PDA

View Full Version : Olo demonsbane vs. waterpenguin43 vs. Melamoto

waterpenguin43
2009-07-02, 03:29 PM
O.K here's the thread.
Remember: This is not going to count for the test of spite.

Melamoto
2009-07-02, 03:46 PM
If it makes you feel any better, perhaps i'll be bothered to give you a dignified death. :smallcool:

waterpenguin43
2009-07-02, 04:00 PM
If it makes you feel any better, perhaps i'll be bothered to give you a dignified death. :smallcool:

O.K then, thanks (I think I'll die rather fast).
P.S: Thanks for the spoiler trick Melamoto!
Edit: Oh yeah, and when Tide gets here I'll PM him my character sheet.
Thanks

Melamoto
2009-07-02, 04:18 PM
Just put spoiler tags around it, like this (Spoiler)Text(/Spoiler), with [ and ] instead of ( and ).

Anyways, shall we roll for initiative?

waterpenguin43
2009-07-02, 04:41 PM
init 1d20:19
P.S: I vote for 3 buff rounds! Thanks again for teaching me how to use spoilers!

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-02, 04:52 PM
My character is almost complete...and I want 3 buff rounds as well.

EDIT: And all-day buffs, obviously.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-02, 06:00 PM
O.K, I guess it's your turn to roll init. My buffs:-Spell immunity(delayed blast fireball, cone of cold, mind fog)
-Protection from electricity
-True seeing
-Embrace the wild (dog)(on my albatross).

Melamoto
2009-07-02, 06:25 PM
[roll0] My Initiative roll.

Assuming 3 buffs and all day, mine will be:
Greater Mage Armor
See Invisibility
Invisibility
Shield

Also, I don't really mind about the Arena. It makes no differences for me.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-02, 07:37 PM
Plain arena it is, then.:smallbiggrin: Unless Olo has a large objection. All we have to do is wait until Olo finishes his character and rolls init and we can go.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-02, 08:42 PM
Im ready!

Buffs: All Day: Personal Mindblank (12pp), Overchannel Inertial Armor (14pp), Psionic Overland Flight (10pp), Share Pain (Arrow), Dispelling Buffer (10pp)
PP used: 46, Arrow
Rounds 1-3: 1st Round: Schism (6pp), Power Resistance *Schismed* (8pp)
PP used: 14
2nd Round: Overchannel Vigor (14pp), Psionic True Seeing *Schismed* (8pp)
PP used: 36
3rd Round: Overchannel Astral Construct (14pp), Force Screen *Schismed* (Arrow)
PP used: 50, Arrow

Initiative: [roll0]

I would really prefer a plain map as well...though what are the dimensions? I dont want one thats too big...

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-02, 08:47 PM
How about:

X 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J

Each square is 5ft. Short and simple. Post a description of your character and your starting location. I'll take A1, and B1C1B2C2.

Description: A large, glistening 13ft tall creature stands before you. Behind him is a yellow-haired man with no armor or weapons. He looks slightly bored with the proceedings.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-02, 08:56 PM
I4. A mysterious, somewhat aged figure cloaked in dark blue and bright yellow stands here, there appears to be pure water serving as armor for him. there is a small lavender stone floating around his head. Though he seems human, you notice a tiny bit of webbing on his hands and a slightly greenish tinge to his skin. There is an albatross on his shoulder with a rather serious gaze. How about the arena being 70 feet high as well? Albatrosses init:1d20+1(14)

waterpenguin43
2009-07-02, 10:10 PM
O.K, um, Melamoto is pretty late right now. I wonder why.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-03, 12:08 AM
I guess I will go...and attack you :smalltongue:, since I dont know where Memalato is.

I can always take out Memalato on the same turn :smallcool:

The small figure seems to concentrate for a second, and your mentality is attacked.

Schism manifests Overchanneled Empowered Ego Whip.
Psicrystal takes a move action to regain Psionic Focus.

Make a will save, DC 24. [roll0]*1.5=10 Charisma damage. Will save halves the damage, and, if you fail, you are dazed for 1 round.

More of my turn coming up after learning how this effects you.

