PDA

View Full Version : A Shadow Mephit Creature?

Ixahinon
2009-07-07, 09:23 PM
Is there one in 3.5? As in, official? Not something that was homebrewed? I know there is a crap ton of other ones. (Air, Water, Smoke, Fire, Magma, Slime)

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-07-08, 12:22 AM
Not that I'm aware of. All the existing ones are elements or combinations of them (smoke = air + fire, magma = fire + earth, etc.).

hamishspence
2009-07-08, 12:07 PM
would be appropiate if there was- Tome of Magic had shadow elementals, and shadow genies, so adding a mephit would work.

Necromancer Games Tome of Horrors had Lightning mephits in.

quick_comment
2009-07-08, 12:11 PM
Couldnt you just add the shadow template to one and call it a day?

Cedrass
2009-07-08, 12:28 PM
Couldnt you just add the shadow template to one and call it a day?

You just won a cookie

http://www.sallybernstein.com/food/columns/zonis/Best_Cookie-20.jpg

hamishspence
2009-07-08, 12:32 PM
Then, it would be a Shadow Fire mephit, or some similar.

For maximum satisfaction, it has to be unique- just shadow- in the way a Shadow Genie (khayal) is not just an elemental genie with the shadow template added- its different.

Homebrew, based on typical mephits but customized to taste, is probably best bet.

There is already 1 non-elemental mephit- the Mirror Mephit in Expedition to the Demonweb Pits- native of the Plane of Mirrors.

adanedhel9
2009-07-08, 12:39 PM
I think I did a shadow mephit at some point. I'll have to dig through my files to find it, though; if I do find it I'll post it later today.

hamishspence
2009-07-08, 12:42 PM
Shadow Primal Elemental, or Shadow Elemental Monolith, might be fun to stat out based on the existing Shadow Elementals.

Yes, it might come under "excessive symmetry" but I kinda like the idea.

an Elemental Prince of Shadow, like the ones in Dragon Magazine (Imix, Olhydra, Ogremoch, Yan-C-Bin, Cryonax) would also be an interesting idea.