PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Welcome New Members Thread 7!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Lilly
2007-06-28, 05:19 PM
Welcome to the seventh incarnation of the popular Welcome thread for new members.

If you are new, feel free to post your greetings and salutations here.

If you are old, feel free to stop by from time to time and welcome the new folks to the playground.

Regardless of your current status, new or old, welcome to the Playground.

(Please do keep non-salutation conversations to a minimum, here, random banter is there for a reason)

Roland St. Jude
2009-07-09, 10:24 AM
Welcome new members! I hope you enjoy the Playground! :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-09, 10:43 AM
Welcome new members! Please follow the rules and have a good time!

If you want to ask any questions, feel free to send a PM.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-07-09, 10:45 AM
Welcome, new members!
Rabbit loves you <3

randman22222
2009-07-09, 11:05 AM
Welcome, new members!
Rabbit loves you <3

Also, you will reciprocate that love, or have to answer to me. :smallannoyed:

...I kid. Welcome. :smalltongue:

Zain
2009-07-09, 05:56 PM
welcome new members, please enjoy your stay in the playground:smallbiggrin:

RTGoodman
2009-07-09, 11:55 PM
Welcome new members! Hope you enjoy your stay!

To help, here's a few important places you might want to check out:

-The Rules (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1): They're the rules. They're important. :smalltongue:
-Board code (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode): Tells you how to do bold, underline, and other important stuff.
-Want a Custom Avatar? Adopt one (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26936) or request one in the official thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33589).
-Setting Up a Custom Avatar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80781): If you want to make your own, see how here.
-Got a simple rules question about a game? Ask in the Simple Q&A Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113648&page=22), or if it's about D&D 4E, in the one specifically for that game (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83321&page=35).
-Interested in homebrew creatures, feats, spells, and other stuff for your favorite games? Post it in the Homebrew section (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)for advice, or check out the various contests to see how your design stacks up!

If you've got any other questions or need help, feel free to PM me or probably any of the other older members that have posted here, and we'd be happy to help you out.

Zeb The Troll
2009-07-10, 01:24 AM
Holy gunsmoke, Batman! A new thread!

*waves to new members*

Icewalker
2009-07-10, 09:17 PM
So far, there are seven posts and no new members!

:smallbiggrin:

So uh...welcome, as yet nonexistent members.

Cryssandra
2009-07-11, 01:56 AM
Welcome New Brethren, to the playground!
I'll always be glad to help, just send me a pm!

Recaiden
2009-07-11, 01:19 PM
Hello Cryssandra. Welcome to the playground. Thank you for all the help.:smalltongue:

Trai
2009-07-11, 07:29 PM
Hi, everybody! I'm Tracy, but everyone calls me Trai, and I go by that :smallsmile: I've been reading Order of the Stick for the past month or so after one of my favorite authors, Carrie Vaughn, plugged it on her blog-- I'm now fully caught up, completely addicted, and a big Haley/Elan fan...

I'm glad to be on this forum with all these lovely people. I hope to get to know you all!

Zain
2009-07-11, 07:36 PM
Hi, everybody! I'm Tracy, but everyone calls me Trai, and I go by that :smallsmile: I've been reading Order of the Stick for the past month or so after one of my favorite authors, Carrie Vaughn, plugged it on her blog-- I'm now fully caught up, completely addicted, and a big Haley/Elan fan...

I'm glad to be on this forum with all these lovely people. I hope to get to know you all!

welcome to the playground trai:smallbiggrin:, if you need help just ask, well just about anyone!:smallbiggrin:

Pika...
2009-07-12, 02:08 AM
Hi. Just thought I'd drop by this thread to follow proper procedure.

Copacetic
2009-07-12, 02:16 AM

Welcome.

There is no procedure.

That is all.

Elm11
2009-07-12, 05:13 AM
Hello and welcome :smallsmile: feel free to RUN IN FEAR!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHa, oh wait, wrong script. AHEM. feel free to pm any of the mods if you have a question, but Wampax is the best option.

Zain
2009-07-12, 11:58 AM

there is none

but thanks anyways

Shining Sadist
2009-07-12, 03:10 PM
I have finally come out of the shadows. First post in any forum anywhere.

L'intrigant
2009-07-12, 03:14 PM
Woot! And we're honored to have it. Stick around for a bit. We're not all raving lunatics.

Zain
2009-07-12, 03:16 PM
Woot! And we're honored to have it. Stick around for a bit. We're not all raving lunatics.
most of us are tho

welcom to the playground

Strifes_Pain
2009-07-13, 02:47 AM
I have finally come out of the shadows. First post in any forum anywhere.

I was all excited that I was going to be the first new member to make an "I'm new" post in the new thread thingy... but I was beaten :(

Hiya ya'll, I r Strife.. a little weird, a little random, formally an avid member of a role playing board (like a D&D game based soley on text, no character stats, and no dice thrown.. it was interesting).

Pardon my excessive use of ellipses, I generally use them to demonstrate a pause on speech and tend to type like I talk :)

Megilhirile
2009-07-13, 10:58 PM
Hey all!

I'm a new forum member; been a long-time fan of OotS, and I've been playing DnD 3.5 for several years now, but I have moved away from my beloved group and thought I'd try some PbP. This forum has the best reputation around, so I thought I'd try it out.

Megil

Rutskarn
2009-07-13, 11:00 PM
Yo-ho-hey-yo newpeoples. Enjoy your stay, toilet's on the right.

Roland St. Jude
2009-07-13, 11:14 PM
Holy gunsmoke, Batman! A new thread!

*waves to new members*

Or is it an old thread? Hmmm...

Welcome new members! And kudos to rtg0922 for the informative post!

Hey all!

I'm a new forum member; been a long-time fan of OotS, and I've been playing DnD 3.5 for several years now, but I have moved away from my beloved group and thought I'd try some PbP. This forum has the best reputation around, so I thought I'd try it out.

Megil

PbP here is fun. I hope you enjoy it.

Zeb The Troll
2009-07-14, 12:55 AM
Or is it an old thread? Hmmm...See, I pondered over what happened there since Lilly still has the first post, dated last year. But then I was still able to find the last thread and it was locked. So I think I know what you've done, but it was fun trying to figure it out.

We can copy whole threads?:smallamused:

Olorin Maia
2009-07-14, 01:23 AM
O my! Roland got a new avatar. Well, I'm new(ish), joined the last day of June. I have not much to do on days I'm not working, so I post a lot then. Thats pretty much it.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2009-07-14, 02:04 PM
Welcome to the playground all! :smallsmile:

Don't fear the reaper, and be careful of those who lure you into a false sense of security.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j139/z-t/NudeDeath.gif:smalltongue:

dudewo
2009-07-14, 03:49 PM
Hello from the land of....Somewhere:smallbiggrin:

Dragonrider
2009-07-14, 06:33 PM
Appropriate venue or not, I must voice my approval: Roland, I ADORE your new avatar. :smallbiggrin: Last winter I made my brother a Jayne hat. It's iconically wonderful.

Death: Don't flash the pixies. :smallannoyed: :smallamused:

Crimmy
2009-07-14, 10:09 PM

Why not?
It's fun to show your "bone" to new flesh.

Hi, newbies.
Remember that if you want your very own personalized avatars, the Arts and Crafts Section has a thread for that.
I'd love to see what I can fix for you.

Once more, be welcome!

