PDA

View Full Version : Risen Martyr

Kaithar
2005-12-31, 03:07 PM
Hi i'm new to D&D so some of the questions i have may be a bit stupid but i'm confused with some of the aspects of the risen martyr prestige class from the book of exalted deeds

1) Final ascention, once you reach 10th level you cant take levels in anything other than risen martyr, how do you do that when it only gives you 10 levels?

2) deathless type, do any of the feature except the hit dice apply to a character taking this class? e.g if after taking a few levels in it i then take a few levels in paladin, do i follow the dethless type features for purposes of BAB saves and skill point or that of the paladin class.
I think you would follow the paladin class but i would like clarification.

Azrael
2005-12-31, 04:43 PM
You seem to have missed the point of risen martyr -- you have to have died, and risen from the dead to complete your (already in progress) holy quest. Once in the class, you cannot multiclass into ANY other class. This is explicitly stated in the text. Once you've taken 10 levels, you ascend and are brought to the outer planes (as an Archon / Eladrin etc) and cannot continue under normal character rules.

Poof! You're done. Your God has claimed you as their own servant. Unless the DM is especially nice and brings you back to the material as an Angel (or variation) to continue-to-continue your holy quest (at your God's discresion) you're no longer PC material.

Further advancement is not really feasible, but HD increases as an outsider could be applied at DM discresion. (But this is tricksy and should be approached with caution, IMO)

As a side note, a risen martyr that willfully performs any evil act is immediatly brought to the outer planes for judgment. Keep in mind that these "willfully evil acts" are judged under the EXHALTED guidlines, and things like a white lie could easily land you in a world of being-brought-to-your-final-judgement hurt.

EDIT: Some added detail.