PDA

View Full Version : FFXd20 (IC)

Kobold-Bard
2009-07-06, 11:25 AM
Summoner
As the ghostly image fades, and the glowing statue turns back to naught but coloured stone, you can feel the knot in your stomach tightening. You know, try as you might to supress it, that this is the last time you will ever see this magnificent place. As you ascend on the platform, you understand that your solemn duty to Spira begins today, and there is no going back. Will you falter before you even start?

No. Of course not, your will has been set since the moment you began your training, not even Sin itself could force you to turn back now.

As you cross the threshold of the Cloister all within the temple stand and bow to you, their silence offering you their deepest gratitude and respect. As you walk into the sunlight of the courtyard all present stop and offer you Yevon's prayer as well. As you reach the top of the steps the flames; the very fabric of the grand Temple burn bright white, and the Hymn echoes from the deepest chamber within, a final gift from the Fayth.

As the singing continues you look around the silent yard and there are your four guardians, ready and waiting for you.

Guardians
It's another scorching day in the Kilika Temple. People come and go across the round courtyard as they always do, priests, crusaders, assorted Kilikans just getting on with their lives, secretly praying that they'll make it to the end of the day without seeing any sign of Sin, that eternal black spot on the horizon, Death incarnate.

However for you at least today is not just another day. Today is the start of a Pilgrimage to the lost city of Zanarkand. And you, along with the three others nearby, are to guard this young Summoner on his journey to the world's end and ensure that he makes it there, even if it costs you your life. It is a solemn duty that you have not undertaken lightly, but you know that it is for the greater good of Spira.

You wait in the baking heat for your charge to emerge from the temple. And suddenly everyone falls silent, bowing to a young man who has exited the colossal building. As the Hymn rings out, he has seen you, and you wait for his order.

Emong
2009-07-06, 12:29 PM
Rin

Rin stands still for a moment, squinting in the sunlight and trying to take in what is happening around him. All these people, people he had grown up around, bowing to him, reminding him of the immenseness of what he had just done.

Taking a deep breath to calm himself he walks down to those destined to speed him along to the fate he had just sealed.

"So, you'll be guarding me then?" he says hesitantly unsure how to address these people and cringing internally at the way the sentence sounded.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-07-06, 12:49 PM
The tall Lancer impassively leaned against his Halbred, not looking at anything in particular. He still wasn't sure why he was here. Most people would view him as an eminently unsuitable Guardian, if they knew the truth. At least the Al Bhed had an excuse for not being Yevonite. He had renounced the faith, and that made him an apostate. And in Spira, that thing rarely ended well. But never the less, he was here. He'd heard that another of those brave, foolish idiots were off to seek the final summon, and die for the price of a few years without Sin. That the boy was Half Al Bhed was part of it. As rare as they were, Panax had met two or three others. He felt an odd affection for them. After all, if things had turned out differently...

Stop. That just leads you to circles.

But there was more to it then that. Panax shook his head, clearing out his gloomy thoughts, glancing over the odd group. Another Half Al Bhed, by the eyes, a full one, and another one of his fellow Humes? This promised to be an... interesting trip if they all decided to stick with it to the end. Panax had walked most of the Pilgrimage before. He knew the distances involved.

Oh well...

As the Hymn rang out joyously, and the Summoner emerged, Panax smiled. The first of the boys Trials had been overcome. He had quite the way to go, however. And they would be with him every step of the way.

"...well not if you don't want us to."

Panax chuckled a little. This boy would need a little backbone it seemed. Especially with his current group of Guardians.

Sairyu
2009-07-06, 10:08 PM
Nyust Seche

As it might on any other day, the sun blazed overhead, scorching man and stone with casual indifference born from a life lived in the heavens. Having grown up in Kilika, the heat was nothing new to the Ronin, a pleasant pressure along his skin that made him feel alive. Idly, he scratched at the base of his skull, eyes drifting down to his weapon belt for confirmation that he was still armed. He'd lost the broadsword that he'd received from the warrior monks just weeks ago and this replacement which the Crusaders had given him seemed woefully inadequate in comparison, a mere sliver of forged steel that was almost weightless at his hip.

