PDA

View Full Version : Mighty Creatures II : A Mighty World

ArlEammon
2009-07-05, 08:48 PM
A wizened, silver robed man greets you all. None of you remember who you were or where you came from. All you know is who you ARE. What you are like, and what you wish to do. (Or not.) "I am Saradinus." The wizened figure states. "Once I was what the mortals worshipped as a god, but I have transcended the boundaries of worship and contain my own cosmic energies. One day you may do the same in an equal manner. Now, however, you must be content to scrounge the rich planet and celestial bodies below for your own powers. You all have your own followers now, I sent them to you."

In the great, magificent Realm above, which is far too advanced for you to really comprehend, you are mystically sent like lightning bolts to the planet of Orothearn. In the Central Empire of Moghan, the Emperor Garland broods over the present darkness over the world. A great war caused devestation to all the nations, even Moghan. Now, Moghan is all that is left. Garland, the Lord of Magic, Thunder and strength, has no way to re-unite the continent of Moghan with the rest of the world. The World War left all of the territories cut off from eachother, with Moghan the only major nation left with millions of people.

However, all of the nations that barely managed to survive will have very effective helpers in getting them back on their feet. You, the Mighty Ones have come to Orothearn. Perhaps you will lead the world into a Mighty new reign of peace and splendor, or will there be another World War?

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117360

Ezeze
2009-07-05, 09:31 PM
The Book of Mikel, first paragraph.

After the war an osprey appeared in a dream to Mikel, and to Arianna, on their wedding night. And it told them to come to the North, where they knew there was nothing but desolate desert, and to bring with them all of their city. They spoke of their dream to those they had survived with, ten thousand all told, and to their amazement not a one refused to go with them. When they reached the place of prophecy there stood not a desert, but a city built amongst a lush and green forest, with fertile land that could provide well for years to come. There the people built a shrine to the one who had led them, and when they had completed it a voice spoke to them, saying "I am Zennara, and you are my chosen people. Here you will be safe from those who would do you harm, and all I ask is that you love me, and that you love one another."

Intermediate Acts: Create two great mortals (Mikel and Arianna)
Minor Acts: Create Lush Forest, Inspire People (to follow Mikel and Arianna), Create City.

ArlEammon
2009-07-05, 09:35 PM
(I forgot, whenever you make updates to your civilization and characters, you can put them in the OOC thread)

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-05, 09:38 PM
Grimtusk

The mammoth-headed god found himself on a distant island. The edge of the world. A frigid and dark place, covered in snow for the better part of the year. The god's supernatural senses indicated that there was something wrong here. It was Death. Everywhere around him...Death. If it had been anyone else, this would have been nauseating. But Grimtusk did not fear oblivion. He did not mind necrosis. Death was part of his nature.

Not long ago, there had been a mass slaughter or a cataclysm. He wasn't sure which. One thing was certain; the souls of the dead were going wild! He lowered his head and there he saw them... The lost spirits, drifting under the ice. What a mess...and it was his to fix. But he was not alone for this task. The last survivors of the disaster, a race of humanoid bears, the Urskan, sought to heal and reclaim the land.

Grimtusk discovered a fishing village nearby. He decided to approach the Urskan and request their help. As he appeared to them, his lantern in hand, the mortals shouted:

"Ataninnuaq! Ataninnuaq! Ataninnuaq!"

That's how they called him. And that's the name he took for himself.

Ataninnuaq.

---------------------

Grimtusk led the chieftain of the village and a few of their warriors to a narrow mountain pass to the North. The holy light of his lantern cast away the darkness and held the monstrous denizens of the region at bay. On the other side of the pass, the Urskan found a barren valley. They seemed confused at first, but their faith in the Spirit Caller was strong and so they stayed at his side. They waited a long time while Grimtusk performed a strange ritual. But their patience was rewarded. After he completed the necessary incantations, there was a great tremor and gigantic bones emerged from the earth. The bear men noticed that the bones were rearranging themselves.

Only a moment before, this valley had been empty. Now, it had the looks of a great sanctuary. In the center of the valley was erected a mighty ivory Throne. Sculptures carved in the mountainside showed the way to Ataninnuaq's sanctuary. Anyone seeking an advice of a favor from Grimtusk were welcome here, but the primary purpose of this holy site was something else entirely: to act as a beacon for lost souls and increase Grimtusk's influence over them.

2 major acts: Create the Spiritual Grounds (throne)

Eon
2009-07-05, 11:13 PM
K'bur'ol

A small village of elvish-like creatures were celebrating a good harvest in their small plains. Suddenly a thing in a black robe with glowing green eyes approached the elven-creatures. "i am K'bur'ol" said the wraith-like thing. "What manner of creature are you?"
"We are Lorsils K'bur'ol. Why have you wandered into our village?"
"I am looking for a great race that would be loyal to me. If you wish to live in a great city on a mountain, you will come with me."
All of the Lorsils agreed to come and stood by him. He summoned the power of air he controlled and they all flew to a mountaintop city where they all found fully furnished homes with all they needed. Trees grew all around and water was provided by a large fountain in the center of the city. he chose a man named Vouy and a woman named Gure to birth the future leader Voris. A mighty Dragon named Isith and her dragons she lead promised to live with the Lorsils and coexist peacefully.

Major: form a country. Create a power source Well of renewal. all nearby people cannot die of old age and all wounds are healed. create might race.
Intermediate: none
minor: geological features.

Lokken
2009-07-06, 12:01 AM
Wei Fang

It was a terrible, wonderful, thing. He was cast down from the heavens. He was lightning. Raging against his fall Wei Fang clawed at the sky, he wrestled with it, yelled and raged against his descent to this earthly realm. The sky over the realm that was destined to be his would be forever changed because of that fall. Stars realigned, shaping a tapestry of symbols. The very same symbols that shifted and changed over Fang's own black body. The stars would mimic their change, or perhaps it was his tattoos that mimicked the stars?

As Fang's descent was violent, so too was his landing. Brilliant as lightning he struck the earth, scorching it and forming a crater around himself. The ordeal of it all, being thrown from the heavens, wrestling the sky itself, and then crashing to the earth had left their toll on Wei Fang. Dribbling from the side of his lips fell a measure of his blood, which seeped into the ground and charged a vein or ore with his godlike energies.

Stepping out of the crater Wei Fang looked around and took in the world about him. It was full of fragile thing clinging to existence and expiring in short meaningless lives. The sky, he noticed, had changed. It bore the scars of their battle. His brand now upon it. The earth too, or at least that crater he had stepped from, had changed since his arrival. He could feel seen how it changed the metal beneath the surface.

Lastly, there was a bold humanoid staring at him from the rise of a nearby hill. The only one to have seen him climb from the crater. Some bold soul who'd likely watched Fang plummet to the ground. When Fang approached it, the humanoid ran away. He followed and in doing so was lead to a small, primitive, village. The encounter between Wei Fang and these people was admixture of fear, awe, and suspicion. But in the end the decided to let him stay with them.

The villagers were a tribal group, part of an extended clan system. Word spread to the neighboring tribes about the black man with glowing eyes and swirling radiant tattoos. These gathering numbers were taken advantage of by Fang. Being a charismatic sort he garnered the loyalty of some, and taught them of the celestial symbols in the sky. He also showed them the Blood Stone Ore that had formed in the earth, and worked those who seemed skilled in crafting to develop used for the material.

Of Fang's disciples, a man by the name of Valek proved to be the most adapt at working with these coincidental gifts Wei Fang's arrival brought. The two of them began to work closely. Valek's own experimentation with the So'denak would change him forever.

3 Major Acts: Create Grand Power Source (So'denak celestial symbols)

1 Intermediate Act: Create Lesser Power Source (Blood Stone Ore)

2 Intermediate Act: Create an Immortal Great "Mortal" (Valek)

1 Minor Act: Inspire Followers (Study So'denak)

1 Minor Act: Inspire Followers (Work with Blood Stone)

1 Minor Act: Inspire Followers (Crafting Items)

Tyreus
2009-07-06, 01:38 AM
Zander

The bolt of divine power strikes the mountain side with a soundless flash. It takes Zander only a moment to gather the shards of his awareness into a single form. As he remembers his fall he gains new insight. During his plummet towards this new realm, Zander understood the great Realm above a little better. Such an understanding, even one so slight, brought forth an immense new wellspring of knowledge. Many things became known to him; things that have already happened, things happening now, and things that have yet to happen. With an intense focusing of his mental powers, a small globe began to coalesce in the sky above him. It formed into a hexagon of the purest crystal and he willed himself to his new sanctuary. There he sought out a species suitable for his purposes and unlocked their latent psionic potential.

You will need a place to learn and grow

With that he helped them focus their new powers into creating a city of crystal, willing the mighty structures from the ground. They used a mindlink to instantaneously select the most suited among them as a leader. Thus began the Crystal Kingdom.

2 major acts - Create a throne
1 major act - Gain a Domain (knowledge)

2 intermediate acts - Create a Great (Im)Mortal
1 intermediate act - Create a Kingdom

1 minor act - create city
2 minor acts - inspire followers

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-06, 07:42 AM
Grimtusk

The god of death was ready to send his mortal followers away, but they implored him to share some of his knowledge with them before they departed. Grimtusk wasn't sure what to teach them. But then he noticed that the Urskan were greatly intrigued by the esoteric symbols crafted into the bones and stone pillars of the Spiritual Grounds.

"It seems that you are drawn to this. Perhaps I can teach you the art of runeforging. Come here, " he said as he was picking rocks and a chisel from his moosehide bag. "I will show you how to inscribe symbols of power on any surface. This will allow you to carry the magic anywhere you go."

The Urskan left the sanctuary with this new knowledge and even a few runic stones crafted by their god. Grimtusk touched each of their foreheads, issuing a blessing to ensure their safety. But in truth, he did more than that. When the chieftain and his warriors returned home, they discovered a rune on the back of their hand. Their very soul held the secret of runeforging. The first runesmiths were born.

Create supernatural technique: Runeforging (1 major act)

There exist two types of runes: lesser and greater. Anyone can be taught to craft lesser runic stones by runesmiths. Those can replicate low-level magical effects, but are always destroyed after use (the runes then disappear from the surface on which they were created). Lesser runes can be inscribed on wood, metal and ivory. They are commonly used to protect one individual, ward one hut, etc. They are sometimes considered good luck charms.

Greater runes can only be created by runesmiths, those who bear the sacred marks. While the smiths may craft any lesser rune, they are only able to replicate greater runes associated with their unique mark. They may use the power of their mark on themselves or imbue something else with it, thus inscribing a greater rune. Greater runes can be found on masterwork objects, such as tools and weapons, as well as huts, boats and stone formations. Greater runes can also affect a living being, in which case they manifest either on the forehead or the chest (around the area of the heart). Unlike the runesmith's special mark, this rune is only temporary. Still, the greater runes of a smith last longer than lesser runes and can affect larger areas (such as an entire village).

Crafting lesser runes takes time but almost no effort. Inscribing greater runes takes as much time, but it also costs life force, as the artisan puts a part of himself in his work. A smith may only inscribe a few greater runes every week, after which he is fatigued. The more he uses the power of his mark, the sicklier he gets. If the smith is not careful, he may die and turn into a ice statue. The only sure way to prevent that is to pass his mark to another. This is how new runesmiths are made.

The mark of a smith is somewhat inspired by eberron dragonmarks.

orchitect
2009-07-06, 08:36 AM
Levi

And from the depths a great multitude of beasts coalesced into the monstrous form of the Great Hunter, born from the savage spirit of the Tide Walkers. To my spirit I bound a thousand sharks. From my new body I learned the lay of the land, and of the presence of the Tide Walkers. I made haste to move among them.

From the tribes of the Tide Walkers I gather a coalition of alphas who swear fealty to me. In return for keeping their people faithful to me I will protect their lives and give them order in chaos. As a sign of my power I grant these champions my strength.

Though I am eager to take to a throne I make my first priority the fortification of my realm. I task my followers with building a great fortress with mazes and traps to deter invasion. I also take care to ensure that my people have provisions should a fool besiege my realm.

I next teach the warriors the skill of battle-growth and how to increase their size and power when faced with overwhelming odds. Using this technique they can grow to be twice their size and twice as strong, like the mega sharks of ancient times.

I do not want my people to be consumed with only hunting and fighting, as I was in my youth so I create the first Warrior-scientist to learn the ways of the natural world and to teach others what she has learned. I task her specifically with learning about the minerals and metals that the ocean floor is rich with, so that we might use them to our advantage.

I create another great mortal, a Warrior-philosopher to lead my champions and warriors into battle. He I task with the study of the art of war and reason. I specifically task him with teaching my champions the best way to rule their people and ensure their prosperity, including the definition of a moral code.

Finally, I create a Warrior-artist, to inspire my people to greater heights. To him I task the learning of music and other arts so that my people may have a life worth returning to when they are fighting, and more reason to live than die vainly in battle. Specifically I am interested in the ways sound can be used underwater.

2 Major Acts: Create the Tide Walker Empire
1 Major Act: Create Battle-growth Technique
3 Intermediate Acts: Create the three Warrior-Intellectuals
1 Minor Act: Create mid-level champions

ArlEammon
2009-07-06, 10:13 AM
Turn 1
Each of the characters discover they are not alone in their regions. It appears that whatever killed so many of the people still exist there.

OOC: Choose your enemy, and roleplay a storyline where you defeat it. In this way you will help to earn a portfolio.

Tyreus
2009-07-06, 11:10 AM
Zander

His people, known as the Valandi, were prospering in their new kingdom. With their growing psionic powers they were finding ever more efficient ways to gather food and resources, leaving more time to meditate and train their minds. Then Zander became aware of another presence, a group of foul creatures far below the earth. They were making their way to the surface! Consulting his vast knowledge, Zander recognized the creatures as Urktols, black skinned brutes whose minds were consumed only by hate and rage. This, combined with the earth and stone of the underdark, shielded them from Zander’s perception for this long. If their mental resistance was this strong, then his followers were in great peril.

My children, a threat comes from below. They have minds filled with madness; to touch one is useless.

The Urktols spilled forth from the nearby mountains. The Valandi fought bravely though, using their powers over body and matter, rather then the mind. In the end they prevailed, but suffered great losses.

You have overcome great odds and will be rewarded. Now you not only understand the strength of the mind, but also its weaknesses. Use this knowledge well.

With that Zander meditated on his throne, gathering the forces necessary for his next task.