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-07-14, 10:17 PM
Y'know, thinking of taking one of the newbies under my wing and showing them the ways of the world, full of brief training montages, but I swear I will never use words like 'padewon' or 'grasshopper'.

afroakuma
2009-07-14, 10:20 PM
The POWER welcomes new members and invites them to drop in to Homebrew. Yes I have a big ego.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2009-07-14, 11:27 PM

Everyone else is fair game eh?:smallamused:

And, um, silly message boards are always fun to drop in to blow of steam, while of course friendly banters always good for a variety of topics. I always stay ahead of international news in my group of friends by reading it, so it's educational as well!:smallwink:

Pandora
2009-07-15, 01:05 PM
Hello everyone! I'm Pandora, I have been reading Oots since it first started, and just now realized there was a board. *facepalm*
Anyways, bear with me. I'm a noob. :smallwink:

A Rainy Knight
2009-07-15, 01:06 PM
Hi Pandora! Welcome to the Playground! :smallsmile:

Don't worry, a lot of people make that mistake. See, if you get down behind that bush over there, and the wind is making that flag blow out, well, you just can't see these boards! :smalltongue:

Pandora
2009-07-15, 01:11 PM
Hi Pandora! Welcome to the Playground! :smallsmile:

Don't worry, a lot of people make that mistake. See, if you get down behind that bush over there, and the wind is making that flag blow out, well, you just can't see these boards! :smalltongue:

Lol I personally think it's because my computer hates me

Pandora
2009-07-15, 01:12 PM
I has a question! Can I plz has answer?
How do you edit your avatar? I made an oots drawing and I want to make it my avvie

A Rainy Knight
2009-07-15, 01:18 PM
Well... if you want to use a custom one, upload it first to a site like Photobucket. Copy its direct link URL. Then, under your User CP near the top of the screen, select "Edit Options" and then put in the direct link in the appropriate box and select Custom Avatar off of the list. All of that is near the bottom.

From the User CP, you can also pick from the default avatars.

Pandora
2009-07-15, 01:48 PM
Thank you!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-15, 01:50 PM
Also, there is a arts & crafts forum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27) with a stickied thread at the top, called: OOTS style (fan-)art or such where you can post it and receive comments and critique.

Gem Flower
2009-07-15, 08:07 PM
Hi and welcome Pandora!:smallbiggrin:

Zipding
2009-07-15, 09:06 PM
Hello!
I am Zipding I literally just joined so hello to all!
Thanks

A Rainy Knight
2009-07-15, 10:48 PM
Heya Zipding. Welcome to the Playground! :smallsmile:

Now, would you prefer a cookie or a fishy stick?

I_<3_DeeDee
2009-07-16, 06:29 PM
Hi. I love the comic, so decided to join.

Hope to get to know your folks.

Nameless
2009-07-16, 06:31 PM
Look DD, you have a fan. xD

A Rainy Knight
2009-07-16, 06:33 PM
Hiya I <3 DeeDee. Welcome to the Playground! :smallsmile:

Yes, it appears that our resident Cookiemonster's reputation has already spread far and wide. How I envy him. :smallamused:

I_<3_DeeDee
2009-07-16, 06:40 PM

Hiya I <3 DeeDee. Welcome to the Playground! :smallsmile:

Yes, it appears that our resident Cookiemonster's reputation has already spread far and wide. How I envy him. :smallamused:

I am sorry. That is not quite the case. XD

An unnatural 20
2009-07-16, 08:38 PM
Hey all- I've been playing D&D for a while. I have two great groups that I play with. We started with Star Wars, then moved onto the Saga Edition before finally settling on D&D 3.5 where we are now. For me, D&D is so much better for extended campaigns.

Anyway- I stumbled on the OotS a few days ago and have had a whirlwind of a good time reading through all of the comics. I can't believe I've never seen it before now. It sucks to have made it all the way to the current comic - I'm having a little withdrawal. No more "I'll just read one more and then go back to work, ok, just one more..." for me.

I've looked through the message boards and I think they will be useful to our group. Glad to be here.

A Rainy Knight
2009-07-16, 08:42 PM
Hey, An Unnatural 20. Love the username. Of course, I have a bit of a thing for punny usernames myself. :smallwink:

Anyways, welcome to the Playground! I hope you have a great time here. :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-17, 02:17 AM
I already have fans.:smallamused: OK, just one, still:smallbiggrin:

Heheh, I certainly wish it were so.

I am sorry. That is not quite the case. XD
No problem, just a unfortunate name choice. Though which DeeDee are you referring to? Just curious....

Also welcome! I'd say go post some in SMBG for lots of random silly fun and post in random banter...for...well..umm...Random banter!

Cobalt
2009-07-17, 07:55 AM
Joined sometime last month(apparently), but memory fails me as to exactly when it was, along with what my motivation was. In any case, I'm here now so...
Yo.

I_<3_DeeDee
2009-07-17, 08:38 AM
No problem, just a unfortunate name choice. Though which DeeDee are you referring to? Just curious....

Also welcome! I'd say go post some in SMBG for lots of random silly fun and post in random banter...for...well..umm...Random banter!

Thanks.

And do you not recognize my avatar?

Crimmy
2009-07-17, 09:08 AM
I do, but it looks a bit too...
uhh, mature. In a PG-13 sense, at least.

Welcome, nontheless, cause here we like people who like Dexter's sister.

Nights1stStar
2009-07-17, 11:31 AM
Greetings. Just started reading OOTS this month, and I've already finished all 669. Without this comic, summer would be even more boring than it already is.

Gem Flower
2009-07-17, 11:32 AM
Hi Nights1stStar! Welcome to GitP Forums!:smallbiggrin:

Angry Rogue
2009-07-17, 01:09 PM
Greetings. Just started reading OOTS this month, and I've already finished all 669. Without this comic, summer would be even more boring than it already is.

Velcome.......Theeere is no escaping now......mwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Seriously, though, welcome!

Bookworm42
2009-07-18, 11:28 AM
Hi guys, I've been reading OOTS for a while now but I finally decided to join the forum. Ummmm, I am a pretty average person, I like reading, video games and webcomics, and I am just glad to be here ^_^.

A Rainy Knight
2009-07-18, 11:42 AM
Hiya Bookworm42. Welcome to the Playground! :smallbiggrin:

Yeah, I like all of those things too. You'll find a lot of people with those interests here.

Bookworm42
2009-07-18, 11:43 AM
I figured ^^;;; everyone here seems nice, so I figured I would give it a try, I am on this forum pretty much every day anyway ^^;;;.

A Rainy Knight
2009-07-18, 12:04 PM
Hee hee. Well, welcome out of the dark cave of lurking. Drop by the Silly Message Board Games sometime, won't you?

Bookworm42
2009-07-18, 12:41 PM
Surely ^_^.

HorakhDragon
2009-07-18, 08:33 PM
Hello Forum Greeters!

My name is Horakh, and I've just finished learning all about the vb Code (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode#basic)!

Right now, I'm having fun trying to get it all right in my first post.
S'pose we'll see what comes up! And I've noticed that there are also some simpler tools to do half of what I've just learned, but I'm unperturbed!

And now I can't wait to get more involved in the GITP Community! Agh, so much to look forward to!

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/images/statusicon/forum_new.gifHorakh

Cryssandra
2009-07-19, 03:06 PM
Heya HorakhDragon welcome to the GitP Forums!

*.*.*.*
2009-07-19, 06:07 PM
Yo! I'm Stardot, I hope to have an enjoyable stay here!

A Rainy Knight
2009-07-19, 06:16 PM
Heya Stardot. Welcome to the Playground! :smallsmile:

Well, that's certainly one of the more unique usernames I've seen around here. :smalltongue:

Cryssandra
2009-07-20, 12:48 AM
Welcome Stardot!
You won't regret joining these wonderful forums!

Crimmy
2009-07-20, 10:12 AM
Stardot, you have one hell of a username.
Welcome!

Blue Ghost
2009-07-20, 12:02 PM
Good morning, Stardot! It will be a pleasure making your acquaintance! Come down to SMBG sometime.

Mr. Mud
2009-07-20, 01:14 PM
Best noobie Username I've seen in a while, Stardot. Welcome.

Phase
2009-07-20, 01:25 PM
Well, *.*.*.*, you've certainly made an impression. Nice to have you aboard.

lvl 1 fighter
2009-07-20, 01:36 PM
Hey all - new guy to the forums here.

I signed up a little while ago but haven't done much. However as I just started my first PbP games, both as a player and DM, I figure I should introduce myself.