It was a wonder, he realized, that he'd been contacted to become guardian to a Summoner. With his dismal track record in the line of battle, falling to a single strike, he was surprised that any Summoner would ever consent to have him aboard. Maybe as fodder or as a porter, but not as an actual guardian. Then again, with the mish-mash of guardians that this Summoner had employed...

Jolted out of his thoughts by the Hymn, he turned his attention to the Summoner and the rather weak introduction that had been made. The Lancer's comment made him grimace though.

"I'm Nyust and I`ll be trying my best..."

Zeldran
2009-07-07, 02:13 AM
Shreya

Uncomfortable in the heat of the courtyard, Shreya self-consciously wiped the sweat from her eyes, attempting to maintain her posture and fruitlessly conceal the battered Moogle doll in her hands from the surrounding priests. This was the opportunity she had been waiting a year for, and she would have joined the pilgrimage at any cost. In the scant moments before the arrival of the summoner, she reexamined her new companions; the two Humes seemed standard enough for this sort of affair, but the Al Bhed...? Perhaps this summoner would be less bound by the teaching of Yevon than the others she had encountered.

Startled by the sudden sound of the Hymn, she quickly joined those around her in bowing to the appearing summoner - now her charge. Biting her lip in a sudden bout of nervousness, she forced herself to relax and rose to look at the now-official summoner she had sworn to protect.

The first thing she noticed were his eyes. Another half-Al Bhed. Well, that explained his choice of companions. And they had something else in common, besides a need to defeat Sin. She noted that he looked calm, if tired and more than a little nervous. Inwardly shrugging at the first Hume's comment, she followed the second's lead and introduced herself.

Greetings Summoner, I am Shreya. Yes, we will be your guardians.

EvenSeven
2009-07-07, 09:07 AM
Yun

The Al Bhed stands at the back of the crowd, polishing his sunglasses on his sleeve while nobody is looking, unbothered by Kilika’s heat – he had travelled through worse conditions, after all. Though he itches to be away from the temple, he retains a passive face and calmly studies the other guardians, interested particularly by the half-Al Bhed girl. He wondered if she, or the summoner, knew anything about their origins.

He had no idea why he had agreed to join this Pilgrimage; it was a Yevon thing, after all, and Al Bhed culture usually saw the journey as a waste of a brave life. Nevertheless, when he had been asked to serve as the summoner’s guardian, he had said yes. As his new charge steps from the temple and the Hymn of the Fayth is sung, however, he can’t help but frown – the tune only serves to agitate him, and he cautiously puts his glasses back on.

As the summoner addresses them, he steps forward to join the other guardians, considering again just what he has agreed to before he gives his answer.

”Where you go, we go.”

Emong
2009-07-07, 12:53 PM
Rin

Rin smiles slightly at the first Hume's comment, feeling his nervousness draining away.

"Oh, I'd prefer you with me. I'm not sure I'd make it if I had to go it alone."

With that Rin chuckles slightly before turning back to the group at large.

"It's very nice to meet you all, My name is Rin. I don't think I can stress how grateful I am that you have agreed to assist me with my Pilgrimage."

The new summoner pauses for a moment wondering about the reasons for this diverse group deciding to become guards to a summoner. The two Humes seemed to be the standard sort of warriors that go for this job, but the Half-Al Bhed girl seemed slightly jumpy and the last man appeared to be a full blooded Al-Bhed, the last person he would ever have expected to join up with a summoner's Pilgrimage or to want to associate with a summoner for that matter.

Oh well, I can always ask them later if it keeps bothering me.

When he begins to speak again his tone is somewhat lighter, telling of his growing accustomed to his new Guardians' presence.

