PDA

View Full Version : Building a semi functioning story line for SFIV

Fiendish_Dire_Moose
2009-07-07, 01:42 AM
Is it me, or does Capcom like to punish you when you do well in their games? Twelve-thousand Gods of Cheesecake do I hate Seth. Praise me however for with only two weeks of playing it, and it being my first time playing on Hardest I made it through Arcade mode with zero losses. Shinryuken sucka.
But my awesomeness is not the subject here. Today, and maybe tomorrow, perhaps even the following days, I would like to get with other Street Fighter fans to build a semi functioning story line of the Street Fighter Saga. SFI doesn't count because, well, it was terrible. I have only played SFI, II, Super II Turbo, part of Alpha, and SFIV. I have watched the anime, as well as the Alpha anime. (We are leaving the Jean Claude movie out of this, as well as that horrid Chun-Li movie. Because, well, they had absolutely nothing to do with anything. God rest Raul Julias soul.)
So, I'll set some foundation:

We start with Ryu, the man with the potential to become, and perhaps does become the greatest fighter.
Before SFII, he battles his second greatest rival, Sagat. However in this battle he summons great power (Satsui no hadou anyone?) and delivers a shoryuken that scars Sagat.
After this Sagat goes on to train and potentially hate all up on Ryu.
Enter SFII series, wherein Ryu enters the little tournament, makes his way up to beating on Bison (Vega?), however before the fight can actually take place Akuma (Gouki) steps in, beats the ever loving tar out of Bison (Vega?) and challenges Ryu to a little fun. Here I get a bit fuzzy, but if I am to understand properly, Akuma (Gouki) refuses to fight seriously and is really only gauging(Sp?) Ryu's power.
(Gap)

Enter SFIV, wherein Ryu finds his power to be a little, well, lacking. As he enters the tournament held by Seth (Or the other ones?) he only briefly gets to fight Ken. He alledgedly does not actually fight Sagat, as Sagats story shows us he feels a disinterest in fighting, learning that he didn't truly seek revenge, but the feeling he got from the true art or battle that experienced with Ryu.
(Side track over.)
Ryu seems to beat Seth with ease, where after he meets his newly awakened master Gouken. Gouken beats up Ryu for whatever reason and seals off his power (the dark hadou maybe?)
End Ryu's story.

So, that's some ground work for main character number 1. Help, corrections and snide remarks welcome.