PDA

View Full Version : [ACRO] The Queendom of Neirian, home of the Amazon Pixies.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Lex-Kat
2009-07-05, 05:29 PM
The homes are beautifully carved into the sides of the trees, in intricate detail.

High up above the rest sits the Castle. It looks just asw elegant as any castle you've seen in classic romanticized tales.

Whereas the basic homes are painted in shades of browns and whites, the castle is painted a light blue.

As you watch it for a moment, it looks as if clouds are slowly drifting past the castle, but then you may notice that it is actually the paint magically moving along.

There is also a rather large spherical dome stretched over an area of land in front of the mountain.

If one tries to find one, there is no doors or windows leading into the dome. The whole dome is painted a bright orange.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

1. Once you enter the Queendom, you will shrink to Pixie size. This is elder magic. It's what has protected the Amazon Pixies for centuries. Only pixies are unaffected. ((It's not godmodding, you don't have to enter, you know. :smallwink:))
What size are you?

Using feet & inches (Because us stupid Americans won't change to the Metric system :smalleek:). Change your Feet to inches, minus 3. The inches remain the same.

So if yo are 5'3" you'll be 2.3". If your 7'10" you'll be 4.10" Okay.
2. You can teleport in, there is no magic stopping anyone from entering.

3. If anyone enters, that is of an unknown origin, the amazon pixie army immediately confronts them.

The Bushranger
2009-07-05, 05:43 PM
Quinn gets popped in by Lex!
And looks around in bewildered confusion....

Lex-Kat
2009-07-05, 05:59 PM
((Has Quinn noticed that she shrunk?? :smalltongue:))

Welcome to my home!! Let's go see the healers. Lex takes Quinn's hand and heads for the another distinct home.

This home, hidden from view initially, has a shimmering quality to it that may at first be hard on the eyes. The outer walls are pearlescent white.

But there are no doors. It's an open home, with six arches cut into the side all around it.

The roof is dark blue, and once inside, Quinn may note a hole in the roof.

There are five female pixies inside. They are wearing white robes that also seem to shimmer in the light. They seem to be tending to patients or mixing herbal medicines.

One of them, an elderly lookking pixie walks up to the pair. Princess Lexington. What are you doing here?

Lex frowns slightly, and looks to Quinn. I'm a prisoner.

The Bushranger
2009-07-05, 09:11 PM
((She hadn't just yet. :smalltongue: But in 3, 2, 1...))

Aaaaugh! I'm tiny! Quinn shrieks, finding herself now at a height of two-point-three inches...

Thankfully her clothes shrunk with her...

After a moment she's able to compose herself and grins at Lex's enthuiasm, taking the hand and being led along, looking around in wonderment.

When the time comes, she bows in respect to the pixie elder.
My name is Quinn. I'm a paladin and a caregiver at the Good League of Good. Princess Lexington has become...tainted by evil by the being known as Astir, and we come seeking help.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-06, 08:36 PM
And what would you have us do, Paladin? Is Princess Lexington wishing an atonement spell? The elder healer looks to Lex.

Yes Jopla, I wish to lose this taint of evil on my soul. Lex says.

The Bushranger
2009-07-06, 09:11 PM
Quinn nods in affirmation. She informed me that only pixie magic is likely to work on her; otherwise I would have performed the ritual myself. However we agreed it would be wise for you to do it, respected elder.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-06, 09:19 PM
Very well. I will go prepare the spell. Take Princess Lexington to her room, if you would please. She waves toward one of the exits that lead toward the castle.

The Bushranger
2009-07-06, 09:27 PM
Yes, ma'am. Quinn smiles and bows, then looks to Lex to lead the way...

Lex-Kat
2009-07-06, 10:02 PM
Lex takes Quinn by the hand and leads her to the castle. We need to see my mother first.

The Bushranger
2009-07-06, 10:25 PM
I'll be honoured to meet her, Quinn says with a smile. This place is wonderful...

Lex-Kat
2009-07-06, 10:38 PM
Yeah. Better than it was. They've made improvements since mother met Chelonie.

It takes a little while to get to the Courtroom.

The Bushranger
2009-07-06, 10:41 PM
Improvements? How so?

...and I will go back to normal size when we leave, right?

Lex-Kat
2009-07-06, 10:59 PM
We used to be sexist. Women fought and ran the place, men cooked and cleaned.

Of course, certain things haven't changed. Men are only used for procreation, as far as sex goes. Women usually marry only women here.

And yes. As soon as we leave, you should grow back to normal size.

She enters one last door.

There before them is a grand hall. The columns and walls are made of white marble, with streaks of different shades of blue instead of black and grays.

Silver is spiralling each column.

And dirrectly in the middle sits a pixie that looks very much like Lex.

Lex floats over and bows before her. Queen Lasaandra.

The Bushranger
2009-07-06, 11:05 PM
Quinn blushes a good bit at hearing that...

She refrains from comment, though, as they reach the palace, and she bows respectfully as well to the Pixie Queen.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-06, 11:22 PM
Rise daughter. Who is this human you have brought with you? A new lover?

Lex rises. No Queen, Mother. This is Quinn, a paladin. She is here to help me lose this evil taint from a man called Astir.

The Bushranger
2009-07-06, 11:26 PM
Quinn blushes still more at the Queen's words, but manages to stay composed...somehow...natural 20 on the Concentration check...yeah... :smalltongue:

Erm. Princess Lexington is correct. Through an unforunate series of events your daughter became...tainted. She desires atonement and as a representative of the Good League of Good I have taken on her quest.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-06, 11:33 PM
Ah. My apologies. I was hoping she'd finally gotten married, settled down to have a family. But it is not to be so.

Do what you can for, Miss Quinn. And take care of her. She is a little trouble maker.

The Bushranger
2009-07-06, 11:44 PM
I shall do my best, Quinn says, bowing respectfully.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-06, 11:46 PM
With a bit of a huff, Lex leaves the throne room.

Quinn sees Queen Lasaandra smile as Lex does so. Better hurry, or you'll lose her.

The Bushranger
2009-07-07, 12:02 AM
Quinn nods, and turns to hurry after Lex with almost undue haste...

Lex-Kat
2009-07-07, 12:10 AM
By the time Quinn gets out, Lex is already halfway down the the left hallway.

The Bushranger
2009-07-07, 12:12 AM
Hey, wait for me! Quinn calls, breaking into a sprint as fast as her pixie-sized legs will carry her.

Given that it's a pixie-sized hallway, though, it's not that much of a problem...

