PDA

View Full Version : Rooting for the Tiefling Receptionist

mkill
2009-07-05, 08:35 AM
In a time-honored OOTS fandom tradition, I'd like to announce my deep-felt admiration for the Tiefling receptionist. You go girl!

Murdim
2009-07-05, 08:38 AM
Heretic ! She's a succubus :smallfurious:

Captain Alien
2009-07-05, 08:38 AM
She is not a Tiefling. She has got wings (not possible for a tiefling) and works in hell. I am pretty sure she is some devil (she wears uniform, so she might be lawful).

hamishspence
2009-07-05, 08:51 AM
Possible but difficult- Faerun tieflings can take feats granting them wings, though this isn't Faerun.

Given that the half-dragon fighter killed by Familicide really shouldn't have wings if medium (medium 3.5 half-dragons never have wings) then its possible she may be an OOTS variant tiefling.

Half-fiend or succubus seems more likely though.

Gamerlord
2009-07-05, 09:35 AM
She could very well be one of those devil-succubi (Their name started with a E I am trying to think...)
*5 minutes later*

Eryines?

hamishspence
2009-07-05, 09:46 AM
They usually have black feathered wings though.

A 3rd party source (Necromancer Games) came up with half-devil half-demons (lilins)which also had bat wings.

Snake-Aes
2009-07-05, 10:21 AM
who are you talking about?

Alteran
2009-07-05, 10:22 AM
who are you talking about?

Last panel. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0667.html)

NerfTW
2009-07-05, 10:35 AM
Oh god, please don't start another flood of "Rooting for obscure character/object/weapon/spell" threads again. :smallfrown:

Kish
2009-07-05, 10:41 AM
Oh god, please don't start another flood of "Rooting for obscure character/object/weapon/spell" threads again. :smallfrown:
Indeed, moderator lock incoming in three...two...one...

(Before posting this, it occurred to me that it could look like I'm trying to vigilante moderate. This is meant to be a prediction, not an imperative, which I'm only posting because it appeals to my weird sense of humor.)

FlawedParadigm
2009-07-05, 10:50 AM
Long as people like you and I have been around, Kish, that's not even a prediction, it's just stating the blindingly obvious.

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-07-05, 06:50 PM
Long as people like you and I have been around, Kish, that's not even a prediction, it's just stating the blindingly obvious.

Don't call anything blindingly obvious!
My philosophy is: "Where there are people, there are idiots":smallbiggrin:

OITS
2009-07-05, 08:28 PM
I don't know what she is, but she's definitly the cutest girl that happened to appear in the OotS-comic so far^^

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-07-05, 08:40 PM
TRIBBLE SMASH TIEFLING!

Seriously, I loathe tieflings and the emos who always play them. Tieflings aren't even allowed in my games.

Now aasimars are another story... however, I'm the only one I know who's ever played one.

ZeroNumerous
2009-07-05, 08:43 PM
She is not a Tiefling. She has got wings (not possible for a tiefling) and works in hell.

Or a Half-Fiend.

Now aasimars are another story... however, I'm the only one I know who's ever played one.

So a fallen CE aasimar who strives against his nature to be as evil and chaotic as possible is fine? :smalltongue:

Morgan Wick
2009-07-05, 08:57 PM
Indeed, moderator lock incoming in three...two...one...

(Before posting this, it occurred to me that it could look like I'm trying to vigilante moderate. This is meant to be a prediction, not an imperative, which I'm only posting because it appeals to my weird sense of humor.)

Don't be too fast about that. The Guy with a Halberd nonsense is still going on.

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-07-05, 08:59 PM
So a fallen CE aasimar who strives against his nature to be as evil and chaotic as possible is fine? :smalltongue:
If they have a reason that's not corny, contrived or just plain dumb, maybe.

FoE
2009-07-05, 09:00 PM
Seriously, I loathe tieflings and the emos who always play them. Tieflings aren't even allowed in my games.

You're dead to me, Vorpal. Dead to me. :smallannoyed:

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-07-05, 09:05 PM
You're dead to me, Vorpal. Dead to me. :smallannoyed:
Prove me wrong then or cry me a river

Ridureyu
2009-07-05, 09:21 PM
The tiefling in my game is happy, peppy, and the melee tank.

Gorgondantess
2009-07-05, 09:25 PM
TRIBBLE SMASH TIEFLING!

I believe you have those confused with drow. Tieflings are the swindling, charismatic (Damn you 3e with your -2 to charisma tieflings!:smallmad:) amoral badasses. Whenever I play a tiefling, they don't angst over their heritage, they revel in it.:smallamused:

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-07-05, 09:31 PM
In my half dozen years of DMing the two are practically interchangeable. Drow and Tieflings are the only two races I write out of my games no matter the setting. Well, and Kender, but that's supposed to be a given.

Gorgondantess
2009-07-05, 09:35 PM
In my half dozen years of DMing the two are practically interchangeable. Drow and Tieflings are the only two races I write out of my games no matter the setting. Well, and Kender, but that's supposed to be a given.

Well, drow I can understand, but... man. You must've just had some bad experiences with tieflings. They used to be my favorite race in planescape.:smallcool:

TSED
2009-07-05, 09:43 PM
TRIBBLE SMASH TIEFLING!

Heh, you can make tieflings interesting characters.

The trick is to find ways to shut off all the outlets for emoism. Make them unappealing to the emos, and bam, they're cool again!

The Extinguisher
2009-07-05, 09:47 PM
I have a tiefling that pretends to be human (His alias is Ford because I'm unoriginal) and is anything but emo and broody. Plus, he worships Tiamat. I don't think she's an angsty god.

Tiefling bards are lots of fun.

Gorgondantess
2009-07-05, 09:50 PM
Heh, you can make tieflings interesting characters.

The trick is to find ways to shut off all the outlets for emoism. Make them unappealing to the emos, and bam, they're cool again!

Or, just do what I like to do: don't play with emos. Seriously, when I DM I don't settle for that crap, it's annoying. As a player there's not much you can do other than talk to the guy about it, but as a DM if it starts to get on my nerves and he won't stop I hand out xp penalties for bad roleplaying.

Zevox
2009-07-05, 09:52 PM
Huh. Since when were Tieflings even played commonly enough to have a stereotype? I don't recall planetouched being particularly popular.

Personally, I never saw Tieflings as the emo sort either. My favorite concept for one was a Transmuter who wanted to use his magic to permanently become a full-blooded fiend to achieve immortality and even greater power than he could as a mortal, with the vague design of perhaps eventually becoming an Archdevil if he worked his way up enough. Yeah, no emo there.

Zevox

Haven
2009-07-05, 10:16 PM
Well, drow I can understand, but... man. You must've just had some bad experiences with tieflings. They used to be my favorite race in planescape.:smallcool:

*high five* Arrrr haiiiurrrr Pranesukepu!

...er, sorry, got my obsessions mixed up.

*ahem* Nine Hells yeah, Planescape! And their version of tieflings! It was really weird seeing them included in 4e core...and Eladrins, of all things. How'd the CG celestials get turned into elf cousins? Ah, well.

Back on topic: regardless of the receptionist's race, she clearly has the "cutie" template. :p

Cleverdan22
2009-07-05, 10:18 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw a comment by a mod recently that they don't like these threads anymore. So yeah.

Roland St. Jude
2009-07-05, 11:05 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: These, like the formerly ubiquitous fan club threads, are not allowed because they will inevitably flood the forum if allowed. The Guy with the Halberd thread is the exception that proves the rule or something.