"Now then unless there anything else that any of you want to do here I think it's time to get moving."

I suppose I should go and tell my mother goodby-
No.
She's made it quite clear she doesn't want to see me any more than she has to.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-07-07, 02:30 PM
The Lancer broke into a smile as well. This would have been difficult if the fellow lacked a sense of humor, or had expected them to genfluct every time they spoke to him.

"Let's hope you don't have to find out."

Good enough.

Witht that, Panax turned to business.

"Where will be going now? Besaid, I assume."

Panax knew the Temple's on the Pilgrimage as well as the next person, and If they didn't get Besaid first, it would just mean going back for it.

Kobold-Bard
2009-07-29, 09:26 AM
As the four of you depart the temple the final few Kilikans bow and offer you a Prayer before you reach the first trees of the great forest that filled the majority of the island. It's great leafy bows offer a dramatic peace from the heat you felt at the temple.

Walking through the foot-worn trails you hear movement all around you. Much of it will be tropical birds or the occasional Squatter Monkey patrolling it's nesting territory. But you are all aware that this forest is plagued by Fiends, the manifestation of souls unable to rest. Your journey is especially perilous as the Crusaders are known to be tracking a colossal Ochu through the trees.

--------------------
I need a marching order (minus Zeldran unless he turns up before zerombr submits a character), feel free to make checks if you wish.

Glad to be back folks.

EvenSeven
2009-07-30, 03:53 AM
Yun

"Besaid would be my first choice." Though logic guides his opinions, it is somewhat corrupted by the wish to see the island.

When moving through the forest, Yun will take a middle position in the marching order, presumably near the casters.

Kobold-Bard
2009-07-30, 05:01 AM
After a good 10 minutes you reach a fork in the road (so to speak, you left anything resembling a real road some time ago). The ancient paving stones, now few and far between, continue to the left. The path slightly to your right is more overgrown, but it appears that impatient temple-goers have begun to wear a path down.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-07-30, 11:14 AM
Panax takes the rear, never stopping scanning about with his eyes. He doesn't know any of these people, and isn't going to rely on them without a little more information.

"I say we go right. If people are avoiding the left, then we should as well."

Sairyu
2009-07-30, 03:28 PM
Nyust shuffled forwards, eyes darting about in expectation of a sudden fiend attack. Uncomfortable with being in the lead, he began to run his fingers over the hilt of his weapon, the gesture bringing only marginal comfort to the ronin. The weapon felt too different from the heavy blade he'd been trained to use. It was far too light, the reassuring weight at his side having been replaced by what seemed to be no more than a feather.

Peering at both paths and then back at the rest of the group, he gave a small shrug before throwing his opinion in,

"If there's something though, shouldn't we be... fixing... it?"

He trailed off, a bit uncertain as to how the lancer would take the comment, before quickly adding,

"I mean, not that I mind if you want to go right..."

Zeldran
2009-08-01, 01:33 AM
Shreya

Although glad to be away from the worst of the heat, Shreya seemed noticeably uncomfortable in the forest, shifting uncomfortably at the various sounds. Biting her lip, she moved towards the middle of the group, taking a spot behind Rin and attempting to appear calm before her new allies.

At the fork, she glanced over both paths before shrugging.

"My vote's for the right; there's probably just a bridge out on the main road."
Turning to Nyust, she adds "It looks like people have been using the right path for a while. And we would have been warned if there was anything out here we could help with, right? "

EvenSeven
2009-08-01, 01:56 AM
As they come to the fork in the road, Yun removes his glasses and begins to polish them again.

"I'd go left, myself. We don't know who - or what - wore out the right path." He shrugs and slips his glasses back on. "If we run in to any problems, we can easily double back."

Emong
2009-08-01, 11:49 AM
Rin

"It would seem it's a better idea to go right. I have no idea what could be to the left, but if more people are using the right it must be safer."

