PDA

View Full Version : Hyrulian Races

Boomer
2005-06-16, 07:47 PM
Thank you for checking this topic.
I am big 2nd edition DND and other games RPG player. And this is mainly geared in that direction.

But a Tabletop Zelda... ported so easily to DND it seems. Granted, who wants to do the one-player, Hylian quest of Link. Why not a whole party of crazy peoples with differing abilities?

So, here are some of ym thoughts on the more popular races, and want to hear everyone elses two cents.

Goron
Generally taller than a human by anywhere from 2 to 4 ft. Exist on a diet of volcanic and other carbon-heavy rock.
Natural armor, a lot of it. Gorons are essentially living rock themselves.
Movement, under normal circumstances, just 10 ft. This is not a serious disadvantage for all Gorons, since most can not only curl up in a ball for protection, but can than roll at very High speeds. This is also used as a serious Ram attack, obliterating most objects in their path.
Gorons can not swim.
Preferred weapons are large hammers and two handed blades.

Gerudo
An all female race. Based on their class preference for rouges, I am guessing a dex bonus is in order... that's about all I can think of. Prefered weapons are anything that can be dual wielded, or has range, or reach.

Zora
An amphibious race of creatures, preferring aquatic environments. On Land, they operate very much like any person. Only problem being a dependency on water. Deserts and volcanic environments can be harmful, or even deadly, to an unprepared Zora.
In water, Zora can swim like dolphins.
Their arm fins can be used like weapons if they are trained, and in most cases Zora do prefer unarmed combat. Martial Artist would probably be the best class for them.
Anyone else care to share?

Sophistemon
2005-06-16, 09:09 PM
These are good ideas, but I think that you should elaborate on their racial benifits. For example, how powerful are the Goron ram attacks? How much damage do the Zora take while in a desert? Also, how does a fully female race survive without reproduction? Are they asexual?

Boomer
2005-06-16, 09:21 PM
That is where I was hoping I could get some help. The Zelda game system is quite diffrent from any other table-top game.

Goron ram attack tends to kill every animal, though not cows. Minor monsters and low level creatures like moblins (taking the shape of every goblinoid) tend to be either damaged or wounded.
Than there is the enhanced abaility Link learned in Goron form, where he could obliterate all in his path with the attack.

The Gerudo have a male born to them every 100 years. Nuff said...

Sneak
2005-06-16, 09:41 PM
The Gorons should have some kind of fire resistance. After all, they can walk around in lava without getting harmed at all. And maybe you could create other races from Zelda, like the people who live in Kokiri Forest, don't know what they're called, and the fairies (like Tatl).

And if the Gerudo have a male born every 100 years, then...how long do the Gerudo live? And also, did you make that up, or is that really part of Gerudos?

The Demented One
2005-06-16, 09:55 PM
The people who live in Kokiri forest are called Kokiri. ;D

Zik_Mage
2005-06-16, 10:13 PM
wow i'm a big zelda fan and love this idea!

Having a fairy race would be kinda difficult for a pc wouldnt it?

it also sounds like the goron's are a bit overpowered, and there should be some kind of set dice for their rolling damage, i suggest 1D12 (but that's pretty dam powerful for a natural attack)

The zora's favoured class should definitley be monk (sorry, i'm 3.5 thru and thru) and they would be great for multiple attacks, if i remember correctly, they can also use the fins on their arms for a sort of ranged boomerang attack. waterbreathing skills are a give in, also they would be weak in cold. a dexterity and intelligence bonus would suit them well, cuz they seem kinda like aquatic elves to me.

The_ChronoCatfish
2005-06-16, 10:15 PM
And if the Gerudo have a male born every 100 years, then...how long do the Gerudo live? And also, did you make that up, or is that really part of Gerudos?

No, he didn't make it up. But I dunno about the lifespans.

STATS PLZ

Pedantic
2005-06-16, 10:16 PM
I like this idea, when these are done I might just drop these into my campaign and see if my players get it.

Anyway, ideas, ideas

Kokiir are obviously small, and I'd give Zoras a swim speed. As for Gorons, I'm thinking fire resistance 10, some ability that doubles their weight penalty for swimming, and maybe a "Roll Speed." Why not use falling dmage for their roll attack, equal to the distance the rolled up to a maximum of thirty feet? Otherwise treat it as a bull rush.

