PDA

View Full Version : Bloodclaw weapons and temporary hit points

tiaxrulesall
2009-07-02, 02:07 AM
Can i take the damage from bloodclaw weapons to my temporary hit points?

The text for bloodclaw weapons weapons says that the damage cannot be reduced or prevented in any way, but i was figuring that taking it to temporary hit points wouldn't count towards either, i don't know but my DM didn't know either.

After one encounter it is seeming overpowered as my barbarian gets temporary hit points all the time and i am always doing 2 damage to my THP in order to do an extra 6 damage.

ColdSepp
2009-07-02, 02:31 AM
Can i take the damage from bloodclaw weapons to my temporary hit points?

The text for bloodclaw weapons weapons says that the damage cannot be reduced or prevented in any way, but i was figuring that taking it to temporary hit points wouldn't count towards either, i don't know but my DM didn't know either.

After one encounter it is seeming overpowered as my barbarian gets temporary hit points all the time and i am always doing 2 damage to my THP in order to do an extra 6 damage.

Unless there has been errata since I last played, yes you can. Some DMs don't allow it, feeling it makes the BattleRager Vigor fighter to strong.

tiaxrulesall
2009-07-02, 02:34 AM
hmm, should i bring this up if he has already decided against it, or would that be unfair?

ColdSepp
2009-07-02, 02:41 AM
hmm, should i bring this up if he has already decided against it, or would that be unfair?

Not really something I can answer. :smallwink:

Charity
2009-07-02, 02:41 AM
To be fair if you get hit every round (and thats quite likely as a Barbarian) it makes little difference whether you take real or Temp HP damage.
Bloodclaw weapons do seem over powered especially for the cost, I would consider them a level +3 or 4 weapon myself.