Having made his opinion known, Rin rests his back against a tree and waits for the group to start moving again.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-08-01, 11:53 AM
Panax shrugged. Rin had declared which way they would go, and that was that. He was the summoner, which made him the leader of his band.

"If Rin says right, we go right. Let's go."

Kobold-Bard
2009-08-02, 09:49 AM
Following the advice of your Summoner you head right and follow the forest path. As you push aside the greenery there is a a brief rustle before an oversized wasp bursts through the trees and attempts to pierce Nyust's shoulder with it's sting.

Fortunately the Ronin's years of training allow him to evade the attack, whirling around just in time to see more fiends appear. As he does so a green lizard-like fiend aimes its claws straight for the new Summoner's throat, and in the chaos of the ambush it hits home (3 damage and a DC12 Fort Save or he's Muted for 3 rounds).

-----------------------------------
Fiends are as follows:
1x Killer Bee
1x Yellow Element
1x Dinonix
1x Ragora
Please avoid the urge to look them up as it'll spoil the fun :smallwink:
Also all my rolls are random at the moment, including who gets hit and by what. I promise I didn't plot to silence the healer right away.

I'm not planning on making battle maps unless I need to, but if people would prefer them then I will.

Initiative:
Killer Bee (22)
Dinonix (21)
Rin (16)
Yun (15)
Ragora (12)
Nyust (9)
Panax (7)
Sheyra (6)
Yellow Element (4)

Anyone can post in any order, I'll organise them once everyone has, allowing time for changes if someone's target dies before their turn etc.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-08-02, 08:18 PM
OOC: I like Battle Maps, even if they are only an Excel Spreadsheet with colored squares. But if I'm all alone, it's fine.

Panax squared his shoulders as the creatures burst from the Jungle, but not in time to protect Rin from the attack by the Lizard creature. However, he still charged forward, trying to get between Rin and the rest of the fiends, before slashing at the Green one that had attacked Rin.

"Some find guardians we are."

Panax charges at the Green Lizard if possible, and attacks.

[roll0]+2 if charge is successful.

[roll1] Crit confirmation roll (just in case).

[roll2] + And Lancet so 10% of creatures health (minimum 1) and MP (minimum 1) (DC 12 Fort save for hald, as well as getting to roll an Intelligence Check to see if get a Ronso Rage Ability. [roll3]. DC is the Lizards CR +10

Sairyu
2009-08-02, 11:37 PM
There were four fiends that he could make out. Four fiends to four guardians and a muted summoner. Good odds he supposed. At least they weren't outnumbered. If he'd had his way about things, he'd move back to assist Rin against the lizard, but Panax was already winding up for a charge and the ronin was more than confident in the lancer's ability to handle the agile fiend. Then again, there was the matter of the over-sized bee trying to ventilate his body, so he probably wouldn't have been able to disengage and get to Rin's aid in any reasonable time frame. So things were better this way.

Swiping at the killer bee with his rapier, Nyust fell into the stance that had been taught to him at the temple. Body almost squared with the creature, he held his stance open, rapier hand extended in an almost inviting gesture and eyes studying its movements. He'd take it's blood in payment for his own, not exactly a safe way to end a fight, but effective enough in a hurry. He was in a hurry.

1d20 + 4 <-- to hit with rapier
if this hits, it deals 1d6 + 1 slashing damage
Nyust declares karmic strike on his round (AC -4 to 14, being hit provokes AoOs)
Nyust declares dodge on the Killer Bee (AC +1 to 15)

1d20 + 4 <-- for next round if the bee hits him, he attacks back with karmic strike (AoO)
if this hits, it deals 1d6 + 1 slashing damage

edit: well, I just did not do that correctly... rolls in the ooc thread...

EvenSeven
2009-08-03, 01:20 AM
Yun draws his katar and runs around to the other side of the bee while it's busy with Nyust.

