PDA

View Full Version : Monsters you'd rather have as pets [any]

Coidzor
2009-07-02, 02:18 AM
Spawned from, well, the monsters that give you nightmares thread.

My first suggestion is the Duck Bunny. http://images.elfwood.com/art/d/k/dkdcook/duckbun2.jpg

http://www.headinjurytheater.com/images/d&D%20duck%20bunny%20dear%20lord.jpg

Credit goes to Starscream for suggesting the thread.

Saph
2009-07-02, 02:19 AM
I always thought pseudodragons were kind of cute.

- Saph

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-02, 02:22 AM
What monsters wouldnt you want as pets? Jk jk.

I'd say dragons...but there the pet relationship is kinda skewed.

arguskos
2009-07-02, 02:27 AM

- Saph
Seconded!! I'd have a pseudodragon pet in a heartbeat.

I also like the tiny elementals that were in some source somewhere. I figure a tiny water or earth elemental would be fun to keep about the house.

Kaiyanwang
2009-07-02, 02:40 AM
Seconded!! I'd have a pseudodragon pet in a heartbeat.

I also like the tiny elementals that were in some source somewhere. I figure a tiny water or earth elemental would be fun to keep about the house.

I'd prefer mephits. A swarm of different element mephits chatting and running, flying all around.*

*I recognize that after a while you'll cast a Sound/Acid energy admixture fireball to have some quiet.

sofawall
2009-07-02, 02:45 AM
I'd like a Shocker Lizard, myself. Don't ask why, I just like them.

Tempest Fennac
2009-07-02, 02:49 AM
I'd really love a Grimalkin as a pet: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mm2_gallery/88268_620_66.jpg (they are Small-sized talking shape-shifting cats from the 3.5 MM2). Swamplight Lynxs from the same book are really cute as well: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mm2_gallery/88268_620_118.jpg .

arguskos
2009-07-02, 02:55 AM
I'd prefer mephits. A swarm of different element mephits chatting and running, flying all around.*

*I recognize that after a while you'll cast a Sound/Acid energy admixture fireball to have some quiet.
Ooh, mephits. Mephits are fun.

Energons (xag-ya, xeg-yi, and their ilk) would be cool too.

An imp or quasit, if it would obey you, would be awesome. Invisibility at will? Yes please!

The Professor
2009-07-02, 03:26 AM
A succubus.

What? :smallconfused:

Edit: Okay, seriously? Tressym (sp?) from Faerun. A cat with wings? There's no end to the shenanigans there! Note: That vase isn't safe unless it's in a cupboard.

Swordguy
2009-07-02, 03:32 AM

- Saph

Done and...

A succubus.

What? :smallconfused:

done.

Yeah. Seconded on both counts. My third option, if I ever (somehow) tired of the first two (or shattered my pelvis) would be a miniature giant space hamster. Trainable, of course. Maybe to go for my enemy's eyes...

Berserk Monk
2009-07-02, 03:35 AM
A troll. I'd like a troll.

Edea
2009-07-02, 03:38 AM
Rust monsters!

http://www.iwozhere.com/SRD/images/MM35_PG216.jpg

So cute. I'd have at least three; I think I'd name them Rusty, Oxide, and Patina.

ghost_warlock
2009-07-02, 03:39 AM
http://www.headinjurytheater.com/images/d&d%20beasts%20evil%20squirrels.jpg

SilverSheriff
2009-07-02, 03:40 AM
An Awakened Gelatinous Cube that did Positive Energy Damage.:smalltongue:

I'd live in the cube and we'd have Conversations for the rest of eternity.

Kol Korran
2009-07-02, 03:50 AM
a few ideas i'd like:
1) if i have a big enough yard, then a blink dog, or even better- a displacer beast, with the personality of a big arrogant sulken cat. it doesn't attack people, just slightly rake them with it's tentacles. it will have to be a realy big yard of course...

2) wyrmling dragons: i especially like the copper version, hunting scorpions. will be porblematic as they grow up though, but that will take a long time. finally- a pet that doesn't die in it's teens.

3) imp... not necesserily evil. on the likes on the flying housecat, but intelligent. more of a companion/ familiar than a pet.

4) gargoyle: a silent accompanying pet/ companion. i mean gargoyles the way i see them (if interested check my sig and scroll down)

5) hell hound: not as pet, but as guard dog.

6) thirded for pseduo dragons.

7) Iron Defender: because it's awesome?

8) baby hypogriff/ griffon: similar to the dragon appeal, only less inteligent.

9) Mimic or Phasm, the non violent type. just loads of fun (and some time frustration when they play "hide and seek") with them

10) treant pet in the yard.

11) i always thought stirges were cute. but their dietery requirements are a pain.

12) not sure about this one, but perhaps a ravid? an interesting concept at least)

Kol.

Ridureyu
2009-07-02, 03:55 AM
Darkmantle. In one game I played, "Mr. Gurgle" almost received a divine rank.

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-07-02, 03:57 AM
Agree with the succubus as pet;
http://www.aerieofruin.com/11836succubus_big.jpg

Totally.

Fishy
2009-07-02, 04:07 AM
Well, yeah.

I think it's be awesome to have a pet Living Spell of Prestidigitation: a little gooey ball that's helpful around the house.

Yuki Akuma
2009-07-02, 04:30 AM
A squirrel hive mind. It would be awesome.

The Rose Dragon
2009-07-02, 04:56 AM
Ishiika.

It takes the appearance of a scorpion formed from a raging ocean of teeth, surrounded by an endless cloud of clicking disembodied mandibles that in the pattern of their sounds speak the greatest fears of every listener’s heart.

Who doesn't like something as adorable as that?

EDIT: A Beast of Resplendent Liquid which urinates life-extension drugs is a close second.

Avilan the Grey
2009-07-02, 05:10 AM
Third one for succubus.