Lex-Kat
2009-07-07, 12:18 AM
Quinn does catch up to her, but only because Lex slowed. I can't believe she embarrassed me like that!

The Bushranger
2009-07-07, 10:41 PM
Quinn manages to keep a straight face, although she finds herself wanting to giggle.
Well, she is both your mom and the Queen, right? She has both maternal and royal imperitive to embarass her daughter, I guess.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-07, 10:53 PM
Lex turns and glares at Quinn. There is fire burning in her eyes. What?

The Bushranger
2009-07-07, 10:56 PM
Quinn looks back steadily.
It's the duty of moms everywhere to embarass their kids. I remember growing up I kept wishing my parents weren't there sometimes 'cause they'd always do the most terrible things - at least I thought that, until...

Her voice trails off, and a distinctly sad expression crosses her face.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-07, 11:10 PM
Until what? Lex, with concern, moves closer to Quinn.

The flame is gone.

The Bushranger
2009-07-07, 11:19 PM
Quinn's voice is just above a whisper. I'd just turned 15 the week before. I was out with my friends, and when I came home...our house had burned down. They didn't make it out.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-08, 08:27 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that.

Suddenly, Lex looks as if she's just been struck by a bolt of lightning.

Before Quinn can really do anything about it.... So, Paladin, you wish to help this poor excuse for a pixie find atonement for her past stupidity.

The Bushranger
2009-07-08, 08:41 PM
Quinn starts to nod - then snaps her head up in startlement.
Lex!
She frantically looks for the source of the voice and lightning. Looking quite perturbed...

Lex-Kat
2009-07-08, 09:03 PM
((Oops. Forgot to mention that the voice seams to be coming from Lex. :smalltongue:))

Don't look so mystified. Lex is my vessel. She agreed long ago to be the voice of Neirian to you humans.

To gain atonement for her sins, she must go on a quest for me. And you must join her. Lex's face twists into a sickening grin.

((DEADTIME for now.))

The Bushranger
2009-07-08, 09:13 PM
((:smalltongue:))

Quinn clenches her fists, then nods, once, sharply.
I shall.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-08, 10:26 PM
Good. Her quest is to find the three pieces of Reinholdt Prime's original sniper rifle.

It was lost in the ocean, and broke into three pieces; the barrel, the stock, and the Firing Chamber.

Bring them to me, and I will consider releiving her of her evil burden.

Then suddenly Lex is thrust at Quinn with tremendous force.

The Bushranger
2009-07-08, 10:28 PM
Quinn is too busy nodding to dodge, and thus, she gets...er...Lexified?

Wham!

Lex-Kat
2009-07-08, 10:45 PM
Lex is lying unconscious on top of Quinn.

The Bushranger
2009-07-08, 10:55 PM
It takes a moment for Quinn to clear her mind enough to realise this fact.

She shakes her head, trying to clear it, then blushes a good bit at how Lex is on top of her...

Sitting up, she goes to gently push her friend off of her and tries to revive her.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-08, 11:01 PM
Lex's eyes pop open. Ahhhhhh!!!!!!! Lex tries to shove Quinn away from her.

NOTE: Lex isn't incredibly strong.

The Bushranger
2009-07-08, 11:11 PM
By normal or pixie standards? :smalltongue:

Quinn is trying to get away anyway, so she loses her footing and lands on her backside!
Plop!

Lex! Are you alright?
...and am I that scary?!

Lex-Kat
2009-07-08, 11:14 PM
No.... I... I just hate it when Neirian takes control of me anymore. She... she hurts me. Lex looks sad, a single tear falling down her face. She hates me.

The Bushranger
2009-07-08, 11:17 PM
Quinn, picking herself up, quickly goes to wrap her arms around Lex comfortingly. Why? she asks, her voice soft.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-08, 11:24 PM
My.... When the previous Neirian was killed during the fight with the Old God.... Then Lex is thrust against the wall, harshly. As she falls to the floor, Quinn will see some blood on the wall where Lex's head hit.

The Bushranger
2009-07-08, 11:29 PM
You stop that! Quinn shouts to the sky, before rushing over to Lex and trying to Lay On Hands!

Lex-Kat
2009-07-08, 11:31 PM
Lex wakes a little. I... guess I shouldn't.... tell her sec........ Lex passes out again.

The Bushranger
2009-07-09, 11:39 AM
Quinn scowls and says a few words that would make paladins blush, and probably make Tobias proud of her. :smalltongue:
And tries to heal Lex's wounds, bandaging her head before going to pick her up and try to find a healer.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-09, 12:21 PM
Lex is picked up and moved back to the healing house.

The elder takes Lex and places her in a bed. What happened?

The Bushranger
2009-07-09, 12:23 PM
Gods meddling in the affairs of pixies is what happened, Quinn grumbles, clearly looking rather un-paladin-like at the thought. Bottom line is she got thrown into a wall.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-09, 07:52 PM
Yes. We've noticed that Neirian has become a bit more...... forceful, than she was before her near death during the battle with the old god.

The healer tends to Lex's physical wounds, placing a bandage around her head and giving her an herbal drink. This should dull what's left of the pain.

Neirian has lost many worshippers since then, and we believe that she is upset that some would leave her, including the woman known as HappyTurtle.

The Bushranger
2009-07-09, 08:54 PM
Quinn's head snaps around at hearing that. Chelonie abandoned her? Why?

Lex-Kat
2009-07-09, 09:07 PM
We are not certain. But it rained in Neirian for three months as Neirian mourned the loss of her Rainbow Servant. We were unprepared for the lightning strikes that killed many of our men, who were working the fields.

The Bushranger
2009-07-09, 09:15 PM
I...
Quinn shakes her head, not knowing what to say.
I'm sorry for your loss. I'd offer to speak to her and find out why, but Miss Amakirr has been...suffering health issues as of late. When I left with the Princess, she was unconsious and unresponsive...

Lex-Kat
2009-07-09, 10:25 PM
Well, Lex will be alright. Let her rest for the night, and the two of you can begin your quest in the morning.

Jorania will show you to your room. A fairly pretty pixie floats over to Quinn and offers her hand for Quinn to take.

The Bushranger
2009-07-09, 10:28 PM
Quinn looks worriedly at Lex, but nods, and smiles at her guide as she takes the offered hand. Jorania, is it? I'm Quinn. It's nice to meet you.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-09, 10:35 PM
Jorania nods politely and leads Quinn to her room.

The Bushranger
2009-07-09, 10:43 PM
Quinn follows with a small smile, finding the whole experience to be almost enchanting.