Moving to flank the bee so I can sneak attack, and attacking with one katar.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Zeldran
2009-08-03, 10:10 AM
Shreya takes a step back at the fiend's sudden appearance, startled by the lizard's sudden appearance and its violent leap at Rin. Shaking off her surprise, she summons a burst of water at the creature, determined not to let their pilgrimage fail before it begins. After the spell is cast she glances around, noticing the nearby elemental and prepares to deal with whatever it will throw at her.

((OOC: If the lizard is dead by the time Shreya's turn rolls around - which seems likely with Panax's rolls and her low initiative - she'll do the following instead.))

Shreya freezes for a moment at the fiend's sudden appearance, surprised by the lizard sudden appearance and the violent leap at Rin. Before she could react, one of the humes dove on the creature, dispersing it back to pyreflies. Spinning quickly in a search for other attackers, she finds that she is the only person between Rin and the Yellow Element. Musing for a (short) moment that she was now officially a guardian, she summons a burst of water at the creature.

The same rolls on my part either way. She takes a 5-foot step towards the element before casting to get away from the lizard's AoO if it is still alive. Dodge is activated on the Element (Not that it's going to attack my AC, but...)

Water:
To hit(Touch attack): [roll0]
Damage:[roll1] (Force damage, +50% damage to the element, Fort check dc 14 for half damage)

-4mp, so 32 total.

Emong
2009-08-03, 03:56 PM
Rin

Rin stumbles backwards surprised as the lizard-fiend slashes at his throat. His cry of shock is cut short as he feels his throat close up. Angry, he levels his crossbow at the beast and fires.

Fortitude Save: [roll0]
Attack Roll: [roll1]
Damage Roll: [roll2]

Moving as far back from the Dinonix as possible and firing my crossbow at it.

Kobold-Bard
2009-08-04, 07:51 AM
Following the fiends successful ambush the silenced Summoner retaliates with a bolt to the lizard's chest, it's claws thankfully missing this time.

Yun dodges around the Killer Bee as it misses Nyust, one of it's impromptu attacks landing true (1 damage and DC11 Fort Save or Poisoned) as his blade meets one of the fiend's wing joints, badly injuring it. However the Al Bhed's attack takes him out of the Ragora's missile path, it's spray of seeds pelting past harmlessly into the trees as Nyust launches himself at the injured fiend.

Felling the Killer Bee, he lands amongst a cloud of pyreflies, his stance both practised and dramatic.

Meanwhile at the other end of the group Panax lands a powerful blow with the flat of his lance into the Dinonix's side, draining it of it's lifeforce (2HP & 2MP drained) as Sheyra conjures a sphere of water and flings it over the Lancer's shoulder at the enemy, just as the Elemental behind him unleashes a bolt of it's electrical essence towards him, which misses almost as dramatically as the Ragora.

---------------------------
Round Two.
- Killer Bee is dead.
- Rin is silenced for 2 more rounds.
- I've posted a message to check if Lancet deals weapon damage as well or not. For now assume it doesn't and the above is how it happened. I'll edit appropriately if I'm found to be wrong.

Current Map (still trying to improve it)

- Characters are identified by the first letter of their name, bolded and using their speech colour.
- Enemies are identified by the first letter of their type, bolded.

....A B..C
21[ ][ ][ ]
22[ ][ ][ ]
23[ ][ ][ ]
24[ ][R][ ]
25[ ][ ][ ]
26[ ][Y][ ]
27[ ][ ][ ]
28[R][N][ ]
29[ ][ ][ ]
10[ ][ ][D]
11[ ][ ][P]
12[ ][S][ ]
13[ ][ ][ ]
14[ ][Y][ ]

Hissing furiously at the bombardment of attacks it has received the Dinonix leaps at Panax, brutally slashing his chest with claws that unleash a deadly poison that attacks his muscles (3 damage and DC12 Fort Save or Petrified).

Zeldran
2009-08-07, 04:59 PM
Shreya

Leaving Rin and Panax to handle the lizard, Shreya decides that the Element's flanking position and spells are a larger threat, and something that she can handle especially well. She again casts a water spell although this time it is targeted at the Element.

