PDA

View Full Version : Blazblue(GG Only better)

Innis Cabal
2009-07-01, 07:45 PM
Name says it all. Haven't seen a thread for it, and it should have one.

Who has it, what do you all think?

Myself, I think, as the title of the thread implies, it took all the greatness of Guilty Gear and worked off it, making it alot better. Gonzo Studio's helping probably adds it some cool factor to.

Innis Cabal
2009-07-03, 06:39 PM
Wow, no love for the game. Thats unfortunate.

Innis Cabal
2009-07-15, 03:14 AM
Well this is a real shame. 145 views and nothing. Figured it would be a hit here.

KBF
2009-07-15, 03:35 AM
...You figured a fighting game would be a hit in a roleplaying game forum? I was surprised to see how much support FPSs have here, and that's mostly Valve's stuff. That being said, I'm a fighting game fan. I bought SF4 (PC) and desperately want to pick up BlazBlue, but... You know...

No 360. Or PS3.

Innis Cabal
2009-07-15, 03:54 PM
I mean, this is the gaming(Other) so ya. Figured maybe i'd get some support. SF4 got a good long thread.

Closet_Skeleton
2009-07-15, 05:39 PM
I'd buy it if I had an Xbox 360...

...and some money...

...and a day when friends came round to do something other than pen and paper roleplaying.

Cubey
2009-07-15, 05:50 PM
Seeing as my most powerful gaming console is still a trusty PS2, I have no access to Blazblue. Character designs looked very cool though.

Does it play like Guilty Gear, but with different fighters, or are the battle mechanics entirely different?

Innis Cabal
2009-07-16, 12:32 AM
Does it play like Guilty Gear, but with different fighters, or are the battle mechanics entirely different?

Its alot like Guilty Gear only...the engine really meshs well with the next gen systems. Unlike Guilty Gear you don't have to be as fast, and its not as hard to pull of combos. Which is saying something, as GG was pretty user friendly.

The characters are all wonderfully done and it actually has an RPG worthey Storyline. Not a very long one, maybe...20 hours. But come on, its a fighting game...10 hours of story would be impressive

Cubey
2009-07-16, 08:16 AM
That sounds interesting. And look, it's for PS3 as well! I might be interested when I actually get myself one.

Innis Cabal
2009-07-16, 02:06 PM
I'd say its a must buy if you liked Guilty Gear and have any love for Studio Gonzo. As they helped with all level builds, and all anime cut scenes. Oh...forgot to mention that. They have anime cut scenes.