PDA

View Full Version : [Campaign Journal] It's elementary, my dear Watson

Cedrass
2009-07-07, 10:34 PM
Last Sunday my group and I started a new campaign, and reading the Crystal Cantrips thread decided I'd give a shot at those campaign journals everyone is doing.

It's my first time doing this and even if doesn't get read that much I'm guessing it'll allow me to have a nice overall picture of what's happening. Anyways, here's the party so far, all level one, and keep in mind we are playing with the Pathfinder rules:

My character, Ori Radovan, a Human Beguiler
He's a carefree guy wandering in the world since he got banned from his country for having killed someone, a crime he did not commit.He just had way too much weight in political affairs so some members of the council set him up. He joined the party after being saved by them, following them for the simple reason they look like fun.

He's being possessed by a Devil, and for fluff reasons, I decided this devil is the source of Ori's magic powers, my DM was ok with that :smallsmile:. I'm wondering what would happen if the devil left Ori or I dunno...

I plan on focusing on illusions and being more of a support character for the team.
There's also a Human Warblade who's name I can't remember
I don't know much about him, what I know is he's a good guy, something like NG I'm guessing. He's traveling to recover an artifact for his king. (Sometimes simple backgrounds are nice :smalltongue:) He's being followed by a halfling sorcerer.
The sorcerer in question is named Kideck (or something like that XD)
We don't know much about this guy yet. He's a bit like my character, carefree, plays dumb but is in fact pretty intelligent. I think he'll be the glass cannon of the team, since it's what sorcerers are the best at, also he's taken the Air Elemental bloodline.
We are being accompanied by an other human, a Barbarian who's name I also forgot (I really have to take notes >_<)
The player is my Dm's brother and he seems like a pretty much stereotypical Barb "Gwar gwar me kills" with some added vocabulary. He is leader of a group of soldiers named the Seven Blades in a small village we started in. Not much is known aside from that

So here's how things went (you'll have to excuse the "holes" in the story in the beginning, I got to my friend's house late cause of my job):
They all started in a small village, the home village of the barbarian. The Warblade was traveling to recruit people to help him with his quest to find the artifact of his country. Noticing the local militia (the Seven Blades) he asked their help in finding the artifact, the Barb said he's join him but he's have to help him before. People went missing in a small crypt near the village and he required the Warblade's help. So the Warblade, the Halfling and the Barb went to this crypt hoping the missing ones were still alive.

While all this was happening, my Beguiler was being hired by a wierd cloaked guy who asked me to go in an *other* village to find some people to help me with an investigation. It's wierd, but Ori is the "let's try it" kind of guy, so he went to that village. Arriving there, he was asked by an old lady to help her, her son had disappeared in the crypt, and it seems she was way too impatient and didn't want to wait after the Barb's group. So, "Let's try it" said Ori :smallwink:. Something bad happened, as anyone would have guessed, I got trapped by 2 Gargoyles and chained against a wall, left to die there with an other, already dead, guy.

The other group found me and the dead guy after having killed the one remaining Gargoyle. We have no idea where the other one went, and we didn't bother finding out, as soon as we found everyone that got lost in there, we got the hell out of there. The combat with the Gargoyle lasted only two rounds, the Warblade was on a roll I've been told, but the little stony bugger managed to hit pretty hard none the less. In short, we were all beat up.

After exiting this crypt was the nice part, villagers calling you a hero, giving you stuff (Gold :smallbiggrin:) and letting you drink like crazy without charging you! Ori went up to the 3 people who saved him and asked them if they planned on moving on, leaving this village, and if they minded if he joined them, they looked like a fun bunch was the reason he gave them. The morning after this, I remembered why I got to this village in the first place, to find people to investigate the murder of 2 priests in an other town, so I told the rest of the group about it, and they decided to follow me until those murders were solved (we didn't want to drive the DM nuts by splitting :P).

We got to Lune d'Eden (the Town's name) in a little lest than 2 days of walking, and as soon as we got there we reported to the guy who hired me. He didn't say much, he seems like a silent kind of guy, he's always playing poker though, so I'm hoping I'll be able to use this to our advantage sometime (so, I really don't know how I can turn this to my advantage, but... hum.. oh look a bird!). An other priest has been killed while I was away, an this was the wierd part, the first 2 priests were priest of Good deities, but now the priest of the god of Destruction and Murder was the victim. That pretty much messed up my theory of *him* killing the other priests -__-. We couldn't do much since the villagers knew as little as we did, and even when talking to higher ups, we couldn't get any new info, so we split in two groups to protect the remaining two priests, one of Elistraee and the other of some Time deity.

The Warblade and me took the church of Elistraee and I managed to learn something nice from the Priest of Elistraee. He said one of the murdered priest said, trough a Speak with Dead spell, that a certain Narassa killed him. He also told me that she's the daughter of one of the mayor, a member of the council. Nice info ^_^ and the night was calm, overall, I was petty happy!

The other group though wasn't as lucky as us. The Barb fell victim of a spell that made him sleep all night and the halfling got charmed, but couldn't remember anything. Next thing we know, the Priest of Time is dead, his skin pulled off of him. Everyone got pretty pissed off with he Barb and Sorcerer, but we caught up with them and managed to calm the situation with the clergy of the deceased priest.

Again something wierd, the priest wasn't in the church where he got murdered, the killer moved him over to the mayor's house. So we went there, and the infamous (well, not really but whatever) Narassa opened to door for us, it's then that I noticed the bloody backpack in the halfling's bag, so I pull him in an alley and ask him what's up with that, he says he doesn't know, we open it, there's a dagger covered in blood and some strips of flesh, from the priest we guessed. I hurry him to throw is bag (and shoes, they were covered in blood too) and leave them in this alley, he lost almost nothing, some torches, flint and steel, little stuff.

Back at the mayor's house, our employer is there and the Warblade only just notice the weapon he's hiding in his sleeves, a kind of blade exactly like Altair's one in Assassin's Creed. That plus the spider web tattoo in his face makes us doubt his motives. Anyways, we join the rest of the people in front of the mayor's house and talk about what we could do. It wasn't a really productive chat, since we ended up with some kind of "Do something guys" from the daughter and fake-Altair, and he asked us to meet in the tavern before supper, he has to talk to us... We were curious tho, about him, and tried to learn stuff about him. We didn't get anything particularly useful, he's from a desert country of nomads and was a slave, people say he helps a lot, but they also say he tries to get influence everywhere and anywhere. Mmhh, fishy.

So! We catch up with him, in the nearby tavern and he says he wants to keep guard with us tonight, which made me and the Warblade really uncomfortable. He's so, not thrust worthy... =/ And we stopped there, right before we went to the temple, after having played a nice game of poker (won't 10gp :D, well the Halfling did...).

Overall: No real loot, but a lot of story (the session was a little over 3h long, so I think we did a lot). Now I'm really worried over what'll happen next night, this altair guy just isn't right, plus I'm sure we'll fall asleep again... Oh I forgot to say, everyone is offering us money if we solve this! Narassa, Altair, the clergy of one of the first 2 murdered priest, it's weird. Or I'm paranoid. Or both.

Nest session's in 2 weeks (next Sunday's the campaign I DM), so I'll update in that much time. Hoping it's a nice read :smallredface:.

warrl
2009-07-07, 11:11 PM
<i>He's so, not thrust worthy.</i>

Sounds thrust worthy to me. With the largest blade any of your characters can thrust into him.

But don't trust him.