To hit(Touch):[roll0]
Damage:[roll1] (Force type, +50% damage to the element, Fort check dc 14 for half damage)

-4, so 28 mp left

Emong
2009-08-07, 05:33 PM
Rin

Rin lets out a silent breath before reloading his crossbow and firing again at the lizard.

To Hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

EvenSeven
2009-08-07, 08:19 PM
As soon as the killer bee falls, Yun's already moving on to the next fiend. He draws his second katar and lunges silently at the ragora...

I think I only have time this turn for one attack with the katar.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Tackyhillbillu
2009-08-07, 08:35 PM
OOC: Place holder

[roll0]

Sairyu
2009-08-08, 03:44 AM
Nyust moves to flank the Dinonix (5ft step) across from Panax and makes a single attack against it. He then declares dodge on the Ragora as well as Karmic Strike on his action. Nyust is also poisoned, which deals... 3d3 damage?

-4 AC from Karmic strike on his action (AC -4 to 14, being hit provokes AoOs)
Dodge on the Ragora Bee (AC +1 to 15)

[roll0] attack after the 5ft step (+2 from flanking)
[roll1] slashing damage if the attack hits.

[roll2] (+2 from flanking) AoO if damaged by the Dinonix
[roll3] slashing damage if the attack hits.

edit: It appears I've fumbled the attack roll. What happens here?

Kobold-Bard
2009-08-08, 05:08 AM
Seeing his comrade in danger Rin's bolt strikes true, piercing the fiend's side and causing it to erupt in a cloud of pyreflies

Yun's blade cuts through the Ragora's leafy body, troubling it enough that it fires its seed volley in completely the wrong direction.

Though Panax fought, the poison was too strong for him and his body turns to cold stone, his pained expression etched into his wickedly carved face.

Seeing his ally turned to stone completely offbalances Nyust, his attack missing by miles, while at the same time Shreya and the Element both unleash bolts of Eldritch energy, the spells colliding in midair, cancelling each other out in an electrical burst.

----------------------------
Dinonix is dead.
Rin is silenced for 1 more round.
Panax is stoned (:smalltongue:), Hardness 8, HP 250.

....A B..C
21[ ][ ][ ]
22[ ][ ][ ]
23[ ][ ][ ]
24[ ][R][ ]
25[ ][Y][ ]
26[ ][ ][ ]
27[ ][ ][ ]
28[R][ ][ ]
29[ ][ ][N]
10[ ][ ][ ]
11[ ][ ][P]
12[ ][S][ ]
13[ ][ ][ ]
14[ ][Y][ ]

Round 3.

Sairyu
2009-08-08, 11:35 AM
Nyust moves next to the yellow elemental (30ft movement speed takes him to 13A I believe) and attacks it, hoping to deal damage to it and harass it to reduce it's spell casting capabilities. He also takes damage from poison if there's no ongoing fort save.

[roll0] poison damage if fort save not applicable or fails
[roll1] fort save in case of ongoing save

[roll2] attack roll
[roll3] damage roll (slashing)

I believe casting a spell in melee provokes an AoO, so if it gets around to that and the yellow elemental does so (without making a 5ft adjustment that is),
[roll4] AoO attack roll
[roll5]

EvenSeven
2009-08-09, 10:46 AM
Yun continues to jab at the fiend with his pair of katar, his focus entirely on ending the fight quickly...

Attacking the ragora with both weapons.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Zeldran
2009-08-10, 10:50 AM
Shreya continues to face down the element. She's also glad to have Nyust's help, and casts yet another water spell at the Element in the hope that their combined attacks will defeat it quickly.

Hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] , +50% damage to the element, Fort check dc 14 for half damage.

Emong
2009-08-10, 11:16 AM
Rin

Having dispatched his opponent Rin reloads his crossbow and fires at the Ragora.