Sneak
2005-06-16, 10:28 PM
The Kokiri would probably basically be small elves, maybe at level 2 of whatever class they are they would automatically get a Fairy, which would be like a familiar, unless they were wizards, sorcerors, rangers, or druids. If they were one of those classes, they would get Fairy as a choice for their animal companion or familiar. The stats for the fairy would probably be mainly intelligence and dexterity, maybe some wisdom, possibly CHA, but not a lot of strength or contitution. The fairies wouldn't be PCs.

The Kokiri would also probably have favored class either ranger or druid.

Cyclone231
2005-06-16, 10:56 PM
Kokiri would not make so hot PC races, since they can't leave the forest (unless you're going by Wind Waker. Actually, I'm not sure how that works). But, they'd probably be a NPC-Only race.

I actually found a huge ass repository of a Legend of Zelda d20 rules system. Quite amazing. It's well over a hundred pages long.

Gorons:
- Large Size: And all that entails. I can't remember what it does.
- Capable of surviving in heats and dryness that ordinary humans cannot.
- Eat rocks, sand and similar minerals for substinance.
- The rolling ability.
- Fire resistance.
- Natural armor, perhaps; but not if it, combined with the rolling ability, means the race is overpowered.

Gerudo live in the desert, so they'd have appropriate abilities; the ability to survive with little food or water, in high temperatures, to traverse difficult landscape, etc.

Zora have basically what you described there.

Kokiri have:
- A bonus to a mental stat or two, and a loss to a physical one. Maybe +2 to Intelligence and Wisdom, and a -2 to Strength.
- Fairy "familiars" naturally.
- An affinity with nature.
- An inability to leave their home.
- A knack with forest skills; most Kokiri homes (Ocarina of Time) are crafted out of trees.

Moblins have:
- Large size, and all that that entails.
- Low light vision (the only area I can think of that you encountered them in was rather dimly illuminated)
- Possibly an ability akin to a Barbarian's ability to Rage.

Ordinary Fairies have:
- Flight
- Magical capabilities (most characters in the game don't cast magic; it's Link and Fairies. Even the healing ones do it with magic).
- Long lifespans.

Winged One
2005-06-16, 11:46 PM
Hm...I respect the old school completely, but how about a more recent Zelda race: the Minish. Fine size, favored class: Wizard, and a bonus on Craft are what I can think of off the top of my head.

Boomer
2005-06-17, 12:47 AM
I also don't see the Kokiri, or the Koroks, or the Faeries, as being a PC race. And Wind Waker is a completely diffrent setting than Hyrule.

And wow, had no idea someone else had already gotten to the step of putting down solid stats.

Winged One
2005-06-17, 12:51 AM
Who mentioned Wind Waker?

Boomer
2005-06-17, 12:53 AM
Cyclone mentioned it.

Cyclone231
2005-06-17, 12:55 AM
And wow, had no idea someone else had already gotten to the step of putting down solid stats.
Yeah. Want the URL (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/da.vane/ZeldaD20.htm)?

Paper_Golem
2005-06-17, 12:57 PM
What's so bad about Gorons or other races being overpowered? That's what level adjustments are for.

Sophistemon
2005-06-17, 09:07 PM
That is where I was hoping I could get some help. The Zelda game system is quite diffrent from any other table-top game.

Goron ram attack tends to kill every animal, though not cows. Minor monsters and low level creatures like moblins (taking the shape of every goblinoid) tend to be either damaged or wounded.
Than there is the enhanced abaility Link learned in Goron form, where he could obliterate all in his path with the attack.

The Gerudo have a male born to them every 100 years. Nuff said...

Lucky males...

Jibar
2005-06-18, 01:41 AM
Okay, I've already had my own go at this, but by now I'd completely forgotten,
races
Gorons
Zoras
Dekus
Hylians
Gerudo
Minish
kokiri (can't leave the kokiri forest, but the lost woods are part of it, and the lost woods are huge)
Classess
(This is because certain classess couldn't be in Hyrule)
Barbarian
Bard
Fighter
Rogue
Druid
Sorcerer(because magic comes from magic power, not from a book, so the Sorcerer must be changed)
Monsters
Redeads
Moblins
Gibdos
Bats
Wolfos
Deku plants
Large deku plants
Skulltulas
Tekktites
Dodongos
Gohmas
(off the top of my head)

I won't do stats, cos I'm not all that good at it.

