PDA

View Full Version : Paladin help

Ipphli
2009-07-01, 06:09 AM
So I'm in a new campaign, tenth level paladin using Fax's Paladin variant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33551). The paladin is chaotic good and has wings, and thus can fly. I don't own a lot of the 3.5 books, so I was wondering: what PrC's might one suggest for such a character?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-07-01, 06:43 AM
I'm not familiar with that version, but I do know that the Charging Smite variant in PH2 which replaces your special mount (which it doesn't look like that version gets) makes you a juggernaut of destruction. Since you can fly you can make dive attacks to deal double damage (DMG page 20, RotW page 68, RotD page 10, etc.), a dive attack is considered a charge, so Charging Smite will not only work on a dive attack, but its extra damage will be doubled as well. There's also the spell Rhino's Rush (SC), which would add another doubling effect to your attack so your damage would be multiplied threefold. Definitely consider the feat Extra Smiting (CW) if you go with this.

Doc Roc
2009-07-01, 06:44 AM
Can't use an ACF if you don't have the feature it replaces, I'm afraid, Biff.

AslanCross
2009-07-01, 06:46 AM
Fax's Mantle Paladin is best if you take it straight, IMO. It doesn't multiclass as well as other Paladin variants.

That said, there aren't that many good Paladin PrCs to begin with.
I'd suggest taking Fist of Raziel (BoED), but being CG you don't qualify for it. It requires Servant of the Heavens, which is strictly LG.

Check out Ordained Champion from Complete Champion. It's best as a Cleric PrC, but Paladins can qualify for it. What mantles have you taken?

Ipphli
2009-07-01, 07:11 AM
Yeah I wasn't sure whether to stick to the class all the way or not; first time I've played this variant. And I wasn't seeing any good PrCs, was hoping I'd missed some. Thanks for the advice guys.