Other than that... Bob?

Brock Samson
2009-07-02, 05:13 AM
Succubus, fourthed. What a way to go.

The Rose Dragon
2009-07-02, 05:18 AM
Well, there are also Neomah, if hair to stroke is not obligatory.

loopy
2009-07-02, 06:44 AM
I'd really love a Grimalkin as a pet: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mm2_gallery/88268_620_66.jpg (they are Small-sized talking shape-shifting cats from the 3.5 MM2). Swamplight Lynxs from the same book are really cute as well: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mm2_gallery/88268_620_118.jpg .

I was about to mention them myself. They kind of remind me of the Daemons from that Golden Compass movie. Well, the kids one who could shapeshift anyway.

Serpentine
2009-07-02, 06:48 AM
I was gonna say pseudodragon, but everyone else said it and now it's trite... So I'll go with fairy dragon, instead :smallwink:
I'll think about others...

Riffington
2009-07-02, 06:50 AM
5 succubi and not a single pixie or erinyes?

/also, you guys can't count.

Eldariel
2009-07-02, 07:03 AM
I'd like a Pixie-pet if they didn't always make me think of Tinkerbell (who I find a tad annoying at times; not the pranks but the jealousy). As it stands, I'm joining the Pseudodragon-crowd.

Fixer
2009-07-02, 07:23 AM
I think it's be awesome to have a pet Living Spell of Prestidigitation: a little gooey ball that's helpful around the house.Ok, this gets my vote. I was going with the rust monster and succubus, but your idea wins my dollar.

Blackfang108
2009-07-02, 08:32 AM
Succubus, fourthed. What a way to go.
Fifthed.

"How'd he die?"
"Crushed Pelvis."
"He always wanted to die that way."

:smallbiggrin:

Or a Dire Wolf.

KillianHawkeye
2009-07-02, 08:34 AM
Bear Hound
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mmiii_gallery/82968.jpg
It's part bear... and part hound!!!

Moon Rats
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mm2_gallery/88268_620_85.jpg
Rats that get smarter during the full moon!

AslanCross
2009-07-02, 09:04 AM
Edit: Okay, seriously? Tressym (sp?) from Faerun. A cat with wings? There's no end to the shenanigans there! Note: That vase isn't safe unless it's in a cupboard.

Same here. The Tressym is one of the cutest creatures in D&D.

There's also the Eyeball beholder.

DamnedIrishman
2009-07-02, 09:07 AM
To everyone who said "succubus":

The topic states 'pet' not 'concubine/slave'. Unless the succubus was really, very heavily into being dominated, of course...

Kobold-Bard
2009-07-02, 09:10 AM
I know feeding it would be hell, but I'd quite like a pet Roc. Build a house on it's back and I'm good to go.

Otherwise I'd take a small Elemental.

Recaiden
2009-07-02, 09:15 AM
Tressym, Rust Monster, Eyeball, Bat, Lizard, Giant Wasp.

Partysan
2009-07-02, 09:22 AM
Succubi are nice, but I like my pets/women rather submissive. A Nymph perhaps, oder one of their breeds? Maybe she'd have to be trained, but that can be fun, too...
Also, that living spell Prestidigation is a great idea and probably even looks cute^^

Telonius
2009-07-02, 09:24 AM
Blink dog! Though I'm not sure if it would count as a pet, since it has intelligence greater than 3.

evisiron
2009-07-02, 09:37 AM
An owlbear cubling would be kind of cute. But then they get bigger, and you have to flush them down the toilet...
(This is how I explain pretty much all of my sewer random encounters).

Anything that could carry me on its back while flying would be pretty cool too!

Callos_DeTerran
2009-07-02, 09:52 AM
Father Lymic

...What? Don't judge me just because my bug wants to bring the end of the world through darkness and ice. Some of yours are public menaces too. :P I'm looking at you owlbear and succubus people.

KillianHawkeye
2009-07-02, 09:56 AM
Anyways, a Nymph would be way better than a Succubus. Think, people!

Starscream
2009-07-02, 10:45 AM
I think I'll try for some less obvious ones.

An ethereal filcher:
Too bizarre looking to be ugly. And it could swipe stuff for me.

A gnoll:
Look at the picture in the MM and tell me it doesn't make you go "Awwww".

A mimic:
It could take any form. I'd have it turn into a chest with legs, stick a bag of holding inside, and voila: the luggage from Discworld!

A mind flayer:
Admittedly, feeding it will be difficult.

A nightmare:
Tell me you don't think it'd be badass to ride one of those. With flame retardant underwear, of course.

A rust monster:
Already been mentioned. Still awesometastic.

A tarrasque:
...What?

A gravecrawler (MM2):
Don't know why, I just think it's cute.

Croverus
2009-07-02, 11:01 AM
Krenshar, ftw!

AzazelSephiroth
2009-07-02, 11:08 AM
1-Wyvern! Definately... not as smart as the Dragons but will get big enough to carry me and can still be trained. I always consider Dragons more of a cohort/friend.
2-Or I might Second that Roc Idea, but I have never been good with birds.

Finally- I would say Dire anything... Tiger, Wolf, Bear... try robbing my home now- lol:smallbiggrin:

Croverus
2009-07-02, 11:12 AM
Finally- I would say Dire anything... Tiger, Wolf, Bear... try robbing my home now- lol:smallbiggrin:

I'd just bring a friend along... to, you know, distract the guard dire-whatever. Dire or not, it will still have an Int of 1 or 2

talus21
2009-07-02, 11:26 AM
I'd just bring a friend along... to, you know, distract the guard dire-whatever. Dire or not, it will still have an Int of 1 or 2

You should talk about your friends that way. I'm sure if they can talk they have at least an Int 4-5. :smalltongue:

Frosty
2009-07-02, 11:30 AM
I second the Blink Dog. If we're not limited to DnD, then for some reason I'd really really love to have a Haro.

http://www.geocities.com/Those_Who_Are_Silly/Pictures_Other/GF13-017NJII-HARO_God_Haro_01.gif
http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/crosstoy_2028_9019041

Alavar
2009-07-02, 11:46 AM
Forget all these Blink Dogs, I'd want a Moon Dog, and I'd rather have the erinyes than the succubus, and a Leskylor, because nothing says cool like a 10-foot cat with a 30-foot wingspan.