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-06, 12:09 PM
Grimtusk

The god of death sat on his throne. And he waited. He waited for the first souls to come to his domain, from where they could be guided to the afterlife. But it seemed that the creation of the Spiritual Grounds was not enough to bring them back on the right path. The wind whispered to Grimtusk the awful truth: someone was blocking the flow of souls. Now, the mammoth-headed god didn't like to fight, but this was personal. Whoever was responsible was hindering Grimtusk's job. He or she was preventing him from fulfilling his prupose. And that was unacceptable.

The Spirit Caller left his sanctuary and it was night outside. The sun wouldn't rise for many days. The northern lights danced in the sky. Grimtusk wandered the frozen steppes for a long time, braving a raging blizzard. All this time, he felt as if he was being watched, but he continued anyway. Finally, Grimtusk arrived at the North Pole. There he found an enormous crater. Once he got closer, he could see how deep it really was. Several chunks of meteor rock were scattered inside the crater. In the center of it all, there was a fortress made from that same material. Grimtusk frowned at this sight. He took out one of his runic stones and activated its power. The rune vanished, but a ghostly symbol appeared floating above the death god. Then both he and the symbol became invisible.

With this magical protection, Grimstuk descended in the crater and made his way to the gates of the black citadel. Inside, he discovered a stairway leading to a vast underground structure. He went deeper and deeper and visited the keep's many chambers. The master of this place seemed to be crafting blood red monoliths of meteor rock for an unknown purpose. He was hoarding souls and chaining them to the stones. Is it possible that he was drawing upon their life force? Once he got to the bottom of the structure, Grimtusk understood it all. The monoliths holding the souls of the Lost were apparently brought down here, where they were carved in the shape of hulking humanoids. The lord of the fortress planned to animate these armored golems to make himself a superpowered, ruthless army. According to the number of inactive golems, the plan was well underway.

"I don't know who you are or how you found me, but now your life belongs to me!"

Grimtusk looked back. A creature was staring at him from the stairs. It was a large, misshapen and slightly obese humanoid. It had sparse grey hair, ocher skin and a huge mouth filled with razor sharp teeth. Its hands and feet ended in powerful claws. The right part of its abdomen was missing; only a few ribs and strips of rotten skin were left. The creature was obviously some kind of undead beast. It was only wearing torn pants, but it wielded a axe made from starmetal.

"I am Ataninnuaq. I don't have time for you. Cease this operation immediately. Let me do my job."

"Rarrgh! Your life is forfeit! You face Irdlirvirg now, lord of the winter lands!"

Grimtusk was taken by surprise. The creature named Irdlirvirg was far stronger then he imagined. He enraged and threw itself at the mammoth-headed god, tearing though his hide armor. Grimtusk fought back as best as he could, but brawls were not his speciality. Eventually, the undead lord knocked him back; the death god didn't even have the strength to get up anymore. As Irdlirvirg approached him, intending to deal the fatal blow, he realized what Grimtusk really was. He knew he wasn't powerful enough to end a god's life. He had to find another solution to get rid of him. So Irdlirvirg took the beaten body and traveled to a nearby lake. He trapped Grimtusk in a block of ice and sent it to the depths, where he would hopefully stay forever in a state of coma...

Part 2 later

Ezeze
2009-07-06, 03:21 PM
The Book of Mikel, second paragraph.

The people did worship Zennara, and love one another. Crops grew full and there was no shortage or want. But in turning to Zennara, the people had abandoned their old gods. They were gods of hatred, and gods of fear, who had demanded blood sacrifice. Now unappeased, they rose from the very ground, intending to collect their toll. But Zennara protected her people, and caused the forest she had built to grow wild and twisted and filled it with a perpetual mist. And she enchanted it, so that no one of malicious intent could navigate it, and instead they would wander from one side to the other, as if in a dream, without ever encountering another soul. So it was called the Forest of Dreams.

Major Acts: Create a Power Source (Forest of Dreams)

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-06, 06:38 PM
Grimtusk's quest, part 2

The god of death remained in his icy prison for many mortal years. During that time he was barely aware of his surroundings. His body was paralyzed but his immortal spirit was slowly recovering from his defeat at the hands of Irdlirvirg. He was adapting. But would he free himself in time to to stop the demented undead?

Grimtusk opened his eyes. His vision was blurry, but he could discern shapes. Shattered ice, all around him. The remains of his prison, certainly. Further away, he saw a dozen shadows. As things appeared a bit clearer, Grimtusk recognized the shadows for what they really were: the Urskan chieftain and his warriors, the first runesmiths. But they were different. Purer. In fact, it was their spirits. Grimtusk's Chosen had passed away not too long ago. They were lost, just like all the other souls on the continent, but they resisted. They held on to their bond, that which linked them to the god of death, and they were led here. So powerful were their spirits that they successfully destroyed Irdlirvirg's trap. Grimtusk thanked his loyal servants. Now fully in control of himself, he sought a way to despose the undead lord. Surprisingly, the answer could be found in these dark waters. Grimtusk meditated at the bottom of the lake, calling the nature spirits to his aid. He swore allegiance to the land itself. He tamed the cold. And he further changed. Ataninnuaq sacrificed one of his tusks to the elements, thus completing the ritual. His other tusk took a silver gleam. Now was time to fight back.

Grimtusk found his way back to the black citadel though the maze-like tunnels, followed by the restless Urskan spirits. Irdlirvirg was busy fashioning new golems of meteor rock when the god of death bursted in his domain.

"How could you free yourself?!"

"I fear you have miscalculated. In fact, you actually gave me the means to best you. This broken tusk is the symbol of my new dedication. All of this may be meaningless in the end, but right now, I will take pleasure in ridding the world of you. You have no chance of winning; accept it. I come here to claim the title of Winterlord...I will not be denied."

The undead threw himself at Grimtusk, but he was stopped dead in his tracks by the Urskan. They were less powerful than him, but it was difficult to deal with twelve rogue spirits at the same time. Meanwhile, the god of death unleashed all the wrath of winter on Irdlirvirg. A conjured blizzard blocked his sight and slowed his movements. Then, water carrying razor sharp ice shards flowed from the tunnels inside the chamber. Now, Grimtusk headed for the stairs. The warriors followed. As he ran up, he left many runes on the walls. Finally, he arrived to the gates, on which he inscribed one last rune. He climbed up the crater where he was joined by the Urskan.

"Nothing is truly eternal."

The runes activated and the citadel collasped itself, burying the vile undead under tons of rubble, along with all his creations. Grimtusk conjured more chilly water to fill the crater, which froze up almost immediately. Only a few meteor shards stood out of the landscape like black teeth. The god of death was relieved. With the last Lord of Winter destroyed, the lost spirits were free. However, the twelve warriors decided to remain at Grimtusk's side instead of venturing to the other side. At first, Ataninnuaq wasn't too pleased, but after he put some thought into it, he accepted their proposition. From now on, the chieftain and the eleven other Urskan would be known as the Frost Guard.

Create Starfall Lake in the far North (1 minor)
Create 12 champions, collectively known as the Frost Guard (1 minor)

Mike_the_Mystic
2009-07-06, 08:59 PM
Father Bear nods at the strange bearded man's orders. "I shall protect and nurture the nature of this world" he says before descending "For the Sleeper Has Awakened!"

The Story of the Ouna'Kai

We, the People of Kaiune, the Ouna'Kai, have lived peacefully for thousands of years. But before this, we were a mighty empire. We lived in luxury, in decadence, living in mighty cities and practicing powerful magics.

But we were a foolish people, we used are magics too far. We destroyed are cities in a single day and night, reducing them to ruins and myths. We fled to the forests, which were few and scattered.

From the magic a mighty mountain range was stretched from one end of Kaiune to the other, across the line of power. We were a scattered people, living in different corners of the world. The people became seperated, as the lands changed.

On the western side of Kaiune, the world became desert, both flat and hilled. People lived in the sides of canyons, or in caves, making thier homes out of adobe and stone.

On the eastern side, Kaiune was forest and plains. People of the forests lived in long houses and small huts, feeding off of nuts, berries, rabbits, deer, fish, and other things. The people of the plains hunted pronghorn, bison, mammoths, and other big animals. They even tamed some of the animals for travel and food. They moved with the herds, not living in one place for too long.

And all along the coasts, there were people who fished, living off the sea and making boats out of whale bones and seal skins. They have gone out farther than any of the rest of us.

We became a better people though, no matter how seperated we are. We are peaceful, living off the land and never again will we harm Kaiune.

Father Bear's Arrival to Kaiune and the Ouna'Kai
Father Bear found a people who he could be proud of. They were a people in tune with nature, living off its bounty, but never taking more than they need. They were seperated, both from many others and each other, but they were perfect for him. So he made his presence known among them, filling them in the spirit of his power. Their elders were filled with dreams of him, guiding them and protecting them. They began worshipping Wakoyantanke, the Great Bear as they call him. Thus Father Bear becomes the god of the Ouna'Kai.

Lokken
2009-07-06, 09:03 PM
Wei Fang

It was during the first spring since Fang's arrival that new reached the village he stayed at of Lalora. The people he had encountered described the woman as a Goddess of Lust and Violent Death. It was rumored that her presence alone inspired mortal wanton carnal acts that lead to orgies of sex and bloody death. The 'Goddess' came in the spring, visiting the villages and calling upon their citizens to sacrifice themselves in their lustful need.

Curious to see if this woman, Lalora, was a true threat to his power in this place, Fang left the village. He traveled to what he predicted would be the next village on her tour of the tribes. For days he watched and waited on the outskirts. But she came. Lalora was a beautiful, dark woman. Just as the rumors had suggested, none could resist her. None could bring themselves to harm her, even as she inspired once another to perverse deaths.

Wei Fang felt the urge to go to her. To join her, to be her's. But before the thoughts could anchor themselves in his mind he withdrew from the village, and returned to the people who had come to dwell with. When the day of Lalora's arrival came Wei Fang's disciples kept everyone inside while he delivered a gift to her. Intrigued by the new face, and a potentially powerful servant to her cause, Lalora humored Wei Fang and walked with him to a nearby river.

There he showed her his gift. A beautiful necklace of gold. Delicate, with floral etching. He moved to put the necklace around her neck, but dropped the necklace into the water. Lalora's eyes followed the path of the necklace, looking into the water to see where it landed. There she say her own reflection and, unable to resist her own charms, leapt into the water. There, Wei Fang hand hidden a large mirror. She couldn't help but draw closer, to stay near her own reflection and there Lalora drowned.

orchitect
2009-07-07, 12:08 PM
"And Levi did meet the terrible Trilobot upon the planes before Gether's Frenzy..."

Nahor, my Warrior-philosohper was returning from a tribal council when he first saw the fortress. His first response was, “Father, this fortress is ingenious! What foe would risk becoming trapped within its endless corridors? Who could escape the traps and dead-ends before you or the guard could descend upon them? Surely such a kill is not as satisfying as hunting in the open sea, but do hunters not always try to catch their prey at a disadvantage?”

I spoke through one of my sharks, a young but powerful specimen that always followed Nahor, “I find that the prey always puts up a better fight when it knows its going to die.”

Nahor spoke softly, “The elders, your champions, mentioned that during the meeting.

“Well,” I said, “does this make me a monster?”

“No father,” laughed Nahor, “you’re a thousand of them.”

Deep in my fortress I meditated on Nahor’s words. My sharks had been hunting alongside my people, the Tide Walkers, since my birth, but they had never seen them hunt in force. Maybe that, I finally agreed upon, was why my champions were growing restless. After all they were hunters by nature, and unsure of any ruler who could not take down a worthy adversary. However, my sharks had yet to find one.

Nahor and Zimri had spoken of a great unnatural beast that had attempted to wipe out the Tide Walkers. They called it Trilobot. In Zimri’s paintings it was large enough to swallow the sun and crush cities beneath its skittering claws. It had other devastating powers too, and its armour was said to be impenetrable. So fearsome was this beast that the Walkers believed it to be real, but I was not convinced. I consulted Zimri, my warrior-artisan.

“Zimri, if Trilobot was so awesome, how did the Walkers defeat it?”

“Well father,” said Zimri as he dabbed more algae paint on the wall of the latest militia barracks, “I have yet to paint that piece of this mural, but if you look here you can see the Walkers pushing Trilobot over this cliff. The next piece will show Trilobot falling into the abyss and being crushed by the darkness, the only force that can break its shell.”

I took in his words and after congratulating him on such a wonderful artistic accomplishment, sent that shark elsewhere for Zimri did not like having his father around at all times.

As I swam away, watching my militia practice the art of underwater fighting and learning to control their battle-growth powers I turned my attention to Bezalel, my scientist.

Nahor and Zimri were better at balancing their martial and intellectual pursuits Bezalel was always drawn more to her studies. I always found her alone and completely consumed by whatever task she had set for herself.

“Bezalel, why do you choose not to fight like your brothers?” I asked her.

Without looking at me she replied, “Because there is simply too much to study and learn. The process of scientific study is long and complicated, and leaves me little time for much else.”

This must also be why she hasn’t yet found a mate, I assumed. Nahor and Zimri had, but that was another troubling matter.

“If you like, Bezalel, I could grant a whole city of Walkers with your level of intellect and you would not have to be burdened by it alone.”

She finally looked at me, into the cloudy eyes of her companion, an ancient brute who never left her side. “Levi, do you think I am not capable of fulfilling this task on my own?”

Taken aback I paused before saying, “No, Bezalel, I think you are more than capable, I just want you to have time to live, to hunt, like your people are born to do.”

“Well when you say it like that, then yes, I would like to have help in this task, though I do not want any companionship, Hul here is more than enough,” she said rubbing the shark’s snout.

“Very well, but I have digressed, Bezalel, I had not realized how your absence had pained me. I come with another motive. In your travels have you found any evidence that lends truth to the myth of Trilobot?”

Bezalel sat in thought and finally said, “I have found vessels made of metal that have sunk deeper into the abyss than anything else I have found. There were twisted and broken, cracked and crushed by the darkness. I assumed that Trilobot was likewise destroyed, but I have not found evidence of his passing. It is possible Trilobot fell farther down than those magnificent vessels.”

“Thank you Bezalel,” I said, “I intend to keep my promise but firs I must put my fears to rest.”

Bezalel had already returned her attention to a gigantic fossil, exposed on the side of a cliff, and I turned my attention elsewhere.

I cast my essence into the darkness, and searched for the great predators that I knew lurked below. Hul was one of them, a species of ancient shark that called the crushing darkness its home. I would not deprive my daughter of her companion so I sought another of his kind to be my eyes in that lightless realm. Like prey to a glow-fish they came to me, a school of gargantuans built for life in the merciless darkness. I bound them to me, and sent off all but one, Hex, an alpha and a knowledgeable if not rash young shark.

Immediately my mind was filled with Hex’s knowledge of the darkness and all the lied within. I knew where my target was and set off immediately for it. After hours of swimming deeper and deeper into the darkness I found it, Trilobot, the terrible beast that lived on in the songs and nightmares of the Walkers. Only it was evident that this Trilobot was not alive.

Through Hex’s eyes I saw swarms of arthropods skittering across Trilobot’s body, appearing to devour it. I swam closer and what I found was more unsettling than the truth of the Walker’s myths. The arthropods were not alive, and yet they moved, and they were not devouring Trilobot, they were feeding themselves to him. As I swamp passed Trilobot’s enormous eyes it opened and cast Hex in a red light that pierced the darkness. Trilobot was alive, and yet, he was not.

Hex died instantly, incinerated by the light of Trilobot’s eye. I could regenerate him later, maybe, but first I had to prepare my people for war. I turned by attention back to Hul and Bezalel.

“Bezalel, quickly, Trilobot exists and it is coming to our realm from the depths, prepare your people for war!” I quickly sent a similar message to Nahor and Zimri who readied their militias. I chose to recompose my body, calling the sharks bound to my essence back to me. I stood over all of my people like a titan, and I could feel their respect for me grow. My champions were pleased to see me take action for the first time and I for one was glad to awe them.

Trilobot came up from the depths and I fell upon him, but I broke like a wave crashing against a rocky outcrop. I had never faced a foe so powerful. Hundreds of my sharks died in an instant, many more would die from their injuries. In shock I could do nothing more than watch as Trilobot rushed towards my realm.

“Levi!” cried my children, but the loudest voice of all was Bezelel’s. I saw through Hul’s eyes as she led charge after charge at the great beast. All around her the city of Gether’s Frenzy was in ruins. Bezalel would surely die before Nahor and Zimri could reach her.

I called again upon the great predators of the darkness and bound them to me. Fully reconstituted I made haste to unleash my fury on the terrible beast, Trilobot. I crashed against him, a wave of gargantuan sharks and snapping teeth. Trilobot was forced to turn his attention away from the massacre of my people long enough for them to regroup, but Bezalel stood by me, swimming amongst me and striking against Trilobot in frenzied rage.

Trilobot was everything the Walker’s myths said it was. I crashed again and again upon it, my attacks not even scarring its impenetrable hide. I turned to Bezalel and tried to speak to her through the haze of rage clouding her mind.

“Bezalel! Listen to me, I need to know how to defeat Trilobot! I can’t do this without you!”

Bezalel roared, “Crush him, use the darkness and crush him!”

Whether it was rage or the large number of gargantuans I had bound to me, I called the darkness upon Trilobot and heard the tortured scream of twisting metal as its shell cracked under the pressure of the darkness. It still fought, slaughtering hundreds of my sharks, but I kept on the attack, pressing it harder and deeper into the sea floor.

Nahor and Zimri arrived with their armies and lent me their energy. I heard the rumble of the cracking sea floor over even the ear splitting cries of Trilobot. Bezalel lent me the strength to finish the task. I sundered the sea floor and Trilobot, crushed and twisted, sank to the bottom of the canyon, his new watery grave.

Exhausted I dispersed my sharks, letting them return to the darkness from which they came. Nahor and Zimri attended to the dead, following the ancient funeral rites of the Walkers, while I attended to Bezalel.

“Bezalel, that was a valiant fight, and as I promised, I grant you a city of Walkers, like you, to aid you in your studies. Let Trilobot’s tomb become a place of learning and advancement for your people.”

So I created a city in the great canyon where Trilobot lay shattered. I chose Bezalel to rule this city, as its Scientist-matriarch.

Before retreating to my fortress I said, “I have one more favour to ask of you, Bezalel. Trilobot is unnatural, even I can sense that. I want you and your most trusted servants to learn the secrets of his creation.”

“Very well, Levi. I will do as you ask.”

“Is there anything else Bezalel, that I may grant so courageous a servant?”

“Yes, Levi, there is one more thing.”

Much later, in the darkness of the canyon city Bezalel lay with Hul, and a part of my essence became a being of immeasurable power, a Denizen of the Deep.

Minor Act: Create Bezalel’s Sanctuary.
Minor Act: Inspire her people to become warrior-scientists like Bezalel.

ArlEammon
2009-07-07, 12:52 PM
(If one more player posts that hasn't posted yet, I am ready to change the turn over to turn 2 early.)

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-07, 09:24 PM
Grimtusk

Since their island was cleansed from the taint of undeath, the Urskan didn't have to live in fear anymore. Now united by their belief in Ataninnuaq, the Spirit Caller, the clans came together as one large tribe. They built a settlement at the crossroads to symbolize the new friendship. It was called Winter's Heart. The city was a place to exchange goods, but it was also the site of the only monumental temple to Grimtusk. The head of the temple is an elderly shaman going by the name of Tuluuak, known for his ability to soul travel and deal personally with Ataninnuaq.

Create a city/sanctuary, Winter's Heart (1 minor)
Bless the shaman Tuluaak with longevity and wisdom (Great Immortal, 2 intermediate)

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-08, 08:19 PM
(OOC: I still have an act left, but I guess we could start the next turn to get things moving? I dunno...)

ArlEammon
2009-07-08, 08:21 PM
(Show of hands, who wants to move on and let the acts of the characters move on over to the next turn?)

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-08, 08:24 PM
(That seems fine. You could also PM the players who still haven't posted. Like Night Surgeon.)

ArlEammon
2009-07-08, 08:28 PM
(Wasn't there one other guy?)

orchitect
2009-07-08, 08:54 PM
(I totally vote to move onto the next turn! *begins the "just as planned" dance*)

Tyreus
2009-07-08, 09:03 PM
(Yeah moving on works for me)

ArlEammon
2009-07-08, 09:11 PM
(o.k, if we get one more vote, I'll move on.)

Ezeze
2009-07-08, 09:27 PM
(*votes to move on :smallsmile:*)

ArlEammon
2009-07-08, 09:56 PM
(Turn 2 : Greystone can role play as if he has acted on Turn 1 when he gets back.)

All of the gods discover they can move from country to country on the same plane.

Eon
2009-07-08, 10:03 PM
I'm not having much fun in this so if you don't mind I would like to drop it. sorry :smallfrown:

ArlEammon
2009-07-08, 10:04 PM
(Awwww... We were just about to hand out portfolios. . . :( )

(Ok.)

Tyreus
2009-07-08, 11:09 PM
Zander

Satisfied that his people were suitably self sufficient, Zander let his mind's eye wander across the globe. He possessed a basic understanding of the world around him already, mostly from the flash of insight he gained when his mind briefly touched the Great Realm Above. Now he wished to learn more of this world and its inhabitants. Zander found that he could study the other continents and there he discovered beings much like himself. Zander learned much about these other great powers through the observation of their followers and, after quenching his considerable curiosity, he returned to his throne.

orchitect
2009-07-09, 08:26 AM
Levi

I sense the world growing around me as new currents wash over my skin. There are new creatures in the deep, creatures to hunt and to devour, but most importantly, new predators to bind to my spirit.

I cast my greatest sharks into the wild to be my outriders, my eyes and jaws in the new seas. Through them I will see new realms, taste new prey, and maybe, find new allies or new enemies.

Ezeze
2009-07-09, 09:02 AM
The Book of Mikel, third paragraph.

But Zennara knew she was not alone in this new land. She spoke to Mikel, and to Arianna, and told them that soon their people would need an ambassador, and a leader. She promised them a daughter, who would be beautiful, wise, and long lived. When she was born, they named her Bronwyn, and her skin was silver like moonlight on water, and her eyes were purple and silted like a cats. Thereafter, every child born to Zennara's people had metallic skin, matching hair, and eyes widely varying in color. They were possessed of an unearthly grace, and a greatly augmented lifespan. She named them the Zelis, which means blessed of Zennara's, and there was peace.

Major Act: Create Paragon (Bronwyn)
Intermediate Act: Change Chosen Race (Zelis)

orchitect
2009-07-09, 09:24 AM
"Father," said Zimri, "your throne is complete, it only has need of you to activate it."

A school of sharks coalesces around my spirit and I take the form of a giant walker. "Zimri, I thank you for this honour. The fortress will now be a place fit to meet my champions and perhaps," my mind wanders to the new currents, "other rulers as well."

As we swim through the corridors leading deeper into the fortress I see it, a great shining throne of metal. "What is this?" I ask.

"It is the remains of the awesome Trilobot, father. Bezalel has theorized that th metal has special properties that allow it to channel energy. That is why you must take the throne for it to work."

"Very well," I say, taking my seat. I feel the power flow through me almost instantly. Its invigorating and I can see through the eyes of my sharks more clearly now.

"Remind me to talk to Bezalel about this. I wonder if it has other applications."

"Yes father," says Zimri. "Is there anything else, father?"

"Isn't there always, Zimri, yes there is. The great sculpture you have made, to commemorate my triumph over Trilobot. It inspires the people, I can tell, and second to this throne it is your greatest achievement. I shall imbue it with my spirit so the Walkers will have an icon to worship and look upon when in need of assurance to my strength, and my love for them. Now please, go, and leave me to my wanderings."

With that said I send one shark to meld with the sculpture and I return my attentions to my outriders.

2 Major Acts: Create throne.
1 Intermediate Act: Create lesser power source (details forthcoming, might bump up to major).

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-09, 06:47 PM
Winter's Heart

The capital of the Urskan was still plunged into darkness. The leader of the settlement, Thane Aglaki, was enjoying a meal with his family in the longhouse when the elder shaman Tuluaak asked for an audience. The Thane greeted him warmly.

"- Ancien One, come inside. You are always welcome in my home. We are honored to have you here. Sit with us; have some seal."

Tuluaak smiled. He complied. He looked at the various bowls disposed on the ground and took a handful of meat.

"- You are kind and a good leader for our people, Aglaki. The other chieftains couldn't have chosen a better urskan. I see your family is well, too." The shaman coughed. "I have come to share my latest vision with you. Ataninnuaq has told me where to find many schools of fish, along the southern coast. We will need to build bigger boats."
"- That's no problem. I will send word to our best craftsmen."
"- That's not all. The Winterlord also spoke of a distant land full of resources. It is home to a friendly people, close to nature. He thinks we will greatly benefit from their meeting."
"- So we need sturdier ships in order to cross the ocean, is that it? Even if we make them strong enough, we don't know how to navigate those waters."
"- The spirits of the wind will guide us. And thanks to a gift from our Lord, we will reach the other side in only a few days."

The elder urskan took a small ivory figurine depicting a narwhal from his bag. After washing his paws, Aglaki came close to inspect the sacred object.

"- This is superb work. But how will that help us, Ancient One?"
"- The figurines are inscribed with a very powerful rune. With one onboard, our ships will sail at a much faster pace."
"- I understand. Our Lord, after all, is known to tame the waves. Once again, Ataninnuaq will show us the way."

---------

Grimtusk

Grimtusk pondered what to do next when he was visited by a very peculiar masked owl. At first the god ignored the animal, but sensing that something was not quite right, he looked again. He then noticed several runes painted on its body.

"Who did that to you?"

The owl hooted. It opened its beak wide.

"- Nobody did. I was made like that."
"That's...unusual. Even here. Please, show me where you came from."
"- Follow me."

Grimtusk took his lucky lantern and left the sanctuary with the owl. The animal led him inside a dark pine forest and then over a stream. Finally, the god of death reached a cave, where eleven other animals with the same marks - a fox, a deer, a wolverine and more - seemed to be simply waiting for him to arrive. Puzzled, Grimtusk went inside. There he was amazed by what he saw. First, the cave was immense. Its walls were encrusted with multicolored gems that glimmered in the light of his lantern. Stones tablets were scattered on the floor. Grimtusk took one and placed it on a pedestral in the center of the chamber. Immediately, runes appeared on the surface of the tablet. The symbols vanished and others appeared in their place. It looked like it contained as much writing as thousands of books. Most surprising was what the runes spelled out. They were life stories, memories, emotive moments... If he was right, this meant that this cave potentially held the imprint of every thinking being. How was that possible?

Then it struck him. How could he have missed it? All this time...it was right under his nose (well, his trump). The souls - dead, living and unborn - made a tapissery of sorts. This place was a special chamber designed to experience parts of this grand work. But it was not the only way to access knowledge of the souls. With meditation and practice, one could get some insight of the tapissery...and manipulate the soul energy. Not steal the souls, no. Borrow their energy. Tap in the primordial magic of the plane.

A mighty dire grizzly bearing the runes approached Grimtusk. It was not one of the Eleven.

"- I am Darkmane. I, along with my friends, was tasked with guarding this holy site. We were waiting for someone like you, O great Lord. We will now serve you as best as we can - advise you, protect this cave from intruders. But it is you, and only you, who can decide what happens next.."

"I see. I decide to share the knowledge of the tapissery with mortals."

And he did. Incarnum was only a legend back then, but more and more mortals would learn how to access this formidable power.

----

Later

Grimtusk appeared on the continent inhabited by Father Bear's followers. He sought an audience with the nature god. He decided not to stray far from the northern region, where he was most comfortable.

Create greater power source: Incarnum, the soul energy, accessed by mystics of all races (3 major acts)

Create lesser power source, the six Ivory Figurines of Sailing (intermediate act)
Create lesser power source, the Caves of Awakening (intermediate)

Create several mid-level champions, the eleven Watchers (minor)
Create one high-level champion, Darkmane (minor)

Mike_the_Mystic
2009-07-09, 07:09 PM
Father Bear

The God of Nature was watching over the Ouna'Kai, when he felt the presence of another Great One. "Welcome" Father Bear said to the massive Mammoth-Headed God "Do you wish for advice, or just the company of a good old bear?"

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-09, 07:18 PM
Grimtusk

"Greetings great bear spirit. I am known to the Urskan as Ataninnuaq, but you may simply call me Grimtusk. I am here because I sensed your benevolent presence and I wished to see by myself. I think we all remember old Saradinus' words, but I'm curious to know what the other gods have planned. What do you think the future holds for us? What are your plans?"

Mike_the_Mystic
2009-07-09, 07:27 PM
Father Bear

"I believe that the future can wait, myself" Wakoyantanke says with a yawn "But I believe that it shall be a peaceful rein for the most part, as we are far away from each other, and thus less likely to go into infighting" Father Bear then stretches a bit before continuing. "My goals are simple, to Protect and Nurture nature and the Ouna'Kai" He answers Grimtusk "Now may I ask your answers to your questions, mighty one of death?"

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-09, 07:43 PM
Grimtusk

"I think you will find my answer depressing. I believe that the existence goes through cycles. Just like there was a golden age before the world was broken apart, there will be another. But mortals are flawed beings. Hey, we are flawed ourselves. The darkness will come again. I cannot say I am thrilled by the future. In the meantime, I ensure that the gates of the Underworld are well protected. This is my function.

Still, I hope a good life for our followers. My Urskan are tough and will learn to live with the harshness of life. And I am sure they will benefit from a friendship with the Ouna'Kai."

Lokken
2009-07-09, 09:44 PM
Wei Fang

The fall of Lalora brought many travelers to the village. Some wanted to see who has bested the Goddess of Lusty Death. Others wanted to offer thanks. Still others wanted to keep out Fang's protection. As immigrants came, the village grew. Wei Fang took an active role in this expansion, organizing the labor, planning the designs of buildings and the layout of the growing city to align with the So'denak. Great walls rose up. Towering smoke stacks from industrial forges grew, spewing black smoke into the sky.

It was here, in the City of Dark Skies that the first temple to Wei Fang was erected. As with the city itself, Fang play an active role in it's construction and design. Part forge, park fortress, and part place of worship the tall and bleak structure was the heart of the sky. The black walls of the temple were engraved with symbols of the So'denak and a grand ceremony took place on the day of it's completion wherein Fang placed his blessing upon the structure. There his presence could be felt leaking out into the city as a tangible thing.

Seeing these great things raught by the arrival of Wei Fang a magnetic preacher rose up from the clan and began actively endeavoring to sway others into following Fang. Hearing of this man's zeal Wei Fang summoned the preacher to him. There he tested the self appointed priest's faithfulness with many trials. Finding potential in the man, he laid his hand upon him, blessing his mission and told Valmorgan to return to him in a month's time.

In that month Wei Fang spent his time crafting a tool for this willing servant. A branding iron enscrolled with the So'denak. The brand itself was of a fist clenched around an eye: Wei Fang's symbol. The relic need no fire to leave it's searing mark, but must be wielded by a true believer in order for it's power to manifest. Once branded a person will be able to more easily resist supernatural mind and emotion altering effects. This brand was given to Valmorgan upon his return, to aid him and those who followed his example.

Wei Fang had a number of side projects. When he wasn't administrating the people, he was laboring away in the depths of his temple creating some work of genius or another. Ever since the encounter with Lalora, however, Fang had wondered who else might be out there. Who else might prove a threat to his power in this place. The people were just beginning to come together and take shape into something more than scattered villages under his rulership. He needed to know. Needed to be prepared for what may come.

Fang's next construct was built in pieces, ferried to a field, and assembled under guard. It was a grand sight. A boat that was stocked with mighty ballista and sturdy metal hulls. There were sails and propellers, both behind and atop it. No, this ship was not meant for the waves, it was a sky ship. At it's heart was an engine that turned the propellers and gave the armored vessel lift. It was a tool for war and exploration. It was a mobile vehicle, and a defensive fortification.

Turn 2
+1 To "Item Creation" Mighty Creature Skill
-1 Major Act: Create Great Prophet (Valmorgan)
-2 Major Act: Create Throne (High Temple of Wei Fang)
-1 Intrmediate Act: Create Lesser Power Source (Ariel Juggernaught)
-1 Intrmediate Act: Create Lesser Power Source (Brand of Fanatic Faith)
-1 Intrmediate Act: Create Lesser Power Source (City of Dark Skies)
-1 Minor Act: Inspire Followers (Study So'denak)
-1 Minor Act: Inspire Followers (Work with Blood Stone Ore)
-1 Minor Act: Inspire Followers (Crafting Items)

orchitect
2009-07-09, 09:52 PM
(Alright Omnik, the ball's in your court. Sorry I got a little long winded. And Gomer's name will probably change at some point.)

Levi

Through the eyes of my outriders I saw many new creatures in the oceans beyond, but rarely did I find more of my kind, sharks. In their place mighty leviathans calling themselves “cetaceans” ruled the waves. Many of the predatory ones killed my outriders, but that is the nature of things, and those realms I would avoid for the time being.

Thus many of my outriders met their end, but I had learned much of the other ocean realm. However, there was one realm I had penetrated that had yet to yield its secrets. The water were cold, and unforgiving. The lone outrider to swim so deep into this realm was sustained by my spirit alone. I knew it was suffering, but I had to know what strange beasts swam in those waters.

My gaze drifted for a moment, but the sudden scent of blood in the cold depths drew my attention back to those black waters. I urged my outrider onward until he was in the midst of a great tumult! Leviathans unlike any I had ever seen were swimming around mad, and their blood I could taste. Suddenly a spear from above tore through me, my outrider’s body, and I was forced to act out of desperation. I cast my spirit into the nearest of the leviathans and instantly I knew.

They were sharks, but of another kind very different from my own. They did not eat flesh as my own sharks did, and unlike my sharks, they were being hunted. I was unsure how to act, the strangeness of the situation overwhelmed me and I lost hold of that part of my spirit for a moment, but it was enough. When I regained control I was not speaking through a servant, but to the first, and likely last, member of a new race.

Gomer was like a Tide Walker, but in appearance he was far larger and less fierce. My spirit drifted beside him and I told him I was The Shark Father. He accepted that, although I could tell he was unsure. I asked him to stop the killing of the other sharks long enough for me to understand this new realm and decide upon the right course of action.

Gomer swam to the surface, next to a great sea going vessel, much to the surprise of its occupants.

1 Intermediate Act: Create Gomer, a great mortal and the first of the whale shark people who have yet to be named.

Tyreus
2009-07-10, 12:12 AM
Zander

After carefully studying the information he gained while on his journey, Zander decided it was time to investigate a place of particular interest that only recently entered his awareness.

There is an ancient source of power that has been reawakened. I must find it and learn more.

Through meticulous research Zander finally located the area this energy had originated. When he neared the cave, however, he sensed the presence of others. To communicate with these creatures, for surely they could not survive direct contact with his mind, he chose a form much like ones his Valandi employed. As he approached, a great rune marked bear addressed him.

"I am Darkmane, guardian of this place. The Incarnum has been awakened by another. You must have the permission of the Great Lord from the north to enter this cave unharmed, or suffer the wrath of the Watchers!"

Knowledge is for whoever wishes to seek it. However, choosing the path of conflict when a peaceful solution is possible seems unwise. I will go to this Lord and seek council.

With that Zander traveled north, to the realm of the Urskan. In his studies he knew there was a great being among them, the one they called Ataninnuaq. Zander traveled to a remote location, a safe distance from Winters Heart, and sent a telepathic message to Ataninnuaq.

My name is Zander. I have spoken to Darkmane, and the Watcher says that I cannot enter the Caves of Awakening without the permission of a great lord of the north. I assume he speaks of you; I wish to meet and discuss the matter.

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-10, 07:40 AM
Gomer and the sailors

The Urskan aboard the ship were in awe. It's was the first time that a whale shark acted this way. Knowning that their Lord sometimes sent signs to his faithful and that the cold waters were his realm, they decided not to attack. The runesmith named Taliriktug, meaning "Strong Arm", walked to the side of the vessel.

"- Are you here to show us something? To warn us?"

---

Grimtusk

Grimtusk heard the call of Zander. He bid farewell to Father Bear and returned in the North. After travelling the steppes for some time, he finally found the god of the mind.

"Greetings. You assumed right; I am the Winterlord Darkmane spoke of. This is my realm and the Watcher is one of my loyal servants. Tell me stranger, why do you want to go into the Caves of Awakening? What is it that your soul desires?"

Mike_the_Mystic
2009-07-10, 08:29 AM
Father Bear

"Hmm, perhaps we can make that exchange happen" He said to himself "As well as prevent the future" True, we are flawed, and mortals are flawed, but will this world end in tragedy again? I hope not..."

orchitect
2009-07-10, 09:12 AM
Levi

Gomer spoke in a deep, even voice, "I am here in the name of the Sky Swallower, the Shark Father, Leviathan. He asks you to please stop your hunting until he has had a chance to speak to your god, whoever he may be, that he can learn more about this realm."

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-10, 09:21 AM
The frozen sea

The sailors were shocked. They all started to talk at the same time.

"- Another?"
"- Is it really the herald of another god? Or a demon?"
"- We cannot hunt talking whales, it's...wrong."

Taliriktug asked his fellow Urskan to be quiet.

"- I am not a shaman. I cannot communicate directly with Ataninnuaq. I am sure that he is now aware of your presence and will seek your god, this Leviathan. We won't hunt you for the time being, but know that I bear the mark of the Spirit Caller. If you are hostile, if you hurt me or one of my kind, you will have to face the Lord's wrath."

((OOC: Grimtusk will speak to Levi right after he's finished with Zander.))

Tyreus
2009-07-10, 10:37 AM
((Well aren't you a busy bee. :smalltongue:))

Zander

Greetings Winterlord. I am here as a seeker of knowledge. My wish is to study the Cave of Awakening and to learn. I come to you in good faith, for my research suggest that you could have kept the secret of the Incarnum to yourself, yet the power has been released for all to use. I ask only that you allow me to study the ways of the Incarnum without interference.

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-10, 11:36 AM
Grimtusk

The mammoth-headed god nodded.

"You are right, again. I decided that Incarnum should be available to all those who walk the path of the mystic. You are obviously very intelligent, but I also see widsom. I believe you will do good with that knowledge. Go. You are now friend of Grimtusk may enter the Caves as you wish."

Something seemed to be disturbing the death god.

"Please excuse me. If you have other requests, feel free to come seek me again."

Grimtusk vanished in the shadows and appeared near a fishing village. Something or someone was calling for him. He knew that another god wished to speak with him, but he just had to find out what was happening here. As he wished to remain hidden from mortal eyes, he exited his body and visited the urskan settlement in spirit form. After a short search, he found the one that drew him here: a young girl by the name of Nasami. She sat on a rock, staring at the horizon. Where did her sadness come from? He'd have to watch her...but for now he really had to meet with the Leviathan.

Grimtusk reintegrated his physical body and sought Levi.

orchitect
2009-07-10, 04:39 PM
(Sorry if this is rough, I'm still trying to figure out how Levi talks through his minions.)

The frozen sea

"Gomer," I say, "ask them to tell you of their land so that I may hear about it. These sharks are different from the sharks in my realm, and I do not fully understand this present ecosystem. I would not like to speak to their lord without knowing what I am talking about."

Gomer (I assume) does my bidding and speaks to the fishermen.

Lokken
2009-07-10, 04:50 PM
Wei Fang

Time was required to train an expeditionary force to man the Ariel Juggernaught. Wei Fang could pilot the great machine, but should he have to part from the airship, his followers would need to be competent in the ship's functions. When the crew's training was complete a date of departure was set, the cargo holds were stocked with supplies and trade goods.

The air ship roamed over the continent, exploring regions untouched and populated alike. Cartographers mapping everything they saw. Connections with distant and scattered tribes were reformed as volunteering missionaries opted to stay with their clansmen to teach them of Wei Fang and the industrial development his arrival inspired.

After mapping the continent the air ship moved west, to the ocean. As they traveled over the water the ship would lower from time to time to cull aquatic edibles from the sea, then move skyward once more. In time they came upon a new landmass with plentiful resources. There the juggernaught settled down on a defensible raised rocky cliff side.

Foragers and scouting parties departed from the smoking fortress ship while Wei Fang took stalk of the landscape, and planned the construction of a new settlement with brooding countenance.

((OOC: This unnamed realm would be Zennara's. The landing site is far from the city her people populate, however.))

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-10, 04:53 PM
The frozen sea

Puzzled, the runesmith accepted to tell Gomer what he knew about orcas, penguins and other animals of the frozen sea. He told him about eternal night and the tundra. Then Grimtusk arrived at Levi's location.

Now, the Urksan became more and more organized. They started having councils of regional leaders in Winter's Heart to discuss matters of "national" importance. The territory controlled by the bear people was referred to as Sinaak, the "Edge of the World".

Create country: Sinaak (Intermediate)

orchitect
2009-07-10, 06:54 PM
Levi at Gath

I absored as much of the Urskan's knowledge as I could in the time we had together. I was told that it would be some time before Grimtusk would return so I spent my time wisely, preparing to meet a fellow diety.

First I consulted with Nahar on the matter of nations and countries.

"Well, father," he said to me, "the Walkers already have a national conscience. They see themselves as one people united with this sea. If they learned of these Urskan they would respond by consciously adopting their nationality."

"I see," I replied. "And what do the Walkers call themselves?"

"They call themselves Gathites. The name comes from the Walker word for '"strength"'."

"Well," I said, "that is good. My people already have a sense of pride in themselves. I hope I have deepened these emotions?"

"Yes, father, you have. Your battle against Trilobot, and teaching your people about the frenzy spell have shown them you are a strong god. They worship you because they think it is the right, and good. I'm sure you have little to fear from the influence of other gods."

"I hope you are right, Nahar, my son, for the time will come when I fear my people's faith will be put to the test. It may not come during a time of war, but it will come."

"Yes, father, I understand."

"Do you? Do you know the fears of gods, Nahar?"

"Well, father, I believe they are much like the fears of kings or chiefs, only more dire."

"Hah! Let me show you the fear of gods, Nahar, that you may better serve me as a political advisor, and a son."

Nahar looked pleased. I could not blame him because for so long I had gifted his "siblings" and not him. The ritual was brief. A school of sharks, the oldest that swam at the core of my being, departed and circled Nahar. Silent and solemn they swam faster until he was trapped in a vortex of energy. It was infused with his being and when the sharks had returned to me and the waters settled he seemed to glow in the darkness of my throne room.

"Go now, Nahar, you have much to learn that immortality can teach you about the ways of gods."

The Frozen Sea

Beneath the ice-choked waves Gomer, the first of the Sky Swallowers people sat meditating on his predicament. In this state I came to him.

"Gomer, my son, I need to speak to you about the events of today."

"What is there to talk about, Sky Swallower? My people are hunted for food, and I am troubled by it, and yet I know I am no longer one of them. What am I?" he roared in a sudden fit of rage.

I was at a loss for words. A god should never be at a loss for words, but I was. However, I am primarily a good of action, so instead of explaining myself to Gomer first I acted.

I focused my energy and took the form of the great Sky Swallower, his image of me. What followed next was a fight of titanic proportions.

"What am I?" yelled Gomer, shaking the depths of that icy sea.

I answered him with my fists, for his species didn't have the toothy maws of the Walkers.

Finally he submitted, and I smiled. "You are strong, and brave, if not a little reckless, but that will lead you to great wisdom later in life. For now know this, you are my prophet in these cold, dark waters. Through you I shall speak to my children. Whether they are hunted or revered has not yet been decided, but you will guide them. Swim with them, learn from them and teach them, and most importantly guide their souls when they die. This realm is heavy with death and I would not leave my charges in the hands of others."

