PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] The Colorless Chameleon

Naggarath
2009-07-05, 08:09 AM
Hi guys, new to the playground, but I have been doing a s**tload of custom stuff for a very long time. All from classes, prestige classes and feats to alternative class features sso now I just thought that I'd share it with some people other than my usual gaming group. It's to be said that I write stuff exclusively using the pathfinder system, but it's not really that changed so your opininons should be quite compatible. The only thing that has really changed is the level of power, so if you evaluate my stuff you should keep in mind that it's likely to be a bit more powerful than the usual 3.5 DnD stuff. But you can always compare it to the True Necromancer found in Libris Mortis (or the book of incorrect grammar) since it's most likely the most powerful prestige class ever to be printed by WotC. But anyways here's my first PrC thingy for you to read; hoping for some feedback! - By the way, I don't include descriptions of my classes unless they are requested.

Colorless Chameleon

Hit Die: d8.

Requirements.
To qualify to become a colorless chameleon, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
Alignment: Any Neutral.
Feats: Alertness, Skill Focus: Disguise, Skill Focus: Bluff.
Skills: Bluff 5 ranks, Disguise 5 ranks, Stealth 5 ranks.

Class Skills.
A colorless chameleon's skills are Acrobatics (Dex), Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Disable Device (Dex), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Knowledge Arcana (Int), Knowledge Planes (Int), Linguistics (Int), Perception (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Stealth (Dex) and Use Magic Device (Cha).
Skill Points at Each Level: 8 + int modifier.

Class Features.
All of the following are class features of the colorless chameleon prestige class.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A colorless chameleon doesn't gain any proficiency with any weapons, armors or shields.

Avoid Detection(Su): The colorless chameleon is always treated as being under the effect of a nondetection spell with a caster level equal to the HD of the colorless chameleon and he always knows if anyone tries to scry on him, detect his alignment, thoughts or in any other manner 'scan' him for information. The colorless chameleon instantly knows when anyone tries to gain any kind of knowledge about him through magical means and he is aware of which direction the person trying to scan him is.

Sneak Attack: At 1st, 3rd and 5th level the colorless chameleon adds another +1d6 damage to his sneak attack pool.

Grace of the Unseen(Ex): At 2nd level, the colorless chameleon gains the ability to avoid being perceived even by the naked eye. He gains a bonus to his bluff, disguise and stealth checks equal to his colorless chameleon class level.

Ghost's Gift(Su): At 2nd level, the colorless chameleon learns a technique that makes him extremely hard to hit in combat. Whenever he wants, the colorless chameleon can seem as if he is somehow transparent as if his whole body flickers. When he activates this ability, the colorless chameleon gains a deflection bonus to his AC equal to his charisma modifier (if any).

Ghostly Visage(Su): At 4th level, the colorless chameleon is becomes able to call upon spirits, granting him the ability to instill fear in his enemies, frightening them and perhaps even paralyzing them. The colorless chameleon can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 1 + his wisdom modifier, the effect lasts for 1 minute per use. When the colorless chameleon activates this ability, any designated creature in a radius of 60-ft must make a will save (DC: 10 + ½ the colorless chameleon' HD + the colorless chameleon' Charisma modifier) or become shakened for 1d4+2 rounds. The victim must make a consecutive save the round after, if that also fails, the victim is frightened until the end of the effect. If the victim fails the second saving throw he must, on the third round, make yet another will save or become panicked for the duration of the effect. If the victim successfully saves on the first saving throw, the effect is negated, if he first succeeds on the second save he is shaken for the rest of the duration, if first on the third save, he is frightened until the end of the duration. Once the duration is up, the victim is out of line of sight to the colorless chameleon or the victim saves against the first saving throw, the effect ends and the victim can't be affected by the same colorless chameleon' ghostly visage ability for the next 24 hours.

Counter Detect(Su): At 5th level the colorless chameleon gains the ability to gaze back upon anyone trying to access him by the means of a divination spell. Every time he is subject to a divination spell that reveals any information about him to the caster, the colorless chameleon may attempt a will save opposed by a will save from the caster and if successful, the colorless chameleon gains the benefit of spell cast, in regards to the caster instead.

The Colorless Chameleon.
Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special
1 +0 0 2 2 Avoid Detection, Sneak Attack +1d6
2 +1 0 3 3 Grace of the Unseen, Ghost's Gift
3 +2 1 3 3 Sneak Attack +2d6
4 +3 1 4 4 Ghostly Visage
5 +3 1 4 4 Counter Detect, Sneak Attack +3d6