PDA

View Full Version : Wigs ITP

Coidzor
2009-07-09, 11:08 PM
Anyone ever gone wig shopping before? ...Or had much practice with wig-wearing? I'm seriously considering casting about for an electric-blue-ish haired wig and a plus-size dress for my halloween costume now after an interesting series of events involving Little Big Planet, bunny ears, and chasing my friend in game armed with a fryingpan.

Any interesting wig adventures?

Horrifying wig fiascos?

Irrational, all-consuming hatreds towards all things of the wigged variety?

Ravens_cry
2009-07-10, 02:43 AM
Sadly, there is no wig shoppes anywhere around. I would likely have to go to the mainland. Still, I found a pretty good one for Halloween that was fairly fem, long bangs and about shoulder length on the side, dark with metallic red strands.
The basic style really suited my facial structure and if I ever get a real wig, one for besides Halloween, I would go for something similar. There's always online stores, but I am terrified of being gypped.

Totally Guy
2009-07-10, 04:00 AM
I was looking for a bald wig for halloween. And lots of blue paint. I'm going to be Dr. Manhatten.:smalltongue:

Ravens_cry
2009-07-10, 04:19 AM
I was looking for a bald wig for halloween. And lots of blue paint. I'm going to be Dr. Manhatten.:smalltongue:
Sounds. . .cold.

Coidzor
2009-07-10, 04:36 AM

Heh, my friend did something similar to be a Nacc Macc Feagle from Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men. Except he just killed his hair dying it red. Was mostly naked though save for the blue paint.

SDF
2009-07-10, 07:05 AM
I went wig shopping with my mom years ago when she had cancer. (don't worry, it got better) I used it for hair metal adventures later on. :smalltongue:

bosssmiley
2009-07-10, 07:14 AM
I was looking for a bald wig for Halloween. And lots of blue paint. I'm going to be Dr. Manhattan.:smalltongue:

Any excuse to divest yourself of those annoying garments, eh Glug? :smallwink:

I'd love to be there when that one comes to court.
"Clerk. Who is Dr Manhattan?"

Which, by strange circumstance, leads us right back onto the topic of dudes in wigs...

Totally Guy
2009-07-10, 09:46 AM
On this occassion I'm joking. But I've just realised that on those past occassions I wasn't... This is becoming my schtick isn't it?:smallsigh:

SilveryCord
2009-07-10, 10:41 AM
Wigs are superamazing.
You can make coats out of them.
http://images.nymag.com/images/2/daily/2008/09/20080930_hairylady_250x375.jpg
You can make amazing music videos in them. See: my avatar.
You can perpetrate gender fraud....
the list goes on and on!

KjeldorMage
2009-07-11, 07:32 AM
Down with Jackson, that charlatan!

Wait that is "Whigs ITP"

craaaaapp!

Coidzor
2009-07-11, 07:35 AM
Indeed, I almost made that reference in my OP. Figured 19th century politics would be too out of date and against forum rules for good taste though. :smalltongue:

Any good general places in the U.S. to begin looking for a wig closer to home?

I sort of have no idea where to begin other than a Halloween outlet store, and I kidna doubt what I have in mind would be available at such anyway.

KjeldorMage
2009-07-11, 08:24 AM
Actually a good place is to haunt a local drag bar and ask some of the "ladies" there.

They usually always have the DL on where to go to get the best wigs.

Make sure to compliment them though or they probably won't talk to you.

GrlumpTheElder
2009-07-11, 01:19 PM

Use a Swimming hat and paint it blue.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2009-07-11, 01:33 PM
*ahem* Real world politics are taboo on these forums. Besides, the Whig Party (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whig_Party_(United_States)) basically saw its last effective days during the 1850's, so -

What's that? Wigs, as in fake hair? :smallconfused:

Never mind. Move along, folks. Nothing to see here. :smallredface:

Neko Toast
2009-07-11, 01:51 PM
I do have a wig that I use for cosplay. I have a black short-haired wig that I use for my Roy Mustang costume.

My friend Kara has like... 4 or 5 wigs for cosplay. Sometimes she wears them when she's bored.

Nameless
2009-07-11, 02:29 PM
There's a wig shop down my road.
I should pay it a visit some time.

Coidzor
2009-07-11, 05:21 PM
There's a wig shop down my road.
I should pay it a visit some time.

With a photographer friend. And buy one or some. For use in your silly and sundry photos.