PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt Waste Gish help (The Sandman?)

Demons_eye
2009-07-09, 10:09 PM
I wanted help with a Gestalt Waste Gish, A master of the sand so to speak. He's not for any game I am in right now, so any books or source for this build would be ok.

The build I got going now looks like

Human:
Wizard 7/Sand Shaper10/Wizard 3//Sword Sage10/Jade Phoenix 10

With sword sage I would ask the DM if I could use Sand (earth) instead of fire for Desert wind. Then use the meta magic sub energy Sand (earth) for spells like fireball or lighting.

Any thing I am missing such as a good race for this? Maybe A better PrC then Sand Shaper? I have never made a Gish and barely understand the concept because of the action economy thing,

lsfreak
2009-07-09, 10:20 PM
Well, there is no Energy Sub (earth) because there is no such things as "earth" damage. Unless you turn it into bludgeoning damage, changing energy resistance/immunity to DR.

Also, gish usually use their spells to buff themselves for melee, and have some kind of way of actually combining spells with melee in order to get over the action economy problems. Duskblades can full-attack and cast a spell in the same action, jade phoenix mages can burn slots to boost melee or use melee to apply metamagic to their next spells, and so on.

HamHam
2009-07-09, 10:22 PM
Of the Sandstorm races, Asheratis get some cool special abilities, and Bhukas get -2 Str/+2 Dex which seems decent for a Wizard/Swordsage. The sub-races are pretty worthless unless desert survival is something you need to worry about.

Is Jade Phoenix Mage a usable class or does that count as a dual progression class?

Gaiyamato
2009-07-09, 10:22 PM
What level is it for?
I'll give it a shot and you can pick the bones of my creation.

Would your DM allow 3.5 Dark Sun as a potential source?

Demons_eye
2009-07-09, 10:32 PM
Well, there is no Energy Sub (earth) because there is no such things as "earth" damage. Unless you turn it into bludgeoning damage, changing energy resistance/immunity to DR.

Your right. I remembered the Energy Substitution feat wrong. That throws a wrench in the build.

As for level I am not playing a game with this guy at the moment so any level (thus a build) and any book.