PDA

View Full Version : Guerilla PrC

Umbral_Arcanist
2005-12-24, 01:05 PM
Ok, i made this PrC a few days ago and want to see what people think.

Requirements:

BAB: +5
Skills: Hide, climb, survival, move silently: 9 ranks\
Feats: precise shot, track, quick reconoiter (from CA, i think i spelled it wrong)
Special: Skirmish or sneak attack

BAB, HD, saves as ranger
Skills as scout

1:improved sniping, ] improved guerilla warfare
2:camoflouge ]" "
3:greater sniping ]" "
4:movement master]" "
5:sniping mastery ]" "

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
improved sniping: when you use the snipe function of the hide skill, you only take a -10 penalty

camoflouge(sp?): as the ranger ability of the same name

greater sniping: When using the snipe function, any sneak attack damage also applies as long as you are within one range increment

sniping mastery: when using the snipe function you now take only a -5 penalty on your hide check

improved guerilla warfare: either your sneak attack or skirmish ability increases by one level, if you do not possess one of the abilities, you can still choose that one

adanedhel9
2005-12-24, 05:01 PM
greater sniping: When using the snipe function, any sneak attack damage also applies as long as you are within one range increment

How is this any different than normal sniping?

As is, it seems pretty weak to me. The only ability that can't be gained by efficient class choices is the Improved Sniping and Sniping Mastery. And I would certainly consider those abilities possibilities for new feats.

I would probably replace the Improved Guerrilla with a normal sneak attack and skirmish progression.

To me, guerrilleros are just as much about hiding as about hit-and-run tactics. You might want to consider something along those lines, too.

The Glyphstone
2005-12-24, 05:08 PM
Greater sniping's better because normally, sneak attack damage only applies within 30ft. This is much more powerful, allowing you to do such anywhere from 60-110ft away - double with a Distance weapon. Very good.

But Imp. Guerilla Warfare seems very contradictory - one of the prerequsites for the class is SA/skirmish, but it says something like if the character doesn't have either of them, he gains one. Drop IGW and instead give the character +1d6 SA/+1d6 Skirmish at levels 2 and 4.

adanedhel9
2005-12-24, 05:22 PM
Ah yes, you're right, Glyphstone. That is a decent ability.

However, if the best ability in the class is based on sneak attack, what sort of skirmisher would enter this class?

Also, (I just noticed this), the hiding part of sniping is a move action. Which means that a skirmisher would be unable to skirmish and snipe at the same time.

Maybe change the Greater Sniping ability to apply to sneak attack as described, but also allow skirmish damage while sniping in a similar way?

I feel that that might be a little bit unbalanced with a character who has both sneak attack and skirmish. But if you limit the sneak attack and skirmish progressions in this PrC to OR (as in, you can advance your SA OR Skirmish, but not both at once), I don't foresee it being a huge deal.

Umbral_Arcanist
2005-12-24, 07:39 PM
Heh, i guess i got cought up in the sniping aspect i forgot about the whole hit and run part, not sure waht todo there though