PDA

View Full Version : Power Rangers in NWOD? (How do I do it?)

togapika
2009-07-01, 10:22 AM
So I was watching the original Power Rangers movie on Hulu last night for fun, and was wondering if it would be possible to create such things using the NWOD system. I say this system, as this is the game system my group is currently using (A mixed supernatural game and a Changeling game) and therefore it would be easy to lull them into a false sense of security, before "BAM" you're all Power Rangers now!!!

Any Ideas?

Blackjackg
2009-07-01, 10:44 AM
I think BESM is probably a better system for Power Rangers than nWoD, but it sounds like it should be doable.

I might adapt some of the rules from Hunter: the Vigil (normal mortals endowed to fight the supernatural; look at Task Force Valkyrie) rather than trying to duplicate it with Changeling or Mage rules.

Neat idea. Bonus points for cojones.

chiasaur11
2009-07-01, 04:16 PM
I think BESM is probably a better system for Power Rangers than nWoD, but it sounds like it should be doable.

I might adapt some of the rules from Hunter: the Vigil (normal mortals endowed to fight the supernatural; look at Task Force Valkyrie) rather than trying to duplicate it with Changeling or Mage rules.

Neat idea. Bonus points for cojones.

Isn't Task Force Valkyrie more like X-COM, IE ordinary human beings with really good guns?

I figure the other groups with actual superhuman abilities might be better models for this kind of thing.

fetfet
2009-07-01, 07:25 PM
TF:V are people who get good technology, yes. But they're also dedicated to stopping the evil of the world.

On second thought, try "Skin-changers". Very MMPR. Give 'em fetishes, and then they're perfect with the right gifts.

Blackjackg
2009-07-01, 09:59 PM
Isn't Task Force Valkyrie more like X-COM, IE ordinary human beings with really good guns?

That's pretty much what Power Rangers is... or was, back in the 90s. Average teenagers with a few dots of the Martial Arts merit and big f'n robots. Maybe they bend reality or suck blood in the new versions, but back in the day, all they really did was have big robots.

togapika
2009-07-02, 11:23 AM
I've also been looking into the book "Changing Breeds" for ideas. I know the original rangers only had martial arts, and weapons, and laser guns, and giant robots, but since it's set in the NWOD I may use some enemies from their and as such would like the characters to be able to match in terms of power level...