Now then, Wind waker is set in Old Hyrule, where it has flooded and all the mountains (which there are many now ???) tops have become islands. Old Hyrule as it shall later be known is underneath, and when Link sails off for his next adventure, afterwards the sea dries up, the people climb down from the mountains, and New Hyrule awaits them.
Just think of me as your Zelda guru.
And Vaati rules.

Calibron
2005-06-21, 05:25 PM
Hylians haven't been mentioned yet, do you plan on giving them human stats? 'cause there's really nothing that suggests that they are good at adapting to new situations(which is what the human Feat and skill point come from).

Gerudo women "kidnap" Hylian males in order to propagate the species, but the children are always considered Gerudo(and of course are always female). Also, remember that the male born to the Gerudo every hundred years becomes their king.

Don't forget about those lizards link sometimes fights, I believe they were called Lizalfos, they would make a good evil race, kind of like orcs.

Vil-hatarn
2005-06-21, 06:32 PM
Remember, though, Hylians have pointed ears. I'd say they're more like half-elves.

Cyclone231
2005-06-21, 07:23 PM
Yeah, since we all know that pointy ears automatically mean elf attributes. And the Kokiri are ALSO elves!

I'm fairly sure Hylians are a variant of humans, like those Calatians. I remember having read somewhere that Hylians are more adept at magic, and Calatians are physically stronger. It might not have been true, though. It might just have been fluff made up for the thing (it was an RPG).

Jibar
2005-06-22, 02:34 AM
Yer, hylians have a better flair for magic, and their pointed ears are just decoration, but there are legtends that say it allows them to hear the voices of the gods.
Good campaign idea that,
And say hello to Swiftfin, the Zora rogue, carrying the triforce of wisdom (not light, I need that triforce now.. :P).

Vil-hatarn
2005-06-22, 05:02 PM
I'd say the Kokiri are Small elves. While the Hylians are similar to half-elves, though they probably need different rules. I'd probably say...favored class wizard, but no modified abilities...maybe the listen/spot/search bonus. Not sure what else.

Cyclone231
2005-06-22, 05:23 PM
The Kokiri are more fey than humanoids. They have a variety of magical properties (like their inability to leave the forests, how they don't age normally), and they're definitely connected to nature. They also have fairies as companions naturally.

I'd say that the Hylians have the following traits:
- A +1 to caster level for the determining of spell effects
- Maybe a bonus to Listen checks
- +4 to skill points at first level, +1 for every level thereafter

Calatians, on the other hand, have something like:
- +1 Strength, +1 Constitution
- +4 to skill points at first level, +1 for every level thereafter

Kokiri would be easier to determine starting traits for:
- Ageless
- Need to stay in the forest
- Fairy companion
- Fey traits

Sophistemon
2005-06-22, 08:44 PM
What race would Ganon be? Is he human?

Vil-hatarn
2005-06-22, 09:14 PM
Ganon is a Gerudo; they're the most human of all the zelda races, but they might want regional bonuses for living in the desert?

Sophistemon
2005-06-22, 09:16 PM
Ah, Gerudo. I think that I knew that, but I probably didn't.

The_King_of_Durf
2005-06-22, 09:23 PM
What about dieties? The clerics and favored souls in this world would need something to worship. Kokiri clerics would probably worship nature. Maybe each race would worship a different element or something like that? Goron=Fire, Zora=Water, Kokiri=Earth, but I'm just spitting out random ideas. Maybe they worship the triforce, and the side they pick to worship has its own domain(s). Power=War, etc. It'd probably need new domains.

Boomer
2005-06-22, 09:49 PM
There are tons of diffrent deities. There are the Three Creator Goddesses.

Din-Used her flamings arms to shape the red earth of hyrule.. Granted Link the Fire-Ball spell in one game.
Good domains for her would be fire and Earth.
Her avatar was a dancer.

Nayru- Uh... forgot exactly what she did. But she is blue, Gave link a shield spell... her avatar was a harp player.

Farore-Created all spirits and life to uphold nature and the law. Gave Link the teleport ability. Good domains for her, Law and Nature.
Had no Avatar I am aware of.

Than there are a multitude of minor gods very limited in their domains and abilities. A small familiy of wind Gods, frog like, controlling diffrent weather effects.

And creatures with similar status that do not call themselves gods. Like Valoo, Dragon who took the sky as his domain. Known as the Sky spirit.
Lord Jabu-Jabu, the great fish that could control the waters, and protected the Zora race.
Deku Tree, a Large sentient tree created by Farore herself. Though when one dies, another will grow in it's place.

