PDA

View Full Version : V will soon be back to crappy shape.

Cizak
2009-07-04, 02:34 PM
V's magic failed once again, so why would the memory (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0623.html) stop? S/he still won't trance, and soon s/he'll look crappy again.

factotum
2009-07-04, 02:54 PM
Because V has finally learned that magic alone isn't the solution to everything. The bad memory was so bad to him because it cut right to the core of his belief in magic as being the ultimate answer to every problem; now he can let that belief go, and therefore will be able to accept the memory for what it is.

Kaytara
2009-07-04, 03:06 PM
Because saving O-Chul gave V a sense of closure and helped him defeat the nightmares.

Because V now knows that you have to count the victories you have. Dwelling on what one MIGHT have done leads to madness.

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-07-04, 03:22 PM
All good answers!

Although I personally believe that it's because V has seen the light that is O-Chul and has now obtained enlightenment.

Cizak
2009-07-04, 03:52 PM
Okay, I'll admit this thread was fail on my part :smalltongue:

Dark Faun
2009-07-04, 04:11 PM
And I'll admit I was pondering the issue as well. I feared Vaarsuvius would still be unable to trance.

Ron Miel
2009-07-04, 04:50 PM
The problem before was that he felt guilt about running away while others died. This doesn't make sense. The battle was lost, retreating was the only sensible option, the soldiers who ran to the caves and formed the Resistance did more good than the ones who stayed and died, but guilt isn't logical. Now that he has done something brave, going back to save O-Chul, it will help him to realise that he isn't a coward.

King of Nowhere
2009-07-04, 06:59 PM
V felt guilty because he abandoned the soldiers to death and wasn't able to turn the battle.
Now V saved O-Chul and understood that "ye cannae beat yerself up o'er what ye might've done". So problem solved.