To Hit: [roll0]

Kobold-Bard
2009-08-11, 09:25 AM
Rin's crossbow bolt as well as Yun's first blade cause the Ragora a great deal of pain, it's leafy appendages flailing wildly. However Yun's second weapon passes through without finding purchase, and his close proximity mean the fiend has little trouble firing a round of seeds straight into his chest (6 damage, DC12 Reflex for Half).

Once again Nyust feels the Killer Bee's legacy course through his veins, wracking him with pain. However his blade strikes true, brutally damaging the Element despite it's insubstantial nature. Just as your blade passes through it, Shreya's spell also succeeds, resulting in an electrical discharge and another cloud of pyreflies.

Maybe this won't be so hard after all.

Throughout all of this Panax feels cold, the sounds of the battle around him dull and distant. He is in agony, but it is a pain he's never felt before, almost as if he was deep under water and the pressure was too great to move.

------------------------
Yellow Element is dead.
Rin is no longer Silenced.
Nyust is still poisoned (I asked and it keeps going until healed.)

Round 4.

EvenSeven
2009-08-11, 01:28 PM
Yun lets out an audible "oof" as the seeds land their mark. However, regardless of the damage, he continues to attack.

[roll0]
7/13, or 10/13 if I succeed on my Reflex. Attacking with both weapons again this round.
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Sairyu
2009-08-11, 02:51 PM
Edit: Whoops, didn't notice the double post

Sairyu
2009-08-11, 02:59 PM
Nyust is too far from the Ragora to move next to it for an attack. Instead, he moves 30ft, interposing himself between the black mage and the fiend, screening her from its view. Bringing his rapier up, he holds it nearly vertical, determined to defend his allies even as he grinds his teeth against the poison's effect.

Nyust declares dodge on the Ragora (+1 dodge bonus)
Nyust goes into total defense (+4 dodge bonus)
[roll0] Poison Damage

Nyust's AC is 23 against the Ragora until his next turn.

Edit: Nyust is at 6/28 after taking poison damage

Zeldran
2009-08-13, 04:27 AM
Shreya

While Shreya is thankful for Nyust's offer of protection, she also notices that he is on the verge of collapse. Deciding to save the remnants of her mana for any other challenges that could appear today, she moves past Nyust and steels herself in case the plant creature shoots its seeds in her direction. Taking advantage of Yun's all out attack, Shreya turns several dials on her moogle doll and launches it towards the Ragora.

Shreya declares Dogde at the Ragora (+1 dodge AC)
Hit: [roll0]

Emong
2009-08-13, 10:33 PM
Rin

Relieved that his voice has returned, Rin fires his crossbow at the Ragora hoping to end the fight quickly so he can patch everyone up.

To Hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Kobold-Bard
2009-08-14, 05:42 AM
Finally being able to speak again seems to give Rin new vigour as his bolt strikes true above his floored companion, piercing the creatures "flower" causing it to writhe in pain as it breaks up into pyreflies.

As they begin to disperse you can see a small pile of objects where the Ragora had previously been; including four glowing spheres filled with the knowledge and experience of the pyreflies that had made up the fallen fiends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy5eGK026HE

Post Battle Loot consists of:
1x Mana Sphere
2x Feature Sphere
1x Attack Sphere

1x Antidote
1x Soft

(And based on the amount of treasure you should get from that encounter you should owe me about 2000 gil. But since I'm a nice guy you also find):

2x Potions
1x Eye Drops
A pouch containing 50 Gil

Other things:
1. I'll keep a running track of Spheres collected/used so you don't have to.
2. Make sure you keep track of your own Overdrive Points, because I'm not.
3. That was supposed to be a gentle introduction battle, I may need to reconsider my GM-ing style :smallcool:
--------------------------------------------------

The battle is won, what do you do now?

