PDA

View Full Version : Dragonmarks

Aron Times
2009-07-09, 02:41 PM
The Compendium was updated two days ago, which gave me my first look at dragonmarks. I really like how they implemented them in 4E; they basically improve your character's powers that are related to the dragonmark. Also, they let your character perform rituals associated with the dragonmark.

My favorite, the Mark of Passage, is much more powerful and versatile than its 3.5 counterpart. It lets you perform travel-related rituals, and whenever you teleport or shift, you teleport or shift an extra square. Very nice.

The paragon path is awesome, too. The Orien Swiftblade paragon path takes the mobility-related powers of the Mark of Passage to the next level. The best part is that it uses either strength or intelligence, but not both, so it's available to characters who only have a high strength or a high intelligence.

The nice part about dragonmarks and their paragon paths is that they aren't broken (yet). Battle Captain is still the most powerful path for tactical warlords like my Argent, but Orien Swiftblade would let him flash step into battle.

Now that's awesome.