Aside from Lex's being knocked out, of course.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-10, 12:12 PM
Quinn is silently led to a room, Jorania closes the door behind them.

The Bushranger
2009-07-10, 01:25 PM
Quinn looks around the room for a moment, before smiling at Jorania. You'll forgive me if I don't know the ettiquite around here very well, are we roommates tonight?

Lex-Kat
2009-07-10, 06:27 PM
Jorania smiles and nods an affirmative. She makes some movements with her hands.

Quinn may recognize it as a form of sign language. But that doesn't mean she knows pixie sign language.

Does she?

The Bushranger
2009-07-10, 06:35 PM
Alas, no, she doesn't.

She does know telepathy, though!

I'm sorry, I don't understand you. Do you mind if I...?
She gently touches her head, then makes a motion towards Jorania, hoping she'll understand.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-10, 06:45 PM
Jorania smiles and nods her consent.

She's never tried telepathy before.

The Bushranger
2009-07-10, 10:16 PM
And so Quinn very gently reaches out with her mind...
~Hey...can you hear me?~

Lex-Kat
2009-07-10, 10:33 PM
Jorania nods her head yes.

The Bushranger
2009-07-10, 10:37 PM
~That's good. Er...can you, like, respond? I don't understand your sign language...~ Quinn's mental 'tone' is rather sheepish.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-10, 10:42 PM
With a sad face, she shakes her head no.

The Bushranger
2009-07-10, 10:46 PM
Awww....

Quinn steps forwards to give her new friend a reassuring hug.
~Don't worry, we'll get along just fine!~

Lex-Kat
2009-07-10, 10:49 PM
Jorania smiles. Then she raises her hands, indicating the room.

She then points to herself.

The Bushranger
2009-07-10, 10:54 PM
~This is your room? Quinn smiles warmly. ~Thank you for sharing it with me. I'm honoured.~

Lex-Kat
2009-07-10, 10:55 PM
Jorania smiles. She yawns and begins to get undressed.

The Bushranger
2009-07-10, 10:58 PM
Quinn blushes a little. ~Is...there a custom here for how one dresses when one sleeps?~ she asks, curiously, not wanting to make a faux pas.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-10, 11:01 PM
Jorania removes the last of her clothes. Then poses slightly for Quinn, using her hands to indicate her lack of clothes.

She then climbs into bed.

The Bushranger
2009-07-10, 11:11 PM
Quinn hesitates for a moment.
But, after all, when in Rome...
She starts to undress, her cheeks flushed.
~Where I come from we're a little more...modest,~ she 'says' apologetically. ~So I'm not quite used to this. But it's OK.~

Lex-Kat
2009-07-10, 11:12 PM
Jorania smiles at Quinn. Good night. She mouths. Then rolls over and goes to sleep.

The Bushranger
2009-07-10, 11:19 PM
Quinn smiles a little more. ~Good night~
Still blushing from some embarassment, but at the same time giggling a little, she slips carefully under the covers and closes her eyes to drift off to sleep herself.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-12, 08:49 PM
In the morning, Quinn may find Jorania curled up next to her.

The Bushranger
2009-07-12, 08:54 PM
Indeed she does, and Quinn spends a moment, upon awakening, in a panic trying to figure out why she's in a strange place in a strange bed with a stange...pixie...

Ah, right.

Panic attack averted, she relaxes, her cheeks blushing, and debates the merits of being the first out of bed.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-12, 09:07 PM
Jorania wakes up and looks at Quinn. She sits up and smiles.

Then she slips out of bed and streeeeetches.

The Bushranger
2009-07-12, 09:15 PM
Quinn smiles back, her cheeks getting rather rosy at the stretching, before she slips out of bed herself. Good morning. Er, is there a bathroom here?

Lex-Kat
2009-07-12, 09:26 PM
Jorania points to a open doorway.

The Bushranger
2009-07-12, 09:30 PM
Thanks.
And Quinn hurries off to freshen herself up for the morning, and to dress.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-12, 10:04 PM
Jorania follows Quinn in and takes a shower. There are no doors, by the way. Everything inside the room is completely open.

The Bushranger
2009-07-12, 10:14 PM
Quinn's cheeks are fairly colored at this point, but she smiles and shakes her head a little. I guess y'all are rather...different about modesty than us humans, huh?

Lex-Kat
2009-07-12, 10:18 PM
Jorania looks at Quinn with a curious expression on her face.

The Bushranger
2009-07-12, 10:32 PM
Quinn looks back, and tries to think of how best to explain.
Where I come from, people tend to...cover up, more. Private showers. Not that there's anything wrong with it this way of course, she quickly adds with a smile. But I'll take a little bit to get used to it.

She decides to start by leaving herself only half-dressed as she finishes her morning freshening at the sink. (Bottom half.)

Lex-Kat
2009-07-12, 10:37 PM
Jorania finishes her shower and steps into a side room. Quinn will hear the sounds of air being blown about, almost quietly.

The Bushranger
2009-07-12, 10:41 PM
Quinn smiles, and decides to take a quick shower herself before investigating the blow-drier room!

Lex-Kat
2009-07-12, 10:43 PM
As Quinn steps into the shower, she can see it.

Jorania's being softly blow dried, her wings barely fluttering, her hair flowing slightly.

She has her eyes closed.

The Bushranger
2009-07-12, 10:46 PM
Quinn smiles a little more as she suds herself up, watching curiously. That looks pleasant...

Lex-Kat
2009-07-12, 10:59 PM
Jarania smiles and nods, keeping her eyes closed.

Then the air dies down, and she looks at Quinn. She waits patiently for Quinn to get done showering.

The Bushranger
2009-07-12, 11:02 PM
Quinn rinses herself off, being careful to get all the suds out of her hair, then goes to join Jarania in the drying-off room with a slightly shy smile.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-12, 11:04 PM
Jorania steps around Quinn, sop that she's in the shower area now. She indicates to Quinn to shut her eyes.

The Bushranger
2009-07-12, 11:08 PM
Quinn nods, and closes her eyes, lifting her arms a little in expectation of a gentle, drying breeze.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-12, 11:12 PM
It's gentle, dry, and somewhat hot. But it shouldn't be too hot.

But Quinn should now realize why she needs to keep her eyes shut.

The Bushranger
2009-07-12, 11:15 PM
It might be rather unpleasant if they were open, yes...

She does giggle a little as she breeze tickles her.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-12, 11:29 PM
After a moment, the air dies out.

Quinn should be nice and dry all over now.