Overlord Nicy
2009-07-02, 11:50 AM
I want an Owlbear.
Dude, it's an Owlbear.
Seriously.

Hat-Trick
2009-07-02, 11:59 AM
Since we're now pulling away from Dnd, I'd suggest Por Vora (http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/3412/epi08yf0.jpg).

Cute little buggers... That EXPLODE! It wouldn't be too bad, but they die.:smallfrown:

Kurald Galain
2009-07-02, 12:05 PM
How about a snarky and intelligent demon cockroach?

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-07-02, 12:06 PM
I've always wanted a Blink Dog, or a displacer beast, yeah.

Tengu_temp
2009-07-02, 12:09 PM
I second the Blink Dog. If we're not limited to DnD, then for some reason I'd really really love to have a Haro.

I see your Haro and respond with Jack Frost.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Azl7apFnztM/SWSOXKpbMcI/AAAAAAAAAEg/bDM6PRpeXRs/s400/Jack+Frost.png

Also, moonkin from WoW.
http://madmoonkin.com/uploads/pics/moonkin_in_water.jpg

And giant moth, also from WoW.
http://warcraftpets.com/wow.pets/images/pets/blue_moth.jpg

The Gilded Duke
2009-07-02, 12:13 PM
Changeling.

Why have the same pet every day?

Kyouhen
2009-07-02, 12:17 PM
Rust monster, Owlbear, Blink Dog and Dire Chinchilla all have my vote.

Blackfang108
2009-07-02, 12:30 PM
Anyways, a Nymph would be way better than a Succubus. Think, people!

I like being able to see.

The Glyphstone
2009-07-02, 12:34 PM
Either a Beholderkin Eyeball or a Tiny Air Elemental. Fire would burn things, Earth would probably punch holes in my floor, and Water would just be a mess. Air would be fine since it can't Whirlwind.

woodenbandman
2009-07-02, 12:39 PM
Well, yeah.

I think it's be awesome to have a pet Living Spell of Prestidigitation: a little gooey ball that's helpful around the house.

WINNNNNN!

Another thing that I'd want is a Roc. That would be the greatest pet ever. You could build your frickin' house ON ITS BACK.

hamishspence
2009-07-02, 12:41 PM
Chaos roc (MM2), maybe, Rocs aren't that big.

Chaos roc is 90 ft from beak to tail with 240 ft wingspan.

quick_comment
2009-07-02, 12:44 PM
A living wish spell :)

Kyouhen
2009-07-02, 12:47 PM
A living wish spell :)

Isn't that called a Djinni? :smalltongue:

DarknessLord
2009-07-02, 12:53 PM
I like being able to see.

Funny, I like not being level-drained to death. Plus Nymphs have the explicit ability to suppress the blind effect, a Succubus does not.
Not to mention the whole "Consorting" with fiends, if you know what I mean (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IfYouKnowWhatIMean).

Still I would go with a Pixie. I'd call her Navi, and she would probably be annoyed by that, but we'd scheme up some great uses for her greater invisibility.
Plus having a good-aligned, intelligent talking, pet would probably do me some good.
Although really, it seems like she'd probably be more like a roommate then a pet, but whatever.

Frosty
2009-07-02, 12:56 PM
You knowm there's actually nothing to indicate that Nymphs would be good in the sack. What would they know about humanoid mating habits? They're Fey for god's sake.

Kurald Galain
2009-07-02, 01:05 PM
You knowm there's actually nothing to indicate that Nymphs would be good in the sack. What would they know about humanoid mating habits? They're Fey for god's sake.

Oh I don't know, they've got high dexterity and a good sense motive check. And use rope, if you're into that sort of thing :smallwink: . Chasing after nymphs was all the rage in Ancient Greece.

Draxonicar
2009-07-02, 01:22 PM
Easily a Bog Imp,nothing says FUN like drowning people at will

bibliophile
2009-07-02, 01:30 PM
And now for something completely different...

A treant.

Toliudar
2009-07-02, 01:36 PM
I've invested in the summon elemental reserve feat just to be able to keep a rotating cast of four cute lil elementals around. Air to clean up. Earth to tote things. Water for when you really need to be able to swim. And the fire elemental is just plain cute.

Moriato
2009-07-02, 03:32 PM
http://www.headinjurytheater.com/images/d&d%20beasts%20giant%20space%20hamster.jpg

Done

Malacode
2009-07-02, 03:45 PM
Go for the eyes!

Night Monkey
2009-07-02, 04:26 PM
A pseudonatural lemur.

"Aww, it's so fuzzy! And it's got a little face and little hands and... little tentacles... Niiiiice lemur..."

erikun
2009-07-02, 05:52 PM
A Griffit (http://www.artbysvc.com/cw020.html) would be rather cute, especially considering the full sized version isn't very portable.

A Will-o-Wisp or Lanturn Archon would be interesting. I'm not sure why, but I find an aggressive ball of light to be quite an amusing familiar.

Tiny elementals sound interesting, too, especially for my more elementally-themed casters. Then again, I find Mephits annoying. :smallannoyed:

I'm surprised I'm one of the few who mention an ooze. Well, perhaps maybe not. Just think: easy to feed, easy to care for, cleans up around the house! Plus, great fun throwing it into the faces of enemies. Try casting like that! :smallamused:

And finally, while not a pet, a cohort Medusa would be interesting... assuming you can achieve petrification immunity. You guys can keep your level drains to yourself, thank you.