EDIT: The arena is 70ft high? In that case, I start 40ft up as well :smallbiggrin:

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-03, 12:13 AM
Oh, and I make a Knowledge (local) check on you, assuming you are humanoid.

[roll0]

This gives me one fact, and one additional one for every 5 over 23 I roll.

Just general information about you.

Melamoto
2009-07-03, 01:13 AM
Sorry, I'm in England, so that was going on while I was asleep.

Anyway, starting position J1.

You see a man, with gleaming purple skin, almost scaly. He wears a hooded robe covered with strange and intricate patterns with the hood down, and has a dark look on his face. He holds no weapons, or equipment.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-03, 01:37 AM
Yay, Im fighting two sorcerers!

Ok, I will continue my turn on you, since waterpenguin apparently went ot bed or something.

The man glances at you, and you feel your mind under assault.

Manifest Overchanneled Maximized (8 aug) Ego Whip.
Psicrystal takes Standard Action to regain Psionic Focus.

Make a DC 24 will save: If you fail, you are dazed for 1 turn and take 12 Charisma damage. If you succeed, you take 6 Charisma damage.

MORE coming up, after learning the effects.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-03, 01:38 AM
And I knowledge (local) you as well.

[roll0]

This gives me one fact, and one additional one for every 5 over 23 I roll.

Just general information about you.

Melamoto
2009-07-03, 01:41 AM
[roll0] Using Draconic Arcane Grace: Level 4

You are the worst kind of enemy I could have ended up facing.

Anyway, after manifesting your power (Go on, admit it, that was ego whip), is that your turn?

Ok, what you now know about me:

An insidious trickster
Committed various petty crimes, but courts have never ruled against him
Uses magic and mind tricks to get what he wants

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-03, 01:54 AM
Can I get spellcraft to identify that?

[roll0]

Ok...fine...Ego Whip...

My turn is not over...not yet :smallbiggrin:

Burn 2 charges from Belt of Battle.
Manifest Overchanneled Maximized Ego Whip

Make a DC 24 will save: If you fail, you are dazed for 1 turn and take 12 Charisma damage. If you succeed, you take 6 Charisma damage.

AND MY TURN IS NOT YET OVER!

Melamoto
2009-07-03, 02:08 AM
No, Spellcraft won't help.

[roll0] Same as before.

Ok, I know the power, but how the hell are you cranking out all this? Belt of Battle? Quicken?

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-03, 02:11 AM
Schism, Belt of Battle, More-yet-to-be-revealed...

This character takes "Nova" to a whole new level :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Good night, going to bed now.

Melamoto
2009-07-03, 02:16 AM
Can't you make your last move? It would be hard for us to get stuck, unless that actually was your last move.

Saph
2009-07-03, 04:13 AM
For Olo (and observers) Only
Olo, you know Schism lowers your manifester level by 6 for anything you use with it, right? That means for a base ML of 13, you can't spend more than 7 PP on anything you do with Schism. Also, you can't start using Schism until the turn after you manifest it.

ex cathedra
2009-07-03, 07:41 AM
Also for Olo:

The psicrystal's owner has to spend a full-round action to focus his psicrystal; it cannot focus itself, according to XPH49. May I ask how you're bypassing this?

waterpenguin43
2009-07-03, 11:07 AM
Um, I'm here now, when can I act?

waterpenguin43
2009-07-03, 11:09 AM
I guess I will go...and attack you :smalltongue:, since I dont know where Memalato is.

I can always take out Memalato on the same turn :smallcool:

The small figure seems to concentrate for a second, and your mentality is attacked.

Schism manifests Overchanneled Empowered Ego Whip.
Psicrystal takes a move action to regain Psionic Focus.

Make a will save, DC 24. [roll0]*1.5=10 Charisma damage. Will save halves the damage, and, if you fail, you are dazed for 1 round.

More of my turn coming up after learning how this effects you.

EDIT: The arena is 70ft high? In that case, I start 40ft up as well :smallbiggrin:

I don't need to make a will save, my ioun stone absorbs it.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-03, 11:10 AM
Can I get spellcraft to identify that?

[roll0]

Ok...fine...Ego Whip...

