PDA

View Full Version : Beast Warrior PrC

Umbral_Arcanist
2005-12-23, 07:12 PM
Ok, so i made a PrC today and would like to know what people think.

as a prerequisite i made a feat : Born of beasts: requirements: halfling, BAB +3 and the ability to rage
benefit: can extra and extra time per day,and rages last one round longer

the prerequistes for the class are:
BAB +6
Race: halfling
feats: Born of beasts
Special: ability to rage

BAB, HD, skills , weapon and armor proficency: as Barbarian

Special abilities

1:Feral; aspect of beasts
2:Aspect
3:+1 rage per day; Aspect
4:Aspect
5: Aspect
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feral: Subtract your class level from all gather information, diplomacy and sense motive checks; add your class level to all intimidate checks

Aspects: when you gain an aspect (one at every level) you pick from the below list. [this was inspired by the tattoed monk]

Aspect of Panther: gain a +2 to climb, jump, and balcance checks per aspect (ie +6 at third level)

Aspect of lion: When you make charge attack, you may choose to jump at the end, this requires a jump check to cover ALL the remaining distance, for every 5 feet traveled you gain a +2 to damage

Aspect of wolverine: gain extra +2 to STR and CON in rage, rage lasts an extra 2 rounds (must be at least 3rd level)

Aspect of Bear: gain DR 1/-, while in rage, per aspect (max of 5/- at fifth level) this stacks with any DR from the barabarian class.

Aspect of tiger: gain +2 Dex, +10 ft movement, in rage

Aspect of Ape: gain a climb speed equal to 1/2 land movement, may always take 10 on climb checks, you are not flat-footed while climbing.

Aspect of Boar: While in a rage, you suffer no affects from hitpoint loss until reduced to -10, when you die.

Aspect of Wolf: gain improved trip and Sneak attack +2d6 in rage

Aspect Serpent: Gain improved grapple and a +4 bonus (on top of the one from the feat) grapple checks while in rage

most of these are only useable in a rage because the point of the class was that the rage brought out the power of the beasts, but some seemed like they would be useless if only useable in the rage.

Any comments, concerns or suggestions are welcome.

Gerrtt
2005-12-23, 08:43 PM
Why halflings only? I mean, I see that under your avatar you seem to think halflings rock (which they do, indeed) but is there some reason other than that?

That Lanky Bugger
2005-12-23, 10:44 PM
Except for the strange requirement of Halflings only, this is a very awesome PrC. I do have a question, however:

Are ALL the Aspects stackable, or is it just the Panther and Bear Aspects which stack?

ninja_kitsune
2005-12-23, 11:28 PM
Hmm..... I can think of several other aspects if you would like me to, and then maby you would have something pretty cool there. What is your made up feat "born of beasts?"

Umbral_Arcanist
2005-12-23, 11:58 PM
A; ok i forgot to mention that i made for my own setting (which i just made) which is why its halfling only, this could easily be adopted into any barbarian culture that worshipped animals to any degree

Lanky Bugger: only those 2, i wanted the bonuses to be good, but also didn't want to make them overpowered i felt those two worked best scaled that way.

Ninja_kitsune: i would enjoy to see any aspects you could make up. the feat was designed to give an extra pre-req and i posted it right before the PrC, not sure if thats what you were asking, but i'll re-post it

Born of beasts: requirements: halfling, BAB +3 and the ability to rage
benefit: can extra and extra time per day,and rages last one round longer

The flavor of the feat is that you have a connection with beasts, which makes you better at raging and the PrC makes you expand on that connection

Gerrtt
2005-12-24, 01:22 AM
So...is your setting halfling dominated or something? I'm just curious is all...you don't tend to see many halfling barbarians in a pre-fab game or even in a lot of home-brew ones.

Umbral_Arcanist
2005-12-24, 12:31 PM
not halfling dominated, but humans, halflings and gnomes are the major races, the halflings happen to be barabarians, because i felt they had been confined to plucky rogues too long, also the idea of halfling barbarians living in a dense rainforest is cool

ninja_kitsune
2005-12-24, 05:50 PM
ok, heres AN aspect I thought of.

Aspect of the Bat: While raging, your beast warrior is treated as having the feat Blind-Fight. This does not stack with the actual feat