PDA

View Full Version : Saga Race?

Froogleyboy
2009-07-07, 12:25 AM
Ok, I'm joining a saga game (not sure what era but I think KotOR because he talked about mandolorians) and I can't decided whether to be a Squib, a Mirulka, a Human, or a Twilek,

Now, before choosing, this is from a flavor stand point. Now, I luv squibs but I want to be something a little more humanish, but plain humans are kinda boring when youre in the star wars universe. Ya'know

Raltar
2009-07-07, 01:17 AM
What class?

Haven
2009-07-07, 01:58 AM
Now, before choosing, this is from a flavor stand point. Now, I luv squibs but I want to be something a little more humanish, but plain humans are kinda boring when youre in the star wars universe. Ya'know

Well if this is your only criterion go with Twi'lek. They're mostly human, they just have nifty skin colors and head tentacles.

AstralFire
2009-07-07, 02:39 AM
DON'T LISTEN TO ANYTHING HE JUST TOLD YOU.

Miraluka are BOSS. Be the badass blind woman in a veil!

Uin
2009-07-07, 03:39 AM
Unhelpful: Transdoshan, Falleen or Gand. Non-mammals FTW!

Helpful: If this is an optimisation question then it really depends on what sort of build you are going for. Other near-human races: Zabrak, Zelton, Chiss, Arkanian, Nagai, off the top of my head. (Don't choose Nagai, way overpowered, the whisper gnome of SWSaga)

Haven
2009-07-07, 07:01 AM
DON'T LISTEN TO ANYTHING HE JUST TOLD YOU.

WAT words words

Froogleyboy
2009-07-07, 01:22 PM
I said "Flavor" so class and build don't matter.

AstralFire
2009-07-07, 01:32 PM
WAT words words

It's true. Miraluka are awesome.

Lupy
2009-07-07, 01:36 PM
I said "Flavor" so class and build don't matter.

If it's just flavor than it depends on who you want the character to be, and we can't tell you that.

Froogleyboy
2009-07-07, 04:28 PM
Well, bye flavor I mainly mean which do you think is cooler, but not by game stats

I'm also adding Zeltron to the list. Now, remember, I'm a guy so don't say "Play a Zeltron cuz day R hot"

Dixieboy
2009-07-07, 04:33 PM
It's true. Miraluka are awesome.

i disagree, their only "kewl powah" is the fact that they don't have eyes. :smallannoyed:

Their blindness is a gimmick and not really all that flavorful, as seen by Kreia it is possible to use the blind shtick without being Miraluka anyway.

There's also only ever been 1 good Miraluka character in the EU.

aberratio ictus
2009-07-08, 10:52 AM
I say invent your own race. I don't know if saga supports race creation, but if I recall correctly there were rules for it in d20. My DM encouraged me to do so and it ended up being fun for everyone involved.

As for the usual races, I've always been fond of Duros or Quarren.