Sairyu
2009-08-17, 12:27 PM
Desperately, Nyust lunges towards the antidote, uncorking it and guzzling down the restorative liquid. Feeling better almost immediately, he begins to approach the attack sphere,

"If I take this, It's okay right?"

Emong
2009-08-17, 03:57 PM
Rin

"Only if you hold still for a second so I can patch you up."

Rin smiles a bit before muttering a swift incantation under his breath, causing Nyust to be bathed in a green light. With that done he grabs the Soft and applies it to Panax

-4 MP
Heals: [roll0] HP

Zeldran
2009-08-18, 05:30 AM
Shreya

Seeing that Rin is tending to her fellow guardians Shreya takes a moment to rest, collapsing to the ground and massaging her eyelids. With the battle completed, her discomfort at being surrounded by the forest has returned, though it is admittedly less harsh now that she has witnessed the team's competency.

"Have the fiends in this forest always been so aggressive? I can't help but worry about what else might be waiting to pop out at us."

EvenSeven
2009-08-18, 06:09 AM
Yet again, Yun removes his glasses and begins to polish them on his sleeve. "I think if there were any others nearby they would have attacked already. We should be fine."

He holds the glasses into the sunlight filtering through the trees, then apparently satisfied puts them back on before shifting his attention to the Summoner. "Are you alright, Rin? That lizard seemed to hit you pretty well..."

Emong
2009-08-18, 06:27 PM
Rin

Rin rubs the wound on his neck, checking the depth of the cuts.

"Me? I'm fine, it's not really much more that a scratch. Now, does anyone else need me to heal them?"

Kobold-Bard
2009-08-20, 06:56 AM
With everybody patched up de-stoned you move off through the forest again. After a solid hour of walking (where you are attacked by no fewer than 67 random assortments of Fiends, but for the ease of carrying on we'll ignore them :smalltongue:) you come out of your forest path, and walk straight into a Crusader Patrol, all of whom look extremely relieved to see you.

A tall man wearing a silver armband walks towards you. "Summoner Rin?"

Asuuming you reply he offers a bowing prayer and continues. "Thank Yevon you're alright. When we found out that you were leaving today we planned to meet you and offer you an escort to the dock. However we discovered an Ochu skulking through the forest and were forced to subdue it. It's a miracle that you chose the forest path." Seeing you confused looks he waves behind him at his injured men and explains.

"We found the bastard hiding on the main road waiting in what looked like an ambush. If you'd taken it...well the important thing is that you didn't. Praise be to Yevon." He and all those present capable of doing so offer the prayer again.

"Come we'll escort you the rest of the way. Oh and I almost forgot, we came across a man in the town we believe to be an Al Bhed conspirator, as he was bearing a machina weapon. We have him in custody just outside the forest, unarmed of course, but all the same I thought I should warn you that he will be on the same ship as you to Besaid."

---------------------
That would be Zerombr they have in custody. Hume Blitzer with a preference for machina rifles over Blitzballs. I suppose it's up to you if you get him released or not, but I'd prefer if you did :smallamused:.

His sheet. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=146104)

Sairyu
2009-08-20, 08:25 PM
Nyust
(I've been forgetting to do this :X)

Nyust returned the gesture, giving the Crusaders a weary nod to show his respect. Thank Yevon they hadn't taken the other path indeed. The minor run in that they'd had had been bad enough, just thinking of having to deal with an Ochu...

The ronin shivered, fingers unconsciously pulling at his chain shirt. Hah, and he'd wanted to play hero again, righting Spira's woes. Take the high path he'd said, some Guardian he was, driving his Summoner towards danger. After all, it was the Crusaders who had to protect the people, and in the end, wasn't it better those men and women than a Summoner?

Turning from the rest of the group, a frown played over his face before disappearing just as quickly. Such thoughts were better left for another time.

"Hah, yes, thank Yevon indeed."

He bowed again. His joints still ached, the aftermath of the Killer Bee's poison, but he did it anyways, because he was glad that he was alive.