Gomer swam in awe of me and the task I had set before him. His wounds glowed from within and were suddenly healed and he swam taller and larger than before. He looked upon himself in the ice around use and gaped at his new, nearly perfect form.

"And furthermore you are no longer Gomer. You new name is Lahmi. It means '"-of the giant"'." Now go and attend to my charges.

Major Act: Create Lahmi, a great prophet of the Sky Swallower.
Intermediate Act: Make Nahar immortal.
Intermediate Act: Create country, Gath, "strength" in the Walker language.

orchitect
2009-07-11, 09:00 AM
Lahmi/Levi at the spiritual grounds...

As Lahmi and I walked towards the spritiual grounds I can feel he is empowered by his new purpose. That is good.

I don't resemble my underwater form. Instead I appear as a watery, shadow behind Lahmi. I am much taller than he is, well over sixy feet to his twenty.

(Lahmi looks like a bipedal basking shark.)

Lahmi says, "I come in the name in the name of Sky Swallower. He would have words with you great Ghastlord, Grimtusk."

For his credit, Lahmi does not look disturbed by the Ghastlord's appearance. He has already been awed by much of what he has seen.

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-11, 09:06 AM
Grimtusk and Levi

The Frost Guard stepped out of the way and let Lahmi and his god approach the throne. The mammoth-headed god was intrigued for once.

"The Sky Swallower? An interesting title. Very well. What is it he wishes to tell me?"

Grimtusk looked down at the shadow and then looked back at Lahmi.

orchitect
2009-07-11, 10:30 AM
(Oops, he's not a shadow. He's a kind of an apparition, standing behind Lahmi.)

"I know that your people the Urskan are fishermen and I as I am a god of the ocean I have an interest in them. I would like Lahmi to teach them how to be mindful of their effect on the ocean and the balance between predators and prey.

The sharks of the north are a food source for the Urskan and I will not ask them to stop hunting them. In any ecosystem there must be an alpha predator and the Urskan fill this role perfectly. They have earned the right to hunt my sharks, however I will not give up their spirits so easily. As sharks they are bound to me and I have tasked Lahmi with the guarding of these spirits.

You have much more knowledge of that realm than I. I ask of you, as a sign of friendship, would you teach him the ways of the mystic?"

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-11, 10:57 AM
Grimtusk

"I am grateful that you have allowed my people to continue hunting your sharks. It is true that balance is important and I am sure they have much to learn from your chosen, Lahmi. As you said yourself, you are god of all oceans. It is in your right to decide the fate of sailors and fishermen. But, then, am I not the god of death and, by extension, of all spirits? I think you may be misinterpreting what I am doing. I am not taking these souls, merely guiding them to their proper afterlife. This is the natural order of things. All spirits must move on.

As for your request...I will send send Lahmi to the Caves of Awakening to speak with Darkmane. He is not only a guardian, but also a great sage and a fierce warrior. He will show Lahmi the wonders of Incarnum."

orchitect
2009-07-11, 11:09 AM
"I did misunderstand your actions. Perhaps then I would be best if Lahmi helped you attend the souls of my sharks and your fisher-men.

"Incarnum? I assume it has something to do with spirits?

Whatever the case may be I trust your judgement, Ghastlord, and I will allow Lahmi to travel to the Caves. However, I would like to meet this Darkmane when Lahmi arrives there.

If that is all, I must return to my realm. I wish your people good hunting, and may your spirits find peace."

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-11, 11:17 AM
Grimtusk

"Incarnum refers to the knowledge of the tapestry of souls and the magic that allows one to borrow power from it.

You may speak with Darkmane whenever you wish. He may serve me, but he is his own man...or should I say bear. He will gladly answer all your questions.

One last thing. On the way, you may meet Zander. He is a god of the mind. He, too, wishes to study Incarnum."

orchitect
2009-07-11, 11:33 AM
"There are more gods than us? Well then I must visit with Zander. As a god of science I am sure we will have much to talk about.

I bid you good day, Ghastlord, Grimtusk."

I follow Lahmi as he travels towards the Caves of Awakening, keeping an eye out for Zander the god of knowledge.

Ezeze
2009-07-11, 02:05 PM
The Book of Mikel, fourth paragraph.

Zennara felt the presence of another god along the coastline, and her curiosity was piqued, for none but the old gods had been so close. She took the form of a pair of ospreys and flew along the coastline until she discovered the great vessel. It was large, and black - a machine of war. She landed, just shy of the things entryway, and made no attempt to hide herself from the master of the vessel. She would know soon whether to expect a friend or a foe.

orchitect
2009-07-11, 03:03 PM
Levi

I sat on my throne and mulled over the events of the day. I briefly turned my attention my last outriders.

One was circling around the base of a cliff. I saw through its eyes a great shadow looming above.

Channeling my energy into the shark I was able to take form in that distant realm. The ship hung from a cliff and I could see no one onboard.

More gods? I asked myself. Perhaps, but I must not assume.

I took the form of a great walker and stood even with the great veseel, awaiting its occupants attention. Out of the corner of my eye I spied a pair of abnormally large ospreys.

"Master of this magnificent vessle, I am Levi the Shark Father. I come in friendship."

Lokken
2009-07-11, 04:23 PM
Wei Fang, Zannara, and Levi

A great groaning came from the machine. The lower regions of it's metal walls parted and a tongue like extrusion spilled out to form a walk way leading into the smokey, poorly lit interior. A man in dull chainmail with a mask bearing a fist clenching an eye on his right cheek stood at the entrance. In one hand he held a long spear, the other gestured beckoning to the strange beings who had presented themselves.

"My master, the Lord Wei Fang, will see you."

Stepping back from the entry point he waited for them to join him inside the ship. The two mighty beings decided to accept the invitation their escort would lead them through a maze of smokey hallways lined with veins of metal tubing that seemed to pulse, as if with a heart beat. The trip wasn't long, but it was confusing. At length they would be mean to a room with cogs and wheels grinding out a whining song,

Cable dangled from the ceiling with bizarre operati attached to them. Strange windows with moving pictures were stationed about the room. Looming over one such window was Wei Fang. The pulsing red symbols swirling over his body cast an eerie light into the dark polluted room. A symbol near the window he peered through was pressed with his thumb and the image held in it expired. His head rose, and blazing eyes were turned to his guests.

"I doubt the scent of supper has drawn you to my doorstep. So, why have you come?"

Greystone
2009-07-11, 04:37 PM
Isabella's eyes opened slowly and she was struck by the sound. Crickets and the soft sound of birds. She looked around to see a world in Twilight. Animals stopped and stared at the strange ebony woman, her skin blacker than the night.

But, as is their way, the animals soon lost interest in the Goddess when she convinced them she wasn't a threat. She felt the call in the back of her skull. A woman nearby called out in pain, but it was a good pain.

As quiet as the shadows, Isabella stalked through the woods till she hovered on a clearing. A woman and her husband was alone, and the woman was giving birth.

Isabella's eyes softened, and she studied the two closly, they were both pale-skinned and dark haired. Isabella closed her eyes and willed her body to change.

Seconds later she stepped out of the wood "Here dear, let me help you"
She had come home.

Ezeze
2009-07-11, 05:48 PM
Before being lead inside the ospreys glowed, only for a moment, then merged into the shape of a woman - cold, remote, and good to look upon, but not one who would inspire lust or tempt men from their wives. Ignoring the other god for the moment, she addresses Wei Fang directly. "I am called Zennara, by my people, who made their home here before your arrival. You've landed, nearer to them than I'd like, in a fortress equipped for destruction. I would know, Wei Fang, if you mean to make war."

Lokken
2009-07-11, 06:31 PM
Wei Fang, Zennara, Levi

Where Zennara was cold and remote, Wei Fang was dynamic, and fiery. His eyes burned. The symbols crawling over his black skin blazed. He listened to the woman, eyes fixed on her when she spoke. Fang's obsidian hands rose expressively, his lips pulling back into a smile that exposed the teeth of a predator.

"How am I to make war upon a people I have never met and only now heard of? No, Zennara, I do not seek to quarrel with you."

Inhaling a cloud of black oily smoke was sucked into Wei Fang's nostrils. Dark lids narrowed over the radiance of his eyes as he seemed to brood upon something. Upon finishing his thought he spoke on, the same cloud he'd inhaled seconds earlier spilling from his mouth in puffs.

"There are none living here, in this region near the shore. I'd planned on building a trading settlement. Perhaps that would be advantageous to the natives."

Ezeze
2009-07-11, 06:42 PM
Zennara studies Wei Fang a moment more, her very countenance growing less cold. "If what you say is true, than forgive me for failing to greet you as a friend. I extend the hospitality of the Zeils. You shall be made welcome, should you choose to visit our forest." With this she imparts knowledge of its location to Wei Fang. "One seeking solace or friendship within our wood will find us."

orchitect
2009-07-11, 07:17 PM
Levi

(The new guy took green, so I'll take purple.)

I assumed a more reasonable, but still intimidating size before entering the vessel.

Upon seeing Wei Fang I felt like I had met an equal, of sorts.

"My hunger is erternal, Fang. And that servant of yours looks mighty tasty."

I cracked a broad, toothy grin. "But I'm not hear to eat your people. Instead I am here because you have taken sustenance from my realm, the sea. I am Levi, the god of ocean predators, most imporantly sharks, and I seek to maintain a balance between predator and prey beneath the waves.

Your talk of a trading outpost on this coast intrigues me and I'd like to know more, but first I must have your assurance that you will not knowlingly or unknowlingly unabalance the ecosystems of the ocean. If you say yes we might become strong and powerful allies. Otherwise, well, my people are just as scientifically advanced as your own and I doubt one could overpower the other."

Greystone
2009-07-11, 07:43 PM
Isabella moves relativly quickly. She moves throughout what has been designated "her" land. Using her immense powers she begins to judge her children. Tribal leaders rise and fall based on her judgements. One by one, every one of the Kadar (as they call themselves) convert to her.

She begins to introduce advances in magic and civilization, and the Kadar begin to prosper.

To assure her people are safe, she weaves the Shadow Nexus, a font of power that ties her and her people together, making (in her land) them connected with Shadow. The land itself becomes a land of perpetual twilight and morning, the two times where Shadows defeat both the light and the dark.

Under her tutelage the three great cities of Huna, Gohn, and Junja are created and run by the strong, and noble. Those she chose as honorable. To protect her new Empire, she creates the Ebony Dragons, a race of mighty beasts with dark skin similar to her own.

The country itself, a dark forested land, comes to new life. Creatures and plants perfectly suited for life in the Twilight evolve and take root, sollidifying the purpose of the Shadow in their lives.

She selects several students to learn directly from her, the greatest being Vrex Lucien, a ArchShadow who is easily the second most powerful man in the Kadran Empire. She gives him the Staff of Shades, a source of power that harnesses the pure element of Shadow.

3 Major acts to create the Shadow Nexus
3 minor acts, one for each of the great cities
2 Major Acts to create the Kadran Empire
1 major act to create a mighty race, of Ebony Dragons
1 minor act for advances in magic
1 minor for advances in infrastructure
1 minor for evolution of the existing plants and animals to survive in twilight
1 intermediate to change the actual fabric of the land, making it seemingly perpetual Twilight or dawn
1 intermediate to create Vrex Lucien, great master of magic
1 intermediate to create a lesster power source, the Staff of Shades

Lokken
2009-07-11, 08:07 PM
Wei Fang, Zennara, Levi

Upon Zennara's describing the location of a settlement within a forest Wei Fang reached a hand upwards and grabbed one of the cables over head. A thin needle extended from a buzzing motor. With this needle he drew a sketch of the geographical features on a window. A black ink lingered until he had finished drawing, then soaked into the material disappearing.

"I'm sure the Zeils will meet with my subjects soon enough. They are quite eager to explore and meet new peoples."

A wide toothy smile was offered to the woman. When Levi spoke up it was his eyes the moved to the tall figure first. Then his head turned. A finely sculpted eyebrow rose at the mention of the Shark's hunger. Those red eyes studied the Shark Father for a time before speaking slowly.

"Ah, such and absent minded host I must seem."

Lowering one hand to a marking under one of the image windows Wei Fang pressed a symbol and spoke into the air in a firm voice.

"Bring food and drink."

After he had finished the command Wei Fang removed his digit from the symbol and looked back to Levi. A stare stare ways leveled on the Shark Father as he listened to the other's demand and boasting. The silence passed as Fang's mouth opened and a rumbling laugh came out.

"Do not worry yourself. Plant, mineral, carnivore, herbivore ... They are all used."

Shortly after this statement a door grated open with a squeal and a swarm of food and drink bearing humanoids dressed in leather aprons entered the room of windows and wheels. These refreshments were set out on a table near the center of the room, then the servers departed quietly. Waving one hand over the spread Wei Fang wordlessly invited the others to dine at their leisure.

"Now that we've said our peace, tell me of yourselves."

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-11, 08:14 PM
A masked owl perched on a branch watched the scouting parties leaving the ship. Grimtusk saw through his eyes, wondering that could be happening inside. The god that made that impressive vessel certainly had plans of expansion in mind. The mortal races had just came out of a dark age and someone already had his eyes on his neighbours' lands? This did not bode well...

orchitect
2009-07-11, 09:18 PM
Levi, Fang's sky ship

"I am sorry if I am ungrateful, but I only eat what I have killed myself. That alone should tell you more about me than what I said earlier.

I would however, like to hear about you, Wei Fang and Zennara. Beneath the waves, information travels slowly."

In my mind I make contact with Nahar so he may watch through my eyes. Watch them. I don't trust this Fang. I'll speak to you when I return.

Ezeze
2009-07-11, 09:47 PM
Zennara speaks slowly, but with measured confidence. "My people, the Zeils, they used to be barbaric, and war-like. They offered blood sacrifice to gods who ruled through terror. It very nearly destroyed them, as a race." She smiles, slightly. "I do not allow such things."

orchitect
2009-07-11, 10:11 PM
Levi, Fang's sky vessel

"Interesting, Zennara. So you're people, they are pacifists? Do they hunt?"

Kadran Empire

Out of the corner of my eye I see through one of my outriders, one of the survivors who has made if further than any other. The waters have gone dark, but with my godsight I can pierce the shadows. I sense activity, inteligence, and magic. Powerful magic. I shall visit there next, though I welcome a diversion from these feigned formalities.

Go, my outrider. Deeper into their empire and find me their god.

