PDA

View Full Version : Digger

Frogwarrior
2009-07-08, 10:38 AM
www.diggercomic.com

Why does an awesome comic have to update only twice a week? :smallannoyed:

Drakyn
2009-07-08, 10:47 AM
Because the internet runs on complaining and horniness. Tetchy-slow updates to deliciously awesome webcomics are as large environmentally-friendly turbines for the former. Just by noticing this, you've helped power 4chan for six seconds.

Frogwarrior
2009-07-08, 05:27 PM
Regardless. It's totally awesome and everybody who reads it gets cake.

Schlega
2009-07-09, 11:23 AM
SOMEWHAT MORE DISGRUNTLED ETHEREAL CHANTING!

This is my new favorite comic. And not just for the cake.

Frogwarrior
2009-07-09, 12:22 PM
I know! It grew on me really fast.

It helps that the author got a degree in anthropology, so things like the hyena culture and the various myths are somewhat like what actual people would do/say.

And every time the Shadowchild shows up, I cringe... poor Shadowchild! Especially now. Sweetgrass Voice, you better not corrupt that poor innocent little demonspawn! :smallfurious:

Claudius Maximus
2009-07-09, 01:40 PM
No offense to anybody, but I really like this comic.

Drakyn
2009-07-10, 10:36 AM
I'm very offended. Make it up by rereading the archives again. While eating something delicious and bad for you.

PhantomFox
2009-07-10, 06:52 PM
I just found a new bookmark... :smallbiggrin:

primarch359
2009-07-11, 05:32 AM
Yeah love this comic have been reading it for a while and was just thinking i should make at thread about it

Vampire squash enough said

Frogwarrior
2009-07-14, 12:10 PM
Sweetgrass Voice, you better not corrupt that poor demonspawn! I mean it this time! :smallfurious:

Oh man, I can only imagine the awkward conversations coming after this.

Aptera
2009-07-16, 08:39 AM
SHADOWCHILD ANGRY!

Thats, right Shadowchild kick Sweet Grass Voice back to where she belongs, in an undead god.

Wait, maybe it should stay there.

PhantomFox
2009-07-16, 01:23 PM
Yea for Shadowchild figuring that conclusion out on its own!

primarch359
2009-07-21, 03:58 AM
did shadowchild just east sweetgrass or is that sweet grass trying to deguise himself as shadowchild

and why is digger sleeping au natural

Drakyn
2009-07-21, 10:06 AM
Who knows and because presumably she finds it comfier to sleep with an improvised clothing-blanket than a vest, respectively.

EDIT: And that's discounting the other outcome of the fight, where sweetgrass just books it out of there because it's going badly so far from home.

Aptera
2009-07-21, 01:44 PM
... That was abrupt. I hope we find out quickly.

Drascin
2009-07-22, 11:17 AM
Ah, Digger. I found about this comic some weeks ago, almost fortuitously, and then started reading it a bit. And read. And read. I couldn't tear myself from the screen until I reached the last published comic. And when I did reach it, I went Darth Vader (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BigNo) because I wanted more :smallbiggrin:.

Seriously, this might be one of the most interesting and thought-provoking comics I've ever read. Ed's musings are always such wonderful food for thought. I've been recommending it in pretty much every board I go to, because if there's a comic in the web that deserves recognition, it's this one.

Also, Digger (as in, the character, not the comic) is just plain awesome.

Strawman
2009-07-22, 11:32 AM
I'm still making my way through the archives, but the art and the writing is fantastic so far. Then again, I'm a sucker for any heroic story involving a wombat.

LurkerInPlayground
2009-07-22, 02:27 PM
Wombats are dwarves. Unless we're talking about the magical dwarves from Digger itself.

Nonetheless, it makes for great character humor that Wombats are all conscientious Eagle Scouts that hate anything unreliable; including the capricious Fates, magic and gods. And the latter two might as well be for the agents of the fickle Fate.

The culture shock the Hyenas suffer from this weird rat-prey thing being made their sister-in-law is probably the funniest thing to come out of this. The bafflement is right there in their description of her as an "Earth Rat." It's like a rat. Only not a rat.

Drascin
2009-07-22, 03:26 PM
Wombats are dwarves. Unless we're talking about the magical dwarves from Digger itself.

Dwarves+, actually, because in pretty much every source, the dwarves do use magic, if only of the forged/rune kind and sometimes very sparsely, but they do. Wombats take this "limited magic" attitude and run with it to its conclusion - no magic, just good old fashioned technology.

Also with the usual heavily warrior-y and drunken culture removed, as well.

PhantomFox
2009-07-23, 09:36 AM
Oh my, Shadowchild might have to drop the suffix off that name with his new size. I hope he's all right emotionally. 'Was'. Brr.

Aptera
2009-07-23, 01:49 PM
i really hope that is Shadowchild, and not Sweetgrass voice pretending to be it.

Frogwarrior
2009-07-23, 02:31 PM
I would be really, really surprised if that were the case.
But yeah, it's weird how huge he is.
I'm just wondering how this question will turn out.

PhantomFox
2009-08-20, 02:00 PM
End of Chapter 10. I like this new... evolution of Shadowchild. I'm sure the other shadowlings are going to come into play in the future though.

Hell Puppi
2009-08-20, 02:43 PM
I loves the Digger. Just read through the archives about...a week ago?

I'm thinking of reading through it again because I think I missed some little things by being too engrossed in the story and not paying attention to the art. Plus Ed's stories are really interesting.

MacPuck
2009-08-20, 03:37 PM
Just caught up on the archives not too long ago. I love this comic. She manages to do original, funny, sweet, and sad all at the same time while maintaining awesome art and a consistent schedule.

Zaggab
2009-08-21, 04:06 AM
Sweet, the entire archive is available for free now! I first found this comic a couple of years ago, but then you had to pay to be able to read past the beginning of the troll-riding escape, and I didn't have any money.

This comic is definately one of the better ones out there.