Mystic Muse
2009-07-02, 05:57 PM
as cohorts. kyuss, Tiamat and a great wyrm gold dragon. (yes I realize how contradictory that is.)

as a pet. lots of undead and aberrations. I need a few more to add to my collection. I already have cthulhu.:smallamused:

d13
2009-07-02, 06:23 PM
After reading the thread with my girlfriend, we are both going to play in the succubus team.

I feel the luckiest man in the world :smallcool::smallwink: xD

PanNarrans
2009-07-02, 06:33 PM
Pseudodragons and rust monsters are easily the cutest things in the monster manual.
A treant would be great to laze about on, assuming it didn't mind.
An ethereal filcher would be awesome to play hide and seek or scavenger hunts with.
A dragon turtle for days at the seaside.
Grey renders are explicitly stated to MAKE themselves pets/guardians/companions to creatures they take a liking to. And they're awesome.
And finally, because no one's brought it up yet: the Tarrasque.

Mystic Muse
2009-07-02, 06:35 PM
Iw as just about to bring up the tarrasque. it'd be a pet and not a cohort just because it's not intelligent enough to be a cohort.

chiasaur11
2009-07-02, 06:54 PM
A bulette.

Landsharks are awesome.

And it's not quite as hard to deal with as a Tarrasque.

A fleshraker'd be nifty too. Who doesn't like dinosaurs?

Forrestfire
2009-07-02, 07:15 PM
I'd like to second (third? fourth?) the living prestidigitation (how do you pronounce that, anyway? :smallwink:).

I also want a tiny air elemental, and I'd say grimlakin if not for my cat allergy :smallannoyed:.

EDIT: fixed the "prestidigitation."

grae
2009-07-02, 07:26 PM
Rust monster, Owlbear, Blink Dog and Dire Chinchilla all have my vote.

Bwahaha. My players have horror stories of dire chinchillas... I didn't realize others used them as well!

How about a gnome? They're in the monster manual... >.>

Recaiden
2009-07-02, 07:33 PM
I'd like to add a Nyth to my list.

Emy
2009-07-02, 07:43 PM
No love for the Beguiler? Permanent true sight, can speak, can wield a weapon? Is basically Pikachu with less lightning?

Though since beguiler, dragons, or similar all have human level or higher intelligence they might make poor pets. For something less intelligent, a Dire Wolf with a billion templates.

KillianHawkeye
2009-07-02, 08:40 PM
I'd like to second (third? fourth?) the living prestigitigation (how do you pronounce that, anyway? :smallwink:).

By spelling it correctly. :smallwink:

Stormthorn
2009-07-02, 08:48 PM
Then again, I find Mephits annoying.

Why? When our druid found out he had a female salt mephit following him around he was overjoyed. Something along the lines of "So i have a small winged naked chick with red eyes and skin following me around? :smallsmile:"

A succubus.

Well thats a great way to get killed by level drain.

Why not a Erinyes? Better in combat, Beautiful, has wings. And, very importantly, an animate rope she always carries around. :smallredface:

mistformsquirrl
2009-07-02, 08:54 PM
A squirrel hive mind. It would be awesome.

<^_^> It really is. The only trouble is you can't tune them out <;_;> and they really get obnoxious on weekends >.>

----------

For me...

Pseudodragon is way up there - always thought they were fantastic little critters.

I also find the idea of any of the normal animals we'd keep as pets, but Awakened, would be awesome >.> (My cat could finally tell me what's bothering him, and I could finally convince him that his being on my desk wasn't a good idea for either of us >_<)

Lots of good choices though >.>

*edit*

I completely forgot one of my favorite critters ever! >.>

Winslow (http://www.airshipentertainment.com/buckcomic.php?date=20090623)

<^.^> Sentient, Indestructible, Fuzzy, and an Alligator. All in one <o_@>

I suspect he's even machine washable <@-@>m

Fostire
2009-07-02, 09:57 PM
Most of the ones already mentioned are awesome choices for pets (except the succubus, I prefer pets that don't try to kill me) but my favourite is either a Lantern Archon or a pixie (of course in those cases it would be a companion/cohort rather than a pet).

But outside from DnD my favourite ever would be a djinni from Golden Sun

one of these guys:
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q224/LordRod/Djinn.png

Aren't they cute?

Night Monkey
2009-07-02, 10:05 PM
and I could finally convince him that his being on my desk wasn't a good idea for either of us >_<)

Your optimism is staggering.

kopout
2009-07-02, 10:13 PM
Ok so how has the duckbunny not gotten a second?
I mean look at it!
http://images.elfwood.com/art/d/k/dkdcook/duckbun2.jpg
d'awww

also owlbear and living prestigitigation

Bigbrother87
2009-07-02, 10:17 PM
But outside from DnD my favourite ever would be a djinni from Golden Sun

One of these guys:
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q224/LordRod/Djinn.png

Aren't they cute?

I always loved those, especially the art in Nintendo Power that had them blending into the character's body for easy storage.

On Topic, Pseudodragons. Yeah, they've been mentioned before(4-5 times by my count), but that doesn't make me want one any less.

I've never heard of one before, but I now want/need a Pseudonatural Lemur.

One that hasn't been mentioned yet, I think, a Winged Serpent (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winged_serpent). Cute, flying, fruit eating, electricity-breathing snake like dragon creature. What's not to love?

d13
2009-07-02, 10:27 PM
What about a Couatl?

Cute badassery (?)

quick_comment
2009-07-02, 10:34 PM
Well thats a great way to get killed by level drain.

I bet in Sigil you can buy condoms that cast deathward.

Vortling
2009-07-02, 10:40 PM
Definately pseudodragon. Also, I'd like a clockwork mender swarm, but just because it reminds me of this (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092494/).

