PDA

View Full Version : Warforged

Xenogears
2009-07-03, 03:41 PM
I was looking at the entry on warforged in the MM3 and it mentioned that many warforged have had body modifications to encorperate various weapons and whatnot into their bodies but doesn't present any rules for such.

I know they are originally from Eberron so I figure if there are rules/improvements for them they would be in an Eberron book but figured I would ask if anyone knows any books that do have rules for this or if it was just supposed to be something the DM would rule on.

Melamoto
2009-07-03, 03:47 PM
The rules state that any magical item can be made into a Warforged component, making it attachable and removable. This makes items impossible to disarm as a plus, but it also means that if, say, you replace your hand with a sword, then you have to spend time detaching the sword and reattaching your hand if you want to do anything with it.

The Rose Dragon
2009-07-03, 03:47 PM
Races of Eberron, Magic of Eberron and Eberron Campaign Setting are three books I can think of with examples of warforged mods.

Keld Denar
2009-07-03, 03:53 PM
Yea, Races of Ebberon in particular has a TON of body mods you can make to your 'forged. Mithril Body puts him on a different chasis, making it possible for more scirmish oriented PCs and whatnot.

Asheram
2009-07-03, 04:19 PM
Yea, Races of Ebberon in particular has a TON of body mods you can make to your 'forged. Mithril Body puts him on a different chasis, making it possible for more scirmish oriented PCs and whatnot.

And then there's not counting all the "ghetto mods" a crafter could do.

Keld Denar
2009-07-03, 04:41 PM
And then there's not counting all the "ghetto mods" a crafter could do.

Dude, check it out! I got my 'forged lowered and put in a custom spoiler and nitro injection system. This thing can totally roll!

And don't get me started on the sound system! I've never seen a sub so big on 'forged before. It can really POUND!

The Rose Dragon
2009-07-03, 04:43 PM
Now we just need to get the OP to change the thread name to "Pimp Mah 'Forged" and we're golden.

only1doug
2009-07-04, 03:57 AM
I was looking at the entry on warforged in the MM3 and it mentioned that many warforged have had body modifications to encorperate various weapons and whatnot into their bodies but doesn't present any rules for such.

I know they are originally from Eberron so I figure if there are rules/improvements for them they would be in an Eberron book but figured I would ask if anyone knows any books that do have rules for this or if it was just supposed to be something the DM would rule on.

one player in my group has a warforged, he placed morphing enchantment on his battlefist, now its whatever weapon he wants it to be.

bosssmiley
2009-07-04, 06:35 AM
Dragon #344 also had an article on warforged body mods and on those weird docent AI thingies. Author was Rich Baker IIRC, so as near to canon as makes no odds.

edit:
Take small-sized warforged
Get it to climb into the torso cavity mod of a medium-sized warforged.
Insert "We put a warforged in yo warforged..." gag

@v: Porth-OS! :smallbiggrin:

AslanCross
2009-07-04, 07:03 AM
Now we just need to get the OP to change the thread name to "Pimp Mah 'Forged" and we're golden.

http://wizards.com/dnd/images/roe_gallery/88257.jpg
Well...here's a warforged pimp.

Explorer's Handbook also has a couple of components, although they've been generalized into universally usable items in MIC.

Devils_Advocate
2009-07-04, 11:24 AM
The funSmall-sized warforged are called "warforged scouts". Which is potentially confusing, since "Scout" is also the name of a class.

... So, a warforged scout, a warforged Scout, a warforged scout Scout, a beguiler, a Beguiler, and a beguiler Beguiler walk into a bar...

Coidzor
2009-07-04, 11:30 AM
The funSmall-sized warforged are called "warforged scouts". Which is potentially confusing, since "Scout" is also the name of a class.

... So, a warforged scout, a warforged Scout, a warforged scout Scout, a beguiler, a Beguiler, and a beguiler Beguiler walk into a bar...

I know! ...And I just found out about the beguiler species...x.x

TSED
2009-07-04, 11:38 AM
On the topic of warforged scouts... What do they have going for them over regular sized warforged? I really can't figure it out; all I see is a small size instead of medium and another -2.

Granted, I WAS only looking at Crystal Keep's version which isn't necessarily right (hey xvarts and your free 2 levels).

Keld Denar
2009-07-04, 11:43 AM
Beguiler Scouts and Warforged Scout Beguilers?

Warforged Beguiler Scout Beguiler Warforged Warforged Beguilers?

[/OotS MontyPython ripoff]

Waspinator
2009-07-04, 03:58 PM
Dude, check it out! I got my 'forged lowered and put in a custom spoiler and nitro injection system. This thing can totally roll!

And don't get me started on the sound system! I've never seen a sub so big on 'forged before. It can really POUND!

http://www.nuklearpower.com/2006/04/11/episode-683-pimp-my-bird/

And yeah, you can make almost any magic item as a Warforged component. Check the Eberron campaign setting, specificially the section with magic items like the battlefist. I believe it describes how to design other items like that.

Corwin Weber
2009-07-04, 04:43 PM

That's nothing.... I threw a coffee can muffler on mine... (don't ask where) and plenty of stickers. He's got so many stickers on him you can't see the original chassis. That's gotta be worth, what.... 2HP at least? :)

Keld Denar
2009-07-04, 04:48 PM
and plenty of stickers.

Stickers make you go faster!

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-07-04, 10:35 PM
On the topic of warforged scouts... What do they have going for them over regular sized warforged? I really can't figure it out; all I see is a small size instead of medium and another -2.