I've been playing dnd since high school. My first ADND character was a level 1 wizard that climbed up into a tree and threw rocks at the zombies that were chasing him. I was hooked - it's been my favorite hobby every since.

I'm getting closer to 30 than 20 with my birthdays now and I'm back in college to finish my degree in Philosophy. Spent a few years in the U.S. Army and now I'm livin the dream down here in the South.

My only beef is that nearly all the local gamers have converted to 4e while I'm holding onto my grumpy old edition gamer status. Not too old an edition, I guess, since I'm playing 3.5 here.

That's all. Just wanted to say hello.

ChandraD
2009-07-20, 08:55 PM
Hi All,

I am a total newbie to posting forums, but have been playing RPG's of all diluted sorts (I've never met a GM that didn't tweak the rules to heck and back) for a long time. I was just handed an OOTS book in late June, but now I'm all caught up.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

ChandraD

A Rainy Knight
2009-07-20, 09:08 PM
Hey ChandraD! Welcome to the Playground! :smallsmile:

Now, what'll it be? Cookie? Fishy stick? Perhaps a round at the Silly Message Board Games? The world is your oyster, or at least the forum is your clam. :smalltongue:

Tharione
2009-07-21, 02:34 AM
Hello World!
I am Tharione!
behold my sunglasses wearing smiley and despair!
:smallcool:

Perenelle
2009-07-21, 06:52 PM
Hiya,
I've had an account for about a month but never bothered to use it.... I guess this means I've started using it now.
soo Hi I suppose :)

A Rainy Knight
2009-07-21, 06:55 PM
Heya Tharione and Perenelle! Welcome to the Playground! :smallsmile:

@Tharione: DESPAIR!!! :smalleek:

@Perenelle: Good to see you've risen from the grave of inactivity... should I call a zombie hunter or something now? :smalltongue:

@Lvl 1 fighter: Oh, sorry I missed you before. Welcome! :smallsmile:

Reptar
2009-07-21, 07:34 PM
As a long time reader, I've finally gotten around to creating an account. I was amazed that my username was available.
Anyway, HI

Lupy
2009-07-21, 07:41 PM
Hello Pernelle!

@Reptar: There's a lot of good ones still open.

Mythestopheles
2009-07-21, 08:35 PM
Hello forum members,

I've been a fan of OOTS for a while and have played D&D for a few years. I just realized there is a forum for this sorta stuff! Anyways hello, I hope to enjoy my stay.

ShadowWolf

A Rainy Knight
2009-07-21, 08:37 PM
Hi there ShadowWolf98! Welcome to the Playground! :smallsmile:

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll have a great time here. :smallbiggrin:

Mythestopheles
2009-07-21, 08:39 PM
Thanks a lot!

Perenelle
2009-07-21, 08:40 PM
Hello Lupy! Long time no see! ;)
I wasnt expecting people to actually greet me, what a nice surprise. :smallsmile:

AgentCarmichael
2009-07-22, 01:09 PM
I started reading OOTS and playing D&D at around the same time, 4ish mo. ago. And then I made this account, so that I could commune with the community, as it were.

Tyrfin
2009-07-22, 03:09 PM
Hey Guys.

Just discovered this place.

I'm a long-time gamer (multiple systems) and love OOTS

Derjuin
2009-07-22, 08:15 PM
Hello, GitP forums!

I just found this place a little while back (couldn't have been more than a week...), and have lurked since, absorbing every lovable bit of OotS as I can, but when I saw the PbP threads, I just had to sign up.

For a few years, I enjoyed small-time (usually only 2 players and a DM) playing, but the 2 players eventually decided D&D was not their cup of tea. That was a couple of years ago, but once I found the Playground, it was like something exploded and I just wanted to (role)play again.

Lengthy intro aside...Hello everyone! :smallbiggrin:

Geburrah
2009-07-22, 08:30 PM
Hello guys, new user here. Longtime r.p.g.'er and table top gamer(chainmail through 3.5, shadowrun, rifts, twilight imperium, supremacy, battletech, etc.) been lurkin for a while, figured i'd hit the welcome thread. So what's up guys?

A Rainy Knight
2009-07-22, 09:10 PM
Heya AgentCarmichael, Tyrfin, Derjuin, and Geburrah! Welcome to the Playground! :smallsmile:

Now, cookies for all! :smallbiggrin:

Shadow_Elf
2009-07-22, 09:43 PM
Welcome all newcomers! I hope to see s'more 4e players down at Homebrew and Roleplaying Games!

Also, some necessary advertising:

Vote Up a Campaign Setting: Hourglass of Zihaja (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114138)
Coming Soon(ish) (maybe?) to a forum near you (eventually)!

Zekuto
2009-07-23, 03:50 AM
Hi guys. New user here! I'm long time OoTS reader who has decided to reveal himself as a poster :P

celso
2009-07-24, 06:30 AM
Hello!

first post (woot woot)

Gem Flower
2009-07-24, 02:49 PM
Welcome newcomers! I am sure you will all have an enjoyable stay here on the Playground, pop down to Free form Roleplaying or SMBG sometime!:smallsmile:

Cryssandra
2009-07-24, 04:32 PM
Welcome to the forums Celso, hope you have an enjoyable stay

Eon
2009-07-25, 08:35 PM
heh heh. didn't know a thread for newcomer's existed when I joined. so a delayed "Hi I'm new here!"

Gem Flower
2009-07-26, 10:01 AM
Well, hi there Bandil!:smallbiggrin: Welcome... welcome back, I guess. :smalltongue:

Boddin Niddob
2009-07-26, 03:17 PM
Hello everyone! New user here who was lured in by the amazingly funny Order of the Stick comics.

Xeteh
2009-07-26, 04:26 PM
Hello, decided to make an account after reading all of the OotS comic strips over the last couple days. Its been a while since I laughed so hard.

shazza95
2009-07-26, 09:46 PM
hello and welcome. also, i agree with the laughing so hard.
it amazes me that the story keeps getting better, while still just as funny as the start, instead of becoming boring like it usually does.
sorry, strayed a bit there, anyway, welcome to the gitp forums

RoninFrosty
2009-07-27, 03:38 AM
I'm not "new" per se, but I post rarely enough that if someone were to see my post they'd likely think I was. So hi? :P

MrEdwardNigma
2009-07-27, 06:04 AM
Welcome, Boddin Niddob (boy, am I gonna have a hard time remembering that :smalltongue:), Xeteh, shazza and RoninFrosty!

The OOTS comics are indeed wonderful, but you'll see that the forums are totally worth it too!

Oh, and I do believe I have seen you post somewhere recently, RoninFrosty :smallsmile:

shazza95
2009-07-27, 11:53 PM
good day and hello to any who have just started in giantitp forums!

Zolkabro
2009-07-28, 11:27 AM
I've been following OOTS nearly from the beginning, but I only just found out that there was a forum. I feel kinda silly. Anyways, HELLO!

Order of the Stick is Awesome

Myrsolon
2009-07-28, 01:24 PM
Just poping in to say hello here before I start posting.

TheBibliophile
2009-07-29, 09:51 AM
Despite this happening to me before when I joined the ONM forum, I had no idea there was a hello I'm new thread. Oh well, I'm here now...

Anyway, hi. I'm newish. I like reading (for books, fantasy and SF are my favourite genres; for webcomics, I read OOTS [twas my first webcomic and ruled my life for about a month], anti-Heroes (http://antiheroescomic.com/comic/1), Irregular Webcomic! (http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/1.html), Gunnerkrigg Court (http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=1), Antihero for Hire (http://antiheroforhire.com/d/20030606.html) and Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire (http://www.dominic-deegan.com/view.php?date=2002-05-21), all of which come highly recommended, though some may have profanity or sex in). I also like videogames (Nintendo only!), chess and croquet, and am hoping to get into D&D very soon (next Monday, to be precise.)

So, hi all!

EDIT: Oh, and to live up to my sig, Zolkabro, it's Mr. Scruffy, not Mr. Snuffles. :smalltongue:

Blue Ghost
2009-07-29, 11:18 AM
Good morning to all the newcomers! Welcome to the Playground! This is the friendliest forum on the Web. We'll do our best to make your stay enjoyable.

BlueWizard
2009-07-29, 05:17 PM
Ah! I saw my own ghost!!!

Welcome any new guys and the old.

Check out the Play by Post forum.
I welcome newbies, and will help if interested in learning a new format to play D&D.

I am recruiting here:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119862

Daedalus6174
2009-07-29, 08:30 PM
Hello, I like DnD, and I like OotS, so I decided to join these forums.

:smallsmile:

Also, the link for new users guiding them to the "Hello thread" is outdated. It took me to the "Hello and Welcome New Members Thread 6", which is locked.

Khaeta
2009-07-29, 09:17 PM
Hello and welcome, new member!
*gives survival kit*
Watch out for snakes
*pulls out snakes*
and cookie monsters
*gives cookies*
and rabid 3.5e fans
*gives 4e books and runs away as fast as possible*

nanobot_swarm
2009-07-29, 10:26 PM
I discovered this forum after learning of Snuggles the Death Kitty on TV Tropes
I like this place, so thus, I shall stay.
To celebrate this event, we should all gather in a circle around the camp fire, and sing Kum-Bai-Ya.

L23
2009-07-30, 01:26 PM
Hey, I'm new here. I wanted to get in to some forums and a couple of my friends are on here, so I figured I would check it out. I don't read order of the stick (I plan to start soon), but I do read a lot of other webcomics and stuff. I hope to meet some cool people here and have some fun!

shazza95
2009-07-30, 09:12 PM
welcome to the gitp forums!
we dont kill people.
*cough*

Dracomorph
2009-07-30, 10:38 PM
Hi, I'm new here. I've been posting around a bit already, but I thought it might be polite to stop here and say hi.
I'm a college student who's been playing DnD since high school, and I've been an avid reader of OoTS since I heard about it on the Wizards forums ages ago.

Mr. Mud
2009-07-30, 10:45 PM
Howdy mate :smallbiggrin:
See that? I did british cowboy!

Armonis
2009-07-31, 10:37 PM
Hello, I'm Nate.

An artist of sorts. I've been reading the comic for a few years now, but never had the inclination to post. I am generally on the Fanboys forums instead, though I don't think they really like me.

At any rate, I'm here now. Who knows how much I'll be posting though.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-01, 07:35 AM
Welcome Nate!

I'm sure you'l feel right at home our Arts & Crafts board! We have plenty of variation, from dolls to writings, from fanservice anime' like drawings to Shipping*.

I must recommend SMBG(Scroll down all the way when in the index), where we have lots of silly fun!

Please follow the rules and have fun!
The same goes for all others new people!

V: Did not! That was to make them curious and look it up, and then be drawn into the madness. BWAHAHAHAHAHA! But now you wasted it. >.>

Quincunx
2009-08-01, 08:16 AM
Psst, DD, you forgot to fill in the asterisk.

*'Shipping. Abbreviation of 'Relationship Stories', short fiction involving characters who have given their permission at "Shipping Permissions". Found in Arts & Crafts subforum. It's a hybrid of Silly Message Board Games/Freeform Roleplaying social standards but longer, independent stories instead of collaborative ones.

Johanas
2009-08-02, 12:14 AM
Hey, I'm Dax. Been a forums lurker for a while, just went and actually registered tonight. I'm a Full-Time GM, and a part-time player. I've been reading the Crystal Cantrips thread, and have been inspired to post the game I've been running to share with you all. Only maybe 7-8 sessions in, so I have a bit of catching up to do. I really look forward to seeing you all around!

Emmeline Riddle
2009-08-02, 04:52 PM
Heya! I've become completly obsessed with OotS, V in particular, over the past few weeks reading it, so I thought I'd join up so I can see you guys talking all about it (my actual knowledge of D&D is... *cough* let's just say I get through the comic with my Warhammer :smallredface: so I'm SO enjoying listening to what it's really all about here.)

Thanks for having me :smallsmile:

*gets back to lurking happily*

RyuseiDate
2009-08-03, 08:36 PM
Hey there, Ryusei here, South American (Chilean to be precise) occasional DM, most of the time silly player... ammateur illustrator (artist is a bit too much for me) working my way through my thesis as per I am a Philosophy Teacher.

A friend poked me to get here and well... here I am. ^_^;

Awesomemancer
2009-08-04, 07:03 PM
Hello, friends!

My name is Ryan, I'm a 20 year old intern from Pennsylvania, USA. Been playing D&D since I was a little kid (5 or 6?). Also, Order of the Stick is pretty awesome.

DT777
2009-08-04, 07:45 PM
So. Stumbled across OotS through TvTropes. Read through the entire series in a single sitting. While at work. Twice.

Writer, Video Gamer, Coder. Actually been looking to get into tabletop gaming for a while, just don't know anyone else who's interested in it. Honestly the only reason I bothered registering on the forums was in hopes of joining one of the on-going games.

Normally I just perma-lurk.

Faulty
2009-08-04, 07:46 PM
Hi! Welcome to the forums. Go join some games and have fun. :smallsmile:

Dogmantra
2009-08-04, 07:47 PM
Hello and Welcome New Member (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117748)s 7...

DT777
2009-08-04, 07:53 PM
Hello and Welcome New Member (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117748)s 7...

I should also mention that I'm perpetually tired and lazy. With a nice mix of ADD in there somewhere.

Threads like that tend to...get overlooked when I'm browsing.

Dogmantra
2009-08-04, 07:55 PM
Hello four newbies! Because I am lazy, please utilise the following sentence:

Hello, <your name here>! Nice to have you in the forums, it'll be cool to see you about in <your favourite subforum here>, discussing <topic of favourite subforum>. I hope you'll contribute in <Arts & Crafts/Homebrew/ V's gender OotS>

Icewalker
2009-08-04, 07:57 PM
Yeh. Welcome to the forums! There is quite an active pbp community around, so that's certainly available.

Dogmantra
2009-08-04, 07:57 PM
Yes, but did you see what I did there? I greeted you, whilst providing a handy link! I'm so clever! :smalltongue:

Lappy9000
2009-08-04, 08:05 PM
Pleasure to meet'cha!

If you ever get a wild hair, be sure to check out the Homebrew Design (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15) forum. We're always making up all kinds of crazy creations and always appreciate the critique. You can even make something yourself :smallcool:

Blue Ghost
2009-08-04, 08:07 PM
Come down to Silly Message Board Games, too! It's a great place to chill, and we have a really friendly and vibrant community there.

littlequietguy
2009-08-04, 08:15 PM
Nice to meet you DT777!

You and me have similar usernames I comment.

DT777
2009-08-04, 08:19 PM
Nice to meet you DT777!

You and me have similar usernames I comment.

DT. Dark Templar. Star Craft. Yah that's about as geeky as it gets, so they're pretty close.

harmsc12
2009-08-04, 10:39 PM
Been reading OOTS off and on for a while. Just now got around to taking a look at these here forums.

A Rainy Knight
2009-08-04, 10:43 PM
Hey there harmsc12! Welcome to the Playground! :smallbiggrin:

I hope you have a nice time here. :smallsmile:

Armonis
2009-08-05, 10:14 PM
I...believe that this forum is more serious, verbose and thought-out than most others I have become accustomed to. It may take me time to adjust properly. It's almost unbelievable, but...it's like I've found a mass of intelligent people on the internet.

It's nigh unfathomable, and this is giving me trepidations at the thought of (accidentally or on purpose) posting something tasteless.

On an unrelated note, I should probably be working right now. D:

Urist Ironblood
2009-08-06, 08:48 AM
Hey, Urist Ironblood here, huge Erfworld fan and occasional browser of OotS as well. I realized that this place has a great set of D&D4e threads, and since I'm going to be starting a game with friends soon, I thought I'd get myself a forum account and join. Astute readers will be able to guess my race and class at a glance.

If you have questions about rocketry (esp: history of Soviet rocket development) or software project management, perhaps I can talk your ears off. I can't promise any of it will be helpful but it could give you some valuable perspective (e.g. "don't ask him any more questions!").

Dirk Kris
2009-08-06, 08:51 AM
Welcome, new people! The boards can be silly, fun, serious, or squicky, depending on which sub-forums you browse.

For short stories featuring Playgrounders, Shipping is fun, Silly Message board games are a hoot, Town, ACRO, Metropolis are all great for role-playing, art showcases - it's all here!

Natael
2009-08-06, 09:14 AM
Suppose this is as good a place as any to say hi I'm new, posted a small handful of times, much more of a lurker personally, been doing so for a while now, as well as keeping up with the comic (which I almost feel like I need to read all the way through again so I can remember everything going on).

As is probably near obvious from bothering to join the forum, I'm a fairly frequent role player. Tend to hate class/level based systems, am a big GURPS fan boy, but have a little soft spot for 3.5 D&D for whatever reason, probably more of the war game aspect.

sam4books
2009-08-06, 01:51 PM
I guess I'm gonna hop in and say hello too. Anywho, hi, I'm new and just started reading OOTS (is probably gonna read that Erfworld comic too). Though I never played DnD myself (is afraid to), I have a certain fetish towards anything related to elves, faeries, magic, and goblins for some strange reason. I blame my tendency to grab the nearest fantasy book.

I found this site while browsing the Television Tropes site, and found that OOTS was a trope namer for like....five tropes. Of course I'm gonna google it to find out more. Favorite characters include V (a bit neutral on this guy though lately), Durkon, Haley, Redcloak, Monster in the Darkness, Thog, and last but not least Elan.

Now for more about myself....woooooo. First off, I'm a girl. I'm saying this because on alot of message boards people keep on confusing me for a guy because of my username and possibly the way I type. It's also probably because Sam is sort of a masciline name(I like to be called Sam okay? xD). I am formerly a bookworm, but lately I've been pulled into reading/making webcomics and RPing. I need to read books again. I do art for a living and am currently working on two webcomics whenever I have the time, and I plan on working as a colorist in the long run. I'm in love with monkeys, cookies, and faeries, and recently I've grown to like the color green. I also bake cookies as peace offerings in case something happens.

In fact, free cookies for everyone! That is my present :) *hands out cookies*

smellie_hippie
2009-08-06, 03:13 PM
In fact, free cookies for everyone! That is my present :) *hands out cookies*

Oooooooooh samantha. DD is gonna love you!! :smallbiggrin:

Welcome to the message boards!

sam4books
2009-08-06, 03:15 PM
Thanks! Glad to be here already ^_^

Giddon
2009-08-06, 07:30 PM
Hello there! I'm new to the threads and to the comic. I've only been around the site for a bit but seems like a lot of good RPG going around. Nice to meet you all!

Zenebar
2009-08-06, 10:53 PM
Hello eveyone! I'm new to the forums, and as of this post I am at page 586 of OotS. I play Runescape, and Magic: The Gathering.

saintjiub
2009-08-07, 11:13 PM
Hey there, everybody.

I gather that I'm supposed to post in here judging from the thread title and all. If public schooling is of any use I would be right in this venture.

A Rainy Knight
2009-08-07, 11:18 PM
Hello there, Giddon, Zenebar, and saintjiub! Welcome to the Playground! :smallbiggrin:

I hope you enjoy your stay here. :smallsmile:

Ravamorel
2009-08-08, 07:45 AM
Hi! I'm Ravamorel!

I got introduced to Order of the Stick through TV Tropes, and I signed on to the forums to see what the rest of the fandom was like. I GM'd one campaign (which dissolved) and played a Gnome druid in another (which also dissolved). Pleasure to meet y'all! :smallsmile:

A Rainy Knight
2009-08-08, 09:58 PM
Hey, Ravamorel! Welcome to the Playground! :smallbiggrin:

Pleased to meet you, too! :smallsmile:

zarakstan
2009-08-09, 09:55 AM
Hello! I'm sort-of new I joined about . . . 11 days ago and never really announced myself, but I am here

Balthazaar
2009-08-11, 04:10 AM
Hello there! I've read OOTS for a while now, but I never got around to making a forum account, so here I am! I hope others and I shall engage in many more shenanigans to come. :smalltongue:

Elm11
2009-08-11, 05:52 AM
Hello there! I've read OOTS for a while now, but I never got around to making a forum account, so here I am! I hope others and I shall engage in many more shenanigans to come. :smalltongue:

OH! hello there, and welcome to the dictatorship Playground :smallbiggrin:.

Hope you enjoy it. but do remember, any shenanigans of a rating higher than 3 on the SHENANIGAN-O-METER will be dealt with using lethal force.

Enjoy your stay!

daecrist
2009-08-11, 05:41 PM
Hello OotS forums! I've just started going on an Archive Binge of OotS for the first time last week, but my main reason for coming is that I read on TV Tropes that this was a big hangout for other tropers.

Kira_the_5th
2009-08-11, 09:51 PM
Hi, everyone. I'm Kira_the_5th, and I just remembered that I actually did have an account on this forum, but haven't actually used it. I've been checking out the Homebrew forum for a while, and have stopped lurking to finally join in on some of the more interesting conversations I've found on the site, as well as enter the new PrC contest. Nice to meet all of you!

kabu
2009-08-12, 05:26 PM
Hi there! I'm kabu, I've been reading OOTS for a while but I just decided to create a profile. I like long walks on the beach and reading a good book. I like kittens but I hate puppies.

I just downloaded Inkscape and whipped up this avatar - what do y'all think?

Khaeta
2009-08-12, 10:03 PM
Nice avatar, welcome to the playground! We always need more artists!
Don't worry, we don't bite! (much)

FreddoGoatpants
2009-08-13, 01:54 AM
Hello! Long time reader, new to the boards. Just picked OotS back up a little while ago, currently on #600 and getting myself caught up.

Out of game, I'm a total bard. Studying to be a musician. In game...I guess we'll see!

...and I agree with kabu about kittens. :smallsmile:

Irbis
2009-08-13, 02:58 AM
...did someone said: 'kitten'? :smallconfused:

Oh, and welcome.

Scarlet Tropix
2009-08-13, 06:57 AM
Long time reader, new member.

Big fan of OOtS. Best place for D&D humor on the Internet.
I enjoy talking about just about everything. PM me for a chat about anything at all.

Hugs to all. :3

Volos
2009-08-13, 07:15 PM
I'm Wolfgang and I'm new. Shock. Gasp. Surpise.
You'll be seeing a lot of me around here.

I'm into all forms of roleplaying and I am also a game and simulation programmer. I am currently working on my own custom d20 world. This campain setting will have all new races, gods, and the like... it's been three years in the making, if anyone is interested, we can talk.

Dark-Lord
2009-08-13, 08:14 PM
Hello, or somesuch. I am Dark-Lord, I know it is somewhat tacky but I rather like the ring of it.
I have been DMing for five years now and have been attempting to write a book based on the plot. If anyone would like a sample just give a PM.
I suppose thats that then:smallsmile:

Dogmantra
2009-08-13, 08:19 PM
You're not the Dark Lord, are you? The one I'm pulling an awesome ongoing prank with?

If no, then hello, if yes, hello again!

Also: hello to everyone else! You're in for a treat.

ProfessorWalrus
2009-08-14, 10:41 PM
Hi. I'm Professor Walrus.
From Unforgotten Realms if you didn't know.
Assistant to Timmy the Evil.
Anyway just saying hi.

Elrond
2009-08-15, 12:34 AM
Hello newcomers of this most humble of playgrounds I am elrond one of your friendly neighborhood avatarists feal free to ask me anything and welcome

littlequietguy
2009-08-15, 12:36 AM
Hey Walrus! I to like Unforgotten realms. I think Froogleboy and Hollamer do as well.

Hecktar
2009-08-15, 05:46 AM
Hey, joined about a week or so ago now I think. Been a fan of D&D for a long time... from a distance, never have played in real life since I don't know anyone who's into it. But I want to so badly! Haha.