TheThan
2009-07-02, 11:02 PM
A crocodile, with a spiked collar. I think I’ll name him Snappy. We’ll go on walks in the park and eat small dogs.

chiasaur11
2009-07-02, 11:13 PM
Ok so how has the duckbunny not gotten a second?
I mean look at it!
http://images.elfwood.com/art/d/k/dkdcook/duckbun2.jpg
d'awww

It's so flippin cute everyone just assumes it as a given, presumably.

Coidzor
2009-07-02, 11:31 PM

Or, even, y'know.... Rings...:smallwink:

Stormthorn
2009-07-02, 11:32 PM

Hmmm. And Dental Dams?

Xefas
2009-07-02, 11:41 PM
Throne Archon. 'Cause I like my women like I like my coffee. 10 feet tall, hundreds of times better than me in every way, and capable of obliterating all life on Earth trivially should it not meet her impossibly high standards.

Also, we'd finally get an answer on that whole 'religion' thing.

EDIT: Picture
http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad91/bluejanus/75098.jpg

quick_comment
2009-07-02, 11:52 PM
Hmmm. And Dental Dams?

Sure, why not.

All condoms in Sigil probably cast remove disease. Then, you have special condoms for special situations. Death Ward, protection from fire, protection from cold, mind blank, lesser weapon enhancement: ghost touch.

herrhauptmann
2009-07-03, 12:27 AM
I second the Beguiler.
The image of the little furball sitting on a podium in Shining South was just too cute.

AgentPaper
2009-07-03, 12:29 AM
Sure, why not.

All condoms in Sigil probably cast remove disease. Then, you have special condoms for special situations. Death Ward, protection from fire, protection from cold, mind blank, lesser weapon enhancement: ghost touch.

Don't forget Brilliant Energy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#brilliantEnergy)! Surprise Buttsex!

chiasaur11
2009-07-03, 12:31 AM
Throne Archon. 'Cause I like my women like I like my coffee. 10 feet tall, hundreds of times better than me in every way, and capable of obliterating all life on Earth trivially should it not meet her impossibly high standards.

You have weird tastes in coffee.

Coidzor
2009-07-03, 12:35 AM

Also, we'd finally get an answer on that whole 'religion' thing.

Though I must say, the metal thong I did not expect...

Milskidasith
2009-07-03, 12:36 AM
A tarrasque. What couldn't you do with an unkillable megabeast?

In all seriousness, I'd probably like a bonsai treant.

quick_comment
2009-07-03, 12:39 AM
Don't forget Brilliant Energy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#brilliantEnergy)! Surprise Buttsex!

For the girl who wont take off her armor?

Coidzor
2009-07-03, 12:44 AM

Indeed... I think that might be getting a bit FATAL....:smalltongue:

Milskidasith
2009-07-03, 12:45 AM

:P

Ok, now I'm imagining flaming burst condoms. Or vorpal condoms. :smalleek:

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-03, 12:56 AM
Psuedodragons.

Dragons.

A Nymph.

A living prestidigitation spell FTW!

MisterSaturnine
2009-07-03, 12:59 AM

Safe sex just got a lot more complicated.

herrhauptmann
2009-07-03, 01:24 AM

There was a 3.0 third party supplement of armor and weapon enhancements a friend of mine owned. It included 2 other enhancements which were insta-kills like vorpal, but were for bludgeoning and piercing damage.

Guess what the piercing was called.

Stormthorn
2009-07-03, 01:24 AM
A Spectator since its a cute mini-beholder but without the evil and insanity.

Note: Reading about those condoms while listening to Pink and Peaches collaberation Oh My God has given me an idea.

Recraft a condom out of Adamantium and make it Dancing. You see where im going? Then make it Viscous and Merciful. See, now Pink can use it on the girl she's...ah...collaberating with and benefit from it too up until she passes out.

This is why DnD and modern music dont mix.

EDIT: i also just got a great idea for a requirment for a cursed item that could be used in a more adult game of DnD.

TSED
2009-07-03, 01:32 AM
What were those magical parrots that could cast colour spray? MM2 I think, those are awesome.

Reechlard
2009-07-03, 03:40 AM
c'mon guys I cant believe nobody's suggested the battletiton dinosaur yet. I've had dreams of riding a heavily armoured tyrannosaurus Rex through the streets since i was 6.

Fostire
2009-07-03, 12:10 PM
What were those magical parrots that could cast colour spray? MM2 I think, those are awesome.
I just looked it up, it's called a Corollax and it just became my favourite dnd monster.

Draxonicar
2009-07-03, 12:56 PM
How does noone think bog imps are adorable too??

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/hoh_gallery/91991.jpg

The big grin, little eyes and dumbo ears, little moss covered body..

AWwwwww

TSED
2009-07-03, 01:06 PM
I just looked it up, it's called a Corollax and it just became my favourite dnd monster.

I have one thing to say to you.

It starts with an 'H' and rhymes with 'igh-five."

KazilDarkeye
2009-07-03, 01:12 PM
I wouldn't mind having:

a) Spider Eater
b) Hellwasp Swarm
c) Brain in a Jar
d) Boneyard
e) Fleshraker, or maybe Battletitan, Bloodstriker or Swindlespitter
f) Gelugon (obviously more as a second-in-command)
g) Vivisector
h) Rylkar
i) Dwarf (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0142.html)

Probably more to come

Starscream
2009-07-03, 01:25 PM

Looks like Starfire.

And is it just me, or are there a lot of Playgrounders who seem to think that "pet" means the same thing as "girlfriend"?

No offense guys, but I am very glad that I'm not your girlfriend.

Come to think of it, I'm glad I'm not your dog either.

Avilan the Grey
2009-07-03, 01:25 PM

The topic states 'pet' not 'concubine/slave'. Unless the succubus was really, very heavily into being dominated, of course...

