PDA

View Full Version : Running a DnD game, need some input

CosmicSol
2009-07-07, 02:08 PM
Hey all,

I'm designing a mission for my group that takes place inside a prison at the bottom of the ocean. If you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate some ideas for creatures.

So far, I've got a few things down. The Warden is a Mindflayer who should be accompanied by some cool stuff that is currently undecided, and the majority of the normal prison guards will be kuo-tao fighters.

Any ideas for the fearsome foes our PCs will be facing?

Krrth
2009-07-07, 02:09 PM
Hey all,

I'm designing a mission for my group that takes place inside a prison at the bottom of the ocean. If you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate some ideas for creatures.

So far, I've got a few things down. The Warden is a Mindflayer who should be accompanied by some cool stuff that is currently undecided, and the majority of the normal prison guards will be kuo-tao fighters.

Any ideas for the fearsome foes our PCs will be facing?

If you can, check out Stormwrack. It should have lots of good ideas for ya.

rokar4life
2009-07-07, 02:48 PM
humanoids who have commited a crime, maybe a devil, demon, or similar crying in a corner for effect.

Mando Knight
2009-07-07, 03:04 PM
Black, Green, White, Bronze, and Gold dragons have water-breathing and swim speeds...

Jalor
2009-07-07, 04:52 PM
An elite squad of Sahaugin, each using a different (read: overly complicated) gish build. The warden dispatches them whenever there's a chance of a prisoner escaping. They would provide for some awesome tactical combat, because Batman wizards that then proceed to rush the party to kick their asses in melee are cool.

CosmicSol
2009-07-07, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the replies! Unfortunately, I don't have access to Stormwrack.

The Sanhuagin thing sounds really cool, though. Can you possibly link me to the racial stats for them?

Vaynor
2009-07-07, 05:36 PM
They're on the SRD (and in the core MM).

Linky (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/sahuagin.htm)

AslanCross
2009-07-07, 07:12 PM
Summon the KRAKEN!

Wait, for what level?

You could also throw in Aboleths (MM) and Kopru (MM2). Aboleths respect Illithids out of being creeped out by them, so they might traffic or conspire with them. Kopru fill the role of creepy Aboleth minions/allies.

d20srd.org has all the stats for the Monster Manual monsters, except for product identity monsters (Mind flayers, beholders, among others)