I got started on forums after playing Baldur's Gate and needing help with something or other and going to their forum, then I was hooked. I started posting on a bunch of branch off forums for guilds, cliques, fansites etc. that formed and one of them happened to have a pbp adventure in a custom world (didn't know they were called pbp games at the time). It was so much fun but after I stopped that one I totally was cut off for a bunch of years, I kept searching for more pbp games, sadly, I suck at google lol. Finally, recently the urge hit me again and I think I typed in 'looking for good DM' or something of the sort and I found this place! Couldn't be happier right now I've gotten into a few games and it's already a lot of fun.

See you guys around. :smallsmile:

Mellifera
2009-08-15, 12:21 PM
Hi all! I've been reading OoTS and occasionally lurking thru the forums for I don't know how long. I decided to finally break down and register and maybe even *gasp* post occasionally too!

Fredthefighter
2009-08-15, 12:44 PM
A big hearty welcome to Hecktar and Mellifera. Have fun.

Here are your playground survival kits. Use them well.

Dragonrider
2009-08-15, 07:51 PM
Velcome, velcome.

Have a cookie or three. :smallbiggrin:

Felixaar
2009-08-16, 12:10 AM
She's a Vampire!

Again!

Or possibly Russian!

Anyhow, welcome to everyone. Feel free to PM me if you wanna chat or want some help with anything.

Reanchi
2009-08-16, 02:36 AM
Hey, I'm Reanchi and I figured this would be a cool place to get some D&D games when I'm not doing anything over at The spoony experiment.

I currently run a 3.5 campaign called foretold heroes on ventrilo, im staring a 3.5 play by post and involved in a 3.5 vent game as an Elf Cleric named Miriel. And I play a Gladiator named Caleb in a 3.5 game on PbP

i also play a bit of Heroes unlimited and Aces and Eights.

Lookign forward to good times here.

And my avatar is me with my WOnka Goggles on, i know people say i look 15 in that, bit im really 20

Flyingfox
2009-08-16, 10:12 AM
Hi, I'm new. I adore d&d and Oots. My favorite character is Vaarsuvius and my d&d character is a gnome druid and a half-elf swashbuckler. I'm also obsessed with bats.:smallbiggrin:

Horst
2009-08-16, 05:15 PM
Hello, I am new to the Giant in the playground forum. I read the whole Oots-story and I really enjoyed the jokes and storyline and foremost the characters. I have never played DnD or any table top games, but I think most of the gags are anyhow clear to me.

Please pardon my blemished English, I'm not a native English speaker and learned it only on a basic level. I appreciate any correction, might it be grammatical or just stylistic advice.:smallsmile:

I am really looking forward to participate in this forum.

Dragonrider
2009-08-16, 06:22 PM
Hello, I am new to the Giant in the playground forum. I read the whole Oots-story and I really enjoyed the jokes and storyline and foremost the characters. I have never played DnD or any table top games, but I think most of the gags are anyhow clear to me.

Please pardon my blemished English, I'm not a native English speaker and learned it only on a basic level. I appreciate any correction, might it be grammatical or just stylistic advice.:smallsmile:

Don't worry about it, Horst...while I am a native English speaker, there are a large number of our fellow forumites who are not, so you're by no means alone. Welcome to the Playground!

Recaiden
2009-08-16, 06:58 PM
bats.

Glad to have you here. Everybody else is welcome too.:smallbiggrin:

Froogleyboy
2009-08-16, 07:05 PM
Hi, I'm new. I adore d&d and Oots. My favorite character is Vaarsuvius and my d&d character is a gnome druid and a half-elf swashbuckler. I'm also obsessed with bats.:smallbiggrin:

me two :) I have a bat house (not a fracking birdhouse) outside my window. And I've adopted a total of 5 bats. I beleave we will get along just fine.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-08-16, 11:36 PM

Not native English speaker? Could have fooled me. :smallbiggrin:

Anyways, welcome! If you feel the need to ask somebody something, go right ahead. Most people here are friendly enough.

Hoyty
2009-08-17, 09:37 AM
Hey all, I stumbled onto OoTS around comic 30 or so and have been reading it ever since. And in my eternal quest to kill time at the end of boring contracts I find myself here now!

Nice to meet ya.

braingamer47
2009-08-17, 10:27 AM
Enjoyed the comic so far, read it all in about a week, been keeping up weekly. Love the gaming advice.

Just signed up.

braingamer47

Horst
2009-08-17, 10:34 AM
Not native English speaker? Could have fooled me. :smallbiggrin:

Anyways, welcome! If you feel the need to ask somebody something, go right ahead. Most people here are friendly enough.

Why, thank you. I indeed have a question. How it is possible to get an avatar beneath my name? :smallredface:I looked it up in the FAQ, which told me to edit it in my profile, but I couldn't find any option like this there. I was pretty sure there would be a thread about it, but all searches for avatar problems led me to the myriad of Avatar Battle Royal thread posts.:smallbiggrin:
Any answer is appreciated.

TrueWastelander
2009-08-18, 12:22 AM
Hi....I'm new!

Maximum Zersk
2009-08-18, 01:10 AM
Hello! I've been reading OotS and the forums for a while now, and I've finally made an account now. I'm having a bit of trouble uploading my Custom Avatar, tho' <grumble...>

I am a Canadian with English as my first language, so I hope my grammar isn't bad.

Oh, and I like kittehs!

EDIT: Never mind, figured out how to upload it. :smallsmile:

Dragonrider
2009-08-18, 11:04 AM
Why, thank you. I indeed have a question. How it is possible to get an avatar beneath my name? :smallredface:I looked it up in the FAQ, which told me to edit it in my profile, but I couldn't find any option like this there. I was pretty sure there would be a thread about it, but all searches for avatar problems led me to the myriad of Avatar Battle Royal thread posts.:smallbiggrin:
Any answer is appreciated.

in the brown bar at the top of the page is "quick links". Click on it and you will get an "Edit options" link. Scroll down to "Miscellaneous Options". There you will find avatar options, wherein you can select "none", "Order of the Stick", or "custom". Order of the Stick avatars are standard ones drawn by the Giant. Custom avatars are 'homemade' like the one I have; you can request one or draw one yourself (there are tutorials in the Arts and Crafts section which will help you learn how to do so).

:smallsmile: hope that helps!

Horst
2009-08-18, 12:40 PM
in the brown bar at the top of the page is "quick links". Click on it and you will get an "Edit options" link. Scroll down to "Miscellaneous Options". There you will find avatar options, wherein you can select "none", "Order of the Stick", or "custom". Order of the Stick avatars are standard ones drawn by the Giant. Custom avatars are 'homemade' like the one I have; you can request one or draw one yourself (there are tutorials in the Arts and Crafts section which will help you learn how to do so).

:smallsmile: hope that helps!

Argh, how could I not have seen this?:smallannoyed:

I thank you very much for your help. :smallsmile: You get one appreciation.

boj0
2009-08-19, 08:17 AM
Hello people of this forum
so I technically started this account about 2+ years ago, but I just activated it this morning, I could possibly be the oldest newb around. :smallsmile:

Khaeta
2009-08-19, 11:59 AM
Nice, Alex :smallwink:. Well, hello and welcome new member. Here is your survival kit
*gives survival kit*
and your cookie supply
*gives cookies*
and your bob-omb
*gives lit bob-omb, runs away*

Zogtastic
2009-08-19, 12:33 PM
Hey, all. Long time reader. New to the forum. The OOTS hiatus has been causing some withdrawal so I decided to join the forum to get my fix. Huge fan of RPGs and am currently taking my first babysteps in the DM seat.

Draquenoire
2009-08-20, 08:53 PM
Hello everyone. I finally finished catching up on OOTS after a few months of personal exploration.. or something. I definitely wasn't being lazy. Figured I might as well join the boards I have nothing else to do tonight.

Megafire
2009-08-21, 11:32 AM
Hello, I take it my name's pretty apparent.

