PDA

View Full Version : Roy's Shirt

kpenguin
2009-07-02, 02:05 AM
That's the same shirt from when he was on a date with Celia. Do you suppose that's the only shirt Roy carries with him?

FeAnPi
2009-07-02, 02:13 AM
Well, I suppose that it is hard to distinguish a white shirt from a different withe shirt in a stick comic.

I think that the one used during the date was far more fancy than the one used during the armor cleaning. But how can you distinguish cotton from silk?

Dark Faun
2009-07-02, 04:48 AM
I always figured it was a typical Azure City shirt Hinjo gave him, one for the date and then another one after the resurrection.

DBJack
2009-07-02, 04:55 AM
I think they are either the very same shirt, or off the same type. They both have the laces at top, which differs them from just random white shirts.

I noticed O-Chul is wearing something somewhat similar, although without the strings, and it's more robe-y, so it might just be some traditional non-blue azure city garb

Dark Faun
2009-07-02, 04:58 AM
O-Chul wearing a similar shirt is why I think Hinjo provided them.

Kobold-Bard
2009-07-02, 05:12 AM
That's the same shirt from when he was on a date with Celia. Do you suppose that's the only shirt Roy carries with him?

How many D&D characters do you know that carry multiple sets of clothes around with them?

Trickywiggy
2009-07-02, 05:20 AM
How many D&D characters do you know that carry multiple sets of clothes around with them?

Ones that use disguises or ones that attend a lot of dinner parties.

Tingel
2009-07-02, 05:26 AM
What I find surprising about the shirts is that their sleeves are visible. Does this mean that all the warriors (Roy, Durkon, the paladins etc.) in the comic have bare arms while wearing their battle gear?

Ancalagon
2009-07-02, 05:28 AM

I know of a female drow character who carries entire sets of clothing - thanks to Bags of Holding, that's not an issue at all.

Most characters I know also have different sets for different types of weather...

Nimrod's Son
2009-07-02, 05:33 AM
What I find surprising about the shirts is that their sleeves are visible. Does this mean that all the warriors (Roy, Durkon, the paladins etc.) in the comic have bare arms while wearing their battle gear?
Makes Celia's pyjama bottoms (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0529.html) all the weirder... :smalleek:

pjackson
2009-07-02, 07:04 AM

Many of mine do.

petersohn
2009-07-02, 08:26 AM
I don't think so. The sleeves are only drawn if they are significant. Actually, the pants are not drawn either..

NerfTW
2009-07-02, 09:20 AM

Well, for starters, any shirts Roy was carrying probably would have been long gone, back in Azure City. Since we see O'chul wearing the same shirt, it's clearly just a shirt Hinjo pulled out of supplies for them to wear.

It's not to much of a stretch that since Celia bought a new dress for New Years, that Roy also acquired that shirt at a store in Azure city. Since the boat they were on was Lord Shojo's personal junk, then it's likely it had fancy clothes stored on board.

Random832
2009-07-02, 09:34 AM
Since the boat they were on was Lord Shojo's personal junk,

:smallconfused: You call it —

Wait, nevermind :smallcool: