PDA

View Full Version : Epic [Insert level 1-9 spell here]??

Raenir Salazar
2009-07-05, 08:43 PM
What if I wanted to take a somewhat mundane spell in the standard list but make it epic? How hard would this be in terms of spellcraft DC and how effective would they be?

Example Epic Banishment: Banishing a Pit fiend or a Balor anyone? Would doing so give xp?

Epic Magic Missile?

Epic Shadow Duplication: ? basically a combination of shadow conjuration and evocation by 99% real?

Epic Shapechange? Shapechange but now no limit to HD? Ancient Great Force dragon Wyrm anyone?

Epic AMF: Like AMF but with a more adjustable range and doesn't effect the caster?

Epic Spell absorption: Absorbing Disjunction?

Epic Gate: Summon anything?

Possibilities?

TSED
2009-07-05, 09:02 PM
Well, check out the seeds. Shouldn't be that hard to figure out the DCs for them.

On the other hand, epic shapechange would still be limited. Hardcoded that you can't polymorph into something with more HD than you.

Raenir Salazar
2009-07-05, 09:40 PM
Well, check out the seeds. Shouldn't be that hard to figure out the DCs for them.

On the other hand, epic shapechange would still be limited. Hardcoded that you can't polymorph into something with more HD than you.

normal spahechange i think is no more then twice your hit die to a maximum of 25 i think.

TSED
2009-07-06, 02:57 AM
"This spell functions like polymorph, except that it enables you to assume the form of any single nonunique creature (of any type) from Fine to Colossal size. The assumed form cannot have more than your caster level in Hit Dice (to a maximum of 25 HD). Unlike polymorph, this spell allows incorporeal or gaseous forms to be assumed."

Ok, my bad. I guess it can't exceed your caster level. That one's new to me.

Milskidasith
2009-07-06, 03:35 AM
You can create your epic AMF with Extraordinary Spell Aim.