My turn is not over...not yet :smallbiggrin:

Burn 2 charges from Belt of Battle.
Manifest Overchanneled Maximized Ego Whip

AND MY TURN IS NOT YET OVER!
Oh yeah, you find out I'm an aventi, a once human creature turned amphibious when my city sank beneath the waves. Anyway, on my turn I cast thallasemia on Olo
You see a blast of yellow and blue aura come at you, then you feel your blood bubble.
Damage: 12d6
1d6(3)
1d6(3)
1d6(2)
1d6(2)
1d6(4)
1d6(2)
1d6(3)
1d6(3)
1d6(4)
1d6(5)
1d6(1)
1d6(2)
Total:34, Fortitude DC 20 for half.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-03, 12:16 PM
Waterpenguin: Can your ioun stone absorb psionics? And dont you have to ready an action to absorb with it?

Saph I have Practiced Manifester, which ups my Schism manifester level to 2 under mine

Aethernox My psicrystal has the feat Psionic Meditation.

The last part of my turn Move action to recover Psionic focus.
Psicrystal uses swift action to use White Raven Tactics on me.
I use Overchanneled Maximized Ego Whip on the aventi.
Schism uses Overchanneled Empowered Ego Whip on Memalato.
I use a Move action to recover my Psionic Focus.

Waterpenguin: Make a will save, DC 24, or be dazed for a round and take 12 Charisma damage. Success reduces this to no daze and 6 damage.

Memalato: Make a will save, DC 24, or be dazed for a round and take [roll0]*1.5=18(!) Charisma damage. Success reduces this to no daze and 6 damage.

End Turn.

Saph
2009-07-03, 12:26 PM
I have Practiced Manifester, which ups my Schism manifester level to 2 under mine

That's a highly dubious reading of the feat. Practiced Manifester doesn't say anything about boosting extra minds. Did you check that with a DM?

And you still have one too many actions. Schism doesn't start working until the next turn after you use it.

Finally, constructs such as psicrystals don't generally gain feats.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-03, 12:33 PM
Saph
That's a highly dubious reading of the feat. Practiced Manifester doesn't say anything about boosting extra minds. Did you check that with a DM?

I thought that it specifically boosted the Schism...

And you still have one too many actions. Schism doesn't start working until the next turn after you use it.

Damn, Im stupid. Scratch Psionic True Seeing...

Finally, constructs such as psicrystals don't generally gain feats.

Mindless constructs dont gain feats. Look at the inevitables, for example. Intellegent constructs that gain feats.

I really apologize, this is the first time I have played a psion over level 3.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-03, 12:39 PM
Waterpenguin: make a caster level check to overcome my Power Resistance.

I have 25.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-03, 01:39 PM
Waterpenguin: Can your ioun stone absorb psionics? And dont you have to ready an action to absorb with it?

Yes it can, but you have to ready it, I ready it now I guess. Will save:1d20+12(27). I take 5 Cha damage.
CL check:1d20+12(28)
Anyway, I command my albatross to fly up and scratch at you.
attack: 1d20+1(17)
Damage:1d3(3)
Edit: Are you sure Power Resistance applies to spells though?

Melamoto
2009-07-03, 01:59 PM
[roll0] My Will Save.

Now, after this fight, I am going to look at your character sheet, because a character that broken deserves some investigation, and i'm not even sure about legality based on some things i've seen. Anyways, Waterpenguin, your Albatross rolled lower than me on Initiative. So, I believe I deserve my turn first.

Melamoto
2009-07-03, 02:04 PM
Ok, for my turn:
I use Dominate on Olo.
Olo, make a DC 19 Will Save. What it is for is something you won't know unless you fail.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-03, 04:52 PM
[roll0] My Will Save.

Now, after this fight, I am going to look at your character sheet, because a character that broken deserves some investigation, and i'm not even sure about legality based on some things i've seen. Anyways, Waterpenguin, your Albatross rolled lower than me on Initiative. So, I believe I deserve my turn first.

My character is broken? Sorry about the initiative thing.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-03, 05:12 PM
I think he meant mine...the main problem is that I used about half of my daily power points that turn.

Will Save [roll0]

waterpenguin43
2009-07-03, 06:31 PM
Uh, it's your turn Olo.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-03, 07:01 PM
Oh, sorry...

Fortitude save for half: [roll0]

Readying something takes your turn...

Manifest Overchanneled Astral Construct (14pp)
2 Abilities from Menu B: Improved Flight, Pounce.

Etan concentrates again, and another of the white creatures appears in front of him, this one with wings.

With a roar, it flys at WP43.

Slam [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Slam [roll3]
Damage [roll4]

Schism manifests Psionic Disentegrate

He then glances at Memalato, and a gray bolt flys from his eyes.

Touch Attack [roll5]
If it hits, make a fortitude save, DC 23:
Failure [roll6]
Success [roll7]

End turn.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-03, 07:02 PM
Critical conformation on the touch attack:
[roll0]

waterpenguin43
2009-07-03, 07:13 PM
O.K, my turn:
I cast blackwater tentacle: An enourmous mass of black water in the shape of a tentacle forms near Olo, then it smashes down onto him.
attack roll:1d20+18(28)
damage:2d8+12(20)
also make a Fortitude save (DC 21) or take one negative level.
End turn.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-03, 07:28 PM
Damn, hit me right on the button.

Fortitude [roll0]

waterpenguin43
2009-07-03, 07:39 PM
You gain a negative level.:smallbiggrin:

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-03, 07:41 PM
I know...and I am sad :smallfrown::smalltongue:

I had to search for the rules on negative levels until I realized that they were in the players handbook :smallfurious:

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-03, 07:57 PM
You still have to take a standard action to ready your ioun stone...unless BWT is a standard action or less, I dont want to go searching through Stormwrack right now.

Oh, and my Astral Construct gets an AOO on you when you cast your spell.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Now you have to make a DC 31 Concentration check or your spell fails, assuming that hits your AC.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-03, 08:29 PM
Concentration:1d20+17(37)
Blackwater tentacle IS a standard action actually.
Edit: Sorry, it turns out my concentration is +17, not +13.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-03, 08:30 PM
Natural 20? Nice. For you :smalltongue:

If BWT is a standard action, then you cant ready your ioun stone in the same turn.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-03, 08:50 PM
Natural 20? Nice. For you :smalltongue:

Yes, it was quite lucky (I would hate to lose blackwater tentacle).
Edit: Oh, I calculated my HP total, you see me stagger and fall face first on the ground.:smallfrown::smalleek:

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-03, 11:18 PM
Now I just need to kill Memalato...unless you are faking it of course...wait a minute, were'nt you flying?

And Memalato, are you flying?

waterpenguin43
2009-07-03, 11:23 PM
wait a minute, were'nt you flying?

And Memalato, are you flying?

I was not flying.
P.S: I'm going to bed because I live in Vancouver, goodnight.:smallsmile:

Saph
2009-07-03, 11:57 PM
Olo

I really apologize, this is the first time I have played a psion over level 3.

No problem, it's just a good idea to check these things before a match. I looked up Schism and psicrystals, and I'm pretty sure they don't work the way you want them to. Schism's second mind manifests "as if your manifester level were 6 lower than it actually is". It doesn't actually lower your character's manifester level, so I really doubt Practiced Manifester will work. I also can't find anything in the books to say that psicrystals gain feats - I know for sure that familiars don't.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-04, 01:03 AM
SaphI really would have, but everyone else was waiting for me to finish my character and it would have taken a long time if I had submitted him to Tide :smalltongue:
I used Practiced Manifester like that because I once heard someone on the forums say somethin like "Because of Schism, Practiced Manifester is now a prerequisite for most psions, even if they dont multiclass."
I think it could go either way, but, for the sake of this challenge, do you think I should let it stand, or quit this character and have them restart the fight?
Oh, and Psicrystals were not origonally suposed to gain feats, but RAW they do...not because of something in the XPH. However, they never published errata about it...so I am happy to exploit it :smallsmile:

EDIT: I love Vancouver, I used to live there! Good night :smallsmile:

Melamoto
2009-07-04, 03:08 AM
Sorry, it's been night time here in the UK. Also, my turn wasn't over: Make another will save, same DC.

Saph
2009-07-04, 04:12 AM
Olo
Having read both texts, I'm pretty sure Practiced Manifester doesn't work with Schism. They describe different things. I don't know who the guy on the forums was, but I suspect he was doing some creative interpretations of the rules.

