PDA

View Full Version : Good ps3 games

Jinura
2009-07-07, 12:11 PM
So I've gotten into this situation that I need another PS3 game, having played through the bunch I had, most recently being done with Star Wars: The force unleashed.
I'm looking for something rpg, action, or strategy(ish) or something around that, anything with a good story or roleplaying ( I know It's weird doing alone :S ) However games out of these categories will be okay.

You'll probably want a list of games I've played already ( althought I might be forgetting some :S )

GTA IV
Bioshock
Assassins creed
Oblivion
Fallout III
Star Wars: Force unleashed
Guitar Hero ( Who haven't? )
Uncharted
F.E.A.R

And think I might be forgetting one or two, but no impressive list..

The Rose Dragon
2009-07-07, 12:12 PM
Metal Gear Solid 4.

Devil May Cry 4.

Folklore.

Little Big Planet.

Mirror's Edge.

Optimystik
2009-07-07, 12:48 PM
Resident Evil 5, and get a friend

InFamous

Terraoblivion
2009-07-07, 01:39 PM
The obvious thing to recommend here is Valkyria Chronicles. The story is far from innovative, but it is very well told with likeable characters and genuinely emotional scenes. It is also a strategy RPG, leaning more towards strategy than RPG fitting it neatly into the categories you have expressed interest in. It also holds the distinction of being easily the best looking game around, which should account for quite a bit.

Other than that i'd recommend Folklore. While not as good looking as Valkyria Chronicles, it is still a stylish and atmospheric game with a pretty good story. The gameplay is functional and works, but it is not the most inspired, though i think that the quality of the story and the atmosphere more than makes up for that.

Atelm
2009-07-07, 01:42 PM
I heartily second Valkyria Chronicles, definitely worth the money and one of the better PS3 RPG/Strategy games around.

Jinura
2009-07-07, 02:37 PM
I've been looking quite a bit into Valkyria, but it's quite expensive here though. I played the demo for Folklore and thought it was okay, not like most of the stuff you find. Also is this whole Infamous thing that good as they say.

JabberwockySupafly
2009-07-08, 08:10 AM
Demon's Souls.

It's not out until the fall in America & Europe may not even get it, but it's out in full English voice & text if you get the Asian version. Incredibly fun, challenging and beautiful Action RPG from the folks at FROM SOFTWARE, the makers of Kings Field and Armored Core.

You will, obviously, have to import it if you want to get it right away (which I think any RPG fan should!), but you shouldn't pay more than retail for it if you take a look around (if you deciede to get it, don't order from Play-Asia as they have been taking forever to send them out).

There are other recommendations I heartily agree with on here as well, like inFamous, Little Big Planet, Resident Evil 5, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Hunter Noventa
2009-07-08, 12:32 PM
Put me down as another voice for Valkyria Chronicles. I still have yet to beat it, but it's a lovely, challenging game.

Also good is Disgaea 3. If you're unfamiliar with the series, it's a light-hearted, hilarious strategy RPG where everything is over nine thousand and bright and flashy. Sure the graphics are 2.5D, but they're very well drawn and like I said, the game is hilarious.

Burley
2009-07-08, 01:36 PM
While my library for the PS3 is quite limited, I'd like to say that inFamous is erhem... "teh roxorz." Did I say that right?
Anyways, great great great platforming that we should expect from Sucker Punch. The combat is fun and challenging, and the game can go from casual to frustrating to shaking the controller and kicking your legs 'cause "What the hell just happened!"

Jinura
2009-07-08, 03:18 PM
All right, so it seems like I'm gonna go get Valkyria, since I already considered it before. InFamous get's a lot of good talk from around everywhere i've seen, and I actully ( why do i keep thinking i spell that wrong? ) had thought about Disgea III. So Valkyria is more or less sure, and folklore, Disgea and InFamous at maybe.

Thanks for the recommendations so far guys :smallsmile:

Burley
2009-07-09, 11:33 AM
You think you're spelling it wrong cause you are, actually. :smalltongue:

Bouregard
2009-07-09, 12:37 PM
With a good friend "Army of two".
Metal gear solid 4 is a must have.
Force unleashed is also pretty funy.

Ranis
2009-07-09, 12:48 PM
The last time I actually heard about a PS3 game was when MGS4 came out, so that one must be good. I heard about infamous too, but when prototype came out I only heard about it and how it was better, so I dunno. *shrug*