Hmmm... so many.

Cyclone231
2005-06-22, 09:53 PM
They could also worship:
- Din, Goddess of Power (and Fire)
- Nayru, Goddess of Wisdom (and Love)
- Farore, Goddess of Courage (and Wind)
- Jabu Jabu, the giant fish, guardian of the Zora's
- The Great Deku Tree, a huge ent-like creature, guardian of the Kokiri
- The Triforce
- That huge dragon from Wind Waker

Darn, Boomer beat me to it.

Boomer
2005-06-22, 09:58 PM
The Triforce is more of a Relic or Artifact. Created by the goddesses for the people of hyrule to use.

There was a great war fought over it, I would love to play a game set in that time period, a Pre-Ganon adventure.

The best thing Ganon did was polarize most of the worlds evil around himself, becoming the greatest threat, and doing a good job of killing off the others or setting them up to be killed by the various Links that arose to fight him.

Jibar
2005-06-23, 02:22 AM
people do know in the great timeline, ocarina of Time was first right?
The geart war with all the sages?
Who fought against Ganaon with the help of lots of sages?

Winged One
2005-06-23, 02:27 AM
Link, the one in Ocarina of Time.

Boomer
2005-06-24, 07:04 PM
Yes, the Ocarina of Time was meant to be the beginning, the origins of Ganon are there, everything to start it off.

Wind Waker is meant to be the ultimate end, it has the death of Ganon and the final destruction of Hyrule.

Jibar
2005-06-25, 02:34 AM
What!?
wind waker is after Ocarina, because it's Old hyrule (Ocarina hyrule), and it drains out later to show New hyrule, which I think, is Link to the Past, but don't quote me on that,

Boomer
2005-06-25, 07:03 PM
The water is never drained out, and there is no Old or New Hyrule.

There is one, and only one hyrule.

Hyrules beginnings are in the game Ocarina of time, which is not truly an ultimate beginning, but it is at least the beginning of Ganon's many attempts to take Hyrule and the Triforce.

At some point, Ganon will try, no great Hero will appear, and Ganon will win. But, the gods will not let him win so easily, and will simply have hyrule buried underneathe miles of endless ocean.
In Wind Waker, Ganon finds a way out, and FINALLY a new hero arrives to stop him. In the end, Ganon is not sealed away, HE IS KILLED. Once and for all! Than Hyrule is destroyed, not merely buried, HYRULE IS OBLITERATED!

The Oceans never recede. Hyrule is gone.

...Captain Tetra, and the Hero of Winds, journey to create a new land after that.

Cyclone231
2005-06-25, 09:12 PM
Ganon isn't dead, he's just been turned to stone at the end of Wind Waker. Notice how, when Link stuck the sword in his head, he turned all grey? That's because he was petrified.

Jibar
2005-06-26, 03:04 AM
wwww.legendofzelda.com/
They've got the storyline and timeline that nintendo have said is correct,
Also, if there's no different hyrules, how come Hyrule changes between a link to the past and Ocarina of Time?
ganon has dabbled in dark magic too far too die, now he's even too powerful for the master sword to kill him, hat's why he turned to stone. eventually even that won't work, and the new reincarnation of Link will have to find a new weapon with which to defeat him.
Thjere are only 4 great weapons in the world though,
The master sword
The four sword
The magic sword
The geart fairy sword
And soon, none of them can defeat gannondorf, at which point he will gather all the pieces of the Triforce as he did in a Link to the past, but then, then he won't have taken over the sacred realm, he'll have taken over Hyrule, and all the lands nearby, until he eventually ruled the world.
And still, after saying all that, I'm still in a good mood, ;)

Jibar
2005-06-27, 11:49 AM
So then, anyone going to give us enemy stats?
All this talk has made me want to amke an actual Swiftfin character sheet...

firepup
2005-12-29, 02:13 AM
oh and just to mention, kokiri don't ever age physically, but they can die of old age, if not in a forest.

Maryring
2005-12-29, 08:39 AM
Farore had an avatar. A book keeping oracle of secrets.

Yuki Akuma
2005-12-29, 10:22 AM
God damnit, how did I miss this thread?