I've been following OotS for a little while now, and it's still awesome, so I can't wait for it to continue at the end of August.

Gem Flower
2009-08-21, 12:05 PM
Welcome, one and all, to the Playground! :smallbiggrin:

EnrgeticPenguin
2009-08-21, 10:44 PM
Hi, I'm a Penguin.

Dragon queen
2009-08-22, 11:00 AM
Hello I am Dragon queen and I am the sister of Gamerkid.

jclark
2009-08-23, 08:09 PM
Hi, I'm Jason.

snowboundmage
2009-08-24, 09:03 PM
Hello, the next poster is gay

Red_Ape
2009-08-24, 09:04 PM
Hi, I am new here. Yarram told me to join. So i did, being the muppet that I am. I am actually Yarram's pet monkey. He is sitting next to me right now as we speak. I had a B***H of a time passing through the registration process as I couldn't read as I am a monkey. So Yarram read it for me, and even with his superior intelect he could not pass the damned no spam process, as the numbers on the captcha were WAYYY to hard to read. So you can imagine in my monkey brain, how hard it was for me. This website should be more monkey-friendly. Good day.

PS. Bannana's for the win

Limerence
2009-08-24, 09:22 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm Limmy.

Grey Knight and I are friends and met on the Ninja Burger forums.

I hope to have a great time while on here!

Sandman XI
2009-08-25, 04:53 AM
Aloha. Long time reader, first time poster. Yadda yadda. :P

Limerence
2009-08-25, 02:53 PM
Hi there, Mr. Sandman!

Welcome to the forums.

Remember to read the rules and please enjoy your stay here!

Flarowon
2009-08-26, 12:08 PM
Hello! I am new! This is my second post. Any tips for me?

Grey Knight
2009-08-27, 03:23 AM
Hello! I am new! This is my second post. Any tips for me?

Beware of falling adventurers? :smallwink:

TrueShot
2009-08-27, 12:38 PM
Hey, I'm new and just wanted to say hi. I just started reading Oots and love it. I like walks on the beach and putting arrows through people's Faces/Eyes. :)

Marcsin
2009-08-27, 03:41 PM
Greetings all.
Been reading OotS off and on for a year or two. Started reading/checking it regularly first thing in the morning at work 6 months or so ago, which lead to lurking on the boards. Leading to the other webcomics forum to start reading questionable content (read those archives in a weekend) to darths & droids and yet another fantasy gamer comic. Been lurking the past few weeks over at the pbp boards and figured I'd better start an account if I wanted to join one eventually...

I had played 3/3.5 back when they first came out in '00 but stopped d&ding in '05 or so until last year when I started playing in a 4e group (until this summer when RL caused me to step away from that group too) I don't mind either system, although imho 3.5 can get a little crazy w/ overly multiclassing (to each his own tho :smallbiggrin: )

kybarsfang
2009-08-28, 04:10 AM
Heya! Long time reader, first time poster. (Like no one's ever read that one before.)

I'm a big fan of the comic and look forward to seeing what The Giant has in store for us next!

Yarram
2009-08-28, 06:41 AM
Welcome newbz!

Barlen
2009-08-28, 08:29 AM
Greetings all, I just thought I would login and say hi and check if my avatar was working.

and see if I knew how to post a spoiler

Imposter
2009-08-28, 08:51 PM
Hi, I'm new. Been reading the comic for a while, so I decided to get an account.

Crossblade
2009-08-29, 02:47 PM
Lot time reader of the comic, started reading the forums when the DnD forum went down. Created an account here because the new DnD forums are an eye sore!

I prefer 3.5 to 4.0, never played 4e, don't plan to. I'm currently DM'ing a solo game for my GF, haven't played in a group since university (3 years ago!), wouldn't mind finding a new group in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada. Possibly even a Star Wars Saga game, who knows. Might get invited to a Paranoia game, though I don't know how to play that (and apparently I'm not supposed to know).
I don't usually talk/type in sentence fragments & so poorly constructed sentences like these ones.

I'm a fan of skill monkeys/rogues but not PK'ing. I only own 11 books, but have a few PDF's. I tend to stick to Core for when I DM for NPCs, but don't mind if PCs go into other things, I had NPCs doing Save or Die vs the PCs, but don't care if the PCs do it. :p
I ramble a bit from time to time (like now), so I suppose I'll end it here and go post else wheres.

Edit: And I can't figure out how to make a decent Avatar by myself [with Paint], so I'll just use my standard Avatar I use every wheres else. lol

Dragonrider
2009-08-29, 03:42 PM
Greetings all, I just thought I would login and say hi and check if my avatar was working.

and see if I knew how to post a spoiler

I likes the cat in the box. Welcome!

Viridis
2009-08-29, 05:34 PM
Hello! I've been lurking and reading and figured it was time to actually join in. In a few weeks I start my first D&D game (4th Ed) ever, though I've RP'd a variety of other games over the past few years. I love OOTS, and always look forward to new comics.

Anyway, blah blah blah, hi!:smallbiggrin:

Cobra_Ikari
2009-08-29, 05:39 PM
Hey! *hugs*

Welcome! Hope you have lots of fun here! ^_^

Dogmantra
2009-08-29, 06:23 PM
Edit: And I can't figure out how to make a decent Avatar by myself [with Paint], so I'll just use my standard Avatar I use every wheres else. lol

You could always commission an artist (like myself, if you have bad avatar taste and an infatuation with long delays) to make one for you over in the stickied thread in Arts & Crafts.

Anyway, welcome all newbies!

Falgorn
2009-08-29, 06:47 PM
Hello! I've been lurking and reading and figured it was time to actually join in. In a few weeks I start my first D&D game (4th Ed) ever, though I've RP'd a variety of other games over the past few years. I love OOTS, and always look forward to new comics.

Anyway, blah blah blah, hi!:smallbiggrin:

Welcome, new person! I hope to see a lot of enthusiasam (whatever) from you while you're here! :smallbiggrin:

Crossblade
2009-08-29, 07:41 PM
You could always commission an artist (like myself, if you have bad avatar taste and an infatuation with long delays) to make one for you over in the stickied thread in Arts & Crafts.

Anyway, welcome all newbies!

Well I made one in paint, but I couldn't get the background to agree with the forum. (Plus it was ugly, so toss up between I'm bad at the style and I'm picky with myself)

Proof:
http://i25.tinypic.com/v8eouf.jpg
Probably doesn't help that I saved over the original pic with white background. :smalltongue: And saving as a JPEG probably didn't help anything while using Paint. lol
Of course, even besides, that... it's ugly and I don't like it. :smalltongue:
I don't really know what I want, I just wanted to try my hand at it.

Tiger Duck
2009-08-29, 07:43 PM
Welcome to all the new pixies.

El Zombi
2009-08-29, 08:00 PM
Hello! I am glad to have finally joined the forum after years of just reading the comics.

Delorges
2009-08-30, 02:26 PM
Hi there!
Finally decided to join, have been reading the forums for a while now - and the comic as well of course! Nice to be here now, I'm ready to join the fun. :smile:

Quincunx
2009-08-30, 04:06 PM
Well I made one in paint, but I couldn't get the background to agree with the forum. (Plus it was ugly, so toss up between I'm bad at the style and I'm picky with myself)

Proof:
http://i25.tinypic.com/v8eouf.jpg
Probably doesn't help that I saved over the original pic with white background. :smalltongue: And saving as a JPEG probably didn't help anything while using Paint. lol
Of course, even besides, that... it's ugly and I don't like it. :smalltongue:
I don't really know what I want, I just wanted to try my hand at it.

One of us. . .One of us. . .One of us. . .Proud Paint user also, here!