Granted, I WAS only looking at Crystal Keep's version which isn't necessarily right (hey xvarts and your free 2 levels).+2 Dex, -2 Str, Small size, all in addition to what a normal Warforged gets. Small size is pretty worth it.

Lert, A.
2009-07-04, 10:48 PM
I always ruled that they keep the +2 Con of the medium sized 'forged. Or, going by the fluff of them being better trackers, etc. remove the penalty to Wis.

Either way, it makes the choice a matter of flavor, like it was meant to be.

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-07-04, 11:41 PM
Stickers make you go faster!

...but only if they're red stickers.

Mando Knight
2009-07-04, 11:57 PM
Urge... to make Huge Warforged with embedded swords and a red & blue paint job... rising...

The thought is hovering over my head, like some kind of predatory bird.

Corwin Weber
2009-07-05, 12:00 AM
...but only if they're red stickers.

Mine says Vtech. That means mine has a 120'/rnd move rate and can fart lightning bolts.

chiasaur11
2009-07-05, 12:10 AM
Urge... to make Huge Warforged with embedded swords and a red & blue paint job... rising...

The thought is hovering over my head, like some kind of predatory bird.

Blast it Mando!

What are you playing at?

Coidzor
2009-07-05, 12:18 AM

Which 40K group is that?

chiasaur11
2009-07-05, 12:21 AM
Which 40K group is that?

All I knew is it's well and truly time I wasn't here, or else I won't be able to resist giving you... A SHORT, SHARP LESSON.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-07-05, 12:24 AM
http://wizards.com/dnd/images/roe_gallery/88257.jpg
Well...here's a warforged pimp.
There was a young warforced named Ace

Who wooed women at every place.

But once the ladies glanced at

His special enhancement

The vanished with nary a trace.

Alysar
2009-07-05, 12:30 AM
I'm planning on playing a druid warforged in an upcoming campaign. Technically, they are called 'magebred' in our setting (it's a public, online game, so I think there's a copyright issue), but it's basically the same thing. I don't know how genuine warforged work, but our magebred allow crystal to be used as an alternate material to get around the druid's "no metal armor" rule (it also makes druid the favored class)

I was hoping that when my character polymorphed, she (yes, she) would turn into construct versions of animals. I checked with the DM, and he said no. It would just be the normal versions of the animals.

I was severely disappointed.

Mando Knight
2009-07-05, 12:47 AM
All I knew is it's well and truly time I wasn't here, or else I won't be able to resist giving you... A SHORT, SHARP LESSON.

After all, if the previous references weren't obvious enough, what chance do we have?

chiasaur11
2009-07-05, 12:54 AM
After all, if the previous references weren't obvious enough, what chance do we have?

Well, if Mando can be really obvious, CAN I DO LESS?

AslanCross
2009-07-05, 01:10 AM

Granted, I WAS only looking at Crystal Keep's version which isn't necessarily right (hey xvarts and your free 2 levels).

Small size gives quite a bit. They're overall better rogues or scouts.
Warforged scout Scout. Heh.

SlyGuyMcFly
2009-07-05, 04:30 AM

I still donīt get it, and this makes me feel sad.

Coidzor
2009-07-05, 04:43 AM
Well, sorry for not being keyed into everything that you are. Jeez.

TSED
2009-07-05, 04:44 AM
Small size gives quite a bit. They're overall better rogues or scouts.
Warforged scout Scout. Heh.

Ehh, +4 hide / +1 ac / atk / -4 grapple / reduced movement rate.

The reduction to movement rate is a big problem in my eyes (at least for a scout).

Waspinator
2009-07-05, 11:47 AM
If you're going with a Psion or some other Intelligence-based casting class that doesn't have to worry about armor causing spell failure (like Beguiler), being a small size Warforged is probably worth it. Casters aren't really hurt by the smaller weapons that being small forces you to use and the AC and attack bonuses are still useful.

VirOath
2009-07-05, 12:15 PM
Okay, two Swords embedded into the arms(Double bonus points if they have the flaming enchant), Huge Sized Robot, Red and Blue paint job...

Can it get any more obvious?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt7iV9eJqhs

Now it just needs to be a Druid ^_^

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-07-05, 01:38 PM
I'm planning on playing a druid warforged in an upcoming campaign. Technically, they are called 'magebred' in our setting (it's a public, online game, so I think there's a copyright issue), but it's basically the same thing. I don't know how genuine warforged work, but our magebred allow crystal to be used as an alternate material to get around the druid's "no metal armor" rule (it also makes druid the favored class)

I was hoping that when my character polymorphed, she (yes, she) would turn into construct versions of animals. I checked with the DM, and he said no. It would just be the normal versions of the animals.

I was severely disappointed.There's an ACF that allows you to turn into Animated Objects instead of Elementals, IIRC. It's in one of the Eberron books.

chiasaur11
2009-07-06, 11:03 PM
Okay, two Swords embedded into the arms(Double bonus points if they have the flaming enchant), Huge Sized Robot, Red and Blue paint job...

Can it get any more obvious?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt7iV9eJqhs

Add in the rampant Furmanisms, and we got a few more hints.

Still, they were mostly hints towards people who already knwo.

Mando Knight
2009-07-06, 11:08 PM

TRUKK NOT MUNKY (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Trukk_not_munky)! :smalltongue:

No, seriously. Obscure references to popular media is the right of all sentient beings.

chiasaur11
2009-07-06, 11:11 PM
TRUKK NOT MUNKY (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Trukk_not_munky)! :smalltongue:

No, seriously. Obscure references to popular media is the right of all sentient beings.

Indeed. And let those who doubt REAP THE WHIRLWIND!