It also states "monster". Succubi are monsters. :smalltongue:

...As for Nymphs. Wings, fangs, tails and horns are sexy. Therefore, no nymphs.

TSED
2009-07-03, 01:27 PM
I would not want a 'pet' that is sapient.

Ugh, just the THOUGHT of 'owning' some one makes me feel queasy.

Avilan the Grey
2009-07-03, 01:31 PM
Though I must say, the metal thong I did not expect...

...Hey we need to be able to pick what illustrator is responsible for the monster in question. The right illustrator even makes female orcs hot. The wrong one can't even draw Power Girl looking remotely female.

chiasaur11
2009-07-03, 01:32 PM
I would not want a 'pet' that is sapient.

Ugh, just the THOUGHT of 'owning' some one makes me feel queasy.

Echoed.

Except maybe a robot army. And even then, I'd be paying monthly salaries.

Avilan the Grey
2009-07-03, 01:35 PM
Looks like Starfire.

And is it just me, or are there a lot of Playgrounders who seem to think that "pet" means the same thing as "girlfriend"?

Oh come on... the way things are normally going the story will end with mutal respect and marriage. And kids. Interesting ones.
:smallbiggrin:

Exarch
2009-07-03, 01:50 PM
A nymph would be nice. If not that, how about a unicorn? Chicks dig unicorns. While not normally such a fan of dogs, I have to say the bearhound would be too awesome to pass up. A griffon would be awesome too, not as smart as a dragon (and thus less likely to stab you in the back), but smart enough and strong and handsome.

And if I'm feeling very adventurous, a baby hydra so I can raise it right.

Coidzor
2009-07-03, 02:01 PM
Looks like Starfire.

It really shouldn't be that surprising. I mean, most adventurers begin their careers decked out in tight leather clothing and with ample supplies of rope...

Stormthorn
2009-07-03, 03:20 PM
Looks like Starfire.

Only girlfriend if its on equal terms more or less. I was thinking something (someone) to be owned when we got the option to pick from the list of monsters.

I also suggested actual pets tho.

Night Monkey
2009-07-03, 03:30 PM
I've never heard of one before, but I now want/need a Pseudonatural Lemur.

You mean you didn't see the monster entry in the 3.0 sourcebook "Paranormal Primates"? It's right up there with the Fiendish Macaque and Vampiric Bonobo.

Pseudonatural Lemur
Size/Type: Tiny Outsider (Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: ¼ d8 (2 hp)
Initiative: +7
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), climb 30 ft., swim 30 ft.
Armor Class: 54 (+2 size, +7 Dex, +35 Natural), touch 14, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-12
Attack: Tentacle rake +24 melee (2d8+7)
Full Attack: 2 tentacle rakes +24 melee (2d8+7)
Space/Reach: 2½ ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Constant insight, improved grab, rotting constriction, cute and fuzzy.
Special Qualities: DR 5/epic, SR 5, acid and electricity resistance 15, alternate form, spell-like abilities, low-light vision, scent.
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +6
Abilities: Str 24, Dex 25, Con 20, Int 3, Wis 22, Cha 5
Skills: Balance +15, Climb +17, Hide +21, Move Silently +15, Swim +15
Feats: Stealthy, Weapon Finesse
Environment: Madagascar, the Far Realm
Organization: Solitary, pair, group (1-3 pseudonatural lemurs, 3-15 lemurs) or captive study group (3-8 pseudonatural lemurs, 2-7 alien anthropologists)
Challenge Rating: 16
Advancement: —

Frankly the only bad thing about the book it that it was the worst example of pre 3.5ed power creep around. The half-gorilla template was just ridiculously OP.

Justin B.
2009-07-03, 03:35 PM
Giant Eagle.

I live in the Midwest, so I'd just have him snag whole cows from peoples farms every couple of days.

We'd fly places all the time, he's smart enough to learn chess and checkers, but not smart enough to ever win. And you could totally pick up ladies with that dude on your side.

Best friend ever.

Coidzor
2009-07-03, 03:55 PM
Giant Eagle.

I live in the Midwest, so I'd just have him snag whole cows from peoples farms every couple of days.

We'd fly places all the time, he's smart enough to learn chess and checkers, but not smart enough to ever win. And you could totally pick up ladies with that dude on your side.

Best friend ever.

I'm suddenly reminded of a movie starring small rodents that rescued small children from dangerous situations...

Badgercloak
2009-07-03, 04:06 PM
Giant flying space hamster, the only way to fly! :smallbiggrin:

Stormthorn
2009-07-03, 04:10 PM
You mean you didn't see the monster entry in the 3.0 sourcebook "Paranormal Primates"? It's right up there with the Fiendish Macaque and Vampiric Bonobo.

Pseudonatural Lemur
Size/Type: Tiny Outsider (Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: ¼ d8 (2 hp)
Initiative: +7
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), climb 30 ft., swim 30 ft.
Armor Class: 54 (+2 size, +7 Dex, +35 Natural), touch 14, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-12
Attack: Tentacle rake +24 melee (2d8+7)
Full Attack: 2 tentacle rakes +24 melee (2d8+7)
Space/Reach: 2½ ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Constant insight, improved grab, rotting constriction, cute and fuzzy.
Special Qualities: DR 5/epic, SR 5, acid and electricity resistance 15, alternate form, spell-like abilities, low-light vision, scent.
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +6
Abilities: Str 24, Dex 25, Con 20, Int 3, Wis 22, Cha 5
Skills: Balance +15, Climb +17, Hide +21, Move Silently +15, Swim +15
Feats: Stealthy, Weapon Finesse
Environment: Madagascar, the Far Realm
Organization: Solitary, pair, group (1-3 pseudonatural lemurs, 3-15 lemurs) or captive study group (3-8 pseudonatural lemurs, 2-7 alien anthropologists)
Challenge Rating: 16
Advancement: —

Frankly the only bad thing about the book it that it was the worst example of pre 3.5ed power creep around. The half-gorilla template was just ridiculously OP.