The Bushranger
2009-07-12, 11:31 PM
Quinn waits a moment more, then turns and grins at Jorania. That was cool! I want one of those in my house.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-12, 11:35 PM
Jorania smiles. She's dresses in a cute rainbow colored mini skirt and top.

She waits for Quinn to get dressed also. Then will lead her back to the healing house.

The Bushranger
2009-07-12, 11:37 PM
Quinn slips on her regular, if now appropriately sized, clothes and goes to take Jorania's hand with a smile, and a bit of a squeze, and lets her lead her back to the meeting house, a broad smile on her face.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-13, 08:44 PM
Jorania leads Quinn back to the healing house. She squeezes her hand back as she goes.

Back at the healing house, Lex sits on her bed, waiting for Quinn. Oh, there you are! She flies over to Quinn.

Did you enjoy our..... hospitality? She smiles to Jorania. Who slightly blushes and bows, then starts to leave the area.

The Bushranger
2009-07-13, 08:47 PM
Quinn blushes a little, and gives Jorania a cheerful, and grateful, smile. ~Thanks, and you don't have to leave if you don't want to...~
She grins and goes to give Lex a quick hug.
It was...different than what I'm used to, that's for sure. She giggles. I want one of those shower-dryer thingies back at the base!

Lex-Kat
2009-07-13, 09:00 PM
Jorania continues to leave, giving Quinn one last smile before she turns away.

Lex is hugged. You'll have to ask the Queen about that. As far as I know, this is the only place where they are made.

The Bushranger
2009-07-13, 09:05 PM
Quinn doesn't stop her from leaving, but she does look like she'd rather she stayed. Ah well...
It'd have to be scaled up to human size, too, of course. She grins. So, have a good night's sleep, Princess? What do we do now?

Lex-Kat
2009-07-13, 09:51 PM
Lex has a look as if she'd been stung. She wouldn't have stayed, you know.

She is a commoner. She has been taught that she is beneath me, and therefore must not remain in my sight for long.

And before you say anything, no, I don't agree with it. I can summon her back though, if you really want her along.

The Bushranger
2009-07-13, 09:54 PM
...Oh. Is that why she's...silent, too? Quinn asks quietly, giving her friend another hug, then nods. If you don't mind, I would like her along.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-13, 10:39 PM
No, she's mute. Lex closes her eyes, and a moment later, Jorania floats back toward where Quinn and herself are.

She does a little sign language to Lex. Lex turns to Quinn. She wishes to know what you need of her.

The Bushranger
2009-07-14, 03:03 PM
Oh. Quinn looks a little sad at that, but gives Joriana a smile as she returns.
Well, I kinda was thinking maybe you'd like to, well, come with us on this Quest thing we're going to have to do, she says cheerfully, an arm around Lex's shoulders (if the pixie allows it of course :smalltongue:).

Lex-Kat
2009-07-14, 08:56 PM
Lex moves out of Quinn's reach, as she feels a little uncomfortable with that.

Jorania smiles then signs to Lex. Lex signs back.

It's settled, Jorania is coming with us.

Officially, it'll be to look after my health, but unofficially, it's so she can see the world outside of Neirian. Lex whispers to Quinn.

Let's get going. Lex heads back toward where she and Quinn first appeared.

The Bushranger
2009-07-14, 09:02 PM
Quinn doesn't push the issue, not wanting her friend to be uncomfortable. But smiles broadly at Jorania, that being precisely why she wanted her along...
Hopefully it'll be an enjoyable trip for all of us, Quinn whispers back, although her tone indicates she doubts that, based on the goddess's attitude. >_>

Smiling, she goes to follow Lex, her shoulders squared. To Questing!

Lex-Kat
2009-07-14, 09:12 PM
Lex takes Quinn and Jaronia's hands. ((At least, attempts to, as far as Quinn is concerned.))

She then will POP! the trio to the area where the first piece of Reinholdt's rifle, the barrel, should be found. It's off to the beach.

((We'l stay in this thread, kay?))

The Bushranger
2009-07-15, 02:40 PM
Quinn's hand is easily taken, and she closes her eyes in time for the tele-

*pop!*

And she finds herself on the beach, blinking. So, this is the place, then? she asks, looking around curiously.

((Works for me. ^^))

Lex-Kat
2009-07-15, 11:35 PM
It's only one place. The three pieces are not together.

She and Jorania begin looking around.

The Bushranger
2009-07-15, 11:39 PM
Well, yeah. That's what I meant.

Quinn considers things for a moment, then starts up the beach, carefully looking for anything that doesn't belong. And starting to hum, softly, as she slips her hands into her pockets, but resists the urge to slip off her shoes.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-16, 12:18 AM
Quinn doesn't see or feel anything of note.

The Bushranger
2009-07-16, 12:31 PM
And so Quinn pauses by the water's edge, looking out across the sea for a few minutes.

Lex and Jorania might, if they looked in her direction, see her saying something, too far away to be heard.

Then she blows a kiss out across the water, before turning to head back in the direction of her companions, a tear in her eye.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-16, 12:45 PM
Jorania is too busy in her search to notice anything.

Lex notices. What are you doing?

Just as Quinn is turning around, she may notice something trying to pull her attention back towards the ocean.

The Bushranger
2009-07-16, 12:47 PM
Old memories, Quinn says softly to Lex. Loves lost and loves found.
She turns curiously, looking out at the sea. Did either of you feel that?

Lex-Kat
2009-07-16, 12:55 PM
No.

Quinn feals it again. Stronger this time. It feels like it wants to pull her under the currents. But it feels positve.

The Bushranger
2009-07-16, 01:02 PM
I do. I think there's something in the water...
And, deciding to take a chance, she wades out into the shallows.
What's the worst that could happen?

Lex-Kat
2009-07-16, 01:09 PM
Lex, clapping her hands sharply to first get Jorania's attention, follows Quinn hovering over the water. As does Jorania a moment later.

Do you see anything?

Quinn feels as if it wants her to go deeper, further under the water. Even when she's almost up to her neck.

The Bushranger
2009-07-16, 01:17 PM
No, but I'm feeling something. I'm going to dive in, if I'm not up in a couple of minutes, well, try to help?

And, not waiting for an answer, Quinn dives in!

Lex-Kat
2009-07-16, 01:21 PM
Quinn wait.......!!! Lex isn't sure how much of that Quinn heard, as the two pixies flutter over the spot where Quinn dived.

Quinn feels the pull get stronger as she descends further under the water. Deeper and deeper she goes, until she starts to feel that she cannot hold her breath much longer.

