PDA

View Full Version : Boosting Wild Empathy

Alleine
2009-07-05, 02:34 PM
Does anyone know good ways to boost wild empathy? I eventually plan on playing a character who will be more or less creating followers through the use of dark speech -> small hiveminds who will help him to his goal.

Unfortunately this path means less levels in druid, so he'll be really hurting in the 'convince animals/vermin to help me' department.

I've looked through a few books, but aside from a synergy bonus from handle animal, I can't find any reliable ways to boost it short of one-shot items or custom items. So, help? Anyone have some good ideas?

Zaq
2009-07-05, 02:50 PM
The only way I know of off the top of my head, aside from straight-up boosting Charisma or using generic Charisma-effect-boosting-items (Circlet of Persuasion should work here, right? I forget if Veil of Allure would as well), is to have the proper soulmeld bound to your totem chakra. You gain a +4 bonus on dealing with a magical beast if you have a soulmeld based on that beast bound to your totem.

Of course, this presupposes that you're a totemist.

The Beast Tamer Circlet soulmeld also gives a +2 insight bonus when it's shaped (you don't even have to bind it), and the bonus increases nicely with essentia. You can get that with the feat Shape Soulmeld, if you don't want to be a totemist.

Yes, I love Incarnum, what's your point?

Outside of Incarnum, I can't think of anything off the top of my head. Like I said, look and see if the exact wording of Circlet of Persuasion and Veil of Allure would apply.

Alleine
2009-07-05, 03:04 PM
D'oh, I should have thought about incarnum! Its main shtick is skill boosting!
Veil of Allure is a no-go though. Its all about DC's not skill boosts.

Where is the circlet of persuasion from?

Eldariel
2009-07-05, 03:04 PM
D'oh, I should have thought about incarnum! Its main shtick is skill boosting!
Veil of Allure is a no-go though. Its all about DC's not skill boosts.

Where is the circlet of persuasion from?

DMG. Also SRD (http://www.d20srd.com).