PDA

View Full Version : Races of the mind: psionic racial sub levels and racial paragons

Samb
2009-07-02, 12:45 AM
So I have been looking for more options as a psionic class and was surprised that the only psionic racial options I could find were shifter wilder and kalashtar telepath. Grey drawves and half-giants were not in races of stone either. I was really really surprised when I didn't see anything for the gith races.

I was hoping to use this thread to put up some of my own ideas, get a PEACH or two, but also to hopefully inspire someone to take another look at the psionic races and see if i missed anything in the splat books.

[more to come, feel free to put your creations here]

ghost_warlock
2009-07-02, 12:48 AM
Look up Untapped Potential by Dreamscarred Press. You can get it as a .pdf from a variety of online stores. It has racial paragon classes and alternate class features for most of the psionic races.

I'm a bit torn over the elan paragon - essentially the same as the human paragon in U.A., but drops the HD down to notches and BAB down to 1/2 to give Darkvision @ 1st and a garbage special ability. I...remain unconvinced that this is a worthwhile trade.

The 3rd level of the elan psion racial substitution is win, though. :smallsmile:

paddyfool
2009-07-02, 01:09 AM
We had a go (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115446) awhile back. The other thread is still too young for necro, imho, so if you'd like to comment on our ideas, that would be nice. We've done all the SRD psionic races other than the Duergar so far.

EDIT: Incidentally, I haven't seen the racial paragon classes in Untapped potential. How do ours compare?

Samb
2009-07-02, 10:58 AM
Ah thanks I'll head there instead of flooding the forums.