Lokken
2009-07-11, 11:01 PM
Wei Fang, Zennara, and Levi

On the table there was a cake with rich white frosting. Wei Fang swiped a single black digit over the cake, calling up a measure of that creamy goodness and rose it to his lips. He paused, however, at hearing Levi's refusal. One could imagine how confused the Shark Father might appear to his host when he complained of hunger then refused a meal.

"Then perhaps it would be best to keep our meeting short, lest hunger overcome your better judgment."

After giving Levi a way to politely excuse himself Fang slipped the tip of his finger into his mouth and sucked the frosting from it. Glowing eyes shifted between the two guests as they talked, his tongue swirling the frosting around the interior of his mouth. Only after swallowing did he respond to Zennara's comments.

"You must possess a creative mind to have freed the Zeilis from such violent taskmasters without resorting to it yourself. I'm sure there is an interesting story behind that."

orchitect
2009-07-11, 11:24 PM
"Thank you, Fang, I'll be going now. Zenarra, I wish the best for you and your people. Fang, we'll meet again."

I turn to leave the ship, half expecting armed guards to block my exit...

(I'm leaving this open for you to act. You can if you wish. Up to you. I'd hate to godmod my way out this.)

Lokken
2009-07-11, 11:51 PM
Wei Fang, Zennara, and Levi

A black hand rose in response to Levi's farewell. Fang in turn waved subtle. There was a guard waiting for the Shark Father beyond the room of mirrors and wheels.. Six, actually. All were dressed the same. Clad in chainmail, wearing masks with that same symbols, and bearing a long spear. But instead of barring his passage one broke away from the others and motioned ahead of himself.

"I will show you the way."

... was all the masculine voice said before escorting Levi to the mouth of the metallic construct. The way he was taken was different from the one he'd entered from, even if some of the landmarks looked familiar.

orchitect
2009-07-12, 12:02 AM
Levi

I step out of the dank vessel and into the open air. I motion to the guards. Its not an act of menace or a threat, just an acknowledgement, like thank you but not as polite.

I take a deep breath of the salty ocean air and prepare to dive back beneath the waves when I spie an owl, looking strangely out of place. I dive, but never go beneath the waves. Instead I grow to my full height. I motion towards the owl. "Come."

I think to myself, there is much to discuss.

Greystone
2009-07-12, 06:12 AM
Ebony cloaked soldiers watch as the newcomer enters their land. They move quickly, jumping into th eoutriders way. The head Kadran raises a hand.

"Halt" he snarls in Kadran "Who are you and what are you doing in the lands of Shadow"

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-12, 08:00 AM
Levi

The owl takes flight and follows the shark god.

orchitect
2009-07-12, 09:05 AM
Levi, with Grimtusk

"Grimtusk, my friend, I believe we are living in interesting times, as an old saying goes.

Wei Fang, the god who commands that vessel, is a decadent and exploitive god. The balance means nothing to him; he'll rape this land for everything its worth. Its likely he's even discovered a way to harness the souls of the living things he kills. He must be stopped or convinced to change his ways, but I'm afraid it might take more than you and I to do it.

Speaking of other gods I have found another, in a land of twilight. I can travel through my outrider, but do you have a way of getting their quickly?"

Twilight

(You can talk to me through the outrider for now.)

The outrider sharks swims peacefully, showing no signs of attacking. "I am Levi, god of sharks and keeper of the balance between predator and prey. I will be with your shortly. Until then do not fear my outrider, she will not harm you. We have much to discuss."

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-12, 09:15 AM
Grimtusk and Levi

"I will let this Watcher return to his duties in the North. I will meet you on this new continent in spirit form."

Just as the shark god arrived on the shores of the shadow land, Grimtusk appeared out of nowhere.

"I don't know what to think about that "Fang". While I don't like that flying vessel, I have no way to know for sure that he is as destructive as you say. I will continue to watch him, but I think you're better than me at...convincing.

But for now, let's focus on this continent and its god. You have an idea as who that might be? This land is strange. I was thinking of the frozen North, where day or night might last weeks. However, here, it's eterenal twilight. And it's not natural. Why would someone do that? I am curious to know."

orchitect
2009-07-12, 09:24 AM
Levi

"Why do I live beneath the waves, and you in the frigid north? Because we're more comfortable there, and we're comfortable because we're more powerful. Look, the shadows, I am crazy or are they moving?"

Finally, I notice the guards who had stood watch over my outrider. Thank you I say, stroking the back of the shark. "Interesting, I never knew that", I think outloud. "My outrider is pregant, and due very soon."

I look to the guards. "I am Levi the Shark Father, I already introduced myself."

I motion to Grimtusk to introduce himself. Something tells me this god might not be far away, keeping a watchful eye on us.

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-12, 09:35 AM
Grimtusk

The ghostly god inclined his head.

"And I am Ataninnuaq the Winterlord. I am interested in meeting your god."

Ezeze
2009-07-12, 02:27 PM
Zennara and Wei Fang

"None as interesting as all that. Man swiftly tires of war, but never of peace. Creation is infinitely more challenging than destruction." She looks around with interest. "But you'd know such things, no doubt. I've never seen such a vessel..."

Lokken
2009-07-12, 04:49 PM
Wei Fang and Zennara

Taking up a wooden cup and pitcher Wei Fang poured a measure of red wine into the cup. The pitcher was returned to the table top, the cup was carried as he took two long graceful strides towards Zennara. With a backhanded gesture he offered up the wine to her, it's flora scent subtle on the air.

"There are few things more rewarding as well."

Seeing Zennara's eyes search over the interior of the room Fang's turned his head to follow her eyes. Watching to see what caught her interest. A moment later the burning eyes were back on her, studying her expression and body language before speaking, his voice silken and fiery at the same time.

"Do you like it? Perhaps you'd enjoy a tour."

Mike_the_Mystic
2009-07-12, 05:14 PM
Upon the mountainous peaks of Kaiune, Father Bear creates the Cave of Eternal Wisdom, a massive cavern where He shall lay, governing his people and giving out advise to gods who come to the summit for knowlege.

(2 major acts to create a throne: The Cave of Eternal Wisdom)

If your God needs any advice from me, just PM me and Father Bear shall give ye some.

Ezeze
2009-07-12, 10:25 PM
Wei Fang and Zennara

Zennara's lips split into a lovely smile. She takes the cup Wei Fang offers her graciously and slips her arm through his. "Nothing would delight me more."

orchitect
2009-07-13, 11:24 AM
Levi

(While waiting for Geystone)

"Well Omnik, how is Lahmi proceding in his studies? I assume he is doing well, but I fear for him. He is the only one of his kind, and this will wear on him. Over time he may loose his sanity to solitarity. If its alright with you I'd like to build a small outpost where he may teach the more mystically inclined of my Tide Walkers."

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-14, 06:47 AM
Grimtusk and Levi

"Wise words great shark god. I wouldn't want a crazed whale-man roaming in my land, either. You shall build your outpost wherever you wish. However, I am not responsible for anything that might happen to them if they so try going against Urskan rule in the region."

orchitect
2009-07-14, 07:39 AM
Levi

"Very well. Thank you for your generosity."

1 minor act: create city of mystics in the Frozen Sea.
1 minor act: inspire some of my people to study the mystic arts and travel to the mystic city.

Greystone
2009-07-15, 02:05 PM
The guards mutter to themselves before one turns and barks "hey, mage, move your ass!"
Out of the darkness, a man dressed in pure black walks forth. He bows before the emissary.

"Oh great one, what is your reason for sending your servant here?"

Tyreus
2009-07-15, 03:00 PM
Zander

Zander studied the tapestry of souls intensely. As he came to better understand Incarnum and its capabilities, Zander found that this was only a cousin to what he sought. The knowledge the tapestry provided was the missing link he needed, however. As Zander exited the cave, he noticed another being. As he awaited the new arrival, Zander split his consciousness into two forms. While one awareness addressed the new arrival the other returned to the Crystal of Contemplation.

Zander and Lahmi

"Greetings, my name is Zander. Has Ataninnuaq told you about the Caves of Awakening? I have just finished my research, but I am interested to learn what brings you here."

orchitect
2009-07-16, 07:27 AM
Levi

"My servants go where the wish, to discover new lands and people. This land is not natural. I know because I am too a godling, and I would like to speak to yours about becoming allies and helping to mend this war-ravaged world."

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-16, 07:31 AM
Grimtusk with Levi

"And I am his sidekick.....No, not really."

orchitect
2009-07-16, 07:34 AM
Levi

Haha-ha! "Grimtusk you must lend me your sense of humour sometime."

ArlEammon
2009-07-19, 03:35 PM
::Blizzzet:: "LIVE" /OOC

O.k. . . . I'll start this up again today.

orchitect
2009-07-19, 03:51 PM
((OOC:I'm just waiting for Greystone to respond, or I'll just attack her realm.

Haha, just kidding, but I've been checking back all the time for updates and no one else is posting.))

orchitect
2009-07-21, 09:56 PM
And I was going to have shark-transformers at some point. :smallfurious:

ArlEammon
2009-07-21, 10:02 PM
(Should I re-recruit?)

orchitect
2009-07-21, 10:15 PM
Actually I was aiming for cyber-shark from Beastwars, but yes, eventually sharks that turn into tanks and jets.

Sam Miller
2009-07-26, 11:02 PM
The Book of Enlightenment,
1:1

At the beginning there was nothing but the chaos of the waves to roll across a seemingly endless sea. At the beginning there were only beings capable of self-indulgence and hope. But the beginning was no more… The time of torment had come. From the depths of the dark seas arose a fearsome plateau of grey, sickened, landscape. Hyenas and vultures grew from the land itself, forced to prey on each other at the absence of a third alternative. Seagulls and other birds ventured close to the land of decay, quickly falling to its sway. Even the most beautiful of doves submerged to the will of the land, chaining themselves to the grand Field of Black Doves.

1:2

From ever-present stormy clouds above descended the Hand of Solidaria, forcing a kingdom to rise from the grey stone surface. Structures and screaming buildings arose at the will of our great lady. A crying wind swept over the surface of the Decaying Land, beckoning the savage native animals to stay clear of the kingdom in the middle of the circular landmass. ‘Heed my words, lowly beasts’ said the restless one, ‘all that lives within my kingdom shall die come the day of creation.’. The beasts, scared of what the great apparition of torment would do to them, escaped to the Field of Black Doves where they would remain.

1:3

From all the emotions of joy, undeserved hope and self-indulgent purposes apparent in the world came The Stone. Within the halls of the crying castle the item of beckoning manifested itself. It called out, tauntingly, to those beings that deserved a spot amongst the inhabitants screaming city. And come they did… Our great lady created a door for those doomed to torment, a door for the wicked to open. The key? Regret. From the prospering nations, those that had never known war or hate, came the citizens of the screaming city bearing regret for their undeserved sense of accomplishment. Came did those that had broken the first law of Torment, greeted were they by the lord of beasts; Azhar. A tormented soul trapped between human, hyena and vulture. He guided the humans to their city and forged a truce between beast and human, stating that as long as the lord Azhar remained in the Field of Black Doves, the beasts would never enter Solidaria’s blessed kingdom.

1:4

The screaming city expanded, new structures arose from the grey surface of the decaying land, and the artist Garen came to heed the call of The Stone. While the other tormented people of the city followed the laws as they were meant to be, Garen thought ‘Why?’. He pondered if there truly even was a shadow watching over them, he wondered if a deity existed to survey their supposed path to redemption. He angered the wrath of the lady. In his folly he drew a portrait of the magnificent one, the serene and omnipresent one, and he was smitten where he stood. His skin, his identity, was lost. Since then the tormented ones decided to carve the laws of Solidaria on the walls of her crying castle, her shadow always watching from the corners of the building. They knew they were not alone, but dared not lay their eyes upon the lady in fear of losing themselves even more than they had already.

-3 Major Acts (Create Other Realm, Decaying Land)
-1 Intermediate Act (Create a Kingdom, Screaming City)
-1 Intermediate Act (Create a Great Mortal, Azhan)
-1 Intermediate Act (Create Lesser Power Source, The Stone)
-1 Minor Act (Field of Black Doves)
-1 Minor Act (Expand Screaming City)
-1 Minor Act (Inspire Torment, Garen's Folly)

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-27, 08:04 AM
Grimtusk

Grimtusk was saddened by the apparition of the Decaying Land. He understood death better than anyone and he was far from the jolly one himself...but what was going on there was too cruel, too bleak, even for the God of the Dead. He who used to inspire gloom and apathy believed that the people of this new land needed to know there was another truth than Torment, but he didn't want to act in the realm of another deity. Instead, he raised a small island above the sea, not far from the coast of the Decaying Land. It had high cliffs and only a single narrow, tortuous path that led to the pinnacle. And on top of that island was a lighthouse. This lighthouse wasn't meant for ships, but for souls. If the people of the Screaming City sought another truth, they may be drawn to the structure. If they had enough determination, they may even be able to reach it and, if the Guardian of the Lighthouse allowed it, to gaze upon the soothing light of the Azure Eye.

Meanwhile, the Urskan began settling on the coast of Father Bear's continent.

1 intermediate to create the Azure Eye (power source)
1 minor to raise Selkies Island

orchitect
2009-07-27, 01:42 PM
Niv

The earth was warm, and I stayed beneath it as long as I could, wrapped in the dirt like a blanket. When I did emerge it was dark and I could only hear the faint crunching of tiny jaws. I stretched and felt the earth move under me. Things were wiggling across my taut stomach and in my hair. I plucked one of the slimy creatures off of me and gazed at it.

"We can share this realm, if you want," I said to the worm. "I can be your goddess and you can worship me."

The worm was completely still as if it was actually listening to me. I wrinkled my nose at it and keeping it in one hand I gathered up a handful of more worms from the moist soil around me.

"You will be my servants and I will make you in my form, with a few modifications of course." I took my new servants-in-the-making and walked to a pool of mud left over from a recent rainstorm. I dropped the worms into the mud, marking the first worm with a trace of my energy.

I hovered over the pool, forcing the earth to take form around the worms inside. I felt them grow and swell with earth power until they emerged.

"Magnificent!" I shouted, joyfully.

((Description of the worm people will come shortly!))

Sam Miller
2009-07-27, 02:17 PM
Azhal’s Journal
Entry 1.

They do not know. They believe she watches over us, granting us a last chance at redemption for our past sins. Some have even begun calling her the Atoner. It’s all a lie though, I should know. I will grant you all of my secrets, Journal, and hope that you keep them to your discretion. I have seen the lady. I have seen Solidaria’s true shape, when she first came to this land and shaped me from its native creatures. She told me something: ‘Your sin was the greatest. So shall be your torment.’ I didn’t understand it. I’d just come to life, really, what wrong could I have done? What law of torment had I disobeyed? None! And now I am forced to rule the animals of the Field, keeping them from tearing apart any newcomers through the portal. Seeing as there’s no other way to get up on this steep plateau I suppose the lady considers it an important position. I can’t help but feel this inherent sense of ‘wrong’ whenever I see one of those ever-living black doves trying to escape their shackles. It truly shakes me to the core of my being. Are we wrong to worship her? What is she? Why does she never intervene directly with our society? Why doesn’t she take more care of us, her precious Tormented Ones? I… Do not have these answers yet. But I’ll find them.