At that moment, just before she decides it's too far down, she sees a shimmering just ahead of her.

The Bushranger
2009-07-16, 01:36 PM
Quinn feels a little bad at cutting off her friend like that, but a girls'
gotta do what a girl's gotta do, and id deep-diving while holding one's breath is what she has to do, well...

Just as she's about to break off and head to the surface, she spots something, just a little deeper. And, summoning her willpower, she heads for it...

Lex-Kat
2009-07-16, 07:36 PM
As she goes beyond the point of no return, she swims through what can only be described as an air bubble.

She's starting to fall!! And the ocean floor doesn't look to be too close, though it is visible.

The Bushranger
2009-07-16, 08:18 PM
And so Quinn instinctively tries to manifest her Psionic Dimension Door trick straight to the ocean floor.
It's not magic, it's her mind!
Of course, if it doesn't work, she reminds herself that falls, however long, never hurt anybody.

The sudden stop at the bottom, well, that's what gets you.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-16, 08:28 PM
The psionic Dimension Door trick works, and Quinn finds herself safely on the ocean floor.

The Bushranger
2009-07-16, 08:32 PM
Aww. This is Quinn, she's supposed to get beat up!
:smalltongue:

Nevertheless she takes a minute or three to collect her wits and bearings, before standing and looking around in curiosity/wonder/what-have-you.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-16, 08:52 PM
Weeellll. What do I have here? A beautiful voice will be heard from Quinn's right side. Aren't you the darling thing. I wasn't expecting a human female to come down here.

The Bushranger
2009-07-16, 08:57 PM
((Is Quinn still pixie-sized, or normal?))

Quinn spins around to face the voice, her eyes narrowing a little. I didn't exactly plan to drop in, myself...

Lex-Kat
2009-07-16, 08:59 PM
((As soon as she left the Queendom, she returned to normal size.))

All she sees is the water that surrounds her.

Why are you here then, and what is your name, cutey? She hears behind her now.

The Bushranger
2009-07-16, 09:13 PM
((Ah. Just making sure.))

My name is Quinn. And I'm looking for...an artifact, to help a friend of mine.
And she spins around, to look behind her!

Lex-Kat
2009-07-16, 09:23 PM
Mmmmm. Maybe I can help you, for a price. What is this artifact you are looking for? Quinn will barely see a pair ofblue eyes seemingly floating in the water, then they disappear.

The eyes are quite enchanting, for the moment Quinn sees them.

The Bushranger
2009-07-16, 09:34 PM
It's a part of a gun, Quinn explains, staring in the direction the eyes appeared. We were supposed to find it on the beach. A goddess has tasked us with a Quest to find it, and then she'll help my friend.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-17, 12:04 PM
Could this be what you are looking for? She holds up the barrel of the gun, just out of easy reach by Quinn.

The Bushranger
2009-07-17, 12:56 PM
Why, yes, yes it is. That is it exactly...
Quinn narrows her eyes a bit.
What do I have to give you to get it?

Lex-Kat
2009-07-17, 01:07 PM
Ease my loneliness. Bring me some human things. Something to read, to listen to. Promise to come back and talk to me. To be my friend.

The Bushranger
2009-07-17, 01:09 PM
Quinn's eyebrows raise, and she nods, slowly. I'd...I can do that, yeah. She smiles a little. I seem to be good at that, actually. May I know your name, or at least what I may call you?

Lex-Kat
2009-07-17, 01:17 PM
Quinn hears what sounds like children laughing while playing in the ocean. You may call me Loreli.

The barrel moves into the bubble of air with a small trinket attached to it. This will allow you to swim through this area of the ocean without worry of drowning.

The Bushranger
2009-07-17, 01:26 PM
Thank you, Loreli, Quinn says, smiling warmly. And I promise once I've helped my friend with her quest, I'll return to keep you company for awhile...

Lex-Kat
2009-07-17, 07:04 PM
Thank you. And the eyes disappear.

The Bushranger
2009-07-17, 07:56 PM
Quinn gives a curtsey of gratitude, then goes to see about swimming back up to the surface. After getting out of the air bubble, of course...

Lex-Kat
2009-07-17, 08:22 PM
Once Quinn goes through the air bubble (it's only about a 5' half-sphere), she finds that smaller bubble of air remains around her head, somehow supplying her with fresh air as she ascends.

About halfway up, she'll find a body floating in the water.

Neon Knight
2009-07-17, 08:24 PM
It's Corentin Apollinaire!

The Bushranger
2009-07-17, 08:25 PM
And that gives Quinn pause.

She stops her slow ascent dead. No pun intended. And then moves closer to investigate the body.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-17, 08:28 PM
It looks like Lex.

Quinn will see a second body trying to swim down toward Lex. She looks to be having a bad time of it.

The Bushranger
2009-07-17, 08:31 PM
Oh gods...

Quinn quickly and carefully collects her friend in one arm, then strikes out torwards the other, who she has a sneaking suspicion is Jorania...

Lex-Kat
2009-07-17, 08:33 PM
((Amazing!! It's like you read my mind. :smalltongue:))

It certainly is Jorania. Who horribly tries to swim back to the surface. She won't fight any help Quinn gives her.

The Bushranger
2009-07-17, 08:37 PM
((:smalltongue:))

Quinn goes to gently slip her other arm around Jorania, and will try to bring the pixie up into the air bubble, before they head up to the surface.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-17, 08:47 PM
((P.S. In case you forgot, they are both about 2" tall. You could grab them both with one hand, if you wanted.))

Quinn fits Jorania into the air bubble.

The Bushranger
2009-07-17, 08:49 PM
((Oh, I didn't forget. Quinn's being extra-careful, though. No grabbitying pixies. :smallsmile: ))

Quinn tries to slip Lex into the bubble as well, before heading to the surface, as fast as she can!

Lex-Kat
2009-07-17, 08:54 PM
Slipping Lex into the air bubble shouldn't be too hard. Now swimming with both hands next to your head, while holding two pixies, that might be some trouble.

But I'm certain Quinn will succeed.

((DEADTIME for 10 min.))

The Bushranger
2009-07-17, 09:02 PM
It's mildly awkward, yes. But she does her best, finally breaking through the surface of the water!

And promptly dimension-dooring the lot of them onto the beach, she hopes.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-17, 09:24 PM
Awwww. Sorry, no such luck. Something must be stopping the Dimension Door from working. :smallfrown:

But Jorania does take Lex from Quinn and flies her to the beach.

