Face Change
Illusion (Glamer)
Level: Sor/Wiz 0
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 min./level (D)

You make your face appear to be someone elses. The new face must be that of someone you have seen. Only your face changes, not your body shape, equipment, voice, or manerisms.

A creature that interacts with the glamer (touches your face) gets a Will save to recognize it as an illusion.

If you use this spell to create a disguise, you get a +2 circumstance bonus on the roll.

Any other cool cantrips out there?

Democratus
2006-01-03, 07:41 PM
It should only give you a +X to your Disguise skill - since even more powerful spells don't give you perfect mimicry of specific people (Disguise Self, Alter Self, etc.).

King_of_GRiffins
2006-01-04, 04:21 PM
Simple enough. I'm sure someone dipping into an arcane class from rouge(or similar) wouldn't mind giving himself a +2 Bonus.

Altair_the_Vexed
2006-01-04, 05:18 PM
Face Change
Illusion (Glamer)
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 min./level (D)

You make your face appear to be someone elses. The new face must be that of someone you have seen. Only your face changes, not your body shape, equipment, voice, or manerisms.

A creature that interacts with the glamer (touches your face) gets a Will save to recognize it as an illusion.

If you use this spell to create a disguise, you get a +2 circumstance bonus on the roll.

I'd rule that anyone who actually knows the person you're imitating gets a Will save, as you won't have their voice, mannerism etc.
And I'd have to make it a 1st level spell, as the power that could be gained from using it is huge!

Otherwise, cool!

Brickwall
2006-01-04, 05:20 PM
What iff the "king" was speaking in a female voice? and had a large chest? no will save to disbelieve, as long as they don't *know* the king?

Julius
2006-01-04, 05:20 PM
Well, wouldn't you just use 'Disguise Self' if it were a 1st level spell? My goal here is to make a disguise cantrip of some sort.

Altair_the_Vexed
2006-01-04, 05:51 PM
Disguise Self / Change Self can't impersonate specific people though.

As for the "King" having a woman's voice, well I'd give those that heard "him" a Will save too. I just wanted to point out that "interacting with" the glamer was not limited to touching the caster's face.

Of course, these are only my suggestions. For my games, I will not be allowing such low level disguising spells. Do what thou will, and let that be the whole of the law.

Beholden_Caulfield
2006-01-04, 05:52 PM
There is such a spell in the new Spell Compendium, actually. I believe it's called Disguise Self, Lesser, but I'm afraid I don't have that book with me just now.

Ayana
2006-01-04, 06:23 PM
Disguise Self (L1) gives:
- 10min/lev
- includes clothing, armor, weapon, equipment, whole body
- can't change body type but a human caster can look human, humanoid or any other human-shaped bipedal creature
- no tactile, auditory and no abilities of person emulated
- extend up to you: from 1 small feature to "look like an entirely different person"
- +10 on Disguise when used for a disguise
- Will save if creature interacts

Basically Disguise Self could make you look like the king in face, in body, in clothing, in weapons (like turn your greatsword into a sceptre and it would still work as greatsword).

So I find your spell to be ok, maybe a bit weak. I could see it having a +3 or even +4 bonus on Disguise as it is also shorter and limited to face.

As a comparison Guidance (divine L0 gives +1 to the next skill check on ANY check). Also someone dipping sorc for disguises already has access to Disguise Self (since no class gets L0 spells without getting L1).

brummeren
2006-01-04, 07:43 PM
Minor Disguise is a bard only spell, but it gives the same +2 bonus. It just adds minor features, such as haircolour, wrinkles and so on. I think that it is a bit to powerful for your spell to be able to emulate other peoples faces, but otherwise it is ok, i guess. Oh and the Spell Compendium version is transmutation, not illusion, and thus not allows a saving throw.

Cruiser1
2006-01-05, 07:37 PM
Lesser Magic Missile
Evocation
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes

A small missile of magical energy darts forth from your fingertip and unerringly strikes its target, dealing 1 point of force damage. Lesser Magic Missile is like a short range Magic Missile, except it always shoots a single missile, and always does 1 point of damage.

Everyman
2006-01-07, 02:31 AM
Custom made one that a friend made:

Summon Lesser Monster
Level: Brd 0, Clr 0, Sor/Wiz 0
Components: V, S, F/DF
Casting Time: 1 round
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: One summoned creature
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
Spell Resistance: No

It allowed a caster to summon a creature that could accomplish little things. I don't have the summon list on me, though I believe they were all creatures with a CR of no higher than 1/6. Oh, and all the creatures had at least an Int 3 and could understand Common. (Awakened animals usually).

Darkie
2006-01-07, 02:34 AM
Seems strong. A meatshield effect...

Especially with 1 rnd/lvl.

Chris the Pontifex
2006-01-07, 06:13 AM
a meatshield???? with a 1/6 CR?

"yes you may have a greatsword, but you will first have to get past my awakened mouse?"

I like it

MagFlare
2006-01-07, 09:28 AM
Algernon's Ballistic Fruit
Conjuration (Creation)
Range: Long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)
Duration: Instantaneous
Spell Resistance: No

A fruit is launched at astonishing speed from your outstretched hand. You must succeed on a ranged touch attack to hit your target. The type of fruit, and the spell's effect, is determined by rolling a d6:

1 - Grape, strawberry, or a similar smallish fruit: no effect, except possibly to annoy the target.
2 - Apple, pear, or a similar mid-sized fruit: 1d2 nonlethal damage.
3 - Watermelon, coconut, or a similar largish fruit: 1 bludgeoning damage.
4 - Pineapple, durian, or a similar spiny fruit: 1 piercing damage.
5 - Lemon, lime, or a similar acidic fruit: 1 nonlethal damage. The target also suffers a -2 penalty to ranged attacks and Concentration checks during the following round due to acid in its eyes.
6 - Banana: 1 nonlethal damage. The target must also succeed at a Balance check (DC 5) or fall prone on the peel.

The fruit may be eaten, but confers no nutritive benefits.

Dhavaer
2006-01-07, 09:29 AM
Headache
Necromancy [pain]
Components: None
Casting Time: One standard action
Range: Short
Target: One living creature with a head
Duration: 1 round
Spell Resistance: Yes
You shove the target's mind hard, causing a brief jolt of pain. This does no damage, but the target takes a -1 penalty to Concentration checks.

Darkie
2006-01-07, 06:10 PM
Why is that Necromancy? It isn't really affecting anyone's lifeforce.

Dhavaer
2006-01-07, 07:18 PM
Necromancy seems to be the most appropriate school for pain inflicting spells. Symbol of Pain, for example.

Brickwall
2006-01-07, 11:57 PM
If it directly affects body parts and doesn't fall directly under another school's description, it is necromancy.