As for the psicrystals, I'm not enough of a psionics expert to know whether it works or not, but I think if you want to say psicrystals get feats you'll need to point to a passage in the books that specifically say they do. Note even if psicrystals do get feats, there's nothing saying that you'd get to pick them.

As for whether you want to continue the match, that's your call. Really this is where you'd call in a DM, but since you don't have one . . . no idea.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-04, 09:27 AM
Good morning to you all.:smallsmile:
Edit: Even if it is not morning for you.

Melamoto
2009-07-04, 10:13 AM
Four O'clock over here, and i'm still waiting for Olo to take his Will Save.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-04, 12:31 PM
Er... I think Olo is busy at the moment.

Melamoto
2009-07-04, 12:45 PM
Well, this is still part of my first turn, before Olo started his. I wasn't finished yet, I was waiting to see his Save results, which were posted while I was asleep.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-04, 01:39 PM
And that reminds me, when Olo summons an astral construct, my albatross gets an AoO:1d20+1(16)
Damage:1d3(2)
If it hits, make a DC 12 concentration check or lose the astral construct (and thus never have hit me).

Melamoto
2009-07-04, 02:30 PM
Waterpenguin, for the sake of security, could you roll the dice in the thread?

waterpenguin43
2009-07-04, 02:38 PM
Waterpenguin, for the sake of security, could you roll the dice in the thread?

Do you mean that I roll the dice for you and Olo?

Melamoto
2009-07-04, 02:52 PM
No, I mean make the dice rolls for yourself inside this thread, so we know that they aren't fudged (Don't think you would, but on the internet you must be certain).

Melamoto
2009-07-04, 03:36 PM
Simple. Just type (Roll)1d20+7(/Roll) (A random example, if you wanted 1d20 and to add 7 on afterwards), replacing the ( and ) with [ and ]

waterpenguin43
2009-07-04, 03:42 PM
So it's like this? [roll0]
Thanks.

Melamoto
2009-07-04, 05:49 PM
No problem. And Olo...

...DC 19. Also, if i'm interpreting your moves so far the way I think they are, then I'm not sure what you're doing is legal.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-04, 06:22 PM
Oh, sorry...

Fortitude save for half: [roll0]

Readying something takes your turn...

Manifest Overchanneled Astral Construct (14pp)
2 Abilities from Menu B: Improved Flight, Pounce.

Etan concentrates again, and another of the white creatures appears in front of him, this one with wings.

With a roar, it flys at WP43.

Slam [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Slam [roll3]
Damage [roll4]

I think that your astral construct can only attack once and move.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-04, 09:19 PM
Sorry, 4th of July festivites.

My astral construct has pounce.

Sorry I jumped the gun.

[roll0]

Anway, Saph and I have been talking, and we have realized that my use of the psionics rules is not strictly correct, which comes from not having time to send it to Tide and wait for him to respond and from never playing a psion above level 3 before :smalltongue:. What do you guys think should happen? Should we adjust it from this point and continue? Or should I drop out?

waterpenguin43
2009-07-04, 09:40 PM
Sorry, 4th of July festivites.

My astral construct has pounce.

Sorry I jumped the gun.

[roll0]

Anway, Saph and I have been talking, and we have realized that my use of the psionics rules is not strictly correct, which comes from not having time to send it to Tide and wait for him to respond and from never playing a psion above level 3 before :smalltongue:. What do you guys think should happen? Should we adjust it from this point and continue? Or should I drop out?
Perhaps we could restart?

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-04, 09:56 PM
To be more specific, I have been augmenting my powers that I use with Schism more than I should. I thought Practiced Manifester increased the manifester level of Schism, but Saph assures me that that is not the case.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-05, 12:06 AM
Actually, I think Ill just drop out. This character isnt as much fun to play as I thought he'd be...

Melamoto
2009-07-05, 02:56 AM
Goooooood morning!

Anyway, I forgot to count in one or two things with my character, so that didn't go entirely the way I would have planned. I'm fine with a restart.

But when you say you want to drop out, does that mean dropping out altogether, or using a different character instead?

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-05, 04:11 PM
I am almost finished with a new character, and Ill send it to Saph to check when Im done.

