PDA

View Full Version : Mirror's Edge

Flickerdart
2009-07-02, 04:37 PM
Picked up this game yesterday for twenty bucks. Best purchase I've made lately. I can honestly say this game is what Prince of Persia should have been, instead of that awful thing Ubisoft churned out this time. Not everything is ideal (pipes are very picky about being jumped on) but it's close to it. The level design is refreshing and the colour palette works really well. It's also got the little touches, like the cure little doodles you find next to Runner stashes. The animated cutscenes are also pretty cool.

Only problem is that it keeps freezing. I patched it with 1.01, seems to be working fine so far. And for a game where you spend a lot of time face into the wall, the textures there could've been sharper. But other than that, excellent game.

Anyone else play it?

Rutskarn
2009-07-02, 04:55 PM
I played it.

I liked the gameplay.

The story, on the other hand...

It's not the worst I've encountered, to be sure, but it's still infuriating at times.

onasuma
2009-07-02, 05:08 PM
Loved this game. Still love it. Can't wait for Mirrors Edge 2.

Also, did everyone else work out the plot as well as I did?

Rutskarn
2009-07-02, 05:09 PM
Loved this game. Still love it. Can't wait for Mirrors Edge 2.

Also, did everyone else work out the plot as well as I did?

I worked out the plot, I just really didn't care for it. It was a nest of cliches, pointless side threads, unexplored ideas and unlikeable characters.

Optimystik
2009-07-02, 05:45 PM
Hey! I liked this Prince of Persia. (Yes, I found all 1001 light seeds.)

Flickerdart
2009-07-03, 11:35 AM
Hey! I liked this Prince of Persia. (Yes, I found all 1001 light seeds.)
Really? Huh.

I still maintain that Sands of Time was the best one and then it all went downhill.

Lord Blace
2009-07-03, 12:55 PM
I found the gameplay enjoyable, but there was no replay value for me. And I beat it in 4 and a half hours.
So, I was disappointed. :smallsigh: