PDA

View Full Version : Challenge rating for Supergirl?

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-07-05, 08:16 AM
Here are stats for a very early version of supergirl. What CR would you assign to her?

Kara In-Ze, young Supergirl
Size/Type: medium humanoid (extraplanar; from alternate reality)
Class: Barbarian 8 / Fighter 2 / Monk 2
Hit Dice: 8d12+2d10+2d8+216 (277 HP)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 260 ft, fly 520 ft.
Armor Class: 37 (1 dodge, 4 dex, 3 monk, 13 armor, 6 shield, +10 vs touch)
Base Attack/Grapple: +11/+38
Attack: Fist +27 melee (1d6+24)
Full Attack: Fist +27/+22/+17 melee
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Class abilities: Fast Movement, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Trap Sense +3, Rage 3/day, DR 1/-, Flurry of Blows, Improved Unarmed Strike, Evasion, AC bonus
Superpowers: Superstrength 12 (+24 str, counts as huge if beneficial), Nigh Invulnerability 12 (+24 con, DR 18/Kryptonite), Resilience 10 (Resist all 40, +10 bonus to touch AC/will save), Superspeed 11 (+220 speed, Fly double speed, Extra Standard Action, Pounce), Supersenses 10 (10x sight/hearing range, X-ray, Broad Spectrum), Energy Attack: Heat Vision 11 (22d6 fire ray), Energy Attack: Arctic Breath 8 (16d6 cold cone), Healing Factor 10
Power Cosmic: +4 enhancement to strength/dexterity/constitution, +4 enhancement to saves, bonuses as per +2 mountain plate, bonuses as per +2 tower shield, bonuses as per +1 amulet of mighty fists (but weapons are not considered magic for the purposes of overcoming DR/resistances)
Weaknesses: Arcane Spells and weapons enhanced by arcane spells ignore Super and Cosmic bonuses (Major). Red Sun radiation reduces Super and Cosmic powers by 1d3 points total per round of exposure at normal strength exposure. Increased or decreased doses increase or decrease penalties accordingly (minor). Kryptonite negates super and cosmic powers and deals 1d6 points of lethal damage and strength damage/round for 1 pound of Kryptonite at 10 ft range. Increased or decreased proximity accordingly decreases/increases the amount of Kryptonite needed to negate powers. Higher amounts than normal proportionately increase lethal/strength damage. Lower amounts than normal proportionately decrease power diminishing (minor)
Saves: Fort +30, Ref +14, Will +20
Abilities: Str 41, Dex 18, Con 46, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 15
Skills: 82 skill points
Feats: Imp. Bull Rush, Shock Trooper, Leap Attack, Dodge, Kung-Fu genius
Bonus Feats: IUS, Imp. Grapple, Deflect Bullets, Power Attack, Combat Expertise, Mobility, Elusive Target
Flaws: Inattentive, Bloodlust
Environment: Metropolis
Organization: Justice League (tenuous)
Challenge Rating:
Treasure: Power Cosmic
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Advancement: By class and powers

Zeta Kai
2009-07-05, 10:53 AM
From my calculations based off of this system (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43009), combined with a large grain of salt & some serious guestimation, I'd say she's somewhere around CR25. Give or take 2.

Triaxx
2009-07-05, 02:11 PM
I'd add ten for all the extra powers, including the extra DR/kryptonite.

I'd call her Neutral Good rather than Chaotic, but that's up to you.

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-07-05, 02:30 PM
Wait, CR 25?

A dragon CR 25 has three times the HP, double the saves, double the attack, just as many attacks/round, no weakness to magic, twice as many feats, more AC and casts as a 17th level sorceror.

Lysander
2009-07-05, 02:46 PM
This doesn't have to do with her CR, but I think her breath attack should also function as gust of wind, and it might be neat to give her a sonic hand clap attack.

nysisobli
2009-07-05, 04:03 PM
umm power cosmic is marvel, you might want to call it something different

TSED
2009-07-05, 04:25 PM
I really don't think you statted her up properly.

I mean, she can move so quickly that she is invisible. That is because she is buzzing back and forth so fast that light doesn't bounce off of her.

Kryptonians can lift skyscrapers (a HECK of a lot higher than a heavy load for a str41 medium strength humanoid). Tank shells bounce off of them like snowballs off a tank.

I could go on but DC makes me feel queezy from all the cheese.

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-07-05, 05:37 PM
It's young supergirl. As in, just came to Earth and her powers have just started developing.

BTW, she can lift 50 tons with that strenght. It's not THAT weak.

imp_fireball
2009-07-06, 01:12 PM
I mean, she can move so quickly that she is invisible. That is because she is buzzing back and forth so fast that light doesn't bounce off of her.

Super Evasion? However many levels of superspeed? Check out dicefreaks for superspeed rules. Also, invisibility is at GM discretion. Someone that's moving fast enough can logically avoid LOS completely (although it might provoke a spot check, and depending on the success they either discern that it's supergirl or that it's just a shapeless blur)... of course, there's also the fact that her movement can be 'felt'.

Kryptonians can lift skyscrapers (a HECK of a lot higher than a heavy load for a str41 medium strength humanoid). Tank shells bounce off of them like snowballs off a tank.

Str42 is about the strength of spider-man (I would argue) on a normal day. With action points, he could increase that (assuming action points can do anything).

Lots of levels in superstrength (again, dicefreaks) would allow supergirl to lift a skyscraper. Also, you could either give her amazing recovery and DR 50/kryptonite or DR 100/kryptonite (dicefreaks made superman have DR/magic).

Amazing recovery converts all lethal damage that bypasses into non-lethal given a period of rest (standard action).

Also, there's vitality points, which dicefreaks uses all the time for protagonists for some reason.

Finally, there's other neat little extraordinary abilities that I made up, like impossible endurance which effectively allows the person to never tire and never require sleep - although they can still sleep at leisure and must still rest to recover spells/etc.

Random832
2009-07-06, 04:26 PM
(dicefreaks made superman have DR/magic).

That's because superman does have DR/magic. Kryptonite negates his invulnerability (in addition to doing damage and negating other powers in some versions), magic bypasses it. Magic belongs in the DR/ spot, kryptonite is a special rule since it does more than just bypass DR.

quick_comment
2009-07-06, 05:20 PM
I would say that this is CR 15 or so.

Force cage, cloudkill. End of encounter.

For psions, ego whip.

For fighters, she only has AC 37 and 277 hp.

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-07-06, 05:28 PM
Str42 is about the strength of spider-man (I would argue) on a normal day.
Str 42 means lifting ~9 tons as a medium creature. It's 36 tons for supergirl normally and 50+ tons if she puts some serious effort (rages). So she can lift the average locomotive.

Pie Guy
2009-07-07, 11:10 PM
CR 15 seems about right. I mean it's still killable. Now if had casting that would be a real problem...