PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Thrilling plots

gibbo88
2009-07-06, 07:22 AM
I am currently designing a new campaign world and am going into far more depth then I usually do, given that my last campaign went down the proverbial river since it had a lack of detail. At the moment I have a fairly simple mission lined up where the PC's just have to investigate a tunnel that a mining shaft broke into, which is going to lead on to a more major series of missions.

So what I am looking for is some ideas for other adventures to fill in time between these main ones, intermission missions, if you will. :smallbiggrin:

The characters are level three at the moment. The environment is a cold mountainous region and they are based in a small town high in the mountains. Books are core + PHB 2, Complete series and Races series. If there is any more info needed I can supply it.

Go Team!

herrhauptmann
2009-07-06, 08:11 AM
Run them through a more difficult 'burning plague' module (on the WOTC website). If they succeed, they've just angered Grumsh.
Have them do one or two of your main missions. Then later create an orc attack adventure.
This time though, the orcs aren't attacking to conquer a village, they're attacking because Grumsh says 'Kill these humans/elves/dwarves who killed the orc clan.'
So a party that decides to flee rather than defend the towns is actually in an even worse position. Because the orcs will abandon the campaign to conquer within a day or two and pursue the PCs.

Throw in something vague about them being cursed: in death rest forsaken as in life love forgotten. And they'll be more afraid of their characters dying, because now it might come back as a wight or vampire.
(I reworked 'A dark and stormy knight' to help withthat foreboding.)