The Bushranger
2009-07-17, 09:28 PM
And Quinn swims after them as fast as she can, and frantically.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-17, 09:37 PM
When Quinn gets to the beach, Jorania starts signing frantically at her.

Lex is laying face up on the sand.

The Bushranger
2009-07-17, 09:44 PM
I'm so sorry, I didn't think she'd go after me...
Quinn frantically considers things, then reaches into the magical pouch on her belt.

Producing a wand of Reduce Person, she zaps herself with it.
If she can get small enough, she'll try pixie CPR...

Lex-Kat
2009-07-17, 09:50 PM
Quinn is able to provide pixie CPR. Evidently a technique Jorania hasn't ever learned, because she watches witha mix of confusion and awe.

After a little time, Lex starts sputtering up the ocean.

The Bushranger
2009-07-17, 09:55 PM
And Quinn, now being the right size to do so, will give her friend a distinctly tight hug the moment she's sure she can stop administering the ocean removal treatment.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-17, 10:50 PM
Quinn!! *cough cough* You're alive. Lex chokes out, before she is hugged.

The Bushranger
2009-07-17, 11:04 PM
Quinn nods, starting to tear up a little. [size=1]Yeah. And so, so are you...

Lex-Kat
2009-07-17, 11:33 PM
What took you so long? You were gone for over 5 minutes.

The Bushranger
2009-07-18, 05:20 AM
There was...a being down there, Quinn explains after a moment. And she made a bubble of air so we could talk. She was lonely and I agreed to come back later to talk with her, in exchange for this.
She produces the barrel of Reinholdt's Gun with a flouish and a grin, which quickly fades.
Coming back...I nearly had heart failure when I saw you, floating there. It's a miracle I did...

And Quinn looks like she's about to cry, even as the Reduce Person spell starts to slowly wear off.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-18, 10:39 AM
Well, what I tried to tell you, before you dived in, was that pixies don't swim too well. But you were gone so long, I decided I had to try anyway.

Lex reaches for Quinn and Jorania's hands. I know where to go next.

The Bushranger
2009-07-18, 05:48 PM
Quinn nods a little. I'm so sorry. I should have known better. She takes a deep breath. Thanks...thanks for trying. She smiles at her friends, then stands, reaching out. Hopefully the next one won't be under the sea...

Lex-Kat
2009-07-18, 05:53 PM
Lex takes Jorania and Quinn's hands and POP! they disappear.

When they reappear, they will be facing another ocean. Or maybe the same one, but from a different area.

For one, the ground is a beach, it's kinda.... rocky. (No, it's not a Gray Render living with Judy)

Second, it's a little bit hotter than the beach. Wait.... make that very much hotter.

The Bushranger
2009-07-18, 06:12 PM
((Heehee))

Did somebody throw this thing into the sea or something? Quinn mutters, a moment before the heat hits her. And turned up the blast furnace, too, it would seem...

She quickly tries to cast Endure Elements spells on her tiny friends. Yay paladininess!

Lex-Kat
2009-07-18, 07:02 PM
Ummmm, look! Lex pokes Quinn in the shoulder.

The spell works, btw.

The Bushranger
2009-07-18, 07:10 PM
Alas, she can't cast it on herself. So Quinn's starting to sweat.
She's also spinning around to see what Lex is directing her attention to.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-18, 07:16 PM
Quinn will see a large volcano behind them. And it's smoking hot and maybe ready to burst any moment now.

The Bushranger
2009-07-18, 07:26 PM
Cue facepalming.

Of course, there'd have to be a volcano...
She tries a quick Detect Magic on their surrounding area.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-18, 07:37 PM
Nothing comes through.

The Bushranger
2009-07-18, 07:47 PM
Alright, well we need to do this quick before Mount Saint Hotness over there blows its top. Any ideas, girls?

Lex-Kat
2009-07-18, 07:54 PM
Jorania points east. As Lex and hopefully Quinn follow her finger, they will notice a small opening that leads under the volcano itself.

The Bushranger
2009-07-18, 11:42 PM
Oh no, no no no. I didn't sign up for Indiana Quinn and the Volcano of Doom.
Quinn shakes her head and, despite her grumbling, strikes out for the cave.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-19, 05:39 PM
Both pixies look at Quinn with confusion. Who? Lex asks as they both follow after her.

The Bushranger
2009-07-19, 05:50 PM
It's a movie. Remind me to show it to you some time back at the base.
And she'll make sure she has her short sword out before entering the cave.
I swear, if they make me take a leap of faith I'm leaving a truckload of C4...

Lex-Kat
2009-07-19, 06:49 PM
Inside the cave, it is quickly becoming unbearably hot. There is a reddish glow eminating from deeper inside. The path goes straight ahead for a bit.

The Bushranger
2009-07-19, 06:51 PM
Quinn pauses, then looks back at Lex and Jorania, worriedly.
You two alright?
Oddly, given the spell, they should be doing better than her sweat-soaked and heat-stressed appearance. :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2009-07-19, 07:08 PM
Yeah. We're fine I'm more worried about you. Maybe we should go back out. I can send in a couple of Flaming Dobermans to investigate.

The Bushranger
2009-07-19, 07:10 PM
Quinn quickly shakes her head, not wanting Lex to use her tainted magic, but not coming right out and saying so. I'll be fine, she insists, turning back to continue pressing on.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-19, 07:40 PM
I really think we should take you back outside.

They go deeper inside, until they come to a three-way fork.

The Bushranger
2009-07-19, 10:58 PM
Quinn pauses to take a sip of water from her canteen, wincing at how warm it is.
Do we dare split up? she asks, wiping the cascading sweat from her brow.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-20, 01:02 PM
How? One to each passage? I don't think that's be a good idea.

The Bushranger
2009-07-20, 06:41 PM
Quinn sighs and shakes her head. Majority vote, then? I say left...

Lex-Kat
2009-07-20, 07:01 PM
Jorania closes her eyes and sniffs the air. After crinkling her nose after smelling the left most passage, she points to the right.

Lex shrugs and points right. Gotta follow the nose. The nose knows, right? Lex smiles.

The Bushranger
2009-07-20, 07:22 PM
Quinn giggles and wipes more sweat out of her eyes. I'll go with that. Let's follow her nose!

Lex-Kat
2009-07-20, 07:38 PM
First, maybe we should exit the volcano and get you some fresh water? Lex looks at Quinn with concern.

The Bushranger
2009-07-20, 08:01 PM
And if it blows before we can get back in here? Quinn shakes her head. Thanks...but we need to do this first.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-20, 08:07 PM
Lex frowns. I could always try to put you to sleep. Or.... oh, never mind. Lead on, brave paladin. Lex extends her arm toward the right passage.

