PDA

View Full Version : {Bleach} plot hooks suggestions Urgent!

ScIaDrd
2009-07-09, 03:57 PM
Hello fellow playgrounders:smallsmile:
As you surely guess from the title, im in a dired need for some idea.
I can kitbash some halfbaked ideas for a high fantasy game, but , somehow not for Bleach game even if my life depended on it. :smalleek:
So please let me know seme ideas of yours:smallredface:
I´ve got some ideas of my own, but i´m not sure how good they are, or how to eleborate on them, for that matter, and would like some feedback
First off.

The Closed Circle scenario
The character has some freak accident, on a routine patrol expedition and when comming to her senses, she finds that she is in some, lagre building such as a high school wchich is curently besieged by a large swarm of Hollows and that she has no meabs of escape. She has to go undercover, and avoid detection (possibly in a fake human body, you know the thing, so no sword) and now she finds that the ordinanary people are plotting something agaist her, or there are hidden caches of the anti spirt metal suff
or that wierd guy around thre has a wierd energy signature etc.

The Amnesiac Princess
The character finds a, noble looking and cute girl with no memory who she is or how she got wherever she is (yay for little girls with memory loss.. the clueless DM´s friend :smalltongue:) The player decides to keep her, and when o n the way home they are atteacked by assassins (posibly half hollow, or Bount or some other wierdos, or the player´s superiors are suprisingly friendly or hostile to the gal, and , of course extremly secretive about her.

So how do you like these? How would develop them?
And please I would love to hear some of your own plot ideas :smallcool:

F.H. Zebedee
2009-07-09, 06:03 PM
Hmmm... Not sure on the second one, but the first idea has really great roots. What's the deal? Disenfranchised Quincies that secretly run that area of town, out to destroy Shinigami? A depowered Shinigami hiding in a gigai of their own with nothing left to lose, out to create a "Sekiseki (is that the stone's name?) Dirty Bomb" and annihilate a huge swath of soul society? I like that hook, a lot.

The second one... Just runs too close to Bleach's themes. They've had memory loss be key points in two films now, so anybody Bleach savvy will get suspicious. If you manage to spin it, though, it's a good hook. Play with their expectations, and lead it in a direction Bleach hasn't gone.

My personal plot hook I've got planned for my game when I run it? (my group's been on hiatus for two years or so, and we're resuming with a fantasy campaign first)

I had accidents mysteriously occuring en masse around a certain area, with high death tolls. Upon investigating/watching for these events, they'd notice no hollows, despite the feeling that there were powerful hollows in the region.

After one or two events of "Save the clueless NPCs" (apartment building fires, massive automotive crashes, etc.), they spot green robed figures at the scene. The figures lop some souls apart and flee the scene.

The deal? A group of Shinigami has heard lore of Shinigami losing their minds and becoming hollows, and of Hollows gaining Shinigami powers. Now, they're trying to bridge the gap by being trained Shinigami with powers, but living like Hollows, consuming souls and whatever Shinigami/Quiny they can bring down.

Due to this more natural approach, they're slowly mutating into a halfway point between the two.

There's the idea, do with it what you want. I plan on their scheme revealed as being "Luring strong enough victims to their lair to trigger their final mutations", so they then try to kill and devour the PCs, but there's other options, too.

erikun
2009-07-09, 06:13 PM
I'm not sure about your games, but assuming that the player will do X is usually a way to guarantee that said player does everything but X. :smalltongue: In the first example, what if the player immediately leaves the school? What if they take the little girl to the hospital in the second example?

If you're looking for something short-term, I generally prefer a simple beginning with a more complex story behind it. For example, a hollow is attacking people in a specific area. Whenever the characters destroy it, it re-forms before their eyes, then dashes off. The characters then need to learn about the location, determine what the hollow actually is, and what needs to be done to release it - all while getting attacks by a regenerating enemy at the worst possible times. :smallamused:

Not the most original, but it should keep them entertained for a bit - and could lead into something involving a BBEG, if you wanted.