PDA

View Full Version : Help with finding a size

Lord Denyuar
2009-07-05, 11:07 PM
My friend is starting a high level campaign and is allowing templates. I was wanting to be a wizard and was looking through my books (we use 3.0 and 3.5 stuff, we ignore errata's unless it is in our favor) and saw the template "Multiheaded Creature" and the feat "Multivoice". I am taking it as an additional spell per round per additional head because it references a creature with only 2 heads. I am trying to find a way to make a human to start off as a large creature for so I can have up to 3 additional heads per the template. Is there any way I can do so? I can't seem to make a "Large" human and would love to be able to do so with a small level adjustment (preferable 1), so I have come to the most knowledgable source I know of: Playground Forums. Most large creatures have a higher level adjustment and lots of racial HD (although my dm is considering allowing us to ignore racial hd). If I can't find a way to make a "large" human, is there any large creature I can play with small level loss and no negatives to INT? I just think it would be really cool to have heads arguing with each other and still be able to cast several spells per round.

Zain
2009-07-05, 11:10 PM
Goliath form races of stone is a quasi large (Meaning that they count as large for templates, i think) and they are +1LA, and they can use large weapons without the -4

Lord Denyuar
2009-07-05, 11:13 PM
Golaiths count as large for templates? I thought that was just for trips, disarms, and for modifiers and weapons, don't think they also count for templates?

Zain
2009-07-05, 11:17 PM
hmmm.... (Digs around for races of stone)

it doesn't say they don't, yet it dosesn't say they do so RAW No

ask your DM tho he/she might let it in...

mien did

AslanCross
2009-07-05, 11:17 PM
The entry only says they are treated as large for the purposes of combat modifiers if advantageous (bull rush, trip, etc), and for the purposes of wielding weapons. Templates would not count it as Large.

Zain
2009-07-05, 11:18 PM
thank you for the clarification

Blackjackg
2009-07-05, 11:19 PM
A goliath's Powerful Build does not mean that it qualifies as large for any purpose other than special attacks and wielding large weapons.

Probably the least crippling large race you're going to come across is the Half-Ogre (detailed in Races of Destiny). +2 LA, no racial HD, and a -2 Int penalty.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-07-05, 11:23 PM
Giantborn, BoEF. Gets Enlarge Person 1/day at 5th level, and grows to large size(with the increase in stats) at 10th level. +2 LA. Possibly OP.

herrhauptmann
2009-07-05, 11:25 PM
Permanent enlarge person?

Lord Denyuar
2009-07-05, 11:51 PM
I wonder if I can make my background to include my parents both having "enlarge person" permanancied on them and due to the resulting magic and reproduction, I came out as a "Large" human. Should I give myself a +1 Level Adjust and try to run past my DM?

Quietus
2009-07-05, 11:59 PM
I wonder if I can make my background to include my parents both having "enlarge person" permanancied on them and due to the resulting magic and reproduction, I came out as a "Large" human. Should I give myself a +1 Level Adjust and try to run past my DM?

If you can get your hands on Savage Species, you can try to leverage that older version of Half-Ogre with him. +6 str, +2 con, -2 dex/int/cha, large size, 4 NA. +1 LA. I dont' know what's changed about the new version to make it +2, but even that isn't THAT bad - if you start off at level 9 or higher, you could even cut yourself experience and have bought off those level adjustments already.

Lord Denyuar
2009-07-06, 12:02 AM
I just may do that, I mean a -2 Int isn't that bad, I can deal with that. My DM is not allowing Level Ajustment buyoffs. Just fyi, we are starting level 40. If he was allowing buyoffs, there is a lot we could do with and he said no!

Quietus
2009-07-06, 12:04 AM
I just may do that, I mean a -2 Int isn't that bad, I can deal with that. My DM is not allowing Level Ajustment buyoffs. Just fyi, we are starting level 40. If he was allowing buyoffs, there is a lot we could do with and he said no!

At that level, the -2 int will barely matter, and -2 LA... well, you'll still be a freakin' Epic caster. Who can cast four spells per round before considering quicken, auto-quicken, and multispell...

Lord Denyuar
2009-07-06, 12:07 AM
That is exactly what I was thinking. 4 spells a round with just a level +4 lvl adjustment, I am not exactly worried.

Korivan
2009-07-06, 12:29 AM
dragon disciple, after 10+ levels of it you gain a total of 2 size increases.

Quietus
2009-07-06, 01:02 AM
dragon disciple, after 10+ levels of it you gain a total of 2 size increases.

*Raises eyebrow*

*Glances at book*

*Glances at SRD*

Uh what? It doesn't change your size at all. In fact, after 10 levels of it, you can't even cast Enlarge Person on yourself, as your type becomes Dragon (via the half-dragon template).

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-07-06, 01:05 AM
*Raises eyebrow*

*Glances at book*

*Glances at SRD*

Uh what? It doesn't change your size at all. In fact, after 10 levels of it, you can't even cast Enlarge Person on yourself, as your type becomes Dragon (via the half-dragon template).He may have meant one of the other dragon-themed classes. I know I can't keep them all straight. I can't think of which, though.