The Bushranger
2009-07-20, 08:23 PM
Quinn sticks her tongue out at Lex, then makes her sweaty way to and down the passageway behind door number three on the right.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-20, 08:32 PM
Jorania looks upset and flies in front of Quinn. She looks as if she's about to smack Quinn's face.

The Bushranger
2009-07-20, 09:05 PM
Quinn comes up short, eyebrow raised.
You two really don't want me doing this, do you?

Lex-Kat
2009-07-20, 09:10 PM
I think it was the tongue thing. In her mind, you insulted me. Lex whispers in Quinn's ear.

She meant nothing by it Jorania. She was teasing me, is all.

Jorania looks down sadly. Then slowly does some signing. She is asking for your forgiveness. Do not give it lightly, I warn you. She is being serious.

The Bushranger
2009-07-21, 03:01 PM
Oh.
Quinn blushes, and smiles a little, faintly, looking up at the abashed pixie.
I do forgive you, Jorania. You are still my friend, and you always will be.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-21, 08:14 PM
Jorania moves out of Quinn's way, head still low.

Lead on, Quinn. Lex says.

The Bushranger
2009-07-21, 09:01 PM
Quinn promises herself to make it up to Jorania later, and nods to Lex before striding sweatily forwards!

Lex-Kat
2009-07-21, 09:05 PM
The grade of the passageway begins to slope downward for a long ways. It also gets darker.

Then, strangly, a cool breeze can be felt blowing on their faces.

The Bushranger
2009-07-22, 11:28 AM
Quinn pauses, startled. Did you feel that? How...?

Lex-Kat
2009-07-22, 07:56 PM
Jorania and Lex both nod. Yes. And I don't know how. Maybe they have a pixie dryer?

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 07:57 PM
So, Lex? Trying to escape our vows, are you? Astir's voice hisses, telepathically.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-22, 08:05 PM
Lex shrinks down. Y.. yes?

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 08:07 PM
How... How could you? :smallfrown:

Lex-Kat
2009-07-22, 08:14 PM
I... I don't like being evil. And your gift has made me just that. I'm.. not carefree anymore. Let me go, please. Lex pleads.

All of this is telepathy.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 08:15 PM
Why not just ask, then?! Rather than crawl behind my back, like I'm some abusive monster?! Astir roars, switching to a more conventional form of telepathy.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-22, 08:20 PM
Be... because I thought you'd be mad. Lex cowers.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 08:22 PM
No, Lex. NOW I am mad. To think you would think so LOW of me. :smallfurious:

The Bushranger
2009-07-22, 08:23 PM
Quinn giggles a little, smiling, starting down the hall...
She then pauses noticing Lex lagging, and turns back.
And quickly looks concerned at the actions of her friend. ...Lex?

Lex-Kat
2009-07-22, 08:25 PM
Then... then let me go. Prove me wrong. Lex hides behind Quinn.

Jorania tries to protect Lex. From what, she doesn't know.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-22, 08:25 PM
There is silence. Lex's gift vanishes to nothingness.

The Bushranger
2009-07-22, 08:35 PM
Quinn looks around frantically, trying to see what has Lex so scared.
Even manifesting Psionic True Sight!
Lex? What's wrong? Talk to me...

Lex-Kat
2009-07-22, 08:37 PM
Lex stares blankly at nothingness.

After a moment. I... I think he let me go.

Was... were we wrong about him?

The Bushranger
2009-07-22, 08:43 PM
Quinn quickly tries to give her tiny friend a hug, not knowing what to say.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-22, 08:46 PM
Let's finish the quest, o... okay? Lex looks to Quinn, looking a little shaken, but not stirred.

The Bushranger
2009-07-22, 08:52 PM
=P

Quinn nods. Yeah, we probably should. Onwards then?
And onwards they shall go!

Lex-Kat
2009-07-22, 08:57 PM
As the go around a bend, the breeze gets stronger and smells of.... fresh bread?

Jorania suddenly throws caution to the wind and moves past Quinn.

The Bushranger
2009-07-22, 09:01 PM
Hey, wait!

Quinn hurries up to try and catch up with the daredevil pixie!

Lex-Kat
2009-07-22, 09:10 PM
Before them is suddenly a wide open glade of beautiful grass, a few trees, blowing in the wind. And in the center is a small cottage.

It is from there that the smell of bread is coming from. And it is there that Jorania is heading, not listening to Quinn.

Jorania!! Come back here! Nor does she listen to Lex.

The Bushranger
2009-07-22, 09:12 PM
~Jory! WAIT!~ Quinn fairly screeches mentally, as she puts on all the speed she can trying to catch up...

Lex-Kat
2009-07-23, 12:41 AM
A plump, motherly looking woman steps out of the cottage. What goes on here!? She calls out.

Jorania comes to a stop finally, and starts signing wildly.

Lex follows Quinn after Jorania.

The Bushranger
2009-07-23, 09:33 AM
Quinn skids to a halt next to Jorania, trying to compose herself.
Er...we're travelers? she offers, still trying to catch her breath.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-23, 08:36 PM
Oh, well then come inside. Have some of my fresh baked bread with some honey. Woman steps back, then ducks inside the cottage.

Jorania follows quickly.

Somethings not right here. Be on your guard. Lex says to Quinn.

The Bushranger
2009-07-23, 08:53 PM
Ya think? Quinn mutters back in her best impression of a certain colonel, but nontheless follows Jorania inside, head high, confident, and mind cleared of any potentially incriminating thoughts.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-23, 10:06 PM
Lex follows Quinn inside, close behind.

Inside they find a beautiful home. Everything is clean and placed in its proper place. To one side is an old fashioned oven, the smell of bread wafting out of it.

Jorania is sitting on an upside down tea cup on a lovely table made of some type of white wood. Here ya go dear. The woman says, placing a tiny piece of bread and a tiny thimble filled with a dark looking drink in front of Jorania.

The Bushranger
2009-07-23, 10:16 PM
Quinn quietly tries to Detect Evil, even as she looks around suspiciously.

~I wouldn't drink that...~ she tries to 'say' to Jorania.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-23, 10:23 PM
Quinn detects no evil in the building.

Jorania takes a drink of the liquid, then eats soem bread.

The woman, places a proper cup of the drink, and a delicious looking piece of bread down for Quinn. She then sets up a place for Lex to sit.