Entry 2.

I woke up today and found a new building out at sea. It looks like a lighthouse. I would be most… Beguiled to find out what lies in there. Who made it? Did she? Why would she make a lighthouse? It didn’t make sense. But alas I cannot leave my duty as keeper of the beasts lest they decide to rebel and slaughter the Tormented. Besides, her shadow reaches all over the decaying land. She would flay me for such a betrayal. No, I Azhal, must remain here at my post until my torment has been paid. Only then will I be granted regret and freedom. Only then… Perhaps I can find out what I am, and what I did to deserve this punishment. I had to have been someone before I was me, right?

Tyreus
2009-07-27, 03:16 PM
After his palaver with Lahmi, Zander returned to the Crystal of Contemplation. He now had enough knowledge and gathered power to bring some of the essence from the Great World Above to this world and its inhabitants. This weave of energy could be harnessed and used by any talented individual, not only his people.

Zander focused his godly powers on the realm that he and the rest of the gods fell. He brought forth some of its divine power and blanketed the world in its intangible force. This power, this Weave of magic, could now be felt by all the gods, strengthening the base from which they manipulated reality. Now all mortals could learn to do such things, although on a much smaller scale.

Zander then created a vast library, full of all the knowledge he learned on his journey and secrets of the Weave. After the crystal pyramid was raised, Zander found a brilliant and wise old man of his empire.

"You are to be my Archmage, Arillius. Your mind is sharp, your wisdom vast. I want you to study magic and teach your people its ways. I realize this is not an easy task, but I will give you help. You will have the power to invest magical power in seven people of your choosing. Make sure you select your apprentices carefully."

3 major - Create greater power source (magic)
1 intermediate - Create lesser power source (library)
2 intermediate - Create great (Im)Mortal
1 intermediate - Expand the crystal kingdom
1 minor - Create mid level champions (apprentices)
1 minor - Inspire followers (magic)
1 minor - Inspire followers

ArlEammon
2009-07-27, 04:39 PM
OOC: Want to vote for a new turn by tonight guys?

Tyreus
2009-07-27, 05:40 PM
Yeah I just posted all my actions so I vote yes.

ArlEammon
2009-07-27, 05:41 PM
Next Turn...

Baxter190
2009-07-27, 07:42 PM
Cale

From upon cloud on high, Cale looked down upon the world that was, and he wept. He could see the sorrow of the people below, of the tormented ones in the Decaying Land. The land itself wrested hope from the people, dooming them to a life of misery. The doves, one of Cale's favoured creatures, were chaining themselves to the foul, cursed land, besemerching their natural beauty. To Cale, such a place was an abomination. Wiping the tears from his blue face, he vowed to give the people of the world a chance against such a dark land.

And so he spake, "Let the people be free from such a miserable existance. I shall give them true hope." Turning his thought towards the heavens, Cale channeled his powers to the sun, and told it, "You shall be the symbol of hope to the creatures of the Land, of the Sea, and of the most importantly the Sky. You shall give them power to free them from theiroppresion. You shall be the enternal guardian, forever to protect those that would hide in the dark and prey upon the dark. Look after them well, and bear my light."

Thus, the sun was turned into a source of power for those that wished for the strength to change their fate. It's light would peirce any darkness, and bring hope to all who gazed upon it. High in the sky it brought the truth of Cale's power to all, and reminded mortals that one as free as the birds and as powerful as a hurricane watched them, for good or for ill.

Used a major act to Create a Power Source: The Holy Sun

orchitect
2009-07-27, 10:15 PM
Niv

Deep in the woods there was a glade where the loam was thick and rich with plant material, but it was haunted by a beast called the Burghast. I led my tribe to the edge of this glade and stepped into the clearing to meet the Burghast in person.

"I claim this land for my people and I, beast! You would do well to leave now before I am forced to kill you."

It lept into battle, but was sorely outmatched. Not only was I more physically fit than it had expected, but I broke the law of sexual dimorphism that all species followed. Twice I threw the beast down, and the second time it ran, unsure of exacty what kind of creature had beaten it.

"Now this will be your haven, my Loamlings. Here you shall thive in the rich earth and rule this forest!"

I oversaw the construction of a city, built for worms, in the earth, and the construction of a great mound wherein I would rest. I also appointed champions from my people to guard my mound and the glade at all times.

As I lay in the dirt of my great mound I felt the energy of the forest and its inhabitants nourishing me, like their waste nourishes my people and their more primitive cousins. I tapped this energy source, drawing it into myself and wandering the pathways that lead to different animals and plants. I had become one with the forest.

1 Minor: Wormburrow (city)
1 Minor: Glade Guardians (mid-level champions)
2 Major: Great Mound (throne)
1 Major: Forest Affinity (nature power)

Suddenly I felt the creatures that lived in my woods startle and look up towards the heavens.

What's this? I left my mound and looked up into the sky through the break in the canopy over Womrburrow and saw that the sun shined brighter than it had before. The light was empowering, but I knew my Loamlings, or Wormlings as they called themselves specifically, would not tolerate it. I must find whoever did this. Sending my spirit into the air I made contact with a being whose energy signature was bright as the sun, and was very much like my own.

@ Cale
Brother, I am Niv, guardian of the forest and its creatures. I believe we both want to protect the creatures of this world and perhaps we can do so together. I invite you to come to my glade and meet with me.

Baxter190
2009-07-28, 02:07 PM
Cale

Surveying the land below, Cale rested atop a cloud, proud of his work with the sun. As he watched, he observed the battle between his fellow god and a creature called a "Barghast," as well as the creation of a city for the worms. Curiously, he watched over the "Loamlings," regarding them with an odd amusement. However, as he scrutinized the mortals, he recieved a message from a fellow God.

After contemplating the message, Cale decided to attend to Niv, and hear him out. Descending to his fellow god in a beam of light, he appeared to him, making sure to hide his divine radiance as to shield the mortals to whom he was beyond comprehension.

Giving Niv a curt bow, he introduced himself. "My name is Cale, and I am the lord of the sky. I do wish to help the mortals, for they are not as fortunate as to have our powers and immortality. So, I ask you Niv, what is it that you would wish to do?" Cale asked curiously, amused at the thought of working with another god.

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-28, 02:34 PM
Grimtusk

Suddenly, the vegetation in a circle around the two gods began to wither and die. Moments later, a mammoth-headed being stood beside them.

"Yet another god...wait, two? I wonder how many others we will get... My name is Ataninnuaq, Grimtusk, the Winterlord. I am an elder god of the Dead. I was wondering who made this big glowy thing in the sky. It's not...bad, but it's not really subtle, either."

Sam Miller
2009-07-28, 03:09 PM
Azhan’s Journal,
7th Entry

It has been some time since I was first created and put to guard this place. I wonder what happens inside the city… As I’ve written down, the city suddenly grew to cover most of the plateau yesterday. Only this field and some outskirts remain un-melded by the hand of Solidaria. I fear what I see in the city, giant towering pillars screaming in terror, massive courts crying rivers of blood that run through the kingdom-city. I fear the presence of my lady, I fear the amount of torment she exacts is also exacted upon herself. What sin did you commit, my lady? Why does your path preach fear to hate to torment to regret? Do you yourself seek salvation..? I find my understanding of you increasing, Solidaria. Perhaps one day we will speak?

8th Entry

I saw hell today. It appeared as a stinging pain on my eyes as I took a glance of the sky. This pain is horrible! Is that what the lady shields us from? If so I hope I am never freed of my post. The thought of existing in a world where occurrences such as that orb of torture are manifold seems excruciating. I befriended a new dove today, I call him Blacky. There’s something about him, perhaps he was sent from the lady herself to keep me company in my eternal solitude. Would that mean I’ve served some of my time? So many mysteries concerning the lady, so little does she interact in our lives. It wouldn’t surprise me if some do not even believe in her existence. It certainly seems logical that the Aspirants rule the city and feed the torment of these lost souls’ into The Stone. But I know the facts. The Aspirants aren’t rulers! They exist solely because the lady grew tired of flaying every heretic beneath her shadow. They are her servants, if only to lessen their torment and increase their regret. Soon they shall all be free of this decaying land’s shackles, but I wonder, will they ever leave?

-2 Major Acts (Raise Empire, expand the Screaming City)
-1 Minor Act (Create Mid-level Champions, the Aspirants)
-1 Minor Act (Inspire Followers, pain by amplifying the holy sun’s light beneath Solidaria’s shadow. None within the decaying lands can gaze upon the sun without a dangerous pain-spike.)

orchitect
2009-07-28, 04:22 PM
Niv, Wormburrow and the Great Mound

My Wormlings wiggled into their burrows as the bright light penetrated the shade of the forest. I emerged from my Mound and met the god of sky. His blue skin was the first thing I noticed, and it enchanted me, but I maintained my composure, though I'm sure he noticed my attention.

"Welcome, Cale, to Wormburrow. You have probably seen my tribe from the air. Aren't they industrious? I could not have asked for a better group of followers. Where are yours? I haven't seen other people in the sky."

Suddenly another god appeared in Wormburrow and I backed away as the plants around his feet died and rotted in seconds. Little worms instantly emerged from the soil and nibbled at them.

"Greetings, Winterlord. I suppose you could call me the Summer Queen, or Autumn King, or whatever. Cale here made the brighter sun; isn't it marvelous?" ((At this point, anyone who has not noticed my androgyny might take note of it.))

I showed them a place where we could sit, in the shade of ancient trees upon rocks that had seen the first sunrise ((This place is really, really old)).

"Well, we each represent a different element it seems. I'm of the earth, Cale is obviously of the sky, and Grimtusk, I'm assuming you represent water, seeing as you have control over coldweather and such.

What I'm getting to is that mortals need each of us to survive so why don't we join forces. We can protect each other and our tribes from our more destructive brethren, I think we all know who that is by now, and we can help our tribes grow strong and prosperous.

Do you have anyother ideas?"

Baxter190
2009-07-28, 07:33 PM
Cale

"I agree Niv, such an alliance would be...profitable. Yes, your wormlings are rather industrious. But as for my followers, I do not truely claim any race as my own. All beings are touched by sunlight, and as such, I'll keep watch over the all. However, I admit that having some mortals would be in my own interests, so I shall think about it it," said the Winged God.

Observing the Winter God, he noticed how the plants died at his approach, and sighed, thinking to himself, 'What a loss, thoose poor little things had only begun to live.' Bending close down to the ground, Cale took in a deep breath, and then exhaled onto the vegetation. As his breath touched them, the grasses and trees regain vitality and were reborn, protected from death's grasp.

After busying himself with the plants, he turned to the Mammoth-headed god, and explained, "I be the god who crafted that becon of hope. It was not meant to be subtle, instead it is meant to be a symbol of hope for those who need it, and a source of power for those who would reach out and claim it's strentgh as their own." Then, he added with a laugh, "Though, perhaps for the mortals, it could be good to tone it down a bit. My Name is Cale, and it is a pleasure to meet you both."

However, his thoughts quickly turned elsewhere, as he felt the power of the sun being corrupted, and turned towards pain. Though physically with his fellow gods and still paying attetion to them as well, he split his attention, and watched through the sun's piercing beams of light as they were befouled, and turned to dark uses in The Decaying land. However, there were still people there who, despite the horrible pain it caused, went into the light of the sun. Calling themselves The Martyrs, thye reached out and took the Sun's power, and allowed themselve's to hope for a happier future. Though few in number, they were powerful demagogues and were quickly proclaimed heretics. Inwardly Cale was pleased, and made a note to keep and eye on them in the future to see what came of them.

Spent a Major Act to claim Life as a Domain

Spent a Minor Act to create The Martyrs as mid level champions

orchitect
2009-07-29, 11:38 AM
Niv

"Forgive me Cale if my people do not bask in your light, they are forest creatures and are accustomed to the shade and shadows. In them they find their strength, and any of your people who seek shelter in my shade shall find it.

My Wormlings and I can heal our wounds faster than you, but I shall teach them how to heal others. In the shade of the forest they will come to those who need them and will heal their wounds."

1 Major: Gain Domain (Forests)
1 Major: Create Supernatural Ability (Shade-mending)

Baxter190
2009-07-29, 12:13 PM
Cale

"It is alright of course if they freely choose not topartake in the light. My only grief is with those that would deny mortals the chance to decide for themselves, as aparently one god has done," responded Cale, his thoughts drifting off to a certain tormenter...

But, just suddenly as he thought of that dark god, his mind returned to the matters at hand. Looking at the wormlings, he diceded that if he could not bring them light, he would give thems omething just as good. Giving his attention to their androgynious god, he asked him, "If I can give them but one gift, what would you wish for me to give them?"

Sam Miller
2009-07-29, 12:26 PM
The Book of Enlightenment,
2:4

And so it was, upon the surface of the kingdom-city, the greatest of our kind arose to serve the lady directly. These Aspirants, infused with the grace and serenity of our fair lady materialized a new body for their minds. At the lady’s request, they took their own lives and let her sort their souls and minds into the grand ones that watch from above. Bodies of metal and stone, the Aspirants were all that could guard us from the evil ‘Martyrs’ that arose from the unholy light above. Their eyes would never again show mercy, now blessed with the serenity of eternal expressionless. It was as such that they descended from the crying halls of the screaming city, armed with a million invisible knives and swords. It wasn’t long before the heretics preaching of the ‘other hope’ were nothing more than a puddle of skin and dismembered limbs. Like the lady, the Aspirants’ shadows quickly led to a flaying committed within the matter of seconds.

2:5

The crying wind cried no more, the restless became patient, Solidaria sent upon us a punishment for our acts against the teachings of the crying halls. The citizens of the screaming city fell to the ground, and indeed, gave the city a tribute to its name. Pain manifested as a darkness darker than coal and spread across the streets and rivers, poisoning all it touched with the beautiful act of Torment. Some said it was a sign, that betrayal of one was the betrayal of all. Some said it was out of spite, that the lady truly hated us. But only us, the Aspirants, knew what was happening. For we did not feel pain. We knew that we were lost to her, that we had not transcended the boundaries of the human body as a token of our advancement. She no longer gazed down upon us as tormented; she no longer attempted to grant us the regret we should have deserved. No… We were lost. Our sins too great for even her to comprehend. They were truly blessed, those that felt the sting of our lady. It was from here on that our order of guards and law enforcers pledged to forever keep the secret of our nature to ourselves. Never again would anyone know the course of history as we did… Besides you.

