PDA

View Full Version : New Spell

Eldan
2009-07-02, 01:28 PM
First of all: the people of my Harbinger House group, please don't read any further:

While reworking an adventure for a slightly higher level group than intended, and changing a few details, I came up with the idea for this spell, which was actually necessary for an ambush. I'm not sure what level it should be, but due to it's duration, I'd say higher level than normal confusion, at least.

Circle of Confusion

Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Brd 4, Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V, S, M/DF
Casting Time: 1 minute
Range: 0 ft.
Effect: 10-ft.-radius circle that confused those who enter it
Duration: 10 min/level
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

To cast this spell, the caster must place three nut shells on flat ground in a triangle, each ten feet apart from the other two. Then, he must complete a short ritual, which involves walking around the three shells in a circle, counter-clockwise, while casting the spell.
When finished, an invisible, magical circle forms around the nutshells. All creatures that enter the circle or begin their turn inside it must succeed on a will save or be confused for as long as they remain inside. If they leave the circle, they remain confused for one more round, though if they enter the circle again, they must save again to avoid confusion.

Arcane Material Component
A set of three nut shells.