My name is Melody, by the way. What brings you here again? She says as Lex sits on her tea cup. My my. You must be some kind of noble. Why.... I bet you are a queen, aren'tcha?

The Bushranger
2009-07-23, 10:27 PM
Quinn was about to politely decline as not being hungry.

But, then, she double-takes as the woman gives her name.

And shoots a look at Lex, eyebrows sky-high.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-24, 08:00 PM
Well, I am a princess. But I never figured I acted that noble. She looks over to Quinn and shrugs.

Jorania diligently continues to eat her bread and drink. She hasn't fallen over yet.

Oh, but you do young miss. I could tell the difference between you and this one immediately. Can you see it, Miss.....

The Bushranger
2009-07-24, 08:14 PM
My name's Quinn. Quinn does her best to tamp down her thoughts and smiles. And I honestly hadn't been looking for it, so I wouldn't know...

All those pixies look the same to her. =P

Lex-Kat
2009-07-24, 08:35 PM
A knowledgable woman such as yourself; and traveling with two pretty, yet obviously different, pixies; and you didn't notice how they acted differently?

And why are you not eating your bread and honey? It's quite rude you know. Look, even your pixie friends are eating theirs.

Indeed, Lex looks to be eating hers.

But what Quinn may notice, is that as soon as Melody isn't looking, she spits out the bread. Quinn can't tell what happened to her drink.

Jorania gets up and starts looking about the room.

The Bushranger
2009-07-24, 11:36 PM
Oh, well I did kinda notice that - but then again, I already knew. I guess it's one of those things you notice without noticing...

Quinn has Paladin Immunities! So she cautiously samples the bread. Ready to follow Lex's lead the moment she notices anything, though.

Sorry about that. My mind is kind of distracted. You see, we're on a Quest to help our friends.

She keeps a curious eye on Jorania.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-26, 06:43 PM
Quinn may notice that the bread tastes.... perfect. It's better than the best bread Quinn has ever tasted. In fact, Quinn may be tempted to eat more, and actually swallow it this time.

Oh, and what are you looking for?

The Bushranger
2009-07-26, 06:50 PM
Quinn eyes the bread with a combination of suspisiousness, and desire.
Well, it's part of a gun... She goes on to explain. Eyeing the bread longingly.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-26, 07:14 PM
Melody looks at Quinn curiously. What's a gun?

The Bushranger
2009-07-26, 07:27 PM
And Quinn explains about how a gun works, and what they're looking for loks like.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-27, 08:41 PM
Ya know, I think I did pick up something like what you described. It's in my room, if you'll follow me. Melody stands up and heads for the only door in the cottage, besides the exit.

The Bushranger
2009-07-27, 08:46 PM
Quinn picks up the bread!
And almost eats it. It tastes soooooo good...
But instead she discreetly tries to tuck it into a pocket for analysis later, as she goes to follow Melody. Keeping an eye on Jorania.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-27, 09:53 PM
Melody opens the door and enters. She moves behind the door, and before Quinn can get too suspicious, she reappears with a lit candlestick.

The Bushranger
2009-07-27, 10:00 PM
Isn't she too suspicious already?

Er...why do we need that? Quinn asks, wondering.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-27, 10:25 PM
Because it's dark in here, silly. She smiles and looks at her dark room.

The Bushranger
2009-07-27, 10:33 PM
Well, shouldn't it be bright and cheerful in your home? Quinn persists. Still feeling tempted by the bread.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-28, 09:19 PM
And waste the candles? I should think not.

It's good enough that the volcano keeps it nice and warm, so no need to buy coal or wood for a stove.

I think it's over here. She begins to lead Quinn through the candlelit room to the other side.

The Bushranger
2009-07-28, 09:29 PM
Ah. I presume you have magic keeping things cool down here? Quinn asks.

Sneaking a nibble of the bread...

Lex-Kat
2009-07-28, 10:10 PM
Mmmm delicious. :smallsmile:

Quinn may hear the sound of something very light dropping to the floor. She also may hear the scream of a certain princess as she rushes to her loyal servants side.

But maybe not, as there is a sound barrier inside this room (Keeps outside noise from coming in). But she probably doesn't realize that either. Or the fact that the barrier should also keep her in.

Oh, but look!!!! There's the firing mechanism, as promised. Here it is. Melody says, confident Quinn can only hear her.

The Bushranger
2009-07-28, 10:29 PM
And Quinn smiles a little, unaware of whats happening with her friends, or of the impending trap.
:smallfrown:

What do we owe you for this? she asks pleasantly.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-29, 07:34 PM
Oh, I'll think of something. She says as she heads back out of the room.

Just outside of the barrier, she gives Lex a smack, flinging her across the room. You should have eaten the bread like your friend here. She lifts up Jorania carefully.

The Bushranger
2009-07-29, 08:38 PM
Quinn, who had been following, lets out a yell at seeing what's happening and lunges after her...

Only to get knocked back by the barrier!

Lex-Kat
2009-07-29, 08:50 PM
At Quinn's yell, Melody turns and grins at her. Quinn will now see a very ugly face, with sharp yellowed teeth. She looks to be saying something to Quinn.

If Quinn can read lips, she will be saying: Poor Paladin. Worry not. I'll let you go, as soon as I've cooked me up some pixie pudding. It should be especially good what with the noble blood mixed in.

Melody then goes and lifts up the unconscious Lex. She carries both to the table and lays them face down.

The Bushranger
2009-07-29, 08:58 PM
Quinn isn't too good at lip-reading, but she gets the jist of it.

And, furious, takes a few steps back, before throwing a blast of sonic energy at the shield holding her in.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-29, 09:39 PM
The sonic blast doesn't burst the bubble.

Melody picks up a pearing knife and rolls Jorania onto her side. With one and, she carefully pulls her wings out straight.

The Bushranger
2009-07-29, 09:47 PM
Quinn, needless to say, is screaming.
And, furious, tries to Dimension Door her way out.
Straight to Melody's side to tackle her, if it works...

Lex-Kat
2009-07-29, 09:57 PM
Yup. That worked.

Melody is tackled one second after cutting Jorania's wings off her back.

How'd..... Get off me or you'll die like them!!! She tries to wrap her talons around Quinns throat.

The Bushranger
2009-07-29, 10:10 PM
Quinn, as it happens, has a dagger. And knows how to use it.

Even as she starts choking, she goes to use it. Deep into Melody's side.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-29, 10:13 PM
Melody growls as she is stabbed. She tries to bring Quinn's face closer to her own, her jaws opening as if to bite her.

Which is what she'll try to do.