I've given a lot of thought for a D20 Hyrule campaign setting... Although I haven't worked on it for ages. Here are some things I came up with:

Keese

Keese
Tiny Magical Beast
Hit Dice 2d10-2 (9 hp)
Initiative +3
Speed 5ft. (1 square), fly 50ft. (perfect)
Armour Class 15 (10+ 2 size, +3 Dex), flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple +4/-6
Attack Bite, +5 melee (1d6-3 plus Blood Drain)
Full Attack Bite, +5 melee (1d6-3 plus Blood Drain)
Space/Reach 2-½ ft./0ft.
Special Attacks Blood Drain, Chatter
Special Qualities Blindsight, Cold Resistance 2, Dark Vision 60ft., Fire and Ice, Fire Resistance 2, Light Blindness, Low-light vision.
Saves Fort +1, Will +1, Ref +6
Abilities Str 4, Dex 16, Con 8, Int 6, Wis 8, Cha 5
Skills Spot +1, Listen +7*
Feats Flyby Attack (bonus feat), Weapon Finesse (Bite).
Environment Any
Organization Solitary, pair, or flight (2-6 plus 1d2 Fire Keese).
Challenge Rating 1
Treasure None
Alignment Usually Chaotic Evil
Advancement 3-6 HD (Tiny)
Level Adjustment –

This creature resembles a small bat, with large, pointed fangs. It emits an annoying squeeking sound as it flies at you.

Keese are bat-like creatures created from evil magic. They are generally harmless on their own, but in large numbers they can be overwhelming.
Keese are around one foot long, and weight 20 pounds.
Combat
Keese usually swoop in quickly, suck blood, and then retreat. In larger numbers they tend to surround oponents, sucking them dry.

Blindsight (Ex): A Keese can sense any creature within 50ft. as if it could see it. If deafened or silenced, a Keese cannot use its blindsight.
Blood Drain (Ex): Whenever a Keese hits with its bite attack, it drains some of the target’s blood. The target must make a Fortitude save (DC 10) or take 1 point of Constitution damage from blood loss. The save DC is Constitution-based.
Chatter (Ex): A Keese constantly emits annoying, high-pitched squeeks. Every round, any creature other than a Keese must make a Concentration check against DC 10 or suffer a –1 penalty to attack rolls against any Keese for that round. This is a sonic mind-affecting effect.
Fire and Ice (Su): Any Keese which comes into contact with flames (or is attacked with a fire damage dealing attack) immediately transforms into a Fire Keese. Also, any Keese which comes into contact with Blue Fire (or is attacked with a cold damage dealing attack) immediately transforms into an Ice Keese. This ability cannot be suppressed.
Light Blindness (Ex): If subjected to any form of bright light (a Daylight spell, for instance), a Keese becomes temporarily blind. It must rely on its Blindsight ability until it reaches darkness.
Skills: *Keese have a +5 racial bonus on Listen checks, thanks to their keen ears.

Fire Keese
Tiny Magical Beast
Hit Dice 2d10 (11 hp)
Initiative +3
Attack Bite, +5 melee (1d6 plus Blood Drain)
Full Attack Bite, +5 melee (1d6 plus Blood Drain)
Space/Reach 2-½ ft./0ft.
Special Qualities Blindsight, Cold Vulnerability, Dark Vision 60ft., Fire Resistance 5, Heat, Light Blindness, Low-light vision
Saves Fort +3, Will +1, Ref +6
Abilities Str 10, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 8, Cha 5
Environment Any
Organization Solitary, pair, or flight (4-8 ).
Challenge Rating 2
Treasure None
Level Adjustment –

A high-pitched chattering fills the warming air, as this flaming, bat-like creature dives down at you.

Fire Keese are a more powerful version of an ordinary Keese, imbued with powers of fire. They generate intense heat, making it uncomfortable to be in the same room as them.
Fire Keese are around one foot long, and weight 20 pounds.

Combat
Fire Keese tend to use their Heat ability in conjunction with their Bite and Blood Drain, to devastating effect.
Blindsight (Ex): A Fire Keese can sense any creature within 50ft. as if it could see it. If deafened or silenced, a Fire Keese cannot use its blindsight.
Blood Drain (Ex): Whenever a Fire Keese hits with its bite attack, it drains some of the target’s blood. The target must make a Fortitude save (DC 11) or take 1 point of Constitution damage from blood loss. The save DC is Constitution-based.
Chatter (Ex): A Fire Keese constantly emits annoying, high-pitched squeeks. Every round, any creature other than a Keese must make a Concentration check against DC 10 or suffer a –1 penalty to attack rolls against any Keese for that round. This is a sonic mind-affecting effect.
Heat (Su): Fire Keese produce an amazing amount of heat. When within 20ft. of a Fire Keese, any creature not a Fire Keese must make a fortitude save (DC 10) or suffer 1d2 points of subdual damage. Also, whenever a creature is damaged by a Fire Keese’s Bite attack, the creature takes an additional 1d3 points of fire damage.
Light Blindness (Ex): If subjected to any form of bright light (a Daylight spell, for instance), a Fire Keese becomes temporarily blind. It must rely on its Blindsight ability until it reaches darkness.
Skills: *Fire Keese have a +5 racial bonus on Listen checks, thanks to their keen ears.