-1 Major Act (Increase Domain, Torment)

orchitect
2009-07-29, 01:18 PM
Niv

I thought hard about Cale's proposal. Most of my forest creatures only came out at night anyway and that is what gave me the idea.

"Perhaps we could pool our resources and create a night-star, like the moon, but a new one, a special one, just for our people, including yours Grimtusk. Or we could each create a different moon, one for each of our elements?"

((OOC:I'm thinking we could each use an intermediate act to power this "ceremony" and create the moons. As for empowering them, maybe a minor act could take care of that?))

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-29, 01:20 PM
Grimtusk

"I wouldn't mind something like that."

Baxter190
2009-07-29, 02:02 PM
Cale

"I withhold no objections to this. I am master over both the day and the night sky. Unfortunently, I believe there has been... conflict, between he followers of my own and that of another god. I believe it is a pressing matter that I must attend to. However, if you two would like to join me in this matter, I will happly oblige you after this sad affair has been dealt with," Cale responded to his fellow gods. With his part spoken, he then traveled to the source of the blood shed, the dacaying land, and was appaled at what he saw.

Flying into a rage, his skin turned red and hi hair and wings turned to a brilliant crimson flame. His fury began to manifest itself by turning the clouds above that blighted land to storm cloud, and rains swept across the lands. Steadying himself, his hand drew close to the sword at his side, and Cale called out, "You foul tormentor who crafted this land of the damned, show yourself, and explain your deeds!"

Sam Miller
2009-07-29, 03:34 PM
Azhan raised his head from his hands and stared at the fury above with his hyena eyes and head. The vulture wings upon his back lifting him from the ground with a mighty thrust of air. The being with the body of a man, head of a hyena and wings of a vulture, ascended into the skies located directly above the Field of Black Doves. “Hell hath no fury, evil creature! The lady answers not the desperate cries of the hurt, but those that see the error of their ways! Be glad her shadow has not already destroyed your presence in her glorious land!” And then it struck the loyal servant of Solidaria, this being was not merely a trespasser; it had been his fault unrest had appeared in the otherwise peaceful screaming city. It was his fault the inhabitants of the lady’s fair kingdom had to suffer at the light of the unholy fire above. And now he dared force the skies against them too? Such evil… He could not fathom it.

“Why have you cursed us so!? What are your intentions with spreading your own ignorance and pain to us!? Do you not think we have enough!? Begone from the lands of the lady and leave us be, your torture is not welcome here!” Azhan gazed with defiance at the skies above, filled with spite at the being that had come to disturb the serenity of the decaying land and its people. He would not let this incarnation of hate strike a blow upon his revered lady, he’d rather put down his life before he let her come to harm. He carried no weapon, and had no intents of striking the god before him, but would still not sway from his stance. “Death embraces me as a hero and defender, what does it embrace you as, you vile beast!?” The storming clouds started to tear on him, the rain overbearing his flying entity. But he would not fall, for he had not yet found regret.

Baxter190
2009-07-29, 04:16 PM
Cale

"Hell hath no fury indeed, mortal, for it is not hell that rages upon you, but the Heavens!" spoke Cale contemptuously, beggining to forget the reason for his appearence. For though he was the creator of the sun, he was in the end only truely the master of the sky, and as such was a fickle as the wind, as harsh as the beating sun, and as ferocious as a hurricane when the whim struck him. Though he may indeed be a a god and thus immortal, he was still fallable.

Looking disdainfully upon the mortal that dared challenge what he felt was his right to speak to the Tormentor, Cale announced to him, "Her glourious land? This foul work of death! I have come to make her answer for her crimes against life! I would give you hope and strentgh, but he would hold you down for her own twisted ideaology.Be gone unless you can deliver her to me!"

Finally, Cale reached for the spear accross his back and used it to strike at the mortal, casting him down from the sky with a bolt of lightning.

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-29, 04:30 PM
Grimtusk

The Winterlord turned to Niv once Cale was gone.

"He seems rash and a bit arrogant. I hope it doesn't get him killed. Well, that's not true...I don't really care if he gets killed. Anyway...what are your projects, if any, Niv?"

orchitect
2009-07-29, 04:45 PM
Niv

"I agree. Although I do not agree with this other god's lifestyle, if you can call it that, I wouldn't run out and start a war with her! But, Cale, so young and rash. I wonder if I shouldn't go and help him.

As for my plans, Grimtusk, I am going to solidify my hold on this forest, and others. I wish to create other tribes of forest creatures, collectively called Loamlings. I've been looking at hedgehogs lately. They aren't very sexually dimorphic and I think they'd make a very powerful tribe of followers!

What are your plans?"

Sam Miller
2009-07-29, 05:19 PM
What can change… The nature of a man? The abomination, the very incarnation, of torment fell from the skies as lightning surged through his body forever ending his life with the death of each and every organ in him. Everything started going black, his memories started to fade, and all his mind could muster as a final ‘goodbye’ to life was a picture of a giant hand covered with blades reaching for him. The hand embraced him, lowering his fallen body to the ground as he embraced death as the hero he was. Regret.

The hand rose from the ground, its size equal to that of the god that had come to disturb her. Not a word was spoken as the corpse of Azhan joined with the ground, her champion dead and forgotten. The only person that could never have gained the absolution he sought, now fallen, doomed to forever serve as a cruel object of revenge. A spire ascended from his spot of death, reaching far into the sky. It had no windows, nor did it have doors. It was merely there. From the hand of Solidaria grew an arm, and then a body, and then a dreaded head. Instead of legs wrapped tendrils from the bottom of her body all over the decaying land, feeding from its massive torment while shrouding the population in darkness. It was her, in all her glory, the manifestation of a goal unreachable. Not a word did she speak as her fanged grin and soul-less, white eyes, shaped upon the shadow that was her. It was only her right hand that appeared even the least bit physical with its many blades wincing and shivering.

It had not been wise to visit her here, where her power was at its peak, and now the trespassing being would pay for his insolence. Fuelled by the power of The Stone and all the followers of her kingdom-city, her tendrils wrapped around the manifestation of Cale, binding him to his form at the accord of a mightier god. After all, what were they if not the collected amount of belief of your followers? Perhaps in different lands the outcome of this could’ve been different… But Cale had been rash, jumping into the belly of the beast. She did not speak a word. The spire began to fall apart in the presence of the vengeful god, and in its wake remained a mighty trident. One of her tendrils reached for it, and at that moment it became the instrument of her vengeance, her shadow raising it to her left hand. The Stone deep inside the screaming city rose from where it laid and with all its accumulated power inserted itself at the base of the trident. Each of its three pikes filled with the souls of varying incarnations of Azhal, the great betrayer, this was a weapon to be feared by all beings, immortal and alike. It winced and twisted in her hand, absorbing the empowering energies above, and at that moment as its mere presence negated the storming clouds of the sky god, Godkill was made.

She stared down at the pitifully unwise being as her tendrils continued to wrap around his manifestation. He had committed the worst sin of all, fear had brought him where he was due to the death of his followers, hate had followed at the beast that tried to defend his way of life, torment he would now face at the mercy of the sentient weapon Godkill. She raised her arm; the trident bending and twisting until it find a final form for itself. It was now, and only now, that she uttered a single word: “Regret.” And with that one word she thrust the weapon at her enemy, intending to end his life as pay for the death of her love.

-1 Major Act (Create a Power Source, the shaft of Godkill)
-1 Major Act (Create Technique, wield Godkill)
-1 Intermediate Act (Create Lesser Power Source, Azhan’s spire)
-1 Intermediate Act (Create Lesser Power Source, Godkill’s body)
-1 Intermediate Act (Create Lesser Power Source, the Godkill Stone)
-3 Minor Acts (Create Champions, the three incarnations of Azhan’s souls, Godkill’s edge)

orchitect
2009-07-29, 05:31 PM
Niv

"Damn, I fear he's gone and got himself killed. I'll be back, Grimtusk. Life and death; we have much to talk about."

I teleport to where Solidaria and Cale are fighting and using my athletic ability I leap for the trident and (hopefully grabbing hold of it), hit the ground and roll to a fighting stance.

((I dont' want to godmod this too much))

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-29, 06:07 PM
Grimtusk

Grimtusk smiled to himself.

"If a god is to die today, I will be ready."

The Spirit Caller extended his control over the Dead even further, preparing for the time the gods would go to war, which may be sooner than expected.

Major: Up Death domain

Baxter190
2009-07-29, 09:06 PM
Cale

The Pain! It was something the like of which Cale had never felt before, and as he was grabbed, by the spire he thought, 'Can but a god die? Can an immortal be rendered mortal?' Slowly, painfully, he felt death embrace him, and slowly, slowly, he descended...

But as he fell, he felt something else. Life. The life of the Loamlings. The life of the Tormenters people and the Martyrs. The life of the Urskan, of the black doves, of hedgehogs, of the treees and the flowers and of the very world itself. And Cale felt life for himself. For while he may have been in the decaying lands, the land of Solidaria, and he was in her home, her domain, he was in his home as well. As long as there was life in that blighted land, he would be be at home, empower by those who drew breath. but a god die? Can the immortal be rendered mortal?'

And thus from the sky the sun let out a sudden burst of light, and so strong was this burst, that a beam of light pierced the spire, and touched Cale's nearly destroyed mortal form. Thus touched by the firey orb, he drew strentgh from his creation, and allowed himself to hope yet again. And in a mighty sundering of fire and earth, Cale rose up, free from that accursed spire!

But at a cost. No longer was he the picture of youth and vitality. His left was wing was torn from him, never to join him again. His left hand was turned to bone, though he could still use it as if it was still alive. Truely marring his once beautiful visage was the left side of his face, paralyzed into a crual mockery of what it was, forever forming a twisted smile. But he was alive, and he had known pain that the like of which would forever marr his divine soul.

Calling out to The Shadow, proclaimed, "While mortals draw breath, I shall draw breath, I shall not die so easily! I have known pain, the pain that only an immortal pushed beyond death's grasp and returned from his cold embrace could know. I will not fall. I will not give in. I will never give up hope."

And with this, the cloud's dispersed, and the sun showed itself, it's beam piercing the darkness of the land, empowering the god of life, showing all mortals in his divine radiance.

Spent a major act to up Life domain to survive

Sam Miller
2009-07-30, 03:33 AM
Cale would die should her torment continue, another strike of Godkill would surely have been fatal. Yet she was not the god of death, neither did she take pleasure in such things. A foolish thing, no more than an annoying fly, had tried to stop her. The fly had barely moved her; it had merely been tossed aside as Godkill had been thrust. She didn’t care for the fly and let it buzz around as it pleased. She did not often speak or show signs of humility but now was one of those times when she simply had to open her mouth. “The god of life kills for no reason but hate!?” Her voice booming like a thunderclap across the realm. “You have fallen as a god can fall. Your powers are near null here for what you have done. Regret now the actions that were never meant to have happened, or you will die. Your being will die. Your domain will die. Your powers will die. Your people will die.”

With these words Solidaria raised her trident once more and readied the blow that would end life as they knew it, should he not regret and gain his freedom. For those were the laws of her realm, and those that do not abide by the laws must fall, there is no room for fools and rash murderers. Those that cannot feel regret for their actions are doomed to an eternity of torment, and in the end, death. It was as obvious as physics here, the laws were not a thing of the mind, but rather embodied in the land they battled above. If one could call what was transpiring a battle at all. And those that did not follow by the rules quickly found themselves empty and powerless… Yes, one could say that regret gave power to the weak in the decaying land.

orchitect
2009-07-30, 07:40 AM
Niv

I fell like a comet and crashed into the ground. Struggling to raise myself I barely heard the growling of the beasts that roamed the outlands of Solidaria's realm. Hyenas. They were such miserable things in this state and they deserved a better life than the one that Solidaria had given them. "Be tormentors no more!"

I watched as the hyenas transformed, becoming the ultimate form of humanoid sexual ambiguity. I felt myself also change shape, becoming more ambiguous. My hold on the domain of andogyny had grown stronger.

"Solidaria, these beasts you have used to torment your people are yours no longer! They are mine now, and you will be weaker for their loss. Strike him down and I will turn them on your kind! Let him live and we will leave in peace."

1 Major: Create Mighty Race ("Gnolls")
1 Major: Increase Domain (Androgyny +1)

Kaiser Omnik
2009-07-30, 09:30 AM
Grimtusk to Niv

"I suggest you get off the Tormentor's realm. If you do anything to her creations on her sacred realm, she could be tempted to do the same to yours."

orchitect
2009-07-30, 10:41 AM
Niv

"You are wise, where I am still rash, Grimtusk. I shall leave, but I'll give the Gnolls a choice: stay with Solidaria and suffer for a sin they never committed, or come to my realm and be free of torment."

In my realm a great grassland burst into being, sprouting from the earth and flowing in the breeze. I project this image into the mind of every gnoll around me. "The choice if yours."

1 Minor: Create Gnoll Plains

Sam Miller
2009-08-01, 12:45 PM
The Book of Enlightenment
3:2

And so it was, upon this very day, that a god fell. As Godkill penetrated the brash attacker, Solidaria retreated back into the crying halls. It was an eventful day like none before, all the tormented ones stared up in the unveiled sky, and there they saw it, the death of a god. His body flayed like any other victim of torment, the dead god Cale’s body fell down into the seas surrounding the decaying plateau, and in time it would become so much more. At the battle that had occurred, if battle was the correct word for the execution, the old wildlife of the lady’s land had grown sentient… Probably due to some outspill from their divine powers. Unbound by the shackles of torment, some of them remained in the field of black doves, while some decided to explore the world. Either way they would never suffer the powers of torment, unless they themselves chose to. After all… Every one of us, ranging from me to Azhan the martyr, had always chosen… Never had we been forced here. And those that would say otherwise were hurt. We don’t know how the battle exactly had undergone due to a massive shadow that had crept over the entirety of the city at the moment of the other god’s intrusion. We, the Aspirants, understood that it was better that way… Better we did not see the face of our lady.

orchitect
2009-08-01, 09:16 PM
Niv watched the gnolls enter her land and make camp. They were as advanced as cave men, but they were good hunters and their tenacity was admirable. She visited them, told them how she was their creator and that this land was theirs where they could live free and grow with the bounty she provided for them.

One of them was good with tools. His name was Varg. I blessed him, and charged him with the advancement of the Gnoll culture.

2 Intermediate: Create great immortal: Varg