PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Master transfmogrifist

Sliver
2009-07-09, 01:14 AM
Hi all.

I have a player in our group that wants to play a.. you guessed it..
Anyway, after thinking about it and reading online, I told him that polymorph will switch his character sheets with the one he is transforming to, but then there are some problems.
There is a level now that would give nothing to him as a Master Transfmogrifist, the one that gave special abilities. Should I give him something else on that level or keep it that way?
I was thinking that maybe I can homebrew him some feats that would have the same effect (auto-free extend polymorph and such) but I don't know how to make it balanced..
Those were his questions.. But I have some of my own..

If he will gain the mental abilities and if he will transform to a more savage creature, say, in advance before a battle, will he be able to control himself or should I say that he attacks the party?
What about his items? If he takes them off and transforms, the party can put them on for him right? what if he turned into some savage creature? should he attack the party? or does he retain loyalty and still knows its allies even in a different, less inteligent race (say.. if he will dire badger himself) so he won't attack allies mid battle?