Ice Keese
Tiny Magical Beast
Hit Dice 2d10 (11 hp)
Initiative +3
Attack Bite, +5 melee (1d6 plus Blood Drain)
Full Attack Bite, +5 melee (1d6 plus Blood Drain)
Space/Reach 2-½ ft./0ft.
Special Qualities Blindsight, Cold, Cold Resistance 5, Dark Vision 60 ft., Fire Vulnerability, Light Blindness, Low-Light Vision.
Saves Fort +3, Will +1, Ref +6
Abilities Str 10, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 8, Cha 5
Environment Any
Organization Solitary, pair, or flight (4-8 ).
Challenge Rating 2
Treasure None
Level Adjustment 

The air begins to chill, as a bat-like creature swoops down, emitting an ear-splitting screech.

Ice Keese are Keese imbued with cold magic, making them absorb heat from around them, and destroying it.
Ice Keese are around one foot long, and weight 20 pounds.

Combat
Ice Keese hate warm-blooded creatures, and attack them on sight, even other Keese. They make use of the same hit-and-run tactics as other Keese.
Blindsight (Ex): An Ice Keese can sense any creature within 50ft. as if it could see it. If deafened or silenced, an Ice Keese cannot use its blindsight.
Blood Drain (Ex): Whenever an Ice Keese hits with its bite attack, it drains some of the target’s blood. The target must make a Fortitude save (DC 11) or take 1 point of Constitution damage from blood loss. The save DC is Constitution-based.
Chatter (Ex): An Ice Keese constantly emits annoying, high-pitched squeeks. Every round, any creature other than a Keese must make a Concentration check against DC 10 or suffer a –1 penalty to attack rolls against any Keese for that round. This is a sonic mind-affecting effect.
Cold (Su): Ice Keese absorb heat, destroying it. Any warm-blooded creature within 20ft.of an Ice Keese takes 1d2 of subdual damage. In addition, any warm-blooded creature hit by an Ice Keese’s bite attack sustains an additional 1d3 points of cold damage.
Light Blindness (Ex): If subjected to any form of bright light (a Daylight spell, for instance), an Ice Keese becomes temporarily blind. It must rely on its Blindsight ability until it reaches darkness.
Skills: *Ice Keese have a +5 racial bonus on Listen checks, thanks to their keen ears.

Sheikah

Sheikah, 1st level Warrior
Medium Humanoid (Sheikah)
Hit Dice 1d8+1 (5 hp)
Initiative +1
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armour Class 14 (10 +1 Dexterity modifier +2 leather armour)
Base Attack/Grapple +1/+1
Attack Rapier +2 melee (1d5/18-20) or 3 Sheikah Needles +2 ranged (1)
Full Attack Rapier +2 melee (1d5/18-20) or 3 Sheikah Needles +2 ranged (1)
Space/Reach 5 ft./5ft.
Special Attacks None
Special Qualities Dimension Door, Low-light vision, Sheikah Traits.
Saves Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +0
Abilities Str 11, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 8.
Skills Listen +2, Search +2, Spot +2
Feats Weapon Finesse (rapier)
Environment Any
Organization Solitary, Protector (1 plus 1-4 charges), Squad (2–4 plus 1 3rd level captain plus 5-20 charges)
Challenge Rating 1
Treasure Standard
Alignment Often Lawful Neutral.
Advancement By character class.
Level Adjustment +1

This humanoid appears to be Hylian, although he looks very lithe and agile. It is difficult to see his face, because it is wrapped in bandages. He has a strange symbol on his chest: It appears to be an eye with a single teardrop below it.