Melamoto
2009-07-05, 04:47 PM
So, are we still having a 3-way match with your new character, or will we do something else?

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-05, 04:55 PM
Anything works for me.

EDIT: Sent character to Saph.

Melamoto
2009-07-05, 05:07 PM
Ok, if we're restarting this one, we'll start all over again.

Same game options (Arena, Buff Rounds, etc.)

Everything else (Buffs, Initiative, etc.) will be started anew. And, on that note:

Initiative: [roll0]

Nerveskitter used for intiative. Same buffs as before.

So, are we going to redo or not? If we aren't, what will we do instead?

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-05, 07:29 PM
I think we will renew redo...and should I roll seperate initiative for minions, or give them the same as mine?

Anyway, Buff Rounds Daily Buffs with Bead of Karma: Magic Vestment on Armor and Shield, Desecrate
3 rounds of Buffing:
1. Summon Undead (4 spectres), DMM Quickened True Seeing
2. Summon Undead (2 Greater Shadows), DMM Quickened Death Ward
3. Summon Undead (Dread Wraith), DMM Quickened Freedom of Movement

And my personal initiative [roll0]

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-05, 07:40 PM
X 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J

Each square is 5ft. Short and simple. Post a description of your character and your starting location.

The area is 70ft high.

I take...D1D2E1E2, D3D4E3E4, D5D6E5E6, D7D8E7E8, and A3A4A5B3B4B5C3C4C5 +30, E2 -5, E3 -5, E4 -5, D5D6E5E6 -5, E7 -5, E8 -5, E9 -5.

What they are Skeletal Marlith, Skeletal Marlith, Skeletal Marlith, Skeletal Marlith, Zombie Adult Red Dragon, Sahir on the dragon at B4, Spectre, Greater Shadow, Spectre, Dread Wraith, Spectre, Greater Shadow, Spectre.

Basically the upper half of the map :smalltongue:

In front of you looms a group of 4 cloaked figures, each 10ft tall. You check a glimpse of white. Looking up, you see a red dragon; unfortunately, you cant tell much about it, because it is dead, yet still flying...on its back is a cloaked figure wearing armor and holding a large shield and heavily engraved spear.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-05, 08:34 PM
My buffs -Activate shield of winds
-Activate ioun stone
-Drink potion of invisibility
-True seeing
-I'll start at H4

Same character.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-05, 08:41 PM
You cant roll in an edit, or after you preview the post. And you dont have to put parentheses around your 1d20+X. In fact, I dont think you are allowed to.

And does this mean that I should roll seperate things initiatives for all of my creatures, as you did for your albatross?

waterpenguin43
2009-07-05, 09:29 PM
init: [roll0]
albatross: [roll1]

waterpenguin43
2009-07-05, 09:30 PM
You cant roll in an edit, or after you preview the post.

And does this mean that I should roll seperate things initiatives for all of my creatures, as you did for your albatross?

Just roll one for each different init modifier.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-05, 09:37 PM
Oh, ok, that works:

Dragon [roll0]

Cloaked Figures [roll1]

Everything else acts on my turn.

Oh, and I forgot to mention: the numbers after my positions? Thats the height, with the ground being 0. The negative numbered creatures are actually underground, and my dragon is 30ft up.

EDIT: So it goes Memalato, your bird, me and my underground friends, my cloaked figures, you, then my dragon.
EDIT2: You might want to post your bird's actions, so that it doesnt interupt the flow...especially if you go to bed before Memalato acts.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-05, 10:33 PM
In reviewing my character, Saph and I have decided that having all these undead is unfair and probably wouldnt pass a DM...so I am cutting out all of my cloaked figures. That takes out much of my offense.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-05, 10:35 PM
Melamoto first then, after that it's Olo, then it's my albatross, then me, then Olo's dragon.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-05, 11:29 PM
Memalato probably wont be on until after 1:30 central time tonight...thats the earliest hes been on so far :smallfrown:

waterpenguin43
2009-07-05, 11:44 PM
Goodnight then.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-06, 12:05 AM
Goodnight.

