PDA

View Full Version : Computer Help?

Vespe Ratavo
2009-07-07, 07:01 PM
So, my computer is currently having a really strange error, and I was hoping the collective GitP hive mind thingy could help.

Every couple of seconds, it says "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." After I click either "send error report" or "don't send," my task bar disappears for a couple of seconds, then loads again. The process then repeats itself. While I can still do most things, it's incredibly annoying.

Help plz? :smallfrown:

Crimmy
2009-07-07, 07:06 PM
Well, I have almost the same problem, but I'm not really sure why it's happening.

My theory is that there's a "File" in your desktop that makes some .dll file go haywire.

It happens on me on a folder where I have some images stored.
Whenever I try opening it, it goes: "Windows explorer has blah blah blah."

Try and purge it, even though I believe the answer is now deep within the PC.

Jack Squat
2009-07-07, 07:11 PM
What exactly are you doing when this happens? Does it happen from start-up to shut down, or did it start after you did something? Have you downloaded anything recently before this showed up? Have you tried restarting? Does it still happen when you start in safemode?

Vespe Ratavo
2009-07-07, 07:29 PM
Hmm. So I uninstalled Frets On Fire (which didn't run on my system) and it seems to have stopped. False alarm.

Heh. Heh. :smallredface:

*slinks off*