The Skeikah, also known as the Shadow People, are an ancient tribe, almost indistinguishable from Hylians. Sheikah have been used as bodyguards for as long as anybody can remember. Loyal and fierce, Sheikah will go to any lengths to protect their charges.
Sheikah look almost exactly like Hylians, although they are slightly lighter.
Most Sheikah encountered outside their homes are warriors; the information presented here is for one of 1st level.
Combat
Sheikah are all very nimble, and are skilled in the art of stealth. They can attack from shadows without being seen by any but the most trained eyes.
Sheikah Traits (Ex): Sheikah posses the following racial traits.
+2 Dexterity, -2 Strength.
Medium size.
Low-light vision.
Automatic languages: Hylian, Sheikah. Bonus languages: Goron, Kokiri, and Zoran.
Sheikah are proficient in all simple weapons, as well as spiked chains and Sheikah Needles.
Sheikah gain a +4 racial bonus on any Craft checks related to manufacturing needles and other thin metal objects. All Sheikah are trained to make Sheikah Needles from a young age.
Sheikah gain a +2 racial bonus to Listen, Spot and Search checks, thanks to their keen senses.
Favoured class: Rogue.
Dimension Door (Sp): Once per day, a Sheikah may use the spell Dimension Door as a standard action. This works just like the spell of the same name (caster level equal to character level), except that it is punctuated by a cloud of smoke, which dissipates in 1 round, filling an area five feet by five feet.

Sheikah Needles
These are tiny exotic thrown weapons, which cost 1 GP each. On a successful hit, they deal 1 point of piercing damage (x2 critical). Those untrained with them may only throw one per attack, although those who are proficient with them may throw up to three.
When used as a melee attack, they are deal 1 point of piercing damage on a successful hit (x2 critical). As they are not meant for this purpose, all characters suffer a –4 penalty for not being proficient with them. This does not stack with the normal penalty for not being proficient with them.

Sheikah Society
Sheikah do not have a visible society, as most live far away from any of their kind, protecting their charges. Sheikah usually develop deep friendships with their charges, devoting their entire lives to them and their family. Sheikah live for many centuries, and usually stay with the same family their entire lives.
The Sheikah symbol, an eye with a single teardrop below it, is eerily similar to the symbol that is carved into the Gossip Stones. In fact, the Gossip Stones were created by the Royal Family, and the symbol was engraved apon them to honour their Sheikah friends.
The symbol represents the many hardships the Sheikah race has been through. Some say that the Sheikah are actually the true Hylians of the world, the ones created by the three Goddesses themselves. Indeed, Sheikah seem to never age, due to their incredibly long life spans.

Sheikah Characters
Sheikah are almost always rogues, although some have been known to become monks, rangers, or bards. Sheikah clerics are rare, but those who do choose the path of a cleric usually worship Din, Farore, or Nayru.
Worshippers of Din gain access to two of the following domains: Fire, Good, Protection, and Strength.
Worshippers of Farore gain access to two of the following domains: Air, Courage, Good, Growth and Protection.
Worshippers of Nayru gain access to two of the following domains: Good, Knowledge, Love, and Protection.
Sheikah with levels in NPC classes have a challenge rating equal to their levels in that class. Sheikah with levels in PC classes have a challenge rating equal to their levels in that class +1.

Zora

Zora, 1st level Warrior
Medium Humanoid (Zora) (Aquatic)
Hit Dice 1d8 (4 hp)
Initiative +1
Speed 30 ft (6 squares), swim 50 ft.
Armour Class 13 (10 +1 Dex +2 leather armour)
Base Attack/Grapple +1/+2
Attack Longsword +2 melee (1d8+1/19-20) or hand crossbow +2 ranged (1d4/19-20)
Full Attack Longsword +3 melee (1d8+1/19-20) or hand crossbow +2 ranged (1d4/19-20)
Space/Reach 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks None
Special Qualities Amphibious, Fire Vulnerability, Resistance to Electricity 5, Zora Traits
Saves Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +0
Abilities Str 13, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 8.
Skills Hide +3, Swim +7*, Listen +2, Spot +1, Search +1
Feats Weapon Focus (longsword)
Environment Temperate aquatic.
Organization Squad (2–4), company (11–20 plus 2 3rd-level sergeants and 1 leader of 3rd–6th level), or band (30–100 plus 20% noncombatants plus 1 3rd-level sergeant per 10 adults, 5 5th-level lieutenants, and 3 7th-level captains)
Challenge Rating 1
Treasure Standard.
Alignment Usually Good (any)
Advancement By character class.
Level Adjustment +1

Before you stands a fish-like humanoid, with pale, silvery skin, and large, black eyes. The creature’s hairless head ends in a long, fishlike tail, which reaches down two thirds of the humanoid’s height. Both of the humanoid’s legs have long fins sprouting from the ankles, which are about the same length as the creature’s arms. The creature also has two fins sprouting from its wrists, which are about the length of its hands.

