and when it disappears you're somewhere completely different".

ILM
2006-01-13, 05:52 PM
Not that you probably care, but I also have a setting called Ravine. I haven't read yours, but I hope it doesn't have any cities hanging next to a bottomless chasmp, plunged in perpetual night... ;)

ghostrunner
2006-01-13, 06:08 PM
Hmm... this is an interesting idea (The Wiki, I mean; I've already read through your setting). Maybe the campaign setting being developed on the board could employ a similar approach...