Melamoto
2009-07-06, 01:32 AM
Starting Invisible in
J4

My actions:

Push the Weak Mind on the Dragon minion. Suggestion: Attack Olo, and you will be rewarded.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-06, 01:36 AM
I have true seeing...can I open the spoilers?

Melamoto
2009-07-06, 01:52 AM
The top one, yes. Otherwise, you see
No visible movement or actions

Edit: Also, forgot. This will probably give too much away about what i'm doing, but I have to ask this anyway: Have your Dragon make a DC22 Will Save.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-06, 01:55 AM
...Waterpenguin didnt post his location...

Sahir casts Greater Dispel Magic at you.

Caster level Checks:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

EDIT: Your second highest, third highest, and fourth highest spells were dispelled, assuming CL 13 and 6 or less buffs.

Turn is not ended yet, I need to see if Ive dispelled your invisibility.

Melamoto
2009-07-06, 02:06 AM
Yes, my Invisibility has been dispelled. Also, I forgot to put something in before, so I've put it on to the previous post.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-06, 02:07 AM
Dragon Will Save [roll0]

Melamoto
2009-07-06, 02:09 AM
Ok then, nothing happens.

And so now, i'm fully visible in J4.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-06, 02:18 AM
Assuming that I dont need to do anything else...

Out of the floor, straight at you, float 7 creatures. All are clearly incorporeal. 4 are white, glowing, and wearing tattered rags. 2 look like shadows, indistinct. The remaining creature is larger than the rest, looking like smoke held in a vaguely humanoid shape, one tendril stretched out at you.

Raggy1 Touch [roll0]; Damage [roll1] and energy drain
Raggy2 Touch [roll2]; Damage [roll3] and energy drain
Raggy3 Touch [roll4]; Damage [roll5] and energy drain
Raggy4 Touch [roll6]; Damage [roll7] and energy drain

Shadow1 Touch [roll8]; Damage [roll9] Strength
Shadow2 Touch [roll10]; Damage [roll11] Strength

Smokey Touch [roll12]; Damage [roll13] and make a DC 25 Fortitude save or take [roll14] Constitution drain.

After going for you, the shadows and smokey dart backwards a little bit and into the ground.

End Turn.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-06, 02:20 AM
Raggy3 Crit Conformation [roll0]
Raggy4 Crit Conformation [roll1]

Melamoto
2009-07-06, 02:22 AM
I am downed. Stupid Strength damage and negative levels.

Also, what creatures use touch attacks for energy drains, as a question?

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-06, 02:28 AM
Spectres.

Yeah, Master of Shrouds is a pretty crazy prestige class...especially when you give it buff time to summon more undead :smallbiggrin:

Oh, and "Smokey" didnt go yet, because the shadows took you down.

So he goes for WP43 instead. Does 34 hit your touch AC? If so, take 8 damage and make a DC 25 Fortitude save or take 3 Constitution damage.

EDIT: It darts down and away after its attack and ends up doubling back to end up under your square :smallbiggrin:

EDIT2: Good Night.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-06, 10:13 AM
I will start invisible in I9

Melamoto
2009-07-06, 10:14 AM
Put simply, my character doesn't need to worry about constitution any more.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-06, 10:16 AM
Anyway, my albatross flies 30 ft up then I move 10 ft to G9 cast mudslide on Olo.
Make a reflex save (DC 22)
Damage:
[roll0]
If you fail you are buried, if you succeed you take: [roll1] and are not buried.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-06, 10:20 AM
Hit my AC, if it can bypass wind wall and find invisible things. Anyway: Fort: [roll0]

waterpenguin43
2009-07-06, 10:31 AM
Oh yeah, and your dragon also takes:
[roll0]
has to make a DC 22 reflex save or be buried.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-06, 10:36 AM
Oh yeah, if he does make his save he takes [roll0] and is not buried.
P.S: Sorry for the double post

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-06, 01:26 PM
You mean quadruple post :smalltongue:

I can direct him, because I have true seeing. This gives him a 50% miss chance however.

Miss Chance [roll0], 1 hits.

When you try to cast your spell, you get hit by an attack of opportunity.

Touch [roll1]
Miss Chance [roll2], 1 hits.
Damage [roll3] and Fortitude DC 25 or [roll4] Constitution drain.

