PDA

View Full Version : Critique/Steal my Magic Item

Beholden_Caulfield
2005-12-25, 10:40 PM
Cape of the Matador

This blood-red mantle resembles an ordinary cape when worn over the shoulders, but when unclasped and wielded in the off-hand (a move action) grants a +4 competence bonus to feint checks and removes the usual -8 penalty for performing a feint against a creature of animal intelligence. While using the Cape of the Matador the wielder may perform a feint as a move action as though he had the Improved Feint feat, even if he does not qualify for this feat.

Faint enchantment; CL 3rd; Craft Wondrous Item, daze monster; Price 8400 gp; Weight 1 lb.

I figured the feat was worth about 5000, which seems to be the going price for feat-like benefits on wondrous items. 1600 for the bonus to bluff times 1.5 (since it's an additional ability on the item) makes 2400, and I charged 1000 for the animal penalty thing, which I just pulled out of thin air. Any thoughts?

Everyman
2005-12-26, 01:17 AM
Well, it's a 2nd level spell being used, the CL is right, enchantment's the right school, and it grants the use of a feat.

I'm not an expert, but your calculations and listing looks about right. The only problem I see is that the creator should probably know Improved Feint in order to make the cape, though I could be wrong about that.

Anywho, good job. Looks good.

Marak_Knight
2005-12-26, 06:45 AM
I like this item a lot. Heres a suggestion for an extra power.

By sweeping the cloak over an animal and using a command word the weilder may reduce that animal to Tiny size and store it in an extra dimensional pocket inside the cloak for up to 6 hours per day. The animal may be released and returned to its normal size at any time by using a second command word.

I would add around 2500gp to price and add Enlarge/Reduce as another required spell if you wanted to use the power.

Democratus
2005-12-26, 11:09 AM
Another power of this item could be "Taunt". The target animal must make a will save or charge the bearer of the cape.