PDA

View Full Version : Old Feet, New Feat

jdrich
2005-11-14, 04:39 PM
Know Thyself

Benefit:

Three times per day plus your Wisdom modifier, your character knows the result of any one skill roll that he or she would not ordinarily have knowledge of, such as a failed Search or Listen check. You do not obtain knowledge of things that you could not detect (such as hidden traps or treasure, or a stalking foe), but you know that if something was there, you would not have detected it.

Special:

You must declare use of this feat before you roll your skill check, and must be actively using a skill to know the outcome of the roll (passive spot and listen checks cannot be affected by this feat).

[hr]

Thoughts? Comments? Opinions?

Seerow
2005-11-14, 04:40 PM
I was expecting the title to be a clever pun and this feat to be about big feet, hairy feet, or increased movement...

Gamebird
2005-11-14, 05:29 PM
Works for me, but I would limit it to 'a number of times per day equal to your Wisdom modifier' and then give it a prereq of WIS 12. I would also alter the description so that you only know the result of the roll, not whether it succeeded or failed.

So like if you were doing a "find the trap", you'd know that your result was a 28, say, but you wouldn't know if the DC had been 25 or 30. So you don't know if you succeeded or failed, but you do know that you rolled pretty good.

jdrich
2005-11-14, 05:39 PM
Pedological Boon

Prerequisite:

Con 11+, Halfling or Half-orc.

Benefit:

Your feet are especially large and hairy, allowing you to stand stronger against the effects of slippery surfaces. You treat lightly slippery surfaces as though they were regular surfaces, and severely slippery surfaces as though they were only lightly slippery.

Special:

You are no longer flat-footed when balancing on slippery surfaces.

[hr]

Big Feet

You have huge feet!

Benefit:

You gain a +1 bonus on Balance, Climb, Jump, and Swim checks, and a +2 bonus against any Bull Rush attempts.

Drawback:

You take a -2 penalty on Disguise, Move Silently, and Tumble checks.

Roleplaying Ideas

Big Feet!

coredump
2005-11-14, 05:43 PM
I would change it to once per day. Think about it, how many times do you really need to know if you passed/failed a roll?

Besides that, I am not sure how this works. Doesn't it kind of give things away?

I would change it to a version of 'Lucky'

Sense Surroundings:

(Wis modifier+1) times per day, you can spend extra effort sensing your surroundings. This allows you to roll your listen/spot/search/etc. check twice, and keep the highest one.
You may use this feat even if your roll is a reaction or free action.

Besides, many times it is important, you will be taking 20 anyway.

Umael
2005-11-14, 11:19 PM
Jonathan, could you do a Feat write up for those PCs with stinky feet.

Somehow, a thread about feats of feet just doesn't seem right without stinky feet being mentioned.

Mephibosheth
2005-11-15, 12:09 AM
How 'bout this...

Repelling Stench

Whew...Your feet stink!
Prerequisites: Con 12+
Benefit: As a full round action that provokes an attack of opportunity, you remove your shoes/boots unleash the odor of your feet on the unsuspecting world. The stench of your feat emanates in a five-foot radius surrounding you, and any humanoid opponents must make a Will save (DC 10 + your constitution modifier) to move into base contact with you. Any opponents that are adjacent to you when you remove your shoes must make a Fortitude save (DC 15 + you constitution modifier) or be sickened for 1 round. This feat is not usable if your feet have been washed at any point during the previous day.

Hope that's kinda what you guy's were looking for.

Mephibosheth

Spuddly
2005-11-15, 12:18 AM
This feat is not usable if your feet have been immersed in water at any point during the previous day.

Wet feet stink far more than dry feet, especially when you're adventuring in the wilderness and living in your boots.

Seerow
2005-11-15, 10:25 AM
Jonathon, Mephibosheth, I declare you winners of the topic (even though Jonathon was the topic creator... *shrug* he wins his own topic)

Bierhoff
2005-11-15, 10:51 AM
It's true you NEVER want to leave your feet in wet boots (although the whole trench foot thing adds to that... realy there should be penalties to PCs whole don't remember to dry off their boots after a good soaking, but I digress) Wearing sandles on the other hand should negate this feat as the feet are constantly being aired out. I wonder if you could have something where you flick your shoes off, perhaps like a thrown weapon. Combined with the stinky feet feat it could make for a formidable opening.

Mephibosheth
2005-11-15, 11:51 AM
Since, Repelling Stench seems to be such a hit, I've taken Bierhoff's suggestion and created a new weapon to use in conjunction with the feet...er...feat. Behold! The Razor Slip-On!

New Exotic Weapon – Razor Slip-Ons

http://www.planet-sports.de/images/products/m_classic%20slip-on1.jpg

Razor Slip-Ons appear very similar to the above shoe, but with a razor blade protruding 1 inch from the sole all the way around the shoe. No true Razor Slip-Ons wielder would ever wield them in conjunction with socks.

Light Exotic Weapon
Damage: 1d4 slashing
Critical: 19-20 / x2
Range Increment: 10 feet
Special: Razor Slip-Ons can be flicked from the feat as a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. Additionally, when wielding Razor Slip-Ons without the Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Razor Slip-Ons) feat, the wearer takes a 5 foot penalty to their movement and a -1 penalty on tumble, jump, and balance checks. The use of Razor Slip-Ons as a ranged weapon counts as removing the shoes for the purposes of the Repelling Stench feat.

Enjoy!

Mephibosheth

FlashFire
2005-11-15, 01:41 PM
In actually getting to the original topic of this thread, I would say that a prerequisite to this feat is that the character must be at least middle-aged. After all - knowing yourself is sort of a "not-so-young-anymore" ability. Not to say that youth don't know themselves, but I think a middle-aged thing would be best, at least for flavor.

Democratus
2005-11-15, 01:49 PM
Since, Repelling Stench seems to be such a hit, I've taken Bierhoff's suggestion and created a new weapon to use in conjunction with the feet...er...feat. Behold! The Razor Slip-On!

Would the cursed version of this item be The Cruel Shoes? ;)