I thought when they said Psuedonatural they ment the one from the LoM book.

AslanCross
2009-07-03, 05:56 PM
http://www.headinjurytheater.com/images/d&d%20beasts%20giant%20space%20hamster.jpg

Done

What about a miniature giant space hamster?

chiasaur11
2009-07-03, 06:48 PM

That's more of a deity of choice than a pet, really.

Obscurejones
2009-07-03, 06:59 PM
Living Solipsism. I'd sick it on my philosophy professors.

Night Monkey
2009-07-03, 07:38 PM
I thought when they said Psuedonatural they ment the one from the LoM book.

Don't be silly. LoM was 3.5 if I remember correctly. PP was 3.0, like ELH, so would use the ELH template.

Surely the Living Solipsism would refuse to admit the existence of said professors?

Ravens_cry
2009-07-03, 07:40 PM
Living Solipsism. I'd sick it on my philosophy professors.
But if it died, wouldn't that be rather Game Over?
My DM has a Colossal Red Dragon figure, we like to say it is also a life sized pseudodragon. And yes, in spiky, scaly, kind of way, it is cute.

9mm
2009-07-03, 08:02 PM
It really shouldn't be that surprising. I mean, most adventurers begin their careers decked out in tight leather clothing and with ample supplies of rope...

... and now I have to wipe root beer off my monitor and keyboard, thanks.

Shademan
2009-07-03, 08:13 PM
anything with boobs and a good CHA score

TSED
2009-07-03, 08:56 PM
anything with boobs and a good CHA score

Worst person ever.

Here's your reward:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/eb0904ds_medusa.jpg

Starscream
2009-07-03, 11:33 PM
Worst person ever.

Here's your reward:

I'll raise you a...

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/dd_gallery/dd1/Lolth_p82.jpg

Frosty
2009-07-04, 12:17 AM
Driders have a good CHA score?

Hat-Trick
2009-07-04, 12:20 AM
No, but Lolth might.

Coidzor
2009-07-04, 02:03 AM
And damn, she got booty :smalltongue: http://www.headinjurytheater.com/images/d&d%20beasts%20spider%20queens%20got%20major%20booty .jpg

... and now I have to wipe root beer off my monitor and keyboard, thanks.

You're more than welcome, I'm rather proud of that one... Hope it's not left sticky on the morrow.

Ravens_cry
2009-07-04, 02:33 AM
Worst person ever.

Here's your reward:

I thought the one in D20 Modern in the pantsuit and sunglasses was rather on the hot side of the law. For a scaly, snake haired, petrifier, that is.
http://www.wizards.com/d20modern/images/d20m_gallery/610_088190_93.jpg

While intelligent, Kobalds are so. . . cuuute! *sqee*
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG161b.jpg

Coidzor
2009-07-04, 03:32 AM
I would have to agree that after Meepo and Deekin, kobolds are just so much fun...

Shademan
2009-07-04, 04:16 AM
Mmmh, that medusa look angry... all she need is a little lovin'. :smallwink:

and loth can turn herself into a drow so... yeah. mmmh mmh.

Ravens_cry
2009-07-04, 04:22 AM
Mmmh, that medusa look angry... all she need is a little lovin'. :smallwink:

and loth can turn herself into a drow so... yeah. mmmh mmh.
But the spider form may not be something you want to wake up beside. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqUfPhMxmAg&feature=related)
Driders can be quite lovely though. (http://www.elfwood.com/~masainz/Drider.3014604.html)

Wulfram
2009-07-04, 04:27 AM
The Achaeirai looks very cute, though it's actually intelligent and evil
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG9.jpg

Bulettes look friendly
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG30.jpg

The Yeth Hound's only problem is that you have to stay up late to walk them
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG261.jpg

Giant Owl
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG205.jpg

Grey Renders are cuddly, and want to look after you. Or possibly eat you.
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG138.jpg

Coidzor
2009-07-04, 04:29 AM
^: Aren't grey renders one of the few Defeat means friendship critters? At least sometimes anyway...

But the spider form may not be something you want to wake up beside. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqUfPhMxmAg&feature=related)

You wouldn't wake up. There's a reason she's a divorcee, y'know. :smallyuk:

BraveSirKevin
2009-07-04, 04:31 AM
A Rat Ogre (from Warhammer) :smallcool: I'd train him to be my debt collector...

Shademan
2009-07-04, 04:32 AM
Oh yeah! A grey render would be awesome! someones mewssin with ya and you let them have a word with the little doggie, err....renderie...

(only problem with driders is...well... 1. you'd never get past oral. and 2. she'd prolly eat ya' afterwards)
tough love. HAHA

HappyHammer
2009-07-04, 04:56 AM
Aurumvorax, sure feeding him would be a pain, we're talking fantasy here

Shademan
2009-07-04, 05:00 AM
a beholder! I want a beholder pet!
Imma gonna name him... Oggle!

Tetsubo 57
2009-07-04, 06:15 AM
My classic choice would be an owlbear.

But a living unseen servant spell would be a far more useful choice. Never have to clean my apartment again.

Vorpal Soda
2009-07-04, 07:52 AM
I'd definitely go for a flumph, especially if I can ride it.

TSED
2009-07-04, 10:10 AM
(only problem with driders is...well... 1. you'd never get past oral. and 2. she'd prolly eat ya' afterwards)
tough love. HAHA

Am I the only person who thinks that driders, or more specifically drow, or more specifically elves in general are not attractive whatsoever?

woodenbandman
2009-07-04, 10:24 AM
Doesn't help that the artists seem to think that Orlando Bloom is an acceptable model for the female elf form.

Coidzor
2009-07-04, 10:46 AM
Am I the only person who thinks that driders, or more specifically drow, or more specifically elves in general are not attractive whatsoever?

