PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 planeshifter prestige class(help)

arcanenub
2009-07-01, 06:21 PM
So I was looking at the updated version of the class and it still doesn't go into detail on how you actually activate the planar swap ability.

Is it a standard action? full round? ten minutes? How many times can you do it? Is it at will?

I was hoping maybe someone on here could answer my question. this is what it says in the 3.0e manual of the planes

"at 9th level, a planeshifter gains the ability to move sections of the landscape from one plane to another. A spherical area of up to 100-foot radius per planeshifter level, centered on the planeshifter, may be so moved. Any unwilling individuals within the sphere can make a will saving throw(DC 20) to negate the swap completely. As with the plane shift spell, fine control of the destination is impossible.
When the fragment is brought onto the new plane, the traits of the new plane apply themselves within 1d4 rounds. A part of the elemental plane of fire brought onto the material plane burns briefly for (1d4 rounds), for example, then dissipates. Because it's a swap, an equal area of the destination appears in the plane of origination. The plane origination applies its planar traits to the new area in 1d4 rounds. The swapped areas switch back in a number of days equal to 10+planeshifter level.

so does the swap stay for 4 rounds? arrive in four rounds or less? It says they swap back in 10+class level days...

please any help explaining this would be much appreciated