PDA

View Full Version : Book square root -1 (RICH BURLEW DO NOT READ)

Nathan W
2009-07-09, 10:19 PM
I was wondering if there was going to be a book i Dragon Magazine chronicles, and if so, what would it be like?

Itamarcu
2009-07-09, 10:36 PM
I don't think there's gonna be one, and why did you name the thread "RICH BURLEW DO NOT READ"?

Kish
2009-07-09, 10:53 PM
Rich said he plans to make the Dragon Magazine strips available to people who didn't read them in Dragon somehow. That was a long time ago, however.

theinsulabot
2009-07-10, 12:47 AM
(rich Burlew Do Not Read)

Optimystik
2009-07-10, 12:57 AM
Given that he's the only one who could fulfill your request... maybe you shouldn't be trying to warn him away from the thread? :smallconfused:

Mesiolan
2009-07-10, 01:02 AM
I assume Rich WANTED to make the strips available. But I guess there are copyright problems with Paizo or the former publisher, WotC.

R. Malcovitch
2009-07-10, 04:30 AM
They're available in .pdf format on BitTorrent. Normally there's the whole "stealing" thing, but seeing as it's the only way to get the comics other than hunting down old copies of Dragon...

*dives for cover*

Tafkan
2009-07-10, 05:44 AM
I have all these strips on backed up on my computer, in case the magazines ever get lost or whatever. I suppose I could share them if it's not illegal?

Shhalahr Windrider
2009-07-10, 05:44 AM
I assume Rich WANTED to make the strips available. But I guess there are copyright problems with Paizo or the former publisher, WotC.
I'm not sure where the relevant quote is right now, so I can't provide proper citation, but when Rich did make his official statement on the issue, the primary problem was that there weren't enough Dragon strips for a single book. He's just trying to work out a proper delivery mechanism.

I suppose I could share them if it's not illegal?
It is illegal.

NerfTW
2009-07-10, 08:25 AM
Yes, he owns the copyright, there's simply just not enough to make a book. Go do a search on his name and look back, it was within the last year or so.

Most likely they would be included as bonus material in a book, I'm guessing the next prequel book, or possibly even just a bonus sequence on the web after the strip ends.

AND DON'T DISCUSS HOW TO STEAL HIS WORK ON HIS OWN WEBSITE.

That's just the opposite of class.

Roland St. Jude
2009-07-10, 10:25 AM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Yes, please don't advocate copyright infringement, of the Giant's work or any other.