No. I've gone on record as saying I don't understand why they draw such severe/unattractive/weird-looking elveses when they're supposed to be so purty. Specifically Mialee. Who has on-again, off-again breasts of all things. (which is kinda amusing but also kinda weird) Though I think you kinda went the wrong way in terms of specificallies... Since you went from Drider -> Drow -> All Elveseses. :smalltongue:

Also, I never understood why people like driders. They're friggin' insane cursed drow which are basically little more than animals half the time. @_@

TSED
2009-07-04, 10:51 AM
No. I've gone on record as saying I don't understand why they draw such severe/unattractive/weird-looking elveses when they're supposed to be so purty. Specifically Mialee. Who has on-again, off-again breasts of all things. (which is kinda amusing but also kinda weird) Though I think you kinda went the wrong way in terms of specificallies... Since you went from Drider -> Drow -> All Elveseses. :smalltongue:

Also, I never understood why people like driders. They're friggin' insane cursed drow which are basically little more than animals half the time. @_@

Peh, I hate elves in general so I was leading to the point where I admit I'm racist against a non-existent people.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-04, 10:55 AM
An awakened penguin with the water subtype!
And a bronze dragon.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-04, 10:56 AM

I don't find them really attractive, though half-elves look somewhat cute.

Sinfire Titan
2009-07-04, 11:14 AM
I don't find them really attractive, though half-elves look somewhat cute.

Most of the Half-Elf artwork is the only redeeming quality that justifies the existence of Elves in fantasy.

On topic: Kavus. Flametongue, Thunderscape, you name it. I like the idea of having a pet that can rip a bus in half.

A Buneary, because real rabbits aren't awesome enough. Hell, start sifting through the Pokemon and you'll find about 350 you want to keep. The remaining 50 are for world domination.

Then there's Ryo-Ohki. (http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:fHcwzYCWasCn7M:http://riktopher.com/topherizm/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/ryo_ohki.jpg)

Coidzor
2009-07-04, 11:21 AM
Most of the Half-Elf artwork is the only redeeming quality that justifies the existence of Elves in fantasy.

On topic: Kavus. Flametongue, Thunderscape, you name it. I like the idea of having a pet that can rip a bus in half.

A Buneary, because real rabbits aren't awesome enough. Hell, start sifting through the Pokemon and you'll find about 350 you want to keep. The remaining 50 are for world domination.

Then there's Ryo-Ohki. (http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:fHcwzYCWasCn7M:http://riktopher.com/topherizm/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/ryo_ohki.jpg)

Heh, too true. I'd love a psyduck for a pet myself. Just to be able to call it out for that sound effect as necessary...:smallbiggrin: What're bunearies from, by the by?

Sinfire Titan
2009-07-04, 01:16 PM
Heh, too true. I'd love a psyduck for a pet myself. Just to be able to call it out for that sound effect as necessary...:smallbiggrin: What're bunearies from, by the by?

Diamond and Pearl. (http://wiki.pokeland.net/images/6/6e/Buneary.png) Qualifies for Tastes Like Diabetes, but at the same time I have a sweet tooth that could kill an elephant.

Kami2awa
2009-07-04, 02:13 PM

Of course, the pet-master relationship could work the other way round as well...

Seconded on the giant eagle, which also works for any other flying creature you could ride (pegasi, griffons, succubi etc.)

Kami2awa
2009-07-04, 02:15 PM

I'm wondering what the leash in that picture is supposed to achieve...

Kami2awa
2009-07-04, 02:18 PM
Or, even, y'know.... Rings...:smallwink:

For what part of the body? :P

Coidzor
2009-07-04, 02:25 PM
For what part of the body? :P

Exactly. :smalltongue: Also, try to avoid double or triple posting by using the edit button and copy-pastaing the quote you wanna respond to.

GreatWyrmGold
2009-07-04, 02:26 PM

That...is more specific?

TSED
2009-07-04, 02:29 PM
That...is more specific?

'Yes,' and I was already called on it. :smallwink:

GreatWyrmGold
2009-07-04, 02:48 PM
'Yes,' and I was already called on it. :smallwink:
Huh?

Though I think you kinda went the wrong way in terms of specificallies... Since you went from Drider -> Drow -> All Elveseses.
Oh...

John Campbell
2009-07-04, 04:17 PM
I had a Shadowrun character who ran into a blackberry kitten on a run, and after a bit of negotiation in which he determined that his mind control tricks didn't work very well against my dwarven sorcerer Will, but I was willing to feed him anyway, I took him home as a pet. (Well, given blackberry cat Int, "roommate" might be more accurate.)

We had a symbiotic relationship; I fed him, and he kept anyone else from messing with my flat when I wasn't home. If anyone tried to break in while I was away, I was like as not to find them still there when I got home, mindlessly opening cans of catfood for Köttr.

Demons_eye
2009-07-04, 04:23 PM
Yes even over int of 3 and posted on April 1st I still want a Cheshire Cat (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fools/20030401c)

Ravens_cry
2009-07-04, 04:45 PM
Yes even over int of 3 and posted on April 1st I still want a Cheshire Cat (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fools/20030401c)
Oh heckles cakes, after reading that, I wouldn't mind BEING a cat. For a D&D game anyway.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-07-04, 04:50 PM
Oh heckles cakes, after reading that, I wouldn't mind BEING a cat.
Meow :smallwink:

Night Monkey
2009-07-04, 07:05 PM

Elves, I get.
Drow, I kinda get.
Driders... as a long-time arachnophobe, just freaking no!

Meow :smallwink:

Seconded.

Teln
2009-07-04, 07:52 PM
A 1x1 Gelatinous Cube. Makes for a great trash can.

Admiral Squish
2009-07-05, 01:06 AM

I MUST PLAY A TIBBIT NOW.