Zoras are the amphibious humanoids of Hyrule’s rivers and lakes. They are generally reclusive, although they are in no way xenophobic. They gladly welcome visitors to their domains, as long as they bear no ill will towards them.
A Zora’s skin ranges from silvery blue to light green. Their eyes can be any dark colour, although most are black or dark blue. An average male Zora stands at around six and a half feet, and weighs about one hundred pounds.
Zoras speak Zoran and most also speak Aquan and Hylian.
Most Zoras encountered outside their homes are warriors; the information presented here is for one of 1st level.

Combat
Zoras use the water to their advantage, diving in and attacking with ranged weapons. If no water is available, Zoras prefer to fight hand-to-hand, using their excellent manual dexterity to hit accurately.

Zora Traits (Ex): Zoras posses the following racial traits.
+2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -2 Constitution.
Medium size.
Amphibious: A Zora can survive indefinitely on land.
Zoras receive a +2 bonus to Tumble and Balance checks. *Zoras receive a +8 bonus to Swim checks to perform a special action, and can always take 10 on Swim checks, even when hurried or threatened.
Automatic languages: Aquan, Hylian, and Zoran. Bonus languages: Ancient Hylian, Goron, Rito, and Zola.
Zoras are proficient in all simple weapons, and all those that Monks are proficient with. Zoras use their Dexterity or Strength modifier for unarmed attacks, whichever is higher.
Favoured class: Monk.

Zora Society
Zoras tend to live in caves by fresh water rivers and lakes, or even caves in the lakes. Zoras don’t like swimming in salt water, as it hurts their gills.
Zoras are ruled by a monarch, King Zora, who lives in Zora’s Domain, which is just under Zora Fountain in the North East of Hyrule.
Zoras worship Jabu-Jabu, the Spirit of Water.

Zora Characters
Zora leaders tend to be monks, although many other Zoras are too. Zora spellcasters tend to be bards, although there are some Zora sorcerers and clerics. Zora clerics usually worship Jabu-Jabu, and gain access to two of the following domains: Law, Protection, and Water.
Zora clerics who do not worship Jabu-Jabu still gain access to the Water Domain.
Zoras with levels in NPC classes have a challenge rating equal to their levels in that class. Zoras with levels in PC classes have a challenge rating equal to their levels in that class +1.

And that's all I can be bothered to post right now...

Renloth
2005-12-29, 12:01 PM
Might wanna check out this place...
Zelda D20 (http://s12.invisionfree.com/Zeldad20/index.php?act=idx)

firepup
2005-12-29, 04:07 PM
i agree with renloth.

redwingdragon13
2005-12-29, 09:56 PM
You can just homebrew anything that's missing.
Now just to find an online group willing to run through a Zelda campaign, or merely make one myself. I wonder if there is a Final Fantasy D20 lying somewhere in the internet...

Renloth
2005-12-29, 10:31 PM
There is, but well... Its really horrid, and by that I mean REALLY bad.

The Returners Final Fantasy RPG looks fairly good, its not D20 though.

redwingdragon13
2005-12-29, 11:27 PM
Thanks, that (http://www.returnergames.com/wiki/) looks interesting. Guess I haven't googled enough, or for the right things, to find the wealth of P&P RPG's available for Video Game settings.

Darkshot
2005-12-30, 02:12 AM
Yeah, the true first game is Minish Cap, for it has the Minish creating the Master Sword, which appears in OoT. The last game so far is The Adventures of Link, which has Ganon actually dead, and his followers trying to revive him. Also, for the Zelda D20 thing, I believe Kokiri should take 1d6 damage per round when they step outside of the forest. Also Gorons rolling up should take one round, and they can only move in one direction (Up, down, left, right). Zoras follow the same rules as Kokiri for places of great heat. Here are the gods.

Din-Power
Farore-Courage
Nayru-Wisdom
Majora-Chaos
Oni-War
Green frog guy(Forgot his name)-Wind
Red frog guy- Storms

That would be all I can currently thnk of. Also all Zora should have a ranged attack (Arm fins) possibly doing 2d6 damage (one per arm).