Yeah, .jpg doesn't flatter Paintatars. If you want to polish it, follow the tips in That Lanky Bugger's guide here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33471), although most people will tell you that your avatars will look better, faster, if you switch to the free vector-based drawing program Inkscape (for which there are also OotS tutorials, which its proponents can link by themselves :P ). What you've got there looks good and proportionate enough that just following the tutorial's tips for resizing and saving will polish the finished product.

bueagle
2009-08-31, 11:57 AM
Hi! I finally decided to join the forum after just reading the comics for awhile. :smallsmile:

Akumaryuu
2009-08-31, 08:15 PM
Hi guys! I was reading the Useless Magic Item thread and i wanted to post some idea of mine, but the topic was dead. At least i laughted a lot about every single magic item out there. Well, i'm gonna have fun to read Order of stick and some posts on the forum. (Sorry for the bad english)

Crossblade
2009-09-01, 01:18 AM
One of us. . .One of us. . .One of us. . .Proud Paint user also, here!

What you've got there looks good and proportionate enough that just following the tutorial's tips for resizing and saving will polish the finished product.

Ah, but the resizing and saving is the key thing. :P
I hate downloading new stuff, like the Irfanview mentioned. Always slightly paranoid about viruses or having to pay for stuff. I'm trying the better proportions now though. :smallsmile:

TKXapathy
2009-09-01, 04:22 AM
Hey all! My first post here, nice to see you :smallsmile:

(but then again, isn't that what all new members say? I need to get original...)

Flarowon
2009-09-01, 11:23 AM
OOTS is awesomeness. Also, could any veteran members tell me what it means when a thread says 'sticky' next to it?:smallconfused:

Haremmaster
2009-09-02, 08:12 PM
Hey, I'm a new member here. I was told by a few of my friends (Righty and CMOTDibbler) told me this is a great forum to be on. I certainly hope I don't scare off any of the other newbies.:smallamused:

The Librarian
2009-09-02, 08:19 PM
Well looks who finally showed up. Great to finally have you here man.

Lifeson
2009-09-02, 11:03 PM
Hey guys! So, I kind of joined 'cuz an RP moved online. (Definitely my fault for moving on to University. :P) And stuff.

Oh, and forum communities are nice.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-09-02, 11:04 PM
Welcome! *hugs*

Don't worry, we don't bite. >.>

Dragonrider
2009-09-02, 11:07 PM
Hey guys! So, I kind of joined 'cuz an RP moved online. (Definitely my fault for moving on to University. :P) And stuff.

Oh, and forum communities are nice.

Welcome!

Just a warning, though: animated avvies aren't allowed anymore. :smalltongue:

rakkoon
2009-09-03, 09:04 AM
OOTS is awesomeness. Also, could any veteran members tell me what it means when a thread says 'sticky' next to it?:smallconfused:

Sticky means it will stay at the top of the page, even if nobody posted in it for a while. Only the big boss (wo)men can sticky a thread.

And welcome!

Flarowon
2009-09-03, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the help, Rakkoon.:smallbiggrin:

Bellepheron
2009-09-03, 06:13 PM
Hello Hello!

I thought I´d stop by and see what´s going on here :)

Loving the OOTS comic, first time I read it (many months ago) I went from #1 to 100 and was hooked right away!

Bit about myself: Im from holland, I write poetry and stories and like to read.

Mmmm, what else? Indeed.

Well I suppose it's nice to be here :)

See you guys around!

Cobra_Ikari
2009-09-03, 06:19 PM
*hugs*...welcome! =D

I totally thought you were Bellerophon for a sec there. >.<

Bellepheron
2009-09-03, 06:21 PM
*accepts hugs*

Aye, I get that alot. It is the correct name, but I adapted it!

Peaches!
2009-09-03, 11:31 PM
Top of the Mornin' gents!
I, as you can clearly read, am Peaches.
I play 3.5 mainly, but I'll play whatever my gaming buddies bring along.
I have 7 Armies for Warhammer 40k/FB.
And i play MTG.
I'm sure I'll enjoy my time here with you all.

FullbladedDox
2009-09-04, 01:11 AM
Um... I guess "Hi"s are in order... I've been Lurking Above topics for a while now and decided that I should have an account... Yeah?

Phlegethon
2009-09-04, 10:55 PM
Hello everyone, another new member here! I've been reading (and greatly enjoying!) the comic for a while, but I've not set foot (...key?) in the forums before. I figure it's about time I at least stick my head in!

So. Howdy. :smallsmile:

Dashwood
2009-09-05, 08:55 AM
They said to post here first...So I did! Hey everyone!

Mordokai
2009-09-05, 09:03 AM
Gut efening to the new people. Please, enjoy the hospitality the Playground has to offer and don't mind if some of the residens seem a tad... weird. We are, mostly, nice people.

If somebody wants to drink your blood or harvest your organs, you've most likely found yourself in the SMBG neighborhood. Remember, don't panic and everything will end well... most of the times.

Above all, have fun.

*dissapears in the puff of white smoke*

Nomrom
2009-09-05, 10:20 AM
Hey, everybody. So, I'm not really new, though I'm not sure if anyone here remembers me. I used to post fairly regularly, but I've been on a church mission for the last two years, and I haven't been able to participate in the forums. But I'm home now, and I'll be showing my face around more. At least I will when I catch up on 2 years of Order of the Stick.

The Neoclassic
2009-09-05, 10:22 AM
Hey, everybody. So, I'm not really new, though I'm not sure if anyone here remembers me. I used to post fairly regularly, but I've been on a church mission for the last two years, and I haven't been able to participate in the forums. But I'm home now, and I'll be showing my face around more. At least I will when I catch up on 2 years of Order of the Stick.

Welcome back, Nomrom! :smallsmile:

mikej
2009-09-05, 10:58 AM
wow, can't believe I missed this thread for soo long. well it's mikej, my old prefered username from other forums.

ThePhantasm
2009-09-06, 06:30 PM
Hello! I have been a reader since the siege of Azure City began. I've browsed the forums on many an occasion, but have only just now joined.

Navi_halfbeast
2009-09-06, 10:12 PM
Hi, I've been a long time reader of this comic and DnD player. I hope to become a quiet, yet functioning member of the Gitp forums. ^^

Samm
2009-09-07, 04:21 AM
Hi Everyone I'm a new guy here. I've come here to play DnD and read the comics.:smallsmile:

Cobra_Ikari
2009-09-07, 12:04 PM
Welcome, everyone! *snuggles all around* ^_^

Hi, I've been a long time reader of this comic and DnD player. I hope to become a quiet, yet functioning member of the Gitp forums. ^^

...quiet? Why quiet? Loud is so much more fun! =D

ori_natic
2009-09-07, 07:38 PM
Hello. I'm just stopping by to say "hi."

So... Hi.

Devixer
2009-09-07, 10:57 PM
Hello to you from a new member.

And that greetings goes to everyone else as well.

Dragonrider
2009-09-07, 11:59 PM
Welcome home, pixies!

Seriously.

Playground=home.

It's amazing.

PJ the Epic
2009-09-08, 05:48 PM
Well, this is new (for me).

Any-hoo, yay oots!:smallsmile:

Jay Mindbinder
2009-09-08, 08:29 PM
Lurked for the OOTS, signed up for the forums. :smallbiggrin:

Long time lurker finally deciding to make an account and start posting things.

Spooky
2009-09-08, 09:11 PM
Howdy everyone, 'nother new lurker signing up. I'll try to be good here. http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn187/spooky316/Smileys/emot-keke.gif

Cobra_Ikari
2009-09-08, 09:16 PM
Welcome, everyone! Don't worry, we don't bite! =3

*hugs all around*

Howdy everyone, 'nother new lurker signing up. I'll try to be good here. http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn187/spooky316/Smileys/emot-keke.gif

I find your avvie adorable. *extra snuggle*

Spooky
2009-09-08, 09:39 PM
I find your avvie adorable. *extra snuggle*
Yep, it's peachy keen! :smallbiggrin:

Froogleyboy
2009-09-08, 09:58 PM
Yep, it's peachy keen! :smallbiggrin:

Hello and welcome to the playground, I'm Froogleyboy

Spooky
2009-09-08, 10:25 PM
Hello and welcome to the playground, I'm Froogleyboy