PDA

View Full Version : Handling five weapons as a human?

boomwolf
2009-07-03, 01:07 PM
Well, its a concept villain, but I plan for a human "kid" (12 years old), rather insane, cannibalistic, with a love to acid,poison and such to be armed to the teeth (literally)
His reasoning to fight the PCs are becuase they dude he works for (BBEG) told him to preform a specific task and kill anyone who tries to stop him, and the PC's are going to step in there and try to stop him (unless they are avoid the entire adventure or die on the way.), nothing personal is envoled, he just follows orders. his task is to find a certain object, and he is unaware of any abilities/powers/uses for the object in question.

His likely build is Paladin of Slaughter 3/fighter 2/battle trickster 3/blackguard 3
ECL 11, but the build might change to fit the combat style more. it massively buffs his save though, and debuffs anyone withing 10 ft. pretty bad. (-2 on saves, -1 on AC, makes you vulnerable to his poison and paralysis attacks)

Weapons:

Hands: 2 Claw-like gauntlets, 1d6/x2 enchanting them to +3 acidic burst.

Legs: 2 Non-hidden bootblades (so no -2 penalty for hidden weapons), having some permanent, con damage, instant effect, high DC poison. (didn't choose yet)

Head: A device similar to a beartrap fitten inside his mouth, giving him a bit-like attack, 1d4/x2, the real threat is the effects of a DC 20 paralysis effect for 1d4+1 rounds.

The main thing is-how to handle this monster in combat? the point of his is massive attacks, and I don't want to handle his weapons as natural weapons because nothing is going to hit that way.

The second thing-how do you think he will act in combat? what is the style of somebody with this sort of arming? hit-and-run? full frontal? "hunting" casters?
His current strategy is to remain out of sight until he finds the most short-term dangerous squishy target (probably the arcane caster), then attack him with everything he got-hoping to take him out of combat before he has a chance to respond, retreat and repeat until he thinks enough had been poisoned, paralyzed or severely damaged then go for an all-out assault. practically aiming for disordering the party and forbidding them to properly plan ahead, organize, or coordinate an attack.

Coidzor
2009-07-03, 01:15 PM
Also. Braidblades and 5 ranks in tumble.

Maerok
2009-07-03, 01:36 PM
Ranks in Tumble and Dance.

Maybe a skirmisher type of combatant. Waits in the shadows, then berserks the party with relentless attacks and disappears as soon as he arrived. While they're trying to figure out what happened, he strikes again from another position.

Every movement is the opening for a new attack, grant him pounce somehow. Maybe look into the Dervish prc and fit some of that into the lackluster parts of Paladin and Blackguard. I would say, use Blackguard as if he had been a level 14 Paladin and fallen (so he gains all the additional neat stuff).

Blackguard/Battle Trickster/Dervish/Exotic Weapon Master

Draxonicar
2009-07-03, 01:41 PM
.......a 12 year old higher level than most grown adults..... If thats the KID I don't wanna meet the parents..

Coidzor
2009-07-03, 02:14 PM
some kinda capability to dimension door or sommat to get on the other side of the PCs might help with that sort of skirmisher interpretation.

Revlid
2009-07-03, 02:26 PM
Five weapons? Pathetic. (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/411/12/)

As for his fighting style... With the claws and the bite, I'd for a style not unlike that of Sabretooth from Wolverine Origins (cool character, average movie).

As for how he ambushers them and/or gets away, use Horror Movie Teleportation. The moment you need him to be someplace else and the characters can't draw a line of sight to him, have him vanish and don't explain it.

ex cathedra
2009-07-03, 02:51 PM
A lot of these suggestions, coupled with the character's style, make me think that the Teflammar Shadowlord (From Unapproachable East) might fit well.

Yora
2009-07-03, 03:27 PM
There's this crazy guy with the claws from soul calibur.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ZTMKaIde0

Melamoto
2009-07-03, 03:40 PM
Try having him pick up some skill tricks, and have good ranks in stealthy skills. Preferably have him moderately intelligent, and if at all possible use guerilla/horror movie tactics (Hit and run/Splitting them to pick them off 1 by 1).

If he will be an open fighter, then have him attack without warning, preferably heading straight to the caster to hit with either poison or paralyse, and then move to the others.

boomwolf
2009-07-03, 08:01 PM
.......a 12 year old higher level than most grown adults..... If thats the KID I don't wanna meet the parents..

Well, he is not your "natural" human child. but I don't want to say anything about his backstory in public forums in case one of my players wanders in. it would reveal too many mysteries.

Dancer is not quite what I had in mind. but a nice idea, will look into it.

Don't have unapproachable east, so Teflammar Shadowlord wont work.

Skill tricks were already part of his thing. Complete Scoundrel is a big thing for my villains.

Quietus
2009-07-03, 08:27 PM
Well, he is not your "natural" human child. but I don't want to say anything about his backstory in public forums in case one of my players wanders in. it would reveal too many mysteries.

Dancer is not quite what I had in mind. but a nice idea, will look into it.

Don't have unapproachable east, so Teflammar Shadowlord wont work.

Skill tricks were already part of his thing. Complete Scoundrel is a big thing for my villains.

Just because he's got RANKS in Dancing, and has the Dervish class (for instance) doesn't mean he has to be dancing... it could just be a "fast, mobile" fighting style.