My Reflex save [roll5]
Dragons reflex save [roll6]

So what does being buried mean?

waterpenguin43
2009-07-06, 01:42 PM
You mean quadruple post :smalltongue:

I can direct him, because I have true seeing. This gives him a 50% miss chance however.

Miss Chance [roll0], 1 hits.

When you try to cast your spell, you get hit by an attack of opportunity.

Touch [roll1]
Damage [roll3] and Fortitude DC 25 or [roll4] Constitution drain.

My Reflex save [roll5]
Dragons reflex save [roll6]

So what does being buried mean?

I said I moved first of all, it means your stuck under the mud taking 1d6 points of damage per round.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-06, 01:45 PM
Just my dragon though...not me, right?

And it has enough reach/size to hit you if you move 10 ft.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-06, 01:58 PM
Memalato's turn: He now has [roll0] turns until he rises as a shadow :smallbiggrin:

Which means he rises as a shadow on my turn.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-06, 05:05 PM
I still need clarification on whether I can act with my dragon buried, if I take any falling damage or anything, as well as a Fortitude save, if the AoO hit your touch AC...

waterpenguin43
2009-07-06, 08:29 PM
I still need clarification on whether I can act with my dragon buried, if I take any falling damage or anything, as well as a Fortitude save, if the AoO hit your touch AC...

I said I moved, THEN cast the spell. you also take falling damge of 1d6 per 10 ft up, you can also make a tumble check.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-06, 08:55 PM
I know..."Smokey" is 10ft by 10ft, has 10ft reach, and was directly under you...he can still hit you from where he is. Or should he AoO you when you start to move, is that it?

Tumble [roll0]
Success [roll1]
Failure [roll2]

waterpenguin43
2009-07-06, 09:15 PM
Fort save: [roll0]

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-06, 11:12 PM
Sahir grimaces before making a quick gesture and summoning more shadows. He stalks forward, ending up within 30ft of you.

DMM Quickened Cure Critical Wounds for [roll0]
Summon Undead for 2 Greater Shadows

Then you get bum-rushed by incorporeal undead :smalltongue:

All touch attacks:

Spectre [roll1]
Damage [roll3] and 2 negative levels.
Spectre [roll4]
Miss Chance [roll5], 1 hits.
Damage [roll6] and 2 negative levels.
Spectre [roll7]
Miss Chance [roll8], 1 hits.
Damage [roll9] and 2 negative levels.
Spectre [roll10]
Miss Chance [roll11], 1 hits.
Damage [roll12] and 2 negative levels.

Memalato [roll13]
Miss Chance [roll14], 1 hits.
Damage [roll15] Strength damage.

Greater Shadow [roll16]
Miss Chance [roll17], 1 hits.
Damage [roll18] Strength damage.
Greater Shadow [roll19]
Miss Chance [roll20], 1 hits.
Damage [roll21] Strength damage.
Greater Shadow [roll22]
Miss Chance [roll23], 1 hits.
Damage [roll24] Strength damage.
Greater Shadow [roll25]
Miss Chance [roll26], 1 hits.
Damage [roll27] Strength damage.

Dread Wraith [roll28]
Miss Chance [roll29], 1 hits.
Damage [roll30] and make a Fort DC 25 to avoid [roll31] Constitution drain.

After going at you, the Greater shadows and the Dread Wraith dart into the floor, ending up Directly under you again :smalltongue:

The Spectres and Memalato circle you, only leaving a path directly twords Sahir.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-06, 11:26 PM
Fort save: (It's all or nothing now)
P.S: My original result was twelve, you won (my computer screwed up) :smallfrown:.
I was SO CLOSE!!!! A transmute mud to rock and you would be dead, but this website gave me ghastly fort save rolls so now I have lost.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-06, 11:29 PM
How would that have killed me? I was out of the muck...

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-06, 11:32 PM
Good game all, sorry for dismantling the first match with my Schism+Practiced Manifester mixup.

waterpenguin43
2009-07-07, 09:32 AM
How would that have killed me? I was out of the muck...

Well, you weren't buried in it, but you weren't out, so transmute mud to rock might have killed you.